Denali (SQL 2012) Support

Hi All

We're currently running GP10.0 with SP3 (and Binary Stream) on 2005

We were planning to upgrade to 2008 R2 soon, but with Denali (2012)
being RTM about 4 weeks ago, we may hold off a month or so and go
straight to Denali.

Anyone know if our version is compatible with Denali?

Anyone tested on CTP versions?

Regards

Mark

Storing images in Sql database
Hi, I currently have a web server with a illustrations folder containing some 100,000 images of all types (gif/jpeg...). The folder is presenting a great management problem since it is really hard to load the entire content of that folder remotely, and it may take minutes to open that folder up. However, we've already installed a ASP.Net Handler in that folder to generate thumbnails, which enables us change the storage option if we wanted. So, the question is, would it be optimal to place all those images in a Sql 2005 Database and retrieve them using an Asp.Net Web handler when ...

Integration MGR from a SQL Table
I appreciate any help I can get on this. I am trying to use a table from a SQL database on my SQL server to integrate into Payables Mgmt/Payables Transaction. I have to use ODBC, I understand that, but not sure if I need to go simple or advanced. What I am trying to do is, I have my server name , and the database name (example: \\jlr-jr\JLRDATA ) . Now keep in mind, there are more than one database inside that server, such as (jlr-jr\JLRDATA, jlr-jr\GREATPLAINS, jlr-jr\GPINSTANCE2, etc) . This is my hangup. In initially tring to pick my source, I do not know ho...

Move SharePoint MOSS7 from SQL 2000 to SQL 2008
I am the SQL DBA but am not into SharePoint. We have an instance of SharePoint MOSS7 that is pointing to an old SQL 2000 server. I need to migrate those DB to a new SQL 2008 server and then of course reconfigure the SharePoint to connect to the new SQL instance. At this point I have already migrated the associated databases from the 2000 SQL to the 08 as well as all security. So all database names remain the same, they are just on a newer server with a new instance name. My question is how the heck to tell this SharePoint MOSS7 to look to the new SQL server and of course ...

SQL Query problem
I have a table like below Date, Qty 1-Jan, 10 2-Jan, 10 3-Jan, 20 4-Jan, 10 I want to write a query to display Date_interval, qty 1-Jan to 2-jan, 10 3-Jan to 3-jan, 20 4-jan to 4-jan, 10 <-- seperate row for 4-jan even though the Qty is same I tried by grouping on Qty from which I get Qty, Min(date),Max(date) 10, 1-Jan, 4-jan 20, 2-Jan, 2-jan <-- no seperate row for 4-jan Please help me in getting that extra row of 4-jan Thanks Pradeep On 7 May 2007 08:02:19 -0700, Pradeep <agarwalp@eeism.com> wrote: >I have a table like below > >Date, Qty >1-Jan, 10 >2-Ja...

SQL phrasing
I want the default value for a text box to be selected from a table where the record meets certain criteria: manufacturer = the form's manufacturer field catalogueNo = the form's catalogueNo field and of those fields that do match these criteria, the default value should be the one with the most recent date the entered value is the Cost field of the record that matches... so I enter in the default value as select ([table]![Cost]) where (max([table]![Date])) and ([table]![manufacturer] = me.manufacturer.value and ([table]![catalogueNo] = me.catalogueNo.value but ...

When is Sql Server 2005 Not enough?
We are getting ready to upgrade our computers, and upgrade to rms 2.0, and need to figure out if sql server 2005 express that comes with rms 2.0 is going to be enough. I would like to get everything done at one time, rather than need to upgrade one year down the road again. At what point do you need to upgrade to a full version of sql server? Thanks! -Jordon This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00B6_01C82537.E081EFA0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_00B7_01C82537.E081EFA0" ------=_NextPart_001_00B7_01C82537.E08...

would a SQL service pack help for Crystal?
Hello: There is a Crystal XI report that we developed for a client. Without going into detail, there is a routine in GP 10.0 (version 10.00.0774) that is run by the client. At the conclusion of that routine, they run this Crystal report. They noticed that, after running this routine and refreshing the Crystal report, the data was not appearing accurately on the report. Later, they refreshed the Crystal report again and the report was indeed accurate. No data was entered or updated into GP between the two times that the Crystal report ws refreshed. Obviously, the concern is why do...

