Deploy GP 10 with Group Policy Deployment GPO

I am trying to deploy Dynamics GP 10 using a Group Policies.  I am down to 
one issues.  I cannot deploy the Microsoft Application Error Reporting 11.0.  
I found what I thought was the MSI file in the \Bin\Watson\dw20shared.msi but 
I keep getting the following error message.

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	Application Management
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	102
Date:		2/1/2008
Time:		4:00:59 PM
User:		NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer:	TRAINING01
Description:
The install of application Microsoft Application Error Reporting from policy 
GP 10 Install failed.  The error was : Fatal error during installation. 

I have searched everywhere to find a good msi package to deploy this but I 
can't find one.  Anyone know how to deploy this?
0
ChadA (17)
2/1/2008 10:33:34 PM
greatplains 29623 articles. 6 followers. Follow

10 Replies
1800 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 13


"Chad A" wrote:

> I am trying to deploy Dynamics GP 10 using a Group Policies.  I am down to 
> one issues.  I cannot deploy the Microsoft Application Error Reporting 11.0.  
> I found what I thought was the MSI file in the \Bin\Watson\dw20shared.msi but 
> I keep getting the following error message.
> 
> Event Type:	Error
> Event Source:	Application Management
> Event Category:	None
> Event ID:	102
> Date:		2/1/2008
> Time:		4:00:59 PM
> User:		NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> Computer:	TRAINING01
> Description:
> The install of application Microsoft Application Error Reporting from policy 
> GP 10 Install failed.  The error was : Fatal error during installation. 
> 
> I have searched everywhere to find a good msi package to deploy this but I 
> can't find one.  Anyone know how to deploy this?
0
M (187)
2/12/2008 10:04:01 PM
Chad,

I am experiencing the same exact issue.  I've created a GPO to deploy 
dw20shared.msi, the Dexterity Common files (using the 
DexSkipDotNetCheck.mst), and the SQL Native client and everything installs 
correctly except the dw20shared.msi.

The dw20shared.msi installs correctly when run from the GP10 installer 
executable but not when pushed through group policy (I get the same error you 
reported).

I am guessing that there is a transform file or another command line 
parameter that needs to be associated with installing the dw20shared.msi file 
but so far I haven't found anyone with any insight into the issue.

For the time being I am planning just to package the whole install into it's 
own MSI package using WinInstall LE (which runs about $50).  It completely 
defeats the purpose of having GP 10 in it's own MSI package but if you have 
third party modules that have to be installed via cnk files you're still 
looking at building your own package or touching each workstation either way 
(until the third parties start packaging their own msi files for deployment)


-Brian

"Chad A" wrote:

> I am trying to deploy Dynamics GP 10 using a Group Policies.  I am down to 
> one issues.  I cannot deploy the Microsoft Application Error Reporting 11.0.  
> I found what I thought was the MSI file in the \Bin\Watson\dw20shared.msi but 
> I keep getting the following error message.
> 
> Event Type:	Error
> Event Source:	Application Management
> Event Category:	None
> Event ID:	102
> Date:		2/1/2008
> Time:		4:00:59 PM
> User:		NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> Computer:	TRAINING01
> Description:
> The install of application Microsoft Application Error Reporting from policy 
> GP 10 Install failed.  The error was : Fatal error during installation. 
> 
> I have searched everywhere to find a good msi package to deploy this but I 
> can't find one.  Anyone know how to deploy this?
0
BrianM (12)
2/12/2008 10:09:02 PM
Glad to see that I am not alone.  I was told by a Support tech that the 
drwaston is not needed for the install so I created a transform against the 
greatplains.msi file to not look for it.  

Under the InstallExecuteSequence I set "Type19CA_INVALID_WATSON_COMMON" to 
Condition 0=1.  Problem solved.

You are also right about the third party add-ons.  We have a couple.  Here 
are the details.

Etho Series - I was able to create an administrative install that I can 
deploy using a GPO

Dynamic Zip - The administrative install did not work.  The vendor is 
working on fixing it.  We got past this issue by deploying the dic and VBA 
using a script.

Nodus Credit Card Advantage - Administrative install using the exe client.

