Determining the Integer associated with a String

Can anyone point me to a source to get the Integer to String relationship in
GP 9.0?
Today I'm looking for RMA status.

Thanks,
Carolyn
0
cbushnell (6)

Thanks but nevermind, I found it in additional field information.

"cbushnell" wrote:

> Can anyone point me to a source to get the Integer to String relationship in
> GP 9.0?
> Today I'm looking for RMA status.
>
> Thanks,
> Carolyn
0
cbushnell (6)

determine mail flow problem!!!!!!!!
Help! :-( Our mailflow from 2 backend 2003 exchange servers keeps queuing up in the outbound queue (which is set to always run delivery). Messages stay in there from 10 to 120 minutes before being sent to our gateway MTA and then sent off site (to hotmail.com for example). However when I telnet from a backend server to the gateway over port 25 and send a test message it goes right away. I can't for the life of me figure out why. One example when viewed in message tracking history says: 10:16am - smtp: store driver, message submitted from store 10:16am - smtp: message submitted to ...

Using fields within string functions?
First, let me explain what I am trying to do. I have a field, a1:a1000, of email address usernames (e.g. the par before the "@" symbol). I have another field, b1:b100, which is lis of profanities, racial slurs, and all other kinds of bad words. What need to do is flag each username that contains any of the bad words. The flags can be placed in column C or whatever. The SEARCH function works great if I'm only comparing two cells. But I need to compare one cell with a field of cells. COUNTIF will compare one cell to a field of cells, but it has to be a exact match. It will ...

Determine columns used
I have 100+ spreadsheets which i have to edit into a certain format. The spreadsheets currently have 100 columns (from 1-100). From there i have to reduce the number of columns set to 8 columns. E.g: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 (from column 9 onwards, it goes to the 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 next rows' column 1) 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 How do i do that without altering the order of the value of the cell? Let me make sure we understand the question. You have ...

Array to String
I am trying to capture a single field from multiple rows and concantenate them into a delimited string. Dim dbs As dao.Database Dim rst As dao.Recordset Dim varArray As Variant Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("SELECT * FROM tblPhotoNames ORDER BY PhotoName") varArray = rstRSet.GetRows(10000) 'I would like to write this array to a delimited string. rst.Close Set rst = Nothing dbs.Close Set dbs = Nothing Thanks. hi, On 01.04.2010 15:35, vek wrote: > I am trying to capture a single field from multiple rows and concantenate > them in...

Propercase, strings and arrays
Hi, I need to write some script that allows me to evaluate a cell values first 2 characters for "MC". If found Uppercase the 3rd Character. This way I can use it and adapt it for any naming anomoly. eg "MCCARTHY" - "McCarthy" My thoughts were to put each character of the value and evaluate the first character then the second. When a match is found re-write the value out of the array in the correct casing format. Cheers -- Paul Wilson try this instead if ucase(Range("A1")) = "MCCARTHY" then Range("A1") ...

Is there any limit for the size of std:string???
Hi, I made some code that compresses video data. And It lookes OK if I compress data very much (few bytes) and not so well if data is not compressed at all (many bytes). I have there a lot of variables but I think there is something about std:string. Is there any limit for the size of std:string??? Your question vary vague, but the answer to the question "Is there any limit for the size of std:string?" is (as far as I know) computer memory. My concern is that std:string is not a very good medium for holding video data, since a 0 will terminate the string! And I am pretty sure th...

Dynamically determining when a month ends
Hello all, Ok, I have a simple excel spreadsheet, where I keep track of my spending on one tab, my income in another and my summary in a thrid. My problem happens when I try to dynamically calc. avg's for months in the summary page. For instance, if I want to see how much money I spent on average per month, or even per day, I draw from the data entered into the spending page. Now, the spending page is set up with the following columns: Date:: Description:: Amount The problem with this is that I can't predefine a max row # for each month, since I might have 80 entries in spending...

how to determine the size of the sheet
Hi I had a collegue who told me once a way to dtermine the number of the rows in a sheet of the workbook I am working at. It is known that when you open a new workbook each sheet has maybe 65365 or something like that rows. MY QUESTION IS: HOW TO MAKE THE SHEET 1000 ROWS OR WHATEVER NUMBERS OF ROWS I ONLY NEED? Thanks in Advance, Ahmed Hi Ahmed The number of rows and columns are fixed. Your workaround would be to hide the ones you consider unneeded. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Ahmed SHEBL" <ahmad.shebl@hotmail.com> skrev i melding news:%231uFO3IcHHA.4720@TK2MSFTNGP0...

