Dexerity Shared Components 10 install fail with GP 10.0

The Dexterity® Shared Components 10.0 fails to install if  Microsoft .NET
Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 is installed on the computer.

Fix - Unistall Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 and  run  disc again

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=57a38a3a-9748-4d7e-8ea4-89a86c777d0a&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
PhilJ (2)

------=_NextPart_0001_03EE106E

Phil,

There is an updated version of the Dexterity Shared Components available on
customer/partner source that is .net 2.0 SP1 aware.  It is here:

https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/servicepacks/dext
erity+development+system+releases+for+microsoft+dynamics+gp+10.0.htm?printpa
ge=false

It is the DexCmn10sp1 link.

Or you can open a case with the System Manager team reference bug 42188.
There is a transform file you can use to install both the Dexterity Shared
Components and another one to install Dynamics with.
Because this is an issue with our install, the case shouldn't be chargeable
unless you have other issues outside this scope.

patrick
developer support

--------------------
From: =?Utf-8?B?UGhpbEo=?= <PhilJ@discussions.microsoft.com>
Subject: Dexerity Shared Components 10 install fail with GP 10.0
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 08:21:01 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains

The Dexterity® Shared Components 10.0 fails to install if  Microsoft .NET
Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 is installed on the computer.

Fix - Unistall Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 and  run  disc again

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en
-us/default.mspx?mid=57a38a3a-9748-4d7e-8ea4-89a86c777d0a&dg=microsoft.publi
c.greatplains

------=_NextPart_0001_03EE106E

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Phil,
\par
\par There is an updated version of the Dexterity Shared Components available on customer/partner source that is .net 2.0 SP1 aware.  It is here:
\par
\par https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/servicepacks/dexterity+development+system+releases+for+microsoft+dynamics+gp+10.0.htm?printpage=false
\par
\par It is the DexCmn10sp1 link.
\par
\par Or you can open a case with the System Manager team reference bug 42188.  There is a transform file you can use to install both the Dexterity Shared Components and another one to install Dynamics with.
\par Because this is an issue with our install, the case shouldn't be chargeable unless you have other issues outside this scope.
\par
\par patrick
\par developer support
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par Thread-Topic: Dexerity Shared Components 10 install fail with GP 10.0
\par thread-index: AchSEnVbsjeodvm2TaChmM6b6rF0iA==
\par X-WBNR-Posting-Host: 207.46.19.197
\par From: =?Utf-8?B?UGhpbEo=?= <PhilJ@discussions.microsoft.com>
\par Subject: Dexerity Shared Components 10 install fail with GP 10.0
\par Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 08:21:01 -0800
\par Lines: 14
\par Message-ID: <57A38A3A-9748-4D7E-8EA4-89A86C777D0A@microsoft.com>
\par MIME-Version: 1.0
\par Content-Type: text/plain;
\par \tab charset="Utf-8"
\par Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
\par X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
\par Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
\par Importance: normal
\par Priority: normal
\par X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.2992
\par Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par Path: TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl
\par Xref: TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl microsoft.public.greatplains:19798
\par NNTP-Posting-Host: tk2msftibfm01.phx.gbl 10.40.244.149
\par X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par
\par The Dexterity\'c2\'ae Shared Components 10.0 fails to install if  Microsoft .NET
\par Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 is installed on the computer.
\par
\par Fix - Unistall Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 and  run  disc again
\par
\par
\par ----------------
\par This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
\par suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
\par Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
\par link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
\par click "I Agree" in the message pane.
\par
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=57a38a3a-9748-4d7e-8ea4-89a86c777d0a&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_03EE106E--

0
prot (52)
1/8/2008 5:40:39 PM
Thanks for the New Dexterity Link..  That  gets pas the first check of the
pre install, but the main install of GP10 then fails as it complains that
Framework 2.0 is not installed. It does not  recognize  that Framework 2.0
Service Pack 1 is on there.

So that did not help, GP 10.0 does not install with Framework 2.0 Service
Pack 1, it requires Framework 2.0 even with  Dexterity® Shared Components
10.0 Sp1 installed.