Nodus Credit Card Encryption - Administrative install using the exe client.  
The exe install runs a separate install for the (Nodus Framework).  That exe 
is cored in the C:\Window\temp folder.  I was able to use that exe to create 
another administrative install for the Nodus Framework.

Our deployment life saver was creating a VB script that deploys the updates 
to the clients.  We save a file in the GP folder called version.txt.  Each 
time a user logs in it compares the timestamp between version.txt on the 
client and version.txt on the server.  If the txt file is out of date then it 
will copy the latest files to the gp folder.  

Hope that helps.

0
ChadA (17)
2/12/2008 10:32:03 PM
Did the transform work?  How did you make it?  I'm new to .mst files.

Thanks!

"Chad A" wrote:

> Glad to see that I am not alone.  I was told by a Support tech that the 
> drwaston is not needed for the install so I created a transform against the 
> greatplains.msi file to not look for it.  
> 
> Under the InstallExecuteSequence I set "Type19CA_INVALID_WATSON_COMMON" to 
> Condition 0=1.  Problem solved.
> 
> You are also right about the third party add-ons.  We have a couple.  Here 
> are the details.
> 
> Etho Series - I was able to create an administrative install that I can 
> deploy using a GPO
> 
> Dynamic Zip - The administrative install did not work.  The vendor is 
> working on fixing it.  We got past this issue by deploying the dic and VBA 
> using a script.
> 
> Nodus Credit Card Advantage - Administrative install using the exe client.
> 
> Nodus Credit Card Encryption - Administrative install using the exe client.  
> The exe install runs a separate install for the (Nodus Framework).  That exe 
> is cored in the C:\Window\temp folder.  I was able to use that exe to create 
> another administrative install for the Nodus Framework.
> 
> Our deployment life saver was creating a VB script that deploys the updates 
> to the clients.  We save a file in the GP folder called version.txt.  Each 
> time a user logs in it compares the timestamp between version.txt on the 
> client and version.txt on the server.  If the txt file is out of date then it 
> will copy the latest files to the gp folder.  
> 
> Hope that helps.
> 
0
Fetch (2)
4/8/2008 2:25:01 PM
Hi Chad,

I have the exact same issue, can you please share how exactly you did the 
transform MST file with the setting: InstallExecuteSequence 
"Type19CA_INVALID_WATSON_COMMON" Condition 0=1

The software you used and the steps to fix this. I'm deploying GP10 on our 
Windows 2003 Ent., Citrix 4.5 Platinum Ed. Platform and I'm using Citrix 
Packaging to push the installation against all our Citrix servers. This 
dw20shared.msi is failing with the same description that you mentioned.

Regards,
DanSir

"Chad A" wrote:

> Glad to see that I am not alone.  I was told by a Support tech that the 
> drwaston is not needed for the install so I created a transform against the 
> greatplains.msi file to not look for it.  
> 
> Under the InstallExecuteSequence I set "Type19CA_INVALID_WATSON_COMMON" to 
> Condition 0=1.  Problem solved.
> 
> You are also right about the third party add-ons.  We have a couple.  Here 
> are the details.
> 
> Etho Series - I was able to create an administrative install that I can 
> deploy using a GPO
> 
> Dynamic Zip - The administrative install did not work.  The vendor is 
> working on fixing it.  We got past this issue by deploying the dic and VBA 
> using a script.
> 
> Nodus Credit Card Advantage - Administrative install using the exe client.
> 
> Nodus Credit Card Encryption - Administrative install using the exe client.  
> The exe install runs a separate install for the (Nodus Framework).  That exe 
> is cored in the C:\Window\temp folder.  I was able to use that exe to create 
> another administrative install for the Nodus Framework.
> 
> Our deployment life saver was creating a VB script that deploys the updates 
> to the clients.  We save a file in the GP folder called version.txt.  Each 
> time a user logs in it compares the timestamp between version.txt on the 
> client and version.txt on the server.  If the txt file is out of date then it 
> will copy the latest files to the gp folder.  
> 
> Hope that helps.
> 
0
DanSir (1)
5/1/2008 6:31:00 PM
Sorry Fetch, I didn't get a notification about your post.  
DanSir, I havn't used Citrix in 6 years so I can't really help with the 
citrix push.  However, here are more details about creating a mst file.  I 
hope they are detailed enough.

