Dexterity Runtime error: Unable to open DEX.DIC

Dynamics GP 10 Adv. SP2 is installed and work's well all the time. Now I get
this error when launching Dynamics on the server. All clients are working
without any problem.
I cannot find a KB article. Any suggestios how to solve this issue??

Thanks

--
Toni
0

Toni,

Couple of things:

1) Your DEX.DIC has been removed from the Dynamics GP installation path, or

2) Your DEX.DIC is marked as read only

There may be other reasons, but we sure can start here.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Toni" wrote:

> Dynamics GP 10 Adv. SP2 is installed and work's well all the time. Now I get
> this error when launching Dynamics on the server. All clients are working
> without any problem.
> I cannot find a KB article. Any suggestios how to solve this issue??
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Toni
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
4/27/2009 9:14:15 PM
Thanks Mariano. I have launched Dynamics today in the morning withot any
problem, but later on the day when launching again I got this error.
I checked in the Dynamics folder:
I have full rights on the dex.dic folder, but what I found is that the
folder name is Dex_US.dic
Dictionary version: 10.0.263 and Dictionary ID: 1

All the other users are working from their workstations. I login remote or
via VPN to the server all the time and now unexpected I get this error.
--
Toni

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Toni,
>
> Couple of things:
>
> 1) Your DEX.DIC has been removed from the Dynamics GP installation path, or
>
> 2) Your DEX.DIC is marked as read only
>
> There may be other reasons, but we sure can start here.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Toni" wrote:
>
> > Dynamics GP 10 Adv. SP2 is installed and work's well all the time. Now I get
> > this error when launching Dynamics on the server. All clients are working
> > without any problem.
> > I cannot find a KB article. Any suggestios how to solve this issue??
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> > Toni
0
Toni1 (87)
4/27/2009 10:46:01 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_34E76BD8

Hi Toni

Dex_US.dic is not actually used when running Dynamics GP.  It is a backup of the original US English Dex.dic when you are using the
International English Dex.dic.

It is only the Dex.dic that you need to ensure you have access to.

If this problem continues you might need to use FileMon.exe to identify what the issue is.  For assistance with this I would suggest
creating a support incident.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.

------=_NextPart_0001_34E76BD8

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang3081{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Toni
\par
\par Dex_US.dic is not actually used when running Dynamics GP.  It is a backup of the original US English Dex.dic when you are using the International English Dex.dic.
\par
\par It is only the Dex.dic that you need to ensure you have access to.
\par
\par If this problem continues you might need to use FileMon.exe to identify what the issue is.  For assistance with this I would suggest creating a support incident.
\par
\par David Musgrave [MSFT]
\par Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
\par Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
\par
\par Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
\par
\par mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
\par
\par Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_34E76BD8--

0
dmusgrav7144 (312)

Re-open task
How is a closed task re-opened for editing? Rolf I think you will have to make a workflow rule to do this. Thank you for your reply Lars. Do you have any suggestions on how I might go about doing that? Thanks, Rolf "LarsL" <LarsL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80C3321A-DA93-4863-89FA-74061FE19B28@microsoft.com... >I think you will have to make a workflow rule to do this. ...

parameter queries and runtime
I just started reviewing a conversion project. The client has Access 2000 databases now running in access 2007 runtime. Any parameter queries with one parameter run fine. Any queries with multiple parameters return an empty recordset. The multiple parameters are prompts for dates thentext with wildcards. Is this an issue with the free downloaded runtime? It's probably a difference in the way Access is understanding the parameters. Post the SQL statement of the query that fails. (Switch to SQL View, copy'n'paste here.) Also, tell us the data type of the fields you are applyi...

Visual C++ Runtime Error stopping outlook 2002
I have a very strange problem that I need to ask for help with ..... I had MSN explorer and Outlook working together quite well for a while, with Outlook Connector working well to take my MSN and Hotmail emails into Outlook. Then MSN Explorer and that email client started to get flaky, so I uninstalled them. That left Outlook 2002 (with all current service packs) operating fine until yesterday when I started to get a lot of messages telling me that the Outlook Personal Folders had not been shut down properly (they had) and time was spent checking the folders before the programme ope...

HQ Client errors
Anybody ever come across this error in HQ Client? DynaZip UnZip Error: ZIP File read error! Follow by Headquarters Client: Run-time error '50003': Unexpected error Follow by CStateMachine::ExecuteState - Unexpected error (Unhandled Error, state = '9') Thanks Raymond Raymond, it seems that the journals that are been uploaded are corrupted. Do you have any problems at the specific store? Try to upload into a backup db the journals from the first day the store opend and see if he is able to download. In order to make sure that you do not have problems with the conne...

Open Error
I just installed Office 97 on Windows 2000. I applied SP4 for Windows and both service release for Office 97. When I double click most of my .xls files, I get an error that a file with the same name is already open. But the file opens and I can make changes and save them. I do not get the error if I open the file through the File/Open menu. Has anybody seen this and gotten rid of it? Greg ...