Denali (SQL 2012) Support
Hi All We're currently running GP10.0 with SP3 (and Binary Stream) on 2005 We were planning to upgrade to 2008 R2 soon, but with Denali (2012) being RTM about 4 weeks ago, we may hold off a month or so and go straight to Denali. Anyone know if our version is compatible with Denali? Anyone tested on CTP versions? Regards Mark ...

Create functions that support MAKEINTRESOURCE
Hi, I would like to create a CListControl with a method defined like this : InitControl( LPCTSTR lpszFileName, int nImgCount ) that loads an image and assign an image list. The problem is I want to be able to load an external image file or an embedded resource. SO how can I detect that its a resource when caller used MAKEINTRESOURCE. >SO how can I detect that its a resource when caller used MAKEINTRESOURCE. The documentation gives it away: "The return value is the specified value in the low-order word and zero in the high-order word." i.e. test the high word of the paramete...

Cannot install MS CRM 3.0c laptopclient
Hi, I'm trying to install the latest laptop client onto my PC, I uninstalled the previous client and also made sure I removed the old MSDE database, however on the prerequisites SQL Server Express (crm) fails to install given the error message: No encryption key is available. A well-known encryption key was returned. Various searches on the internet have not shed any light on what this error message means or how to resolve the problem, has anyone else encountered this? Jon Jon, to be able to help you, I need following info. 1. What is version of CRM laptop client? 2. What is your PC&...

ORACLE- SQL interface using XML
Hello: I have a .net web application , that uses aspx.net and vb.net pointing to a SQL database. I need to send and receive data from oracle/Sql, so I am supposed to use XML. I haven't used it before and I have no idea how to do it, so I am looking for a step by step guide or samples about how to do it. I will appreciate any help Thanks ...

SQL Server row limit of 8000 bytes
hi when i want add a new field in contact i have this error : dmLog: Failed to add new String attribute (CFSl_importance) to Contact entity. and dmLog: New size of the attribute ({00027E4A-174C-4D15-AF43-C64CF39E0BA4}) exceeds the SQL Server row limit of 8000 bytes. is someone know why? th u mathias This would be very helpful since I ran into the same problem where I was able to create a customization file, but couldn't import it on a different system. However, where can I find this on Partnersource? I can't find the article, nor can I find any fix releases. Is there a pla...

SSRS 2005 accessing SQL Server 2000 databases
I have been asked to upgrade a server from SS2000 to SS2005 so that SSRS 2005 can be used to create reports using the upgraded database. I maintain that SSRS 2005 can access SS2000 databases directly, so the upgrade may be unnecessary. Are there features of SSRS 2005 which are unavailable when creating reports from a SS2000 database? Be very specific if you are able. Thanks When talking about databases and version you need to consider two things. The database that the report is based on and the location of the databases used internally by Reporting Services. RS can report...

SQL Reports
Dear All i want to modify the parameters of existing GP reports deployed by sql reporting wizard .How i modify reports? You can use Visual Studio 2005/2008 to modify the report definition language (.RDL) files. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "qurat" wrote: > Dear All > > i want to modify the parameters of existing GP reports deployed by sql > reporting wizard .How i modify reports? > > i cannot fi...

MS SQL DB Connection
Hi There, Actually i am very new to MS CRM & I have a very simple question. How should i grand a user to access CRM SQL database from the client machine. and he wanted to run the reports. i need the answer in details: either we need to give him access from the SQL Server or CRM Server. Many thanks in advance, & Waiting for your Precious reply. sab By 'run THE reports' , which reports do you mean? If you are going to use the ReportServices reports in CRM, the user needs access to CRM. If the user is going to use a SQL reporting tool, then they should still be a CRM user...

Error on CRM, SQL Server, SQL Reporting Services configuration doc
The file: "Additional Setup Tasks When Microsoft SQL Reporting Services Is Installed on a Separate Server from Microsoft CRM 3.0 or Microsoft SQL Server" contains an error that may result in confusion. On page 2-3, Configuration 2 (Figure 3) shows CRM and Reporting Services on a single server and SQL on a different server. Configuration 3 (Figure 4) shows Reporting Services on one server and CRM installed with SQL on the other server. On Page 4, the Configuration descriptions shown in the summary table are reversed. That is, Configuration 2 shows Server 1 with Reporting Ser...