You need some experiance with creating mst files to do this.  I recommend 
appdeploy.com.  You will also need a program to create it.  Microsoft has a 
program call Orca (located in the Windows SDK) which allows you to open an 
MSI file and create at transform.  
Link to Windows SDK Download

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4377F86D-C913-4B5C-B87E-EF72E5B4E065&displaylang=en

Once you open the Great Plains.msi file in Orca you need to go to the 
"InstallExecuteSequence" table.  Under the action 
"Type19CA_INSTANCE_NAME_SPECIFIED" you need to change the condition to "0=1". 
 After making that change go to Transform > Generate Transform.  

Now when you deploy the GreatPlains.msi file all you need to do is attach 
the mst to the software package in the Active Directory GPO.

Hope this helps.  

0
ChadA (17)
5/1/2008 7:09:00 PM
I manually installed Watson.  I should mention that the HR add-on we bought 
had to be manually installed as well.  I believe it's a .net SP1 issue.  I 
was able to Group Policy Integration Manager, but there was a file that 
identifies itself to Great Plains that didn't install correctly.  I had to 
manually copy this file from the GP server (manual install of Integration 
Manager) to the GP directory on the clients.  Then GP saw the new file and 
updated it's component index file: dynamics.set.  On the whole, I'm very 
disappointed in Microsoft for making installation so difficult and bug-filled.



"Chad A" wrote:

> Sorry Fetch, I didn't get a notification about your post.  
> DanSir, I havn't used Citrix in 6 years so I can't really help with the 
> citrix push.  However, here are more details about creating a mst file.  I 
> hope they are detailed enough.
> 
> You need some experiance with creating mst files to do this.  I recommend 
> appdeploy.com.  You will also need a program to create it.  Microsoft has a 
> program call Orca (located in the Windows SDK) which allows you to open an 
> MSI file and create at transform.  
> Link to Windows SDK Download
> 
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4377F86D-C913-4B5C-B87E-EF72E5B4E065&displaylang=en
> 
> Once you open the Great Plains.msi file in Orca you need to go to the 
> "InstallExecuteSequence" table.  Under the action 
> "Type19CA_INSTANCE_NAME_SPECIFIED" you need to change the condition to "0=1". 
>  After making that change go to Transform > Generate Transform.  
> 
> Now when you deploy the GreatPlains.msi file all you need to do is attach 
> the mst to the software package in the Active Directory GPO.
> 
> Hope this helps.  
> 
0
Fetch (2)
5/2/2008 1:51:02 PM
On May 2, 9:51 am, Fetch <Fe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I manually installed Watson.  I should mention that the HR add-on we bought
> had to be manually installed as well.  I believe it's a .net SP1 issue.  I
> was able to Group Policy Integration Manager, but there was a file that
> identifies itself to Great Plains that didn'tinstallcorrectly.  I had to
> manually copy this file from the GP server (manualinstallof Integration
> Manager) to the GP directory on the clients.  Then GP saw the new file and
> updated it's component index file: dynamics.set.  On the whole, I'm very
> disappointed in Microsoft for making installation so difficult and bug-filled.
>
> "Chad A" wrote:
> > Sorry Fetch, I didn't get a notification about your post.
> > DanSir, I havn't used Citrix in 6 years so I can't really help with the
> > citrix push.  However, here are more details about creating a mst file.  I
> > hope they are detailed enough.
>
> > You need some experiance with creating mst files to do this.  I recommend
> > appdeploy.com.  You will also need a program to create it.  Microsoft has a
> > program call Orca (located in the Windows SDK) which allows you to open an
> > MSI file and create attransform.
> > Link to Windows SDK Download
>
> >http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4377F86D-C91...
>
> > Once you open the Great Plains.msi file in Orca you need to go to the
> > "InstallExecuteSequence" table.  Under the action
> > "Type19CA_INSTANCE_NAME_SPECIFIED" you need to change the condition to "0=1".
> >  After making that change go toTransform> GenerateTransform.
>
> > Now when you deploy the GreatPlains.msi file all you need to do is attach
> > the mst to the softwarepackagein the Active Directory GPO.
>
> > Hope this helps.

