Depreciate new year transactins

Is it possible to calculate January ‘09 depreciation without closing the
fixed asset module for 2008? Any issues with this?
0
Sara (50)

Sara,

I don't believe GP will let you do this.  You must close 2008 first.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Sara" <Sara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to calculate January ‘09 depreciation without closing the
> fixed asset module for 2008? Any issues with this?

0
victoria (3339)

Add a "From" listbox to new message in Outlook '03 like OExpress h
Hi. I'm trying to make Outlook 2003 work and look like Outlook Express for someone who hates change and went from XP to Windows 7. I've clicked on "New Mail Message" then Tools > Forms > Design This Form. From this point I've tried all kinds of ways to add a listbox above the "To..." button, but can never get it to populate with the various email accounts that are already setup in Outlook. Any instructions in layman's terms would be appreciated...I'm a newbie. Thanks so much. "misc" <misc@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Moving Office 2004 to new machine
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I currently have Office 2004 installed and working fine on a PowerBook G4. I am getting a new Mac. Can I simply install Office 2004 from my original Disks onto the new machine? Thus giving me two machines running Office 2004. Regards On 5/7/08 12:11 PM, in article 59b4d0d6.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "TerryR@officeformac.com" <TerryR@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2004 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Power PC > > I currently have Office 2004 installed...

New user mailbox, move contents from old to new
I have a user who got married but I have not seen answers in the news group that match our senerio. I created a new Windows User ID for her (old one was based off the old name) and a new mailbox. Now I want to move the contents of the old box to the new one. For a few weeks I want the old address to work but forward mail to the new box until she can notify people of the change. Then I will delete the old mailbox. Any help appreciated. I would have suggested just a rename of the account (right click in ADUC, rename). However in the approach you have taken dump the contents of the ...

SBS 2008 new install and Cals
Contemplating installing a new server for a Care Homes organisation. They want email and some file sharing. SBS 2008 seems the way to go but need to clarify the Cals situation. There will be 4 local users and 15 remote homes (using owa). Is that 19 user cals? Sorry to be thick but quite new to all this TIA Geoff ...

Help to create and Insert New Target Date record in Subform
I am a newbie to programming in MSAccess. (I'm using Access2007). I have a mainform (ContentAreas) and a subform (UpdateDates). I also have a database table (DateSchedule). The Mainform contains a field: UpdateFrequency The Subform contains two fields: TargetDate and ActualDate The DateSchedule table is a list of dates and a "Usable" Yes/No field (to tell me if that date is a valid date for use) What I would like to do is when I update the "ActualDate" in the subform, I would like to calculate the next "TargetDate" by adding the "Update...

Create new field
Access 2007 - I have to label each claim with a claimtype based on a combination of fields and I'm not sure how to do this. In AS400 query, I used conditional calculations, but would really prefer to find a solution that is easier to update and manage. Hopefully, the table below gives an idea of the combination of fields that I am working with. Each claim has all of these fields. However, all claims with Aslob 052 should be labeled "Casualty". All claims with Aslob 230 and FieldB=EPG are labeled "Surety, but those with Aslob 230 and FieldA=EIC01 should be ...

Depreciation Formula
I don't expect to get any bites on this one, but, "Hey, it's Friday -- it could happen!" Just got this one dropped on my lap -- we have a spreadsheet with items that we depreciate -- this spreadsheep has been touched/maniulated by many over the years (I just gained access to it, since it's not doing what the Finance folks would like it to do). Here's what it does ... Col H has a description of the item Col J has In Service Date Col L has the Life of the item (ie, 60 mos, 120 mos) Col M has the Original Cost of the item Col N figures the Monthly Depreciation (=M2...

Cannot Save a new Power scheme
I am one of 3 user Accounts on this computer operating under a windows professional environment. For some reason I cannot create and save a new power scheme for shatting down screen (say, after 15 minutes) and Hard disks (say, after 1 hr). The other 2 user accounts can do so. Why?? -- Aloysius Tan Tel: 65-64696238 Fax: 65-64690234 Email: aloysiusemail-attl@yahoo.com ...

