Dexterity scrolling window link table not on the form

Dear all ,

I have  a dexterity customized form containing a scrolling window and both
the form and the scrolling window are link to the same tabel,
but after installing the chunk and try to open my form i receive "scrolling
window link table not on the form" error message.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
0
Rami (25)

Try the following:
One common situation is not attaching the file that the scrolling window is
auto-linked to onto the form where the scrolling window resides.

Another situation causing the "Link file not found on scrolling window"
message to appear may be due to re-creating the file definition with a
slightly different name. The scrolling window would have pointed to a
different file resource ID. When that resource was removed, the scrolling
window lost its pointer. In many instances, if you open the form with the
scrolling window and save the window layout and the form definition again,
the pointer will be reset to the new file definition.

"Rami" wrote:

> Dear all ,
>
> I have  a dexterity customized form containing a scrolling window and both
> the form and the scrolling window are link to the same tabel,
> but after installing the chunk and try to open my form i receive "scrolling
> window link table not on the form" error message.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Regards
0
RC (240)
9/21/2007 7:58:01 PM
That solved my problem.
Thank you very much.

"rc" wrote:

> Try the following:
> One common situation is not attaching the file that the scrolling window is
> auto-linked to onto the form where the scrolling window resides.
>
> Another situation causing the "Link file not found on scrolling window"
> message to appear may be due to re-creating the file definition with a
> slightly different name. The scrolling window would have pointed to a
> different file resource ID. When that resource was removed, the scrolling
> window lost its pointer. In many instances, if you open the form with the
> scrolling window and save the window layout and the form definition again,
> the pointer will be reset to the new file definition.
>

> "Rami" wrote:
>
> > Dear all ,
> >
> > I have  a dexterity customized form containing a scrolling window and both
> > the form and the scrolling window are link to the same tabel,
> > but after installing the chunk and try to open my form i receive "scrolling
> > window link table not on the form" error message.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > Regards
0
Rami (25)

Windows 7 WLM Calendar
I would prefer my week to start with Sunday rather than Monday. Can I change this without creating new problems? Easy to follow answer please, Ha Ha One can change the start day(Sat, Sun, Mon) when viewing the Calendar in the web UI(Calendar.live.com) http://calendar.live.com/calendar/options.aspx If referring to the calendar in WLM(mine starts on Sunday) - there is no option in WLM to modify the start day(Build 15, beta) Are you in the U.S. ? (different locales have differnt calendar start days based on Windows regional settings) Support for Windows Live Calendar can be ...

Take a look at critical pack for Microsoft Windows
--fmjvrtegd Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pgkkzaduq"; type="multipart/alternative" --pgkkzaduq Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="rjzqdxybvq" --rjzqdxybvq Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your computer from t...

linking a lot of pages
I searched the questions, but need advice. Background: putting together a cookbook with about 475 recipies divided into 8 sections. My question: How can I link a large, unknown quantity of pages so I can drop each section in from Word? I've added a large number of pages in bookform, and asked Publisher to create my text boxes. Please keep in mind I have no formal training in Publisher. Thanks so much. Are the single recipes going to fit on one page? Are you going to copy all the recipes at once or a section at a time? Are you planning a booklet setup? Create a booklet in page se...

Scroll bar
I have a memo field with a lot of text in for each record. At the moment, unless the user has clicked on the memo field, the scroll bars to do show. This could sometimes suggest to an end ser who is unfamilier with my appliaction that there is no further text below the visable. Is there a way of making the verticle scroll bars appear all the time? RitchieJHicks wrote: > I have a memo field with a lot of text in for each record. > > At the moment, unless the user has clicked on the memo field, the > scroll bars to do show. This could sometimes suggest to an end ser > who is ...

link #2
i use outlook send the link to my co-worker for ex: \\servername\folder1\sale account but my co-worker cannot open the link because there is space before sale account folder. please advice. ...

Tracking Number Custom Link
I have a SOP invoice document where I'd like to create a custom link to an internal intranet site. That way customer service can go into user defined fields, select my custom link from the tracking number drop down and go to my webpage that contains some specilized information not available in great plains. I have a new custom link setup, however, i need to pass the invoice number to this site. I was thinking that I could use the tracking number user defined field some how. Is there a way I can use the tracking number and have that passed in the URL of a custom link? Or i...