To use the MSI to install Error Reporting, use the following
commandline:
 msiexec.exe /i  path \dw20.msi APPGUID={GUID}

(note that the MSI on the GP disk has a slightly different name)

This is documented at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb219076.aspx

It also tells you that you can find the appguid with the following
details:
Key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PCHealth\ErrorReporting\DW
\Products
Name:
{ProductCode GUID}
Value:
1

 So if you install Error Reporting on a machine using the GP setup,
you can then go into the registry and find the required guid.

I'm not sure how this affects Group Policy, but it worked for us using
BDD.
0
5/12/2008 4:38:42 PM
It looks to me like you have to register the error reporting for the 
Dexterity Runtime Components.  Therefore if you just install the 
dw20shared.msi with no switches it does not associate itself as the error 
reporting engine for Dexterity, and the GP10 installer does not think it is 
installed.

If you specify the Dexterity Runtime GUID with the dw20shared.msi it will 
add the required registry entry.  The command line below worked for me:

MsiExec.exe /i dw20shared.msi APPGUID={2E56775F-12A6-44CB-A969-3C2CEB371313} 
/passive /norestart
0
8/29/2008 4:46:00 PM
> MsiExec.exe /i dw20shared.msi 
APPGUID={2E56775F-12A6-44CB-A969-3C2CEB371313} /passive /norestart

This worked perfectly when used as a transform in a GPO install as well.

I created a transform (using InstEd, but Orca works too) and added a 
Property row called APPGUID with the value specified here. This told the 
installer for DW20SHARED to associate itself with Dexterity Shared Components.

If you set up a GPO that includes the three Dynamics 10 prerequisites, 
Dexterity Shared needs to be installed before DW20 here does. This appears to 
be just a matter of adding packages to the GPO in the order that the Dynamics 
installer normally installs them in. I personally created two GPOs; one for 
Dynamics itself and one for the prerequisites, and made sure the prereqs 
installed first.

0
Fecyk (1)
7/20/2009 5:24:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Microsoft Dynamics GP should allow you to tell who in a sales ord
Currently, you cannot tell who is in a sales order in Sales Trx Entry. This would be a helpful tool for GP. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e00361c9-8f18-4...

Date Picker 05-04-10
Is it possible to hide the message displayed by date picker or drop-down box. I have created a document with multiple date fields and drop-down boxes and I would only like to see the fields that have been clicked on! Is this possible. I note in Excel it is possible to uncheck 'Print Object' in format control, however can't seem to do it in Word. Thanks As content controls require that the form is unlocked, how would anyone know the fields were present to click on if they were hidden? I suspect that a better approach would be to employ a userform and insert the var...

group mailing
Is there any way that I can conceal the individual addresses when I do a group mailing? If this isn't possible in group mailing, is there another way to do it with MS Mail? All of this applies to OE, WinMail and WLMail. To use the BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) feature, in a new message window, either click View | All Headers and type in the addresses separated by a; Or: Click the To button. You will see your list of contacts and the choice of putting them in the To, CC, or BCC field. Click on an address, then click BCC to add it. Repeat for all the contacts you want. (Note: Mo...

GP Thin-client question
I got posed this question by a prospect: Is Microsoft Dynamics GP a thin-client web-based application (ie. relying primarily on a web browser to access the application)? My answer was yes. I was coming from the premise that Dynamics GP would be implemented in a Terminal Services environment. What are your thoughts on the matter? This leads to a much larger discussion of how far GP has progressed in its web enablement strategy. Yes, this could be a much larger discussion, but based on the question as you've written it, I believe the more correct answer to your prospect's ques...

microsoft word 04-16-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Everytime i save a file in word or any other office application my computer seems to create another file of the same document. Therefore I have a bout 10 files which are the same and in oredr to open the right one zi have to sort out by date. Are there any changes which have to be made to my preferences on the application or computer? Hi Kevin; There's nothing about the typical individual user settings for Office or OS X that would cause what you describe. The only thing that even comes close is a Preferences setting in Wo...