OWA New mail notification is not poping up in Windows XP
OWA new mail notification is not popping up in Windows XP PCs, laying in same network which is exchange server exist but not the Windows 2000 and NT boxes. Funny part is when I open OWA from home PC (Which is running XP + SP2) mail notification is popping up. I had disable the Popup blockers and tested but results are same. Does anybody know solution for this? On 24 May 2006 00:39:57 -0700, "Rush" <rasikaf@gmail.com> wrote: >OWA new mail notification is not popping up in Windows XP PCs, laying >in same network which is exchange server exist but not the Windows 2000 >...

Depreciations
We are having a problem with the fixed asset depreciation on some assets. The auditors have found that the depreciation on these assets is calculating a larger amount than expected. The items involved all are Buildings and they are have an acquisition date that precedes our implementing the system. They were loaded into the system on 7/7/2000. How can we fix this? Not enough info Andrea to advise a fix. If you can give us all the particulars of the asset, the depreciation settings, current depreciation amounts, etc., maybe we can help. The more detail the better. Frank Hamelly MCP...

Help. I am brand new to Excel but need to quickly come up with a formula to do the following:
Help. I am brand new to Excel, but I need to quickly come up with a formula to do the following. In any programming language it would be a simple do while loop, or equivalent, but I can not find out how to do it in Excel: Input a Daily Amount, let's say $150 * or call it DA Multiply it times 365 for a yearly amount Input a Number of Years, let's say 5 * or call it Y Multiply the Yearly Amount times the number of years to get a Total Yearly Amount or call it YA Input an inflation Rate, let's say 5%* or call it IR Input a number of Years, let's say 20 * or call it NY...

New at RMS
Is there a way to configure RMS software in order for my cash draw to pop out on its own. I have this for a few day and I can't seem to figure this thing out. My sales rep seems to take for ever to get back to me. Please help Are you OPOS or Window Drivers? What printer are you using, Epson, Star or something else? Is your Cash drawer plugged into your printer? Rob "country" <country@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C4F7DA9-D77B-49B9-ACC7-EF1D15179DDB@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to configure RMS software in order for my cash draw to pop >...

Buying M04 Dlx at close out $ just for the two-year MSN Bill Pay?
M04 Deluxe came with two years of MSN Bill Pay included. And, I believe the expiration dates on the box stated the offer is good through Sep XX, 2006 (looks like they keep a three year window: end of product sales cycle, plus two years). So, I had this idea: If you see M04 Dlx anywhere for say, $20, it's a bargain if only for the two-years of prepaid MSN Bill Pay, (I recall that was the higher end MSN Bill Pay, @6.99/month * 24 months = ~ $167). But, if you want to use M05 or later versions (the whole point here being you buy M04 only for the prepaid MSN BP), this needs to work al...

Handling Leap Years
Good morning everyone, Just a quick question, which I am sure is quite trivial, but I am not sure how to handle Leap Years. I have an Access form, which contains details about motor policies. I also have a command button - "Renew", which when clicked, increments the "Start Date" by one year and the "End Date" by one year, minus one day. For example, this is what I get: Before Renewal: Start Date = 01/MAR/2006 End Date = 28/FEB/2007 After Renewal: Start Date = 01/MAR/2007 End Date = 27/FEB/2007 *************************************************** However ...

New Outlook 2002 client...
We have a mixed environment of Windows 98 and Windows XP machines. I have bben told that Outlook 2002 has many patched security holes over the 2000 version. My question is will the new 2002 client run on Windows 98 machines? Thanks, Brad ...

Add New Group
I have read all the posts that look pertinent to my question, but no one has answered it before, so here goes: I'm using Outlook 2007 with Vista Ultimate. In Outlook I select 'contacts'. I get a listing of my contacts, and on the left side I get a navigation pane with 'My Contacts'. I can go down the pane and click on 'Add New Group'. I can then enter my new group name, and it saves it. Now the problem: I can't do anything with the new group. I can't add contacts to it, I can't add or do anything with it, except stare at it in awe and wonde...

