Depreciation Expense Calc

We have a set of assets set up at 150%DB using the mid-quarter convention.
Great Plains 8.0 calculated depreciation for 2 full months rather than 1.5 as
it should have.  Is that a 'known' problem with a fix available?  The
beginning depreciation date of 11/17 and ending 1/2 correctly corresponds
with our fiscal calendar.
0
Jbird (2)

Trade income and losses in Monthly Income and Expenses
Is there any way I can get the "Monthly Income and Expenses" report show the income (and loss) I make trading stocks? I just customized one to include all categories and accounts. I see an Inflows Investment Income Capital Gains row. In some months the total is negative. (I hate it when that happens.) I conclude the answer is yes. But I haven't validated that the numbers are correct. Given the number of problems I've found in reports in the last day or two, I'd bet Microsoft hasn't ever validated any of them either. "jerrydy" <jerrydy@discussions....

Depreciation Formula
I don't expect to get any bites on this one, but, "Hey, it's Friday -- it could happen!" Just got this one dropped on my lap -- we have a spreadsheet with items that we depreciate -- this spreadsheep has been touched/maniulated by many over the years (I just gained access to it, since it's not doing what the Finance folks would like it to do). Here's what it does ... Col H has a description of the item Col J has In Service Date Col L has the Life of the item (ie, 60 mos, 120 mos) Col M has the Original Cost of the item Col N figures the Monthly Depreciation (=M2...

Depreciations
We are having a problem with the fixed asset depreciation on some assets. The auditors have found that the depreciation on these assets is calculating a larger amount than expected. The items involved all are Buildings and they are have an acquisition date that precedes our implementing the system. They were loaded into the system on 7/7/2000. How can we fix this? Not enough info Andrea to advise a fix. If you can give us all the particulars of the asset, the depreciation settings, current depreciation amounts, etc., maybe we can help. The more detail the better. Frank Hamelly MCP...

MACRS Depreciation
For companies that have assets with MACRS depreciation methods, does anybody know the averaging convention that you would combine with one of the double declining methods to make the schedule work? -- Charles Allen, MVP Charles: I've always used Half Year convention to simulate MACRS in GP. It works. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com That's what I've done as well. Works fine. Mark On Sep 11, 12:05=A0pm, "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" <fhame...@eastcoast-dynamics.com> wrote: > Charles: > > I've a...

Simply record expenses in Money 2004
I would like to record my expenses daily, and have Money 2004 calculate the total I spent for the month. My expenses are different every month, and occur a different number of instances each month, so making a budget won't work for me. I won't know what my expenses are, until after I've paid them. I would simply like to record each expense as it happens, and then have Money add up all expenses for each category, as a running total for each category. I've tried doing this by creating a Budget within Money, but I'm forced to choose recurring time periods for when the expen...

Depreciation
I am not too familiar with Great Plains. One of my clients told me that when he closes out book depreciation for the year, he must also close out tax depreciation. Is this true? If not, how does it work? I have used several other systems (especially macola) and you can close one book without closing the other. Thanks. You do not have to close all books at the same time. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Neo" wrote: > I am not too familiar with Great Plains. One of my clients told me that when > he closes out book depreciation for the year, he must also close out tax &g...

Asset accounts for cars and depreciation question
I have an asset account for my car so I can weigh it against money I borrowed to finance it. Over time the car will, of course, depreciate and I was wondering how others are accounting for this. Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Richard Annual adjustments in value to reflect www.nadaguides.com, entered as an expense categorized as transportation. You can categorize it however you choose. I believe GAAP requires not revising the actual asset account, but creating a contra-asset account and expensing that. Management reports then include both asset and contra-asset, which ...

what is straight line depreciation and double line depreciation?
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depreciation In article <928DC52C-D390-45C6-9847-693648A1A5DA@microsoft.com>, MISSY <MISSY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: "JE McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote in message news:jemcgimpsey-F62312.22355624092007@msnews.microsoft.com... > See > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depreciation > Quite a good article for wikipedia, but it misses one very important point. The original purpose of charging depreciation to the P&L was to build up a reserve in order to replace the asset when it became obsol...

Superuser needs to see all time sheets as well as expenses
I have a Sr. person in Accounting that requires to viewEmpoloyees timesheets in TE. Including when they were submittted and the status. Can anyone provide light on how best to get the details. I suspect i should use Crysatl for this report on a weekly basis, just dont know where to start or what to enter in to get this report. ...

expense deferrals
Is this anyway to modify the financial deferral posting process to just post the deferral for the current month? Have client that does not like the fact that they are posting to all the future periods. Thanks, John Born Absolutely. Go to Tools >> Setup >> Financial >> Deferral. Click No for Automatically Post into Closed Future GL Periods. -- Charles Allen, MVP "johnb" wrote: > Is this anyway to modify the financial deferral posting process to just post > the deferral for the current month? Have client that does not like the fact > that...

Moneys Calc
Hello I posted a question last weekend with several replies on the differences of MS Money's calcs compared to another loan software. The replies were very helpful but I did not really get the bottom of what was going on. (or maybe I could not understand the replies) In any case I sat down tonight and did some manual mathematical analysis on the scenarios and I have narrowed it to this. I would again appreciate all comments and replies. If I set up a loan in MS Money and let Money calculate the payment amount then it produces an amortization schedule which agrees with what is normally...