SQL statement in VBA
Hi, I want to use this SQL code in VBA. SELECT Currencies.*, Countries.* FROM Countries RIGHT JOIN Currencies ON Countries.[Country ID] = Currencies. [Country ID]; Help appreciated on correct syntax. Thanks. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-modules/201002/1 hi, On 16.02.2010 10:41, killeronloose via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I want to use this SQL code in VBA. What do you like to do with it? imho the most common scenario: Public Sub Foo() Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Dim sql As String ...

Help with SQL statement
-- Jon Kahn Confluence Kayaks ...

Linking To Tables on SQL Server
I am using ODBC to link to tables on an SQL server. I am not able to link to all tables - I receive an "invalid argument" error message. The tables I am able to link to show "#deleted" in each field. I tried using "Alt F9 to refresh the data, but this did not work. The only way I can see the data is to import the tables. However, one table alone has over 2 million records!! Is there another application other than Access I should be using to access this data? -- All help greatly appreciated. Deb wrote: > I am using ODBC to link to tables on an SQL serve...

Microsoft SQL Analysis Services

Convert Access SQL to SQL
Hi All, I wrote this query (in access03) and then went to sql view and tried top copy and paste it into a button's on click event DoCmd.RunSQL "UPDATE tblAnimalBleedsStatus INNER JOIN tblCatalogPartNumbers ON tblAnimalBleedsStatus.CatalogNumber = tblCatalogPartNumbers.CatalogNumber SET tblAnimalBleedsStatus.FinalLotsWB = [tblCatalogPartNumbers]![WB]WHERE (((tblAnimalBleedsStatus.FinalLotsWB) Not Like '11*' And (tblAnimalBleedsStatus.FinalLotsWB) Not Like 'R&D' And (tblAnimalBleedsStatus.FinalLotsWB) Not Like '44*'));" I had to modify it by changing...

SQL
I have a field called daReportCreated which holds the date where the record is created. The date format is in dansih like this - 31-12-2007 15:08:00 I would like to take out the day+month and then count which day each year that have the most records. I found this help - SELECT DATE(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP); - returns a date (2004-06-22) But i don't know how to use it. Get the count of records for each day SELECT DateValue(daReportCreated) as TheDate , Count(daReportCreated) as TheCount FROM YourTable GROUP BY DateValue(daReportCreated) Get the maximum Count per year SELECT Year(TheDate)...

Linq to sql - object designer
Hi. I have a winform and a few texteditfields. These are bound to the result from a linq query: var person = ProjectGlobal.rd.ER_Persons.Single(c => c.LogonId == ALogonId.ToUpper()); The query gets the person of the entered logon-id. Next, the persons departments are feched: var sections = from s in ProjectGlobal.rd.ER_Person_Sections where s.Person_Id == person.Person_Id select s; The results from this query is databinded to a DataGridView. The result columns is Person_Id and Section_Code. And these two columns are then shown in t...

SQL Server 2008 and Windows 7
I am unable to add Window Authenticated logins to my instance of SQL Server 2008 (Developer Edition) running on Window 7. Everytime I try to add the login in SQL (via SSMS, or T-SQL code) I get SQL Error #15401 - Windows NT User or Group not found. I have went through the KB article 324321, and none of that was the issue, and I still have the problem. I have enabled all protocols, remote connections, disabled all 3 firewalls in windows 7 and disabled UAC, all to no avail. PLEASE HELP! Thanks, ...

sql problem
i have an update querry that should pull number out of a string.the strings are standardized(same). i thought it would be good to pull out the start position of the nummber and the end position of the number. here is the code for start position: Public Function isPocetakBroja(ByVal IngFactor As String) As Long Dim pocetakBroja, krajBroja, drugipocetakBroja As Long 'assumes that the FactorSum value is a number, and is a Long Integer. Select Case Left(IngFactor, 8) Case Is = "dov. zal" pocetakBroja = InStr(10, IngFactor, "dana (", vbTextCompare) + 6 drugipocetakBroja =...