Office 2010 Buying Advice Needed For New Business
We are starting a new medium sized business and need help deciding which MS Office 2010 products we will need...Enterprise edition, which if any MS Sever programs, etc. Can someone direct me to the proper place to get this information? So far I haven't been able to find anything. Thanks Impossibly to say without knowing a deal more about your requirements. And since 2010 is not due for release for some time....... "Saidas" <Saidas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8E40F98-723B-431E-A983-9DD60866B422@microsoft.com... > We are starting a...

OT: New groups! :-0
I logged on to the MS news server this morning and discovered Microsoft added four new newsgroups! Go figure! >I logged on to the MS news server this morning and discovered Microsoft >added four new newsgroups! Go figure! I don't see any new groups as of a minute ago. What groups? Not likely created by MS. Could have been newgrouped by someone else in lieu of the forthcoming decommissioning of the current public ones. - Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP] Yes, but the total group count is certainly dropping! Daave wrote: > I logged on to the MS news server this morni...

Exch5.5 to Exch2K Migration and Redirecting users to new mail serv
I am doing an Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 . I have about 400 users that we need to redirect the Users Outlook Profiles to the new exchange server. Is their a way to do this with out doing it manually and touching every users workstation??? On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:03:03 -0800, Jonny99yes <Jonny99yes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am doing an Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 . I have about 400 users that we >need to redirect the Users Outlook Profiles to the new exchange server. Is >their a way to do this with out doing it manually and touching every users >worksta...

Creation of New Database and Exporting Tables from an existing Dat
I am splitting 10 existing tables statewise. Each such split table will have a distinct name. Eg: In case of Family table, it will have the name of the Tables as, Family Karnataka, FamilyAndhrapradesh etc. I have opened 25 new / different Databases with the respective names of the states - such as Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh etc. Now, I want to copy these split tables to the respective databases. Such as FamilyKarnataka to the database of Karnataka and FamilyAndhraPradesh to the database Andhra Pradesh. Please duide me... S Haresha Babu Sr Manager (IT) Syndicate Bank ...

A new one on me.
I drive the Windows XP Home Edition SP 3 Until today it has performed the way it was designed. Three times today I worked with it as usual when about 30 to 45 minutes after booting up, the operating system stopped funtioning. The arrow disappeard, Control, Alt, Delete, did not wake up the Task Manager, turning a printer on or of brought no reaction from the PC, did not activate the red light . Re-booting worked normally. Then it occurred again. Any ideas? Nurmi Overheating? Cleaning the Interior of your PC: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutoria...

New user
Newbie here. I just sent a direct mail piece to about 600 of the leads in our CRM database. What is the best way to record this in CRM? Someone please tell me that I do not have to open all 600 leads and create a note for each one! :o) Thank you! There is not a native tool to do this easily. 2 apps will make Completed history. IBIS nurture Marketing and C360 Activity summary. However, there is a trickey way to do this using the workflow manager. What you have to do is make a workflow that creates the event. Then in the grid run the rule on every contact you need. It is a bit o...

New messages do not display until user selects a different folder
One user out of 80 is having a problem. They are using Outlook 2000 like the rest, but recently upgraded to a new PC. This user is only able to see new email if the select a currently unselected folder in outlook. Anybody know how to fix this? Thanks, Aaron http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311506/en-us --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Aaron Bellante asked: | One user out of 80 is having a problem. They are ...

New Update causes " Communication Error"
I have tried several times to install this new update and still get the same error message. The message is "A communication error occured. Please try your call again. If you continue to have problems call your financial institution's Online Services Customer Support." I thought this update was suppose to fix issues between MS Money and MSN Money in which there was hugh problems. Now, I am forced to re-install MS Money Premium without this update until it is fixed. Fortunately, I backup my files on multiple disks. System Information: XP Professional SP2, Internet Explo...

MACRS Depreciation
For companies that have assets with MACRS depreciation methods, does anybody know the averaging convention that you would combine with one of the double declining methods to make the schedule work? -- Charles Allen, MVP Charles: I've always used Half Year convention to simulate MACRS in GP. It works. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com That's what I've done as well. Works fine. Mark On Sep 11, 12:05=A0pm, "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" <fhame...@eastcoast-dynamics.com> wrote: > Charles: > > I've a...