0
PhilJ (2)
1/10/2008 2:38:03 PM
On Jan 10, 9:38 am, PhilJ <Ph...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the New Dexterity Link..  That  gets pas the first check of the=

> pre install, but the main install of GP10 then fails as it complains that
> Framework 2.0 is not installed. It does not  recognize  that Framework 2.0=

> Service Pack 1 is on there.
>
> So that did not help, GP 10.0 does not install with Framework 2.0 Service
> Pack 1, it requires Framework 2.0 even with  Dexterity=C2=AE Shared Compon=
ents
> 10.0 Sp1 installed.

If you open a case with MSFT, they'll give you a transform file which
will take care of this. Phil has mentioned this above.
0
jivtesh (113)
1/10/2008 8:58:31 PM
There should be a KB article in the next day or two published that has the
transform files attached and instructions on how to run the command line
switch.

patrick
developer support

"Jivtesh" <jivtesh@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Jan 10, 9:38 am, PhilJ <Ph...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the New Dexterity Link..  That  gets pas the first check of the
> pre install, but the main install of GP10 then fails as it complains that
> Framework 2.0 is not installed. It does not  recognize  that Framework 2.0
> Service Pack 1 is on there.
>
> So that did not help, GP 10.0 does not install with Framework 2.0 Service
> Pack 1, it requires Framework 2.0 even with  Dexterity® Shared Components
> 10.0 Sp1 installed.

If you open a case with MSFT, they'll give you a transform file which
will take care of this. Phil has mentioned this above.

0
prot1 (1345)

sharing documents
How can I prevent formatting changes when I send my documents for others to review and make changes See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm for one aspect of this issue. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "b4i4get" <b4i4get@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEE3EBAE-B9B6-490E-BA5F-C233E4CC5666@microsoft.com... > How can I prevent formatting changes when I send my documents for others > to > review and make changes > ...

missing password/2004 installation problems
Hi - I was on the phone with tech support today for 75 minutes. I believe I have a bad disk (errors with disk on 2 computers). 2004 wipped out my 2000 installation and when I tried to restore my 2000 installation it asked for a password. I don't have a password and don't recall ever putting a password in. Please help! ALL of my financial data is in that file for the entire year. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Patti wrote: > >I was on the phone with tech support today for 75 >minutes. I believe I have a bad disk (errors with disk >on 2 computers). 200...

How to export more then 10.000 contacs to excel?
Hi NG, does anybody know how to export more than 10.000 contacts to excel or can i call this a "feature"? Regards Nicolas F=FChrs Hi, I havent tried for 10,000+ contacts...just being curious...did u try exporting the contacts from the option "Static Worksheet with records from all pages in the current view" (this is the second option under that excel icon)? "Nicolas Führs (www.connectiv.de)" wrote: > Hi NG, > > does anybody know how to export more than 10.000 contacts to excel or > can i call this a "feature"? > > Rega...

Sharing Folders/Drive & Outlook Express
To resolve a folders sharing issue ("You cannot view the list of users at this time") I got this fix from Knowledge Base - In Outlook Express, Tools, Options, General Tab "Make Outlook Express my default Simple MAPI client" - untick. But that option is not displayed there. Can anyone offer a resolution? Hi Lawlor, To set Outlook Express as your default Simple MAPI client, quit all other running e-mail programs, and then follow these steps in Outlook Express: Outlook Express 4.x and Windows 98 On the Tools menu, click Options. On the General tab, click the Make...

Can't invite shared calendar to meetings
I've created an additional calendar in "My Calendars" to use for team events and vacations. I've shared it with all of the team members and they are able to access it via the "Open other user's folder" function and can edit it directly. The problem comes when they want to invite the calendar to an event. It doesn't turn up in the corporate Outlook address book, and entering the name manually generates an "unknown" error. I can't see that calendar actually has an email address. The company is too big to just call an administrator. Is ...

DPM 2010 Questions 04-29-10
Just wondering if there is going to be some more scheduling flexibility introduced in a future service pack. I see the following issues...which have extended from DPM 2007. 1. Only 64 possible recovery points for file servers? If I want to schedule multiple recovery points per day...example 12PM and 6 PM, and retain a 6 week recovery period on disk...I don't think I can do this. Putting this to tape beyond the 64 recovery points isn't an option...or is there another way to tackle this. I can't create different protection groups for the same storage..correct? How...

