Depreciation/Fixed Asset

Is it at all possible to setup a asset with the following depreciation rates
for tax purposes:

Year 1 : 40%
Year 2 : 20%
Year 3 : 20%
Year 4 : 20%

I've tried looking at all the relevant 'out the box' depreciation
calculations, but nothing seems that it would be able to do this,

Any help is appreciated
0
Mathys (5)

What tax depreciation method are you trying to replicate?

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
fhamelly1 (1404)
8/19/2009 4:28:46 PM
Hi Frank,

In South Africa we have accelerated depreciation allowance on manufacturing
assets, which allows for 40% in year 1, 20% per annum thereafter over the
remainign 3 years,

Regards,
Mathys

"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:

> What tax depreciation method are you trying to replicate?
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
> blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Mathys (5)

100% of all problems fixed!
After 3 months of a hellish conversion and install, changing to Quicken 2005 I finally decided to do a clean install and NOT convert and old M04 files. To my amazement, not really, everything on this software now works wonderfully. I can synch with 3 different banks with 8 accounts between them. I can synch with 10 credit card and debit card accounts. Everything runs more quickly than 2004 did which is a real shock as with before I could go make a Late' while the software was thinking what is was supposed to be doing. M04 worked ok until MS did an "upgrade" on their M...

how to fix "Check Catalog Msg 3851" error
I've got two sql server 2005 systems (production & development) nightly, I backup my production databases and do a test restore on my development server as part of the test restore, today I added this statement DBCC CheckDB (testmaster) WITH No_Infomsgs, All_ErrorMsgs testmaster on my development server is the 'master' database on the production server the statement gave me this output Msg 8992, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Check Catalog Msg 3851, State 1: An invalid row (class=60,depid=1,depsubid=0) was found in the system table sys.syssingleobjrefs (class=60)....

fixing problem with my tab
When I use the Tab key I cannot tab over to the next cell, it will tab over to column K. How do I fix it to tab over to the next cell after I entered text like it used to. Tools>options>transition and uncheck transition navigation keys -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Zane" <Zane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FFDD6ED3-5635-4F1D-B202-0796C2EE4D2B@microsoft.com... > When I use the Tab key I cannot tab over to the next cell, it will tab > over > to column K. How do I fix it to tab over to the next cell after I entered...

How to get proper asset allocations
It seems that money is not capable of providing accurate asset allocations for mutual fund portfolios. OK.. I can accept that. Now, is their a way to easily export the info to a website that may do that for me? like morningstar, or msn.com? Also, is it safe to do that? Thanks "Dave" <PAVEWAVE@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message news:1142014822.718848.245280@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > > It seems that money is not capable of providing accurate asset > allocations for mutual fund portfolios. OK.. I can accept that. Now, is > their a way to easily export the info ...

Depreciation Formula
I don't expect to get any bites on this one, but, "Hey, it's Friday -- it could happen!" Just got this one dropped on my lap -- we have a spreadsheet with items that we depreciate -- this spreadsheep has been touched/maniulated by many over the years (I just gained access to it, since it's not doing what the Finance folks would like it to do). Here's what it does ... Col H has a description of the item Col J has In Service Date Col L has the Life of the item (ie, 60 mos, 120 mos) Col M has the Original Cost of the item Col N figures the Monthly Depreciation (=M2...

Fix the order of the last name and first name
How do I fix the order of the names, when the last name is first and the first name is second, separated by a comma. Hi! What order do you want them in? Biff >-----Original Message----- >How do I fix the order of the names, when the last name is first and the >first name is second, separated by a comma. >. > Hi try =TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(",",A1)+1,255)) & " " & TRIM(LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1)-1)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Zami wrote: > How do I fix the order of the names, when the last name is first and > the first na...

How to fix the filter of a report
I have a modified or "CUSTOM" report that when I select just one item, it displays all items. Where in the report can I troubleshoot this problem and fix that when I enter just one itme, it print just one item. ...

how to get a fixed window with caption?
hi! which is the best way to get a window (dialog box) with captionbar but no posibility for the user to move the window? thanks philipp Try overriding the WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGING message to prevent the move before it happens. >-----Original Message----- >hi! > >which is the best way to get a window (dialog box) with captionbar but no >posibility for the user to move the window? > >thanks philipp > > >. > ...

