Dexterity Runtime: You do not have permissions to open this file

So, I have a users that is getting:

"Dexterity Runtime: You do not have permissions to open this file"

I checked and I ensured that she has the same permissions on the network as
other users and she can get to all the files in the GP directory on the
server.  I had the admin reset her password in Great Plains and that didn't
work either.

I had one of the other users log into her computer and it worked fine too.

Any Clues.
0
Daeta (1)

Is this happening when first logging into GP?  If so, it's typically a
Windows permission error on the reports.dic (usually this happens when it is
being shared on the server) - make sure that Windows user has full
permissions to that file.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Daeta" <Daeta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> So, I have a users that is getting:
>
> "Dexterity Runtime: You do not have permissions to open this file"
>
> I checked and I ensured that she has the same permissions on the network
> as
> other users and she can get to all the files in the GP directory on the
> server.  I had the admin reset her password in Great Plains and that
> didn't
> work either.
>
> I had one of the other users log into her computer and it worked fine too.
>
> Any Clues.

0
victoria (3340)

file corruptions on open of a viso dwg.
When I open a viso drawing...I get an error 5392 Corrupt file. What can I do to fix?? I just upgraded from the technical refresh to the new trial version. I was working on the file for a few hours...saved it. When I tried to open the same file the next morning . It gave me this error Jerry Since you are using 2007, you could try opening in a machine with 2003. They use the same file format. The file may just be corrupt, and there's nothing that can be done other than to recreate from scratch, unless you have a backup of the file. Also, you can try everything in the KB article...

Re-open task
How is a closed task re-opened for editing? Rolf I think you will have to make a workflow rule to do this. Thank you for your reply Lars. Do you have any suggestions on how I might go about doing that? Thanks, Rolf "LarsL" <LarsL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80C3321A-DA93-4863-89FA-74061FE19B28@microsoft.com... >I think you will have to make a workflow rule to do this. ...

parameter queries and runtime
I just started reviewing a conversion project. The client has Access 2000 databases now running in access 2007 runtime. Any parameter queries with one parameter run fine. Any queries with multiple parameters return an empty recordset. The multiple parameters are prompts for dates thentext with wildcards. Is this an issue with the free downloaded runtime? It's probably a difference in the way Access is understanding the parameters. Post the SQL statement of the query that fails. (Switch to SQL View, copy'n'paste here.) Also, tell us the data type of the fields you are applyi...

Visual C++ Runtime Error stopping outlook 2002
I have a very strange problem that I need to ask for help with ..... I had MSN explorer and Outlook working together quite well for a while, with Outlook Connector working well to take my MSN and Hotmail emails into Outlook. Then MSN Explorer and that email client started to get flaky, so I uninstalled them. That left Outlook 2002 (with all current service packs) operating fine until yesterday when I started to get a lot of messages telling me that the Outlook Personal Folders had not been shut down properly (they had) and time was spent checking the folders before the programme ope...

Open Error
I just installed Office 97 on Windows 2000. I applied SP4 for Windows and both service release for Office 97. When I double click most of my .xls files, I get an error that a file with the same name is already open. But the file opens and I can make changes and save them. I do not get the error if I open the file through the File/Open menu. Has anybody seen this and gotten rid of it? Greg ...

I'm unable to open Outlook due to a Runtime error (in Visual C++ .
Just installed Office XP (from Disk) and I keep getting a statement that Outlook can't connect to Microsoft Exchange Server. Hi, Are you actually connected to an Exchange server? If not, it sounds like your Outlook profile is not set up correctly, and is trying to locate an Exchange server that doesn't exist. To correct this problem, first open Outlook, click on Tools > Email Accounts > select View or change existing email accounts. If the email accounts box refers to a Microsoft Exchange server, highlight that entry and click remove. Outlook will no longer look for an E...