How do I determine
I have X number of rows that show employee names and a column (A2) that lists the value of products sold by each employee and I want to pay them a percentage based upon value of sales. For example: If they sell up to =A31,000 worth of products, I will pay them 3% of the value. Between =A31,000 & =A32,000, I will pay them 5% of the value Over =A32,000, I will pay them 10% of the value The amount paid to them in commission will be show in column (A3). Many thanks D.Haste darren.haste@ttt.co.uk "Hastey" <darrenhaste@sky.com> wrote in message news:6a0a4fa9-adcd-484a-80...

Transform XML string using XSL file (v1.1)
Having fits transforming an XML string using an XSL file. In the 1.1 version of the framework, I see that the XmlResolver is heavily used in the XslTransform class. However, that looks like I am only supposed to use that only when you have an xml ~file~... not an XML string (my XML is coming from a database field). Is there a cut & dry example out there on how to transform a simple XML string using XSL? -AC I believe that you can use Nothing for the XMLResolver parameter in VB.Net or null in C# if you so choose, thereby not enforcing the Security enhancements. ms-help://MS.MSDNQTR.20...

Custom customer fields- Increse the size of the integer field
Hey- HOw come the number fields in the customer fields only go up to 10 integers??? Is there a way to increase the integer field for the numbers? -- Let go, Elevate your life Brent Hauver www.sagehealthstore.com ...

How do you determine if you have access to remote files
I'm trying to scan a list of servers for a specific file (say for example \\<servername>\C$\MyApp\Test.ini\which may exist on some servers but not on others. In addition, I may not have have access to all servers that I'm checking. When using any commands in Powershell (1.0) that attempt to get the file (such as Get-Item) PowerShell returns the same "Cannot find path '<filename>' because it does not exist.)" error message in the following two scenarions: 1. I have access to the remote filesystem and the file does not exist (expected beha...

? Define Constant Name Strings to Integer Values
Hi, I'm looking for a way to convert a defined constant from its name to its value. For example I need a way to take the input string "VK_ESCAPE" and derive its integer value 0x1b. Most scripting languages do this through the eval function, but I cannot figure out a way to accomplish this with VC++. (I'm writing a dialog app, and I need a way to allow the user to pass key names on the command line without reinventing an entire key-map.) Any ideas? Thanks. -- Alec S. news/alec->synetech/cjb/net There may be a trickier way, but I would just build a switch statement...

String tables...
Hi, I have lots of #define values used in my project. I have put them all in a separate file called definitions.h and this file is available for all the files in the project. Can I remove this file and and use the string table instead? Pls advise. Thanks, Shirley If I understand the question, then yes. In fact, the recommended way would be to create a string table resource for your application. You then use LoadString to load one of the strings. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com "Shirley" <shirley2972@yahoo.com> wrote in message ne...

VB Assigning Values to a Series of Strings
Hello, In the VB Editor, I need to assign each letter of a 13 character string (named JobScope) to individual Variables (K1 through K13). I'm using a For/Next Loop to extract the indiv characters but cannot figure out how to define the Variable K(x) where x = 1 to 13. Any suggestions? -- Regards... cincode5, Try making K an array with 14 elements (VBA numbers the first element as 0) Then you can use the method you're trying at the moment. For X = 1 To 13 K(X) = etc. ~ ~ Next X The only other change you'll have to make is how you address the variables elsewhere. E.g, K5 w...

Determining A Rating
Hello, Suppose I have the following table: A B C 1 3 <3.80 2 3- 3.80 3.99 3 4+ 4.00 4.19 4 4 4.20 4.79 5 4- 4.80 4.99 6 5+ 5.00 5.19 7 5 5.20 5.79 8 5- 5.80 5.99 9 6+ 6.00 6.19 10 6 6.20 6.79 11 6- 6.80 6.99 12 7 7.50 7.99 13 8 8.50 8.99 14 15 4.91 16 4- Where A is a rating/score B is the low value range C is the high value range If I have a value in A15 of 4.91 (which is in the range of 4.80 and 4.99), I would like to return a rating in A16 of 4-. I've tried using a series of IF statements, ...