Depreciations
We are having a problem with the fixed asset depreciation on some assets. The auditors have found that the depreciation on these assets is calculating a larger amount than expected. The items involved all are Buildings and they are have an acquisition date that precedes our implementing the system. They were loaded into the system on 7/7/2000. How can we fix this? Not enough info Andrea to advise a fix. If you can give us all the particulars of the asset, the depreciation settings, current depreciation amounts, etc., maybe we can help. The more detail the better. Frank Hamelly MCP...

Fixed Asset tutorial
Hello, besides the documentation that comes with GP and the MOC 8511a info, is there any tutorials on Fixed Asset Setup and Usage? Blogs? Anything? I swear...I think MS could complicate a paperclip... G Try here: http://msdynamicsgp.blogspot.com/search?q=3Dfixed+assets It's really not that complicated. Where are you stuck? Mark On Mar 31, 6:04=A0pm, GiJeet <gij...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hello, besides the documentation that comes with GP and the MOC 8511a > info, is there any tutorials on Fixed Asset Setup and Usage? Blogs? > Anything? > > I swea...

MACRS Depreciation
For companies that have assets with MACRS depreciation methods, does anybody know the averaging convention that you would combine with one of the double declining methods to make the schedule work? -- Charles Allen, MVP Charles: I've always used Half Year convention to simulate MACRS in GP. It works. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com That's what I've done as well. Works fine. Mark On Sep 11, 12:05=A0pm, "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" <fhame...@eastcoast-dynamics.com> wrote: > Charles: > > I've a...

Depreciation
I am not too familiar with Great Plains. One of my clients told me that when he closes out book depreciation for the year, he must also close out tax depreciation. Is this true? If not, how does it work? I have used several other systems (especially macola) and you can close one book without closing the other. Thanks. You do not have to close all books at the same time. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Neo" wrote: > I am not too familiar with Great Plains. One of my clients told me that when > he closes out book depreciation for the year, he must also close out tax &g...

Asset accounts for cars and depreciation question
I have an asset account for my car so I can weigh it against money I borrowed to finance it. Over time the car will, of course, depreciate and I was wondering how others are accounting for this. Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Richard Annual adjustments in value to reflect www.nadaguides.com, entered as an expense categorized as transportation. You can categorize it however you choose. I believe GAAP requires not revising the actual asset account, but creating a contra-asset account and expensing that. Management reports then include both asset and contra-asset, which ...

How to fix a messed up balance?
Is there a way to redo or recreate your checking account balance in money? Mine seems to be messed up after balancing (stated in a previous message on here) ...

Help Needed Fixing Code !!!!!!!!!!
I need someone to take a look at this code for me and telling me what I am doing wrong. What I am trying to do is delete any row where this condition is true: c.Offset(0, 2) <> "Completed" And c.Offset(0, 3) <> "Completed" And _ c.Offset(0, 4) <> "Completed" And c.Offset(0, 5) <> "Completed" In other words, if the values in these cells are anything but complete, delete the entire row. For Each c In Worksheets("Ready for DDS").Range("B2:B" & SL_lRow).Cells If c.Offset(0, 2) &l...

Fixed length string of text
Hello, I am trying to create strings of text by combining cells using CONCATENATE. I need to have each string of text to be the same length. Below are some examples of the text strings: A1= 0000001 B1=123456789 C1= Doe D1= John A2=0000002 B2=987654321 C2=Smith D2=John In need the lines to look like this: 0000001123456789Doe John 0000002987654321Smith John This is what they look like when I use CONCATENATE: 0000001123456789DoeJohn 0000002987654321SmithJohn Is there anyway to get these strings of text to look like this without manually adding the sp...

what is straight line depreciation and double line depreciation?
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depreciation In article <928DC52C-D390-45C6-9847-693648A1A5DA@microsoft.com>, MISSY <MISSY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: "JE McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote in message news:jemcgimpsey-F62312.22355624092007@msnews.microsoft.com... > See > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depreciation > Quite a good article for wikipedia, but it misses one very important point. The original purpose of charging depreciation to the P&L was to build up a reserve in order to replace the asset when it became obsol...