Printing multiple files
I have a set of EXCEL files, 661-001, 661-002...3, 662-001, 662-002...5, 681-001...3, 685-001, 681-025 ------etc. Each file has 2 worksheets. How can I print each file, consecutively without opening, printing ws-1, switch to ws-2, closing, then opening the next file, etc., etc., etc? Would this be done with a macro? Is there another way where possibly the number of copies of each worksheet which varies by file could be modified each month? If you combined all the files into one Excel document you could print them all at once. You would do this by right-clicking on any sheet tab and choosi...

cannot open excel files after upgrading
I have office xp. after upgrading to sp2, sp3, I cannot open old excel files. massage "this file is not in recognizable format". help!!! thanks y.r.i ...

Truncating an oversize PST file
Hi all, Is there a more straight forward method than the one suggested by Microsoft as below: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296088 Thanks, Ryan No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Microsoft asked: | Hi all, | | Is there a more straight forward method than the one suggested by | Microsoft as below: | http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296088 | | Thanks, | Ryan ...

How turn off automatic updates for selected files?
I am running a Windows XP computer, and like many others, I am having trouble with the installation of certain Net. Framework files using Windows Automatic Updates. Specifically how can I "tell" the Windows Automatic Updates feature to not list certain Net.Framework files for installation (ones that will not properly install) while Windows Updates continues to function normally with respect to other files? Or to put it another way, is there a way to temporarily list certain files for Windows Updates to ignore, until the problem with those Net. Framework files is fixe...

MS 'Open Sourced' Windows Template Libray
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_1BDE_01C43EA4.A29B6C70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Download links: http://wtl.50megs.com/wtl.htm =20 Click Here =20 =20 ------=_NextPart_000_1BDE_01C43EA4.A29B6C70 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD&...

What is dexterity?
I know that great plains runs on MS SQL 2000. What is dexterity, what does it do? Anyone got a short but accurate answer? -- Bruce Elniski IT Manager The DoorStore of Alberta Bruce, It is the original Great Plains development environment. Read C+ (that's a + less than C++ and also not quite object orientated (by a long way)). Orginally built by Great Plains Software as a cross platform (Windows and Mac) development platform, it is the what the Great Plains core modules are devloped in. Cheers. R. "Bruce Elniski" wrote: > I know that great plains runs on MS SQL 2...

2007 runtime causes error in previously installed version
I developed an application in Access 2007. I packaged it with the Access 2007 runtime environment. I installed it on a machine that has Access 2003 installed. That machine gets errors when using a form developed in Access 2003. In uninstalled the 2007 runtime and the Access 2003 form works fine but now he can't use the application I installed. Some of my users don't have Access at all on their machine so they don't have a problem. I'm guessing that anyone that has built something with a previous version is liable to have an issue with the 2007 runtime. Any suggestions? smc@se...

Is there a limit to the number of worksheets in an excel file?
I have an excel file with about 150 worksheets. It will continue to grow. Is there a limit to the size of this file or can I just keep adding worksheets (they are inter-related with VLOOKUP functions). Per the XL help file, the no. of worksheets is only limited by memory. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have an excel file with about 150 worksheets. It will continue to grow. >Is there a limit to the size of this file or can I just keep adding >worksheets (they are inter-related with VLOOKUP functions). >. > ...

Mail, pdf attachments appear in body, not as pdf file
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am trying to attach a pdf file to an email message. I keep getting the actual pdf in the body of the email message, as opposed to an actual attachment for the receiver to open and possibly print out. Playing around, I managed to get a icon (camera, piece of paper) to appear in the body of the email message, but don't know what I did, and haven't been able to duplicate it. Hope someone can help. Thanks from Connecticut Are you talking about Mail.app, the mail application that comes with Mac OS X? These newsgroups are for Mic...