Lead Window
Hi, One thing our users are finding annoying with MS CRM is that when they open lead records the window for the record is partly off the screen. This means that they have to drag the lead record window into the centre of the screen on every occasion. Is there any setting that can be changed so that records open in the centre of the screen on every occasion???? Thanks Lee Lee, I can repro this problem by running the web client on an 800 X 600 resolution screen. The problem goes away when you switch to a higher resolution. Edwin Garst www.epconsystems.com "Lee" <l.hargrave@...

MS 'Open Sourced' Windows Template Libray
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_1BDE_01C43EA4.A29B6C70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Download links: http://wtl.50megs.com/wtl.htm =20 Click Here =20 =20 ------=_NextPart_000_1BDE_01C43EA4.A29B6C70 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD&...

Form Locking Code Encrypting
Where would I go to find some software that I can use on my DB so as stop somebody copying it. I want to put an Encrypted code on one form that locks all Data on that and 2 other forms will not work unless there is the right code on the main form.................Thanks For any Help.....Bob rofl Access MDB is not secure; you should use SQL Server with Access Data Projects; it's not like someone can copy your database lol On Apr 29, 5:49 pm, "Bob" <x...@xx.xx> wrote: > Where would I go to find some software that I can use on my DB so as stop > somebody copy...

Pivot Table Question #11
Hello, I have 2 worksheets with similiar data from 2 different systems. For example worksheet 1 has: FileID Expense Type Total 1234 Repairs $100 5678 Rent $300 worksheet 2 has: File Expires Expense Type Amount 1234 10/22/08 Rent $435 5678 12/31/08 Rent $100 Can I use a Pivot table with Consolidated ranges to create a Pivot table which would compare the amounts by File and Expense Type in the 2 tables? For example one row might look like File Expense Type Worksheet 1 Worksheet 2...

What is dexterity?
I know that great plains runs on MS SQL 2000. What is dexterity, what does it do? Anyone got a short but accurate answer? -- Bruce Elniski IT Manager The DoorStore of Alberta Bruce, It is the original Great Plains development environment. Read C+ (that's a + less than C++ and also not quite object orientated (by a long way)). Orginally built by Great Plains Software as a cross platform (Windows and Mac) development platform, it is the what the Great Plains core modules are devloped in. Cheers. R. "Bruce Elniski" wrote: > I know that great plains runs on MS SQL 2...

Creating a Sibling Window (to the View Window) with AppWizard
I am using Visual C++ 6.0 on Windows XP. Using AppWizard I have a window for the view class and would like to create a sibling window (that moves around in the same client area of the main window) from that class. I try the following void CMyWinView::OnSiblingCreate() { CWnd* pMain=AfxGetApp()->m_pMainWnd; CRMAWinDoc* pDoc = GetDocument(); char csTitleBarText[128]; DWORD dwStyle=GetStyle(); DWORD dwExStyle=GetExStyle(); RECT rClientRect={0, 0, dwColumns, dwRows}; CSiblingWin* pWnd = new CSiblingWin; CString clsname = AfxRegisterWndClass(0); HWND hNewWindow; CWnd* cwNewWindow; ...

Pivot Table Problem
I am working in an excel spreadsheet which another person created a pivot table in. I have to do a lot of cutting and pasting into another report. When I scroll my mouse over any cell in the sheet with data in it a bluebox appears with the information in that in cell. How do I turn that off? It is very annoying as it causes a delay in my trying to copy that cell. Hi, While in the pivot table choose PivotTable Tools, Options, Options, Display and turn off Show contextual tooltips. Cheers, Shane -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire ...

Windows mail signature
I've made a windows mail signatue in vista with a logo. How do I get the logo to stay when I use my signature? The text comes of perfectly although the outline box of the logo is there but no pic! Thanks Maybe posting this to the experts over at the Windows Mail newsgroup will get you a proper answer On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "bew_...

Dexterity Runtime error: Unable to open DEX.DIC
Dynamics GP 10 Adv. SP2 is installed and work's well all the time. Now I get this error when launching Dynamics on the server. All clients are working without any problem. I cannot find a KB article. Any suggestios how to solve this issue?? Thanks -- Toni Toni, Couple of things: 1) Your DEX.DIC has been removed from the Dynamics GP installation path, or 2) Your DEX.DIC is marked as read only There may be other reasons, but we sure can start here. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP B...