Ribbon Customisation 03-20-10
Hi All, I just wanted to know if its possible to to add custom controls to the ribbon by using VBA alone? And what object reference to I need to add, to to this? Any help will be very much appreciated! no not possible. you must use ribbonx. search on that word. "Howard31" <aceirin@live.co.uk> wrote in message news:upNmQVGyKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... | Hi All, | | I just wanted to know if its possible to to add custom controls to the | ribbon by using VBA alone? And what object reference to I need to add, to to | this? | | Any help will be ve...

Shared workbook keeps renaming self
we have shared workbooks that can be used by up to 40 employees at an give time. occasionally the workbooks will magically rename themselve to things like 78097B00 or 6D8CD100 and when going to properties i states "type of file: file" can anything offer any explanation as to what is causing this and ho to stop it? it has become very troublesome since it takes a while t fix. thanks -- three6ohchri ----------------------------------------------------------------------- three6ohchris's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1319 View this thre...

Version 2.0 of the Auto FE Updater
This release of the Auto FE Updater is a huge, huge improvement in developer ease of use. There's a wizard to get you going with the basic operations in less than a minute. Need to make a change to a setting? Just a few mouse clicks as all settings are updated by forms rather than having to use Notepad as in the past. But it's even better. Now, with three mouse clicks, a formatted email containing a hyperlink for the users initial install of your app will be created. Your users can be running your app with two or three mouse clicks. (This depends on the number of hyperlink ...

Reg Additional fields in GP 10
Hi All, It has come to my notice, when i maximize a window like customer or vendor maintenance window. i see few additional fields at the bottom of the window which are not editable. i dont see these fields when the windows are in there original size. This i can see in many windows like address window's etc etc some having different colors in it. Is there any use of these fields or is it a coding error???? This is with respect to GP 10.0. Regards Reddy ...

Need to Change Column of Telephone numbers to just 10 characters
Hi I imported data from another program into excel. The telephone numbers are in the following format 333 333-3333. How do I change it to just having 10 digits without spaces of hyhens. I need it in this format to export to another system Jen Edit>replace find what -, leave replace with blank, then replace again and this time put a space in the find what and replace with nothing -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Jennifer Leen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7923E5C4-B199-464F-B34D-9B3B2C726376@microsoft.com... > Hi , > > I imported d...

No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. 10-28-04
Hi, My MS CRM server is with this error. I could not find any information regarding it. Does anyone knows? Thank you, Hugo Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 10/27/2004 Time: 9:08:54 PM User: N/A Computer: ALASCA Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. Error Message: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. Error Details: Details on this error...

Publisher2000 installed on Windows XP
My Publisher application continues to prompt me to put in the disc 2 of Office 2000 installation to run. I assume it wants to run from the CD. I previously had Office2000 and Publisher installed running on WindowsME. I recently upgraded to WindowsXP home edition. I re-installed MS Office and then the disc2 for Publisher. Every time I launch Publisher from start program, or directly with MSPUB.exe it is looking for the CD. I have tried 'add-remove programs' to change the settings to run all from PC but after that reinstall process it still is looking to run Publisher from C...

CRM 3.0 Upgrade. Missing notes in Cases, that were there in 1.2
Just finished my upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0 on Monday. Have been upgrading SFO clients over the last couple of days. All data came over fine, and all looks and is working great. Had a couple of users report that notes they had put in some of their Active Cases in 1.2 are no longer there. If they click the drop down arrow, the notes are in the summary. If the case is opened they are nowhere to be found. This is true in both the web/SFO client. Anyone have any ideas? Cheers, Terry I know of a limitation in v3 whereby the note title does not display in the note list view, this can be more ...

How to check if the values in a range of cells are greater than 0
Basically I want to check like IF(B3:B5 > 0,B1), if any of the values in B3 to B5 cells are greater than 0 then I take the value from the cell B1. How to do it in a simple way. If I use directly the above mentioned formula, it gives me a #VALUE error Thanks Try this: =3DIF(COUNTIF(B3:B5,">0")>0,B1,something_else) where you decide what you want the something_else to be (eg 0 or ""). Hope this helps. Pete On Mar 19, 10:19=A0am, DP <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Basically I want to check like IF(B3:B5 > 0,B1), if any...