Cannot open Clip art in Publisher... Please Help?
When using Publisher, we cannot open the Clip Art. It has always worked from the side menu... Now nothing.... Please help. Open the Organizer from the start menu, Microsoft Office Tools, when the Organizer opens, tools, compact. Empty your temporary cache, in Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options, delete files. If neither of these solutions work, do a "detect and repair" from the help in the Organizer. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ATA" <ATA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

trace listener
Hi, I'm trying to write trace out using TextWriterTraceListener. It work fine. But I would like to do the following 2 tasks but I can't find any way to do it. - Limit maximum log file size - Refresh log file content everytime program start. thank you very much, Bandu Bandu wrote: > Hi, > > I'm trying to write trace out using TextWriterTraceListener. It work > fine. But I would like to do the following 2 tasks but I can't find > any way to do it. > > - Limit maximum log file size > - Refresh log file content everytime program st...

How to code a batch file?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to code a batch file to open an excel file if current time is between 9 am and 10 am? otherwise don't open it. Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric On Mar 25, 8:37=A0pm, Eric <E...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to code a batch file to open an e= xcel > file if current time is between 9 am and 10 am? otherwise don't open it. > Thanks in advance for any suggestions > Eric I would try this group. Andy http://groups.google.com/group/alt.msdos.batch.nt?hl=3Den ...

OWA-Outlook-Opening Email
I access my email at work using "OWA". It seems out of the blue | can no longer open an email to read it. But I can move from box t | box and even delete emails but I simply can't open one to read it no | can I compose an email. I do not have a pop-blocker. An | information would be appreciated. I also have full virus protection | My wife who logs into to her email at work with the same method i | having the same problem. And of course if I go to the local interne | cafe everything works fine. Help! ...

restoring a file
I accidently saved one of my files under another file name, now the other file is lost. Is there some way I can get that old file back? I was hoping there was some sort of temporary folder I could go to to restore it from the previous day? Help!! "Beth", If you mean you saved file_1 using file_2's name, then the "original" file_2 cannot be recovered. Regrets, Andy ...

Rounding in Dexterity
Hi, I am trying to use the round function in Dexterity which has the syntax round(field,side,expression{,mode}). I see that GP does the rounding such that 12.119 >> 12.12 12.111 >> 12.11 What option should I use for the "mode" in round function to get these results? Regards, Sup You'll note that "mode" is optional but for the different methods that it'll round the help file does give complete examples. For your example regular "rounding" is what you need. Just set the "expression" to 2 so it rounds at 2 decimals. Done. patri...

Dexterity Runtime error: Unable to open DEX.DIC
Dynamics GP 10 Adv. SP2 is installed and work's well all the time. Now I get this error when launching Dynamics on the server. All clients are working without any problem. I cannot find a KB article. Any suggestios how to solve this issue?? Thanks -- Toni Toni, Couple of things: 1) Your DEX.DIC has been removed from the Dynamics GP installation path, or 2) Your DEX.DIC is marked as read only There may be other reasons, but we sure can start here. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP B...

Help Files not working
Whenever I go to Help (either just hitting F1 or clicking the Question Mark) I can see the index but if I click to go to an article it does nothing. I am using offline content. I have Office 2007 on a Windows 7 x64 machine ...

open a web page in Outlook
Happy Holidays! I am working on a project that involves opening web pages in outlook. We have couple public folders that have default web pages. The interesting is that all of them open ok in browser but some would not open in outlook. in particular, the ones with https are most common not to open. Any ideas why is this happening??? We are running office XP and some users have service packs and some don't. Service pack version seams to be irrelevant. George do the https ones set cookies? There seems to be a problem with sites that require cookies. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook...

Enumerated type in Dexterity?
I have searched and could not find an answer to this seemingly simple question. Is there such a thing as an enumerated type in Dexterity? If not an explicit one, is there a workaround (with drop down list perhaps?) to get the same kind of functionality as one would expect in an enumerated type? I know I could just create constants to handle this, but I'm trying to avoid adding dozens of constants for this. Thanks -Greg M No, there are no enumerated types in Dexterity. A drop-down list won't help you, because its value is an integer. You will have to create constants for the...