Inventory Depreciation
Hello, GP8.0 / SQL2000. We 'depreciate' inventory that has been dead stock for 2 years or more as a summary on the G/L. I would like to adjust the inventory value of each of those affected items in our inventory subledger. We are using moving average cost. What is the best way to accomplish that? Are there any built in tools, or do I need to write my own queries? I can easily prepare the list of dead stock items and their current cost. Is it a simple matter of applying a percentage reduction to each of these items in the IV00101 table? Or, is there more to it than that?...

Depreciation Spreadsheet
Hi I'm having a little trouble calculating some formulas in my depreciation budget worksheet. What I need to be able to calculate is when an asset is only depreciated for the first 4 months of a year and ending its useful life as an asset. What is happening now is that our Accounting program gives us the planned depreciation for the upcoming year but not the remaining months so this planned depreciatin could be for 12 months or 4 months. Then we have come along and applied 12 to this to get monthly depreciation and used formulas to put it into months etc. The total f...

Depreciate new year transactins
Is it possible to calculate January ‘09 depreciation without closing the fixed asset module for 2008? Any issues with this? Sara, I don't believe GP will let you do this. You must close 2008 first. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: www.victoriayudin.com "Sara" <Sara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BED82D4-F4BD-4BBA-972D-942A9F0C7419@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to calculate January ‘09 depreciation without closing the > fixed asset module for 2008...

Leasing Assets 01-11-10
Hi, How can I manage leased assets in GP 10, my customer working as a leasing company (heavy equipments) he needs to manage the assets rental payment that he received from the customer and also run the assets depreciation in monthly basis, after the leasing period has been finished he can sell it or lease it again to other customers? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Have you looked at the Field Service module or the Equipment Series (?) from Wenn Soft? "Peter" wrote: > Hi, > How can I manage leased assets in GP 10, my customer working as a leasing ...

Fix PC Freeze & Crash. Speedup Your PC Performance in 2minutes
I have already spent over $300 on my one year old PC in repairs. But now I do not need the technician because I found a few tips that can keep my pc running at top performance levels always. I learned a lot from http://www.fixpcfreeze.com I save money and pc down time. I am an expert in most pc problems and can solve them myself. How to screw win with one easy download "Ramani Davidson" <ramani3840@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2200371c-1eb9-4178-9520-1bcb2ad46e41@h20g2000prn.googlegroups.com... > I have already spent over $300 on my one year old PC in repair...

Fixed Work
Using MSP 2007 I was added to a project that is in the proposal stage and took over an existing schedule. The original scheduler had it as fixed units, and did a preliminary resource loading. Now the estimates have changed and I need to adjust the hours. I want it to be fixed work and let the duration calculate based on amount of work. I did change all the task types to fixed work and then started adjusting the hours. My question, (I may not even have to worry about it, but it is bugging me) is when I adjust the hours on a resource using the gant chart view, split win...

Fixed Asset Retirement
The fixed asset has been fully depreciated through the end of the month. It now has an NBV of 0, and the flag for fully depreciated is Y. When I then try to retire it on the last day of the month, I expect my result will be a debit to the accumulated depreciation account, and a credit to the fixed asset account. However, what actually happens is that the depreciation for the final month reverses, and the retirement appears to have occured in the prior month. Do I have something set up wrong? ------=_NextPart_0001_2065BA07 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Li...

fixed form size
I have created a Form with Various Sub forms. One of my Subforms is an Item form where Multiple Items can be bought. I have designed the page so when 9 items are captured it is just exactly the right size and all my other subforms are placed specifically in the correct position for this. My problem is this. I need the form (When printed To look exactly the same everytime, But Now it doesn;t. When I have less tha 9 items on the Order it automatically shrinks that Specific Subform smaller messing up the position of all the rest. It still shows me what I need to see but now my lines are n...