How do I change the record an email has been associated (Tracked)
Is there a way to change the Case record (or any for that matter) an email that has been Tracked to in error to another case? I thought I succesffuly deleted the email from the Case record and then inside Outlook opened the same email and then click the REGARDING Button to track it to the correct Case Record, but now I can no longer seem to do this. The regarding button still show the name of the incorrect case and when i open the case, the email is no longer part of the history of the case. When I click VIEW IN CRM in the email, I get an error. You can select the email from the main O...

How do I determine the size of an excel worksheet?
How do I determine the size of an individual worksheet in an Office Excel 2003 file? The Properties featue only tells me the size of the whole file. Hi not directly supported by Excel. One workaround: Export this sheet to a separate workbook (with only this sheet) and measure its size -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "rajivsahib" <rajivsahib@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7031AE58-EB7A-44CD-9AF5-940BD47DAA8B@microsoft.com... > How do I determine the size of an individual worksheet in an Office Excel > 2003 file? The Properties featue o...

Replace null string with blank cell
I have a large table which was created via lookups from other tables. Many of the entries are (or should be) blank. After the table was created, I converted everything to values (Paste Special/Values) in order to save memory. However, the table now contains a null string or other unprintable character in each of the "blank" cells. Thus, if I use END-DN or END-UP to find the next value in the table, the cursor goes to the end of the table, as it sees something in each cell. If I edit a "Blank" cell, I see no characters, and if I select the formula bar & hit ENTER, ...

Determine if a sheet is protected?
How can I determine if a sheet is protected or not? thank u Try activesheet.protectcontents HTH Bob "Robert Crandal" <nobody@gmail.com> wrote in message news:h865n.9557$Ft3.8620@newsfe04.iad... > How can I determine if a sheet is protected or not? > > thank u > > Sub test() MsgBox ActiveSheet.ProtectionMode 'returns true or false End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 16:28:18 -0700, "Robert Crandal" <nobody@gmail.com> wrote: >How can I determine if a sheet is protected o...

How to find a string in a binary file?
Hi there! I have a binary file and I want to search for a certain string, for example "READ_FROM_HERE". After finding this I want to read on from this position. Is there a way to find it? thanks in advance ;) Florian Open the file in binary. Read it until you see the string. Remember, however, that if you have buffer boundaries you would have to deal with the situation READ_FRO|M_HERE where | is a buffer boundary. A simpler method is to use a memory-mapped file, and so something like strstr. Either it finds the string or it fails because of a NUL being found, so you advance past t...

Imports contacts associated with accounts
Hello, I have just imported a list of account in CRM (using the crm's import). I would like to now import the contacts associated on these accounts. Out I bind them well with "customer relative" by specifying well the type of entity relationship (accounts) but the manager of importation returns me only failures and no contact is created with the final one. How can I import contacts who can be associated with the accounts I have created before ? Thank you for your assistance ans sorry for my bad english... ...

Determining OS?
Is there a method to determine the operating system (98, XP, ME, etc) that a program is running under? Thanks, -- Knute Johnson email s/nospam/knute/ Molon labe... >Is there a method to determine the operating system (98, XP, ME, etc) >that a program is running under? See the GetVersionEx API. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq David Lowndes wrote: >>Is there a method to determine the operating system (98, XP, ME, etc) >>that a program is running under? > > > See the GetVersionEx API. > > Dave Thanks. -- Knute Johnson email s/n...

how to permanently associate category (Money 2002)
Is there any way to permanently assign a category to a particular payee? I.E. a grocery store that appears several times in my account that I don't want to have to assign the category every time. Not really, but setting up recurring payments in Bills and Deposits sort of achieves this. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server http://exchange.mvps.org "boulderoo" <boulderoo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0e0001c4af08$dfdf2980$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to permanently assign a category to a > particular payee? I.E. a g...

Other field Determination
Imagine this situation...there are: Owners (tblOwners) Pets (tblPets, child records of tblOwners) Medicines (tblMeds, child records of tblPets) Owners can have multiple pets. Pets have multiple medicines. Easy so far. Here's the tricky part. The Pets can be of different species (cat, dog, bird, snake, etc). Depending on what the species is, I want to determine the other data that needs to be stored for the pet. So instead of just height, weight, age, as fields in the pet table, I want to see number of whiskers, declawed? if its a cat...wingspan, beaklength, feather color if its a bi...