Depreciate new year transactins
Is it possible to calculate January ‘09 depreciation without closing the fixed asset module for 2008? Any issues with this? Sara, I don't believe GP will let you do this. You must close 2008 first. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: www.victoriayudin.com "Sara" <Sara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BED82D4-F4BD-4BBA-972D-942A9F0C7419@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to calculate January ‘09 depreciation without closing the > fixed asset module for 2008...

Depreciation Spreadsheet
Hi I'm having a little trouble calculating some formulas in my depreciation budget worksheet. What I need to be able to calculate is when an asset is only depreciated for the first 4 months of a year and ending its useful life as an asset. What is happening now is that our Accounting program gives us the planned depreciation for the upcoming year but not the remaining months so this planned depreciatin could be for 12 months or 4 months. Then we have come along and applied 12 to this to get monthly depreciation and used formulas to put it into months etc. The total f...

Inventory Depreciation
Hello, GP8.0 / SQL2000. We 'depreciate' inventory that has been dead stock for 2 years or more as a summary on the G/L. I would like to adjust the inventory value of each of those affected items in our inventory subledger. We are using moving average cost. What is the best way to accomplish that? Are there any built in tools, or do I need to write my own queries? I can easily prepare the list of dead stock items and their current cost. Is it a simple matter of applying a percentage reduction to each of these items in the IV00101 table? Or, is there more to it than that?...

2003 not listing expenses
2003 lists bill, etc in the separate categories, but show 0$ when I look at total expenses. I have listed my payments as bills. How do I get them to appear under expenses? How about you giving us some clue where in the application you are seeing all this? Your language is incredibly imprecise and non-specific and this makes it very difficult to help you. "lists bills, etc., in the separate categories" This is some report? Register view? Bills and Deposits? Budget Planner??? "listed my payments as bills" This is in Bills and Deposits? Register transaction entries? Wh...

Income and expenses
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002D_01C58E40.B9E34E60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm fairly new to MS Money. Current I just use it to track my savings = accounts. I would like MSMoney to work out my position regarding income and = expenses for something completely separate. How should I go about this? = Should I setup a new file? New categories? At the moment, I'm using a = spreadsheet. I hope that you can advise me. Thanks in advance. Julia ------=_NextPart_000_002D_...

change depreciation
For a particular month, I would like an asset to depreciate by $250 instead of the usual $100. How can I do this? After this month, I would like the depreciation to continue back with the usual value. ...

Fixed Assets Depreciation on a Financial Year Ending on 2006/06/26
I am having trouble around the last months depreication of Fixed Assets because the Financial year ends on the 26th of June. Fixed assets does not see this even though the build calandar shows this. Can anyone advise? Thanks -- Parity Software www.parity.co.za ...

Auto Depreciation
How do you track an automobiles depreciating value without classifying it as an expense. Thanks in advance. Money 2003 Deluxe. ...

Payroll Paycode Need Business Expense Piecework Unit/Rate Based
Great Plains Payroll - Version 8.00g44 - This issue is not fixed in 9.0 either. Refer Support Incident # 8362931 if need be If pay type is not a Business expense (Tools > Setup > Payroll > Paycode), and even if the Subject to taxes boxes are unchecked, the taxes are still calculated on these particular paycodes. So, for example, a pay code type of “Piecework” can never be considered as a business expense. According to the present system, a true business expense has to have a Pay-code with a pay-type of Business Expense. The problem with using Business Expense as a Pay-type is ...

Calcs & Data Validation
Looking for an easy way to complet the following. I imagine their must be a quick & easy method. Cell A5 has a drop down list which corresponds to a range on another worksheet. It has 300+ entries. In cell B5 i will enter a number/qty. What i would like is that as each of the items in the list has a corresponding cost (on other worksheet), i would like to know an easy way to calculate the cost (in C5) based upon the qty entered (B5) & the cost of the item selected. I have done it before with 'IF' function for a small selection, but figure there must be an easier...

Depreciation/Fixed Asset
Is it at all possible to setup a asset with the following depreciation rates for tax purposes: Year 1 : 40% Year 2 : 20% Year 3 : 20% Year 4 : 20% I've tried looking at all the relevant 'out the box' depreciation calculations, but nothing seems that it would be able to do this, Any help is appreciated What tax depreciation method are you trying to replicate? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Hi Frank, In South Africa we have accelerated depreciation allowance on manufacturing assets, which allo...

Fixed Asset Special 50% Depreciation 2008
Can anyone tell me why the 50% Special depreciation for 2008 is not calculating? ...

Property Depreciation
Is there no way to depreciate property used for business in the 2005 Money for Small Business version? It sure doesn't seem like it; not only does the program not include IRS form 4562, line 13 of Schedule C is also not available to associate with expense categories. How Microsoft can claim this software to be a "business" edition, while it is lacking these fundamental capabilities, is amazing. I don't know a single sole proprietor whom doesn't depreciate property every year (computer equipment etc). Someone, please tell me I am wrong and that I just don't kn...

GP calculates new depreciation on a fully depreciated asset
We performed a mass change on a class of assets to change the Class ID and GL account number. After the mass change completed, we ran depreciation for the month, and some of the assets that were included in the mass change that were fully depreciated now show an amount in the Current Depreciation field (flagged as Y for Fully Depreciated and NBV shows as $0). A depreciation amount was also sent to the GL as part of the depreciation batch. We tried this in our TEST environment successfully. Does anyone know how this could have happened - that GP calculated and assigned a depre...