Users with shared inbox
HI all, I have been asked to give a list of all users that have shared their mailbox with other users. I can see the admin one as I added them through AD but how can I tell if user1 has give permission to user2 through outlook Any ideas would be good as I have nop idea Thanks in advance Cliff "Cliff" <cliff.bree@bsl.com.au> wrote: >I have been asked to give a list of all users that have shared their mailbox >with other users. I can see the admin one as I added them through AD but >how can I tell if user1 has give permission to user2 through outlook > >A...

how do i remove conversion of 0.001 into 1
when i put any numeric value in excell it is displayed in fractional mode for eg. 1 is displayed as 0.001 ...

Address book 01-24-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I enter a name in filter window to try and find someone in my address book and nothing happens. How do I fix this? ...

Problem With Windows Installer When Checking Mail
Hi, I have Outlook 2003 with both office service packs installed and the windows installer comes up whenever I check for mail. It says that windows is preparing to install. How can I stop this and why is it doing it? Thank you Pike Something most probably needs to be installed/configured for outllook. Maybe a new addin installed or something. Does it ask for a CD or anything? If so normally letting it do what it wants do once.. normally does the trick. I had something like that recently with MS Excel when trying to open a simple xls file. "Pike" <pike@canada.com> wrote...

Dexerity Runtime screen very slow launching
Some of our overseas users are experiencing very slow responses when running Great Plains. It takes about 1 minute and 20 or so seconds for the splash screen to appear before the login prompt to GP. Then once in it takes about 20 or over 40 minutes to print a report to the screen. Any suggestions on how to trace the application to determine the background activity? How are your overseas users connecting to GP? Terminal Server? Citrix? Do you have Named Printers enabled? Are you using roaming profiles? If so, are temp directories being roamed? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano G...

Vlookup 04-05-10
COL of codes in A (full List of codes of about 2,000) COL of codes in B (selection of COL A codes of about 850) IF COL B code matches COLUMN A code, then true, else false Hi, in C1 enter =IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(B1=$A$1:$A$2000))>0,"True","False") copy formula down "Katerinia" wrote: > COL of codes in A (full List of codes of about 2,000) > COL of codes in B (selection of COL A codes of about 850) > > IF COL B code matches COLUMN A code, then true, else false I need to basically widdle away data in a worksheet, using the criteria...

Installing Exchange Sys Manager on Win2k Pro
Hi Everyone, I cannot get the Excahnge 2k Sys Manager installed on Win2k Pro. I have installed the AdminPak.msi. I receive the following messages in the Exchange log: regsvr32.exe -s imapadm.dll failed, returning error code 5 (Access is denied.). ScCreateProcess (K:\admin\src\libs\exsetup\hiddenw1.cxx:1763) Error code 0XC103798A (31114): An internal component has failed. [10:29:04] CInsParser::ScProcessLine (K:\admin\src\libs\exsetup\hiddenw1.cxx:1226) Error code 0XC103798A (31114): An internal component has failed. [10:29:04] Processing file 'd:\setup\i386\...

RSUpdateRegestry failed
Can anyone give me an idea how I can fix the follwing error when trying to install CRM 3.0 on Small Businees server. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no luck. The error I get is: RSupdateRegistryAction failed Index was outside the bounds of the array. ANy help will be greatly appreciated. Take a look at our summarized document on installing MS CRM on SBS over on Handy Andy's website. http://www.sbs-rocks.com/CRM/CRMsbeInstall.htm Also he is working on a troubleshooting guide which is a Work in Process at http://www.sbs-rocks.com/CRM/TroubleshootingCRMinstall.htm -- ...

gain / loss in transferred shares
Hi, I'm using Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe v. 17.0. I've transferred shares out of one Portfolio account to another, to reflect an IRA rollover. The original account shows a gain, while the shares transferred show a loss (though they've actually gained). I used the transfer out, transfer in option. No price was specified in the transfer, just number of shares. Can anyone tell me how to correct this? Thanks............ Transfer In/Out will not show a price since you transferred share and price was irrelevant. As to the gains/losses reporting before a...

Proj 2007 install with SharePoint Services 3.0 ?
Can someone clear up the install of Project 2007 and SharePoint Server vs. Windows SharePoint Services? I know that WSS 3.0 comes with the project install disk, do I still need to install SharePoint Server also? I have read as it seems conflicting info one place states install SharePoint first before Project and another states after. Thanks, Norm On Mar 9, 1:42=A0pm, nkbrgs <nkb...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can someone clear up the install of Project 2007 and SharePoint Server vs= .. > Windows SharePoint Services? I know that WSS 3.0 comes with the project...