Producer for PowerPoint 01-20-10
I am using MS 2007 on my new computer and have used Producer for 2007 but when I went to open it using my other computer (running MS 2003 and Producer 2003) it will not work. Is there a way to sdave the file or anything so that it can be opened with 2003? "Kristie" <Kristie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20C41E1B-1186-4E29-A6ED-D9727BB95CFF@microsoft.com... > I am using MS 2007 on my new computer and have used Producer for 2007 but > when I went to open it using my other computer (running MS 2003 and > Producer > 2003) it will no...

Outlook 2007 ole registration error in Terminal Services 01-11-10
Hi, I've a Citrix Environment which I look after. My predecessor did the install of Outlook 2007 into the environment so I'm without history on the setup. Still, all is not lost and I've been testing extensively but still to no avail. I'm getting the "An OLE registration error has occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run setup again for the program." when I try to use the search bar in Outlook. I've tried the regsvr32 ole32.dll fix and the deleting all Application Data files for Outlook in the roaming and local profiles and still...

GP Hints Newsletter
Our next newsletter on Dynamics GP comes out this Tuesday with information on Year End Processes and seminars in you area. If you are not on our mailing list, visit our site, go to FREE STUFF, and subscribe. That's right, it's free. Just make sure your spam filter is not blocking us out. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com ...

mail 07-04-10
nie mog� wys�ac ani odebrac wiadomosci ...

Simple hack to get $500 to your home. 07-14-10
Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://easywaytolife.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on top side above search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque. please don,t tell to anyone. ...

GP should allow more than 2 decimals for vacation accrual
Our vacation accrual per pay period is 6.6666. GP limits the decimal to 2 places. Should be allowed to go to 4 or 5. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9177...

GP 7.5 to 9.0 upgrade failed during "Load Table Auto Procs"
Hi, Upgrading a client from GP 7.5 (SP6) SQL to 9.0 In the "Server Installation Progress" window (normal upgrade in GP Utilities) During "Updating database: xxxxxx" in step "Load Table Auto Procs" We receive the message (window title: Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities): "The stored procedure UpdateDB_Upgrade() of form duSQL Pass Through SQL returned the following results: DBMS: 12, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0." with the OK button. Responded to the message 4 times, then... "Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities install/upgrade failed." Anyone run ...

sum for each group
Using Excel 2000 Column A contains user names Column B contains their department Column C thru X contains number of years in certain field I would like to return a sum at the bottom of the list for each field column. I want a sum of years experience for each department Thanks in advance Example: Col A Col B Col C Name Dept. Years John Doe 1 4 Jane Doe 1 2 Jake Doe 2 8 Lou Doe 1 1 Jim Doe 2 10 Paul Doe 3 20 Dan Doe 4 14 Ray Doe 3 12 At bott...

Animations 02-25-10
I have a slide with 8 small photos that animates one at a time to form one photo, like putting together a puzzle one piece at a time. Once the animation is complete, is there a way to loop the animation to start over? I want the puzzle to repeat itself until I transition to the next slide? Thank you very much for your assistance. -- Trainer 2007 On 2/25/10 1:24 PM, Trainer wrote: > I have a slide with 8 small photos that animates one at a time to form one > photo, > like putting together a puzzle one piece at a time. > Once the animation is complete, is there...

overseas locations runing GP over the internet with one server
we need to implement GP In our overseas locations over the net and with one server at HQ ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ed6f40f2-bfb0-474b-b63a-b778c9b6adf...

disclaymer group policy
hi there, does anybody of you know, if it=B4s possible to add a=20 disclaimer in outlook 2000 per group policy. i don=B4t want the users to change it themselfes. greetings from austria peter Do you use Exchange Server? If yes, then there are a number of solutions that are server based so the user cannot alter the information - see this page for some ideas: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/content_control.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out read...

GP SP3 ERROR
Dear all , i install the sp3 of GP getting following error GP A GET/CHANGE OPERATION ON TABLE 'ASI _MSTR_EXPLORER_FAVUORITES' ,FAILED ACCESS SQL DATA Has anyone found a resolution to this issue? I am experiencing the same exact thing after installing SP3 in my test environment. I am going to test a theory related to the eXtender module from eOne that I think might be causing the issue, but it is going to involve running the upgrade again on a non-upgraded version of the company/dynamics databases. Thanks. "qurat" wrote: > Dear all , > i install the sp3 of G...