The messaging interface has returned an unknown error #2
A user has an intermittent error when sending emails with attachments: 'The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists restart Outlook' and it boots her out of Outlook before she has a chance to save the email or attachment elsewhere. All other users have exactly the same setup: MS Outlook 2000 SR-1 but no-one else has this issue. I found this error on the microsoft support site and it says that MS have a specific fix, but when I enter their legal product code it says it is wrong and doesn't allow me to go any further to download the fix? ...

I'm unable to open Outlook due to a Runtime error (in Visual C++ .
Just installed Office XP (from Disk) and I keep getting a statement that Outlook can't connect to Microsoft Exchange Server. Hi, Are you actually connected to an Exchange server? If not, it sounds like your Outlook profile is not set up correctly, and is trying to locate an Exchange server that doesn't exist. To correct this problem, first open Outlook, click on Tools > Email Accounts > select View or change existing email accounts. If the email accounts box refers to a Microsoft Exchange server, highlight that entry and click remove. Outlook will no longer look for an E...

What is dexterity?
I know that great plains runs on MS SQL 2000. What is dexterity, what does it do? Anyone got a short but accurate answer? -- Bruce Elniski IT Manager The DoorStore of Alberta Bruce, It is the original Great Plains development environment. Read C+ (that's a + less than C++ and also not quite object orientated (by a long way)). Orginally built by Great Plains Software as a cross platform (Windows and Mac) development platform, it is the what the Great Plains core modules are devloped in. Cheers. R. "Bruce Elniski" wrote: > I know that great plains runs on MS SQL 2...

Track in CRM error 08-18-06
In Outlook, when a user wants to send a message, and the user clicks the "Regarding" button, the user can then pick the account/contact, etc. However, when the user clicks on the send button, the following error is generated: --------------------------- Microsoft CRM --------------------------- You do not have enough privileges to access the Microsoft CRM object or perform the requested operation. For more information, contact your system administrator. Do you want to send the e-mail? If you click Yes, the e-mail will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be creat...

2007 runtime causes error in previously installed version
I developed an application in Access 2007. I packaged it with the Access 2007 runtime environment. I installed it on a machine that has Access 2003 installed. That machine gets errors when using a form developed in Access 2003. In uninstalled the 2007 runtime and the Access 2003 form works fine but now he can't use the application I installed. Some of my users don't have Access at all on their machine so they don't have a problem. I'm guessing that anyone that has built something with a previous version is liable to have an issue with the 2007 runtime. Any suggestions? smc@se...

Recordset error
Private Sub SetForm_Click() Dim sqlGroup As String Dim i As Integer Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset Set cn = CurrentProject.Connection i = 1 sqlGroup = "SELECT tempJobTitles.Rank, tempJobTitles.txtJobTitle, tempJobTitles.FirstQuart" & _ " FROM tempJobTitles WHERE (((tempJobTitles.Rank)='" & i & "'));" rs.Open sqlGroup, cn, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic I am getting the following error: Data Type Mismatch In Critera Expression The tempJobTitles.Rank is a long integer. I am guessing that it has to do with the i in the SQL, but I am not su...

Rounding in Dexterity
Hi, I am trying to use the round function in Dexterity which has the syntax round(field,side,expression{,mode}). I see that GP does the rounding such that 12.119 >> 12.12 12.111 >> 12.11 What option should I use for the "mode" in round function to get these results? Regards, Sup You'll note that "mode" is optional but for the different methods that it'll round the help file does give complete examples. For your example regular "rounding" is what you need. Just set the "expression" to 2 so it rounds at 2 decimals. Done. patri...

Error in loading DLL
I have a program that evolved for few months. Initialy, I had a form with some checkBoxes but by the time I ended up not using one of the checkBox therefore I deleted from the UserForm. Now, when I tried to delete this code or put ' sign: If chkRuby Then Application.CommandBars.FindControl(ID:=1849).Execute End If the Excel is giving me this error "Error in loading DLL" Is true that my code is not well organized and very long but... Thank you for any suggeston, idea!!! The first three things I would do are these: One, check your reference...

Standard error and confidence limits
Is it possible to plot mean values as points and to add both standard errors and confidence limits in the chart? Hi, Here are some links on adding datum lines to charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy Charlie wrote: > Is it possible to plot mean values as points and to add both standard errors > and confidence limits in the chart? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info And here's information about custom error ba...

Dexterity Runtime error: Unable to open DEX.DIC
Dynamics GP 10 Adv. SP2 is installed and work's well all the time. Now I get this error when launching Dynamics on the server. All clients are working without any problem. I cannot find a KB article. Any suggestios how to solve this issue?? Thanks -- Toni Toni, Couple of things: 1) Your DEX.DIC has been removed from the Dynamics GP installation path, or 2) Your DEX.DIC is marked as read only There may be other reasons, but we sure can start here. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP B...