Rounding in Dexterity
Hi, I am trying to use the round function in Dexterity which has the syntax round(field,side,expression{,mode}). I see that GP does the rounding such that 12.119 >> 12.12 12.111 >> 12.11 What option should I use for the "mode" in round function to get these results? Regards, Sup You'll note that "mode" is optional but for the different methods that it'll round the help file does give complete examples. For your example regular "rounding" is what you need. Just set the "expression" to 2 so it rounds at 2 decimals. Done. patri...

Find unused controls on a form
Is there a utility out there that can scan my project files and tell if a control is being used (referenced in code)? I use MZTools to find dead code, but I want to find dead controls. Maybe MZTools can do it, I just don't know how. It wouldn't be too difficult to write something rough to do it myself, but something readymade would be nice. kpg kpg wrote: > Is there a utility out there that can scan my project files and tell if a > control is being used (referenced in code)? > > I use MZTools to find dead code, but I want to find dead controls. Maybe ...

Select table to query
I have some tables that are named according to the date they are created e.g. 20080101TABLE, 20080215TABLE… and so on. The field names on these tables are exactly the same. Currently I’m building a query to analyze every table but I want to make this procedure faster. Before I run the query I would like to select the table I’m interested. How can I achieve this? My access skills are quite limited but if someone could give an example or some guidance I think I would be able to achieve it. Thanks in advance. Add a field for date and combine your tables into one. You will not need to c...

Windows Live wont open
When i try to access my windows live account, internet explorer tries to open the secure site but fails and tries to open it over and over again. i have optimized my internt explorer and updated it and deleted all browsing files to try to fix this. This problem does not occur on my windows xp internet explorer lap top at work. this occurs on my windows vista internet explorer 7 and 8 lap top at home. I did have trial version of norton antivirus which expired (i uninstalled this) and i am now trialing bullguard antivirus (this was a recommendation from computer store) ...

Scroll Area
How do I set 2 scroll areas in excel sheet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can't. You can simulate it by using the Worksheet_SelectionChange() event to intercept selections outside the areas and return the selection to your areas. Assume the two areas are A1:J10 and A21:J30. Put this in the Worksheet code module (right click on the worksheet tab and choose View Code): Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Static rOldSelection As Range Static rScrollArea1 As Range Static rScrollArea2 As Range ...

Running 2 reports in a form together
Hi , I have 2 seperate reports, one works off a drop down menu where you select a client and it brings up all the jobs to the selected clients name. The 2nd is a date report where you enter 2 dates and it brings up all the jobs between them. What I want to do is make them now work together, so 1st you select the client then the dates and it brings up all the jobs for that client between the dates selected. The client report uses a "where" command, of client name=clientcombo for example. The date is written in code, now is there anywhere I can add a where command or similar to the d...

Resize Properties window
Too many of the dialog boxes do no allow resizing and many of the entries are to large to view. For instance, in the file properties window, when I start typing in the "Start in:" box, the list that is displayed is useless because all the entries look the same. Hover over does not work on this box. Is there some reason why these windows can't be re-sized? ...

using tooltip on form
Hello there I have form that present as datasheet. Is there a way when I place the mouse pointer on field lebel to present another data of the tooltip text or any other text? Take a look at what Stephen Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/tooltip.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Roy Goldhammer" <roy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e8MoFoivHHA.4332@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello there > > I have form that present as datasheet. > > Is there a way when I place the mouse pointer on field lebel to p...

Excel & Powerpoint link
Hi all, I'm having a problem with the linking. I have a powerpoint deck that needs to be updated regularly, so what I have done is to create the charts and tables in excel, then link it to powerpoint, so that whenever the data in excel is updated, the charts would be updated. The way I did it: For each chart/table that I want to add to the slide: - Copy the chart/table - Go to Powerpoint - Paste Special -> Paste Link -> Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object Now everything works fine, except for one issue: When I move the pptx and xlsx, sometimes the links don'...

Enumerated type in Dexterity?
I have searched and could not find an answer to this seemingly simple question. Is there such a thing as an enumerated type in Dexterity? If not an explicit one, is there a workaround (with drop down list perhaps?) to get the same kind of functionality as one would expect in an enumerated type? I know I could just create constants to handle this, but I'm trying to avoid adding dozens of constants for this. Thanks -Greg M No, there are no enumerated types in Dexterity. A drop-down list won't help you, because its value is an integer. You will have to create constants for the...