Count query 03-08-10
How would I set up this query? All I want to do is count the number of errors on a certain cell in our machining process. I have a [Date] field, [Cell 1], [Cell 2] all the way through [Cell 7]. I want a daily number of errors and then an accumulitive number every day. I am then going to have it graph this data. Thanks Joshua McCarley Are you sure you want to count them rather than sum them? If you actually have field names like [Cell 1], [Cell 2],... you might consider normalizing your table structure. Can you provide some sample records and how you would like them to app...

expansion of distribution groups
Hello, as I experienced, when I send email to a distribution group (non-querybased), mail arrives only to the direct members of the group. When another group is its member, its own membership is not expanded. This requires me to add all the user accounts directly to the distribution group, right? Is there any other way? O. On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 08:26:17 +0200, "Ondrej Sevecek" <ondra at my_surname dot com> hired a team of monkeys to write: >Hello, > >as I experienced, when I send email to a distribution group >(non-querybased), mail arrives only to the direc...

Help with grouping columns
Maybe I'm overlooking the obvious...but I'm having a hard time groupin columns. Here's the goal: Columns A - L are the 12 months... Jan-Dec. I want to group 3 columns (3 months) at a time. So I'd have 4 colum groups side by side. I select the entire first 3 columns...data...group/outline...an group...creates the group fine. I then select the next 3 columns (next 3 months)...to be in their ow group. When I try to group them...it just ads them to the firs group...making one large group. The first 3 columns are not selected when I do this. I've also tried playing with the s...

Public Calendars not in Calendars Group
RE: Outlook 2007, Exchange 2007 I have Outlook 2007 and I have three of our company's public calendars in my "Calendar">"Other Calendars" group in outlook. I cannot get these calendars to display in a coworker's Outlook 2007. Her version of outlook is the same, and we both have professional. Her copy is an Upgrade from 2000, and mine was a full install. I can see the calendars in her outlook folder list, I've tried "add to favorites", and I've tried dragging and dropping, but none of these methods work. Pleae help! Thank...

GP 9 Security Warning
We are upgrading to Great Plains 9.0 (sp2) in test. I have installed and set up the clients (XP sp2) and am seeing a message when starting up the client... Dexterity Runtime - Security Warning Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher. Name: nph-xauth?URL=aHR0cDovL2FjdGl2ZXgubWljcm9zb2zb2Z0LmNv... Publisher: Unknown Publisher Seems to have something to do with the 9.0 home pages. Any ideas? Hi Mark, This is usually caused by a “feature” in the new security settings found in Windows XP SP2; specifically with the Internet Explorer security settin...

Group Shield on Exchange 2003
Up until recently, I (an administrator) was getting ALERT messages from GroupShield when someone tried to send something we block. For no apparent reason, the messages stopped. When I look in the GroupShield console on Exchange, everything appears to be set up properly. Any ideas? -Lauri -- Lauri Bellingham Public Schools Application Support On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 15:56:13 -0800, "Lauri" <lmcbeath@nospam.bham.wednet.edu> wrote: >Up until recently, I (an administrator) was getting ALERT messages from >GroupShield when someone tried to send something we block. F...

GP server running at 100%
Our GP server has been running at 100% for the last two days and is causing everything to be really slow. sqlserver.exe is using 99 "CPU" and is using 1.7 GB of memory of the 3GB available on the server. First of all, any ideas on how to lower this? I don't know what caused the server to run so slow in the first place, but we have a lot of SQL server reporting services subscriptions that run every night, and these are now backed up. Is there some way to clear out some sort of queue so that these reports will not, thus giving the server one less thing it is trying to do? These...

Distribution Group cannot belong any AG
My case problem is apparently in native mode a distribution group cannot belong to ANY administrative group except the default one (or in the case of the defaut being removed i.e. First Administrative Group, then the first AG itfinds). There is not place to change it or select which administrative group the distribution group lives. Additionally this causes problems with the address creation via recipient update policy as our RUP uses the "LegacyExchangeDN" field to distinguish between administrative groups. So pretty much EVERY dist group created end up in the default admin gro...