ERROR
Just started using Outlook 2003 and I keep getting this error when sending mail and I have no clue what's wrong: --- Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Sent: 1/28/2004 5:31 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'email@email.com' on 1/28/2004 5:31 PM 550 relaying to <other@email.com> prohibited by administrator --- Any ideas how to fix this? Hi - first, make sure that if your SMTP server requires authentication, you've configured Outlook to do so. Then, if that doesn't do it...

Enumerated type in Dexterity?
I have searched and could not find an answer to this seemingly simple question. Is there such a thing as an enumerated type in Dexterity? If not an explicit one, is there a workaround (with drop down list perhaps?) to get the same kind of functionality as one would expect in an enumerated type? I know I could just create constants to handle this, but I'm trying to avoid adding dozens of constants for this. Thanks -Greg M No, there are no enumerated types in Dexterity. A drop-down list won't help you, because its value is an integer. You will have to create constants for the...

Error 5 Invalid proceedyre call or arguement
Why am I getting this error for Me.ActiveControl.SelStart = InStr(Me.ActiveControl.SelStart, Me.ActiveControl.text, m_FR.FindWhat) - 1? If I replace Me.ActiveControl with the name of a textbox, it works but I am using two textboxes that I switch between depending on weather WordWrap is on or not. -- ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org "Leo" <ttdhead@gmail.com> wrote > Why am I getting this error for Me.ActiveControl.SelStart = > InStr(Me.ActiveControl.SelStart, Me.ActiveControl...

Unable to view reports in MSCRM 1.2
Hi, I've installed MSDN version av MSCRM and everythink works fine.But I'm not able to view/create any kind of reports and I don't get any kind of error at all. It says that "No records are available in this view". I tried to logged in as different kinds of roles with no success. All Crystal report services are started as well successfully. Any idea what it could be the problem ? /Sica Sica, I feel your pain. There are more potholes with the Crystal components than you can imagine. Log into PartnerSource/CustomerSource, and look in the Techknowledge area for CRM--&...

Keep getting task pop 3 Send /Recieve Error 0x800 40 900
Outlook 2003 when I hit send /recieve to get mail the above notification appears, does this mean I have messages but unable to access them due to the error or could there be another explanation. Cheers Neil Is this a newly set up account? Did it ever work before? Have you checked with your ISP to verify your account settings? Check their website for the server details. Make sure you have spelled everything correctly in the account details - this is in the Control Panel mail applet. "Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8D1CE45-5CE2-4651-850F-DA514...

Dexterity
Anyone can advise on the above issue?? Much appreciated. Regards Ken Ken- I'm sure there are several ways, but here's what I do. This is going to be long.... Regards, Brenner (bklenzman@klenzmanconsulting.com). (1) create a script that dynamically executes the script below. Pass in the table name as a variable. tDex = ""; tDex = tDex + "close table " + sTableTechName + ". "; tDex = tDex + "open table " + sTableTechName + ". "; tDex = tDex + "close table " + sTableTechName + ". "; iErrCnt = execute(i...

Exchange 2003 installation errors
I had two problems that I know of when I installed SP 2 for Exchange 2003. I recieved the error: Setup failed while installing sub-component Exchange ActiveSync with error code 0xc0070652(please consult the installation logs for a detailed description). You amy cancel the installation or try the failed step again. I had to cancel but it said the installation was succesful. It does show having SP2. I will admit when that came up I realized I had Microsoft's anti spyware beta running so I shut it down.IT did not help with the retry. At the same time I had an installer ask for SQQL desk...

Unable to use DynamicEntity() to exeute a response
Hi, My CRM client has two custom entities set up, and I can use Dynamic Entity to create a record against those custom entities, respectively. Now, I created an entity for generating a sequence number and the plug- in will read the value and parse the incremented value to those entities. The original entities are related to "account" and "contact". The one that I created does not associated to any entity. For those two entities, I can able to create or update record with using Dynamic entity. However, the one that I create (for the sequece number) is not. I am able to ret...

Dexterity
Dear Sir/Mis I would like to know if there is anyway i can overcome the following: I've defined a library(COM) in my dictionary. The methods in that .DLL file which are defined as Strings, or take in String parameters, all show as "anonymous" datatypes with "anonymous" parameters in class browser. And therefore am not able to use em. System generates a Datatype conflict error on runtime. The DateTime datatype on the other hand works fine. NB:I've searched the MSDN, and the internet over and over. Thank you If it shows up as anonymous in the Dexterity clas...

Getting Windows Installer error message when starting Office appli
When I start an Office application I initially get a "Windows Installer" window to pop up stating "Preparing to install...". Approximately 30 seconds or so later a window pops up titled "Problem with Shortcut". The statement in this window is "This update package could not be opened. Verify that the update package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid Windows Installer update package." I am running Vista and Office 2007. This has not been a problem in the past. It appears a recent...