Delete processes

I noticed that a when I building payroll check - I got message that posting
is in process.

If I go to the process monitor - I see the currently "stuck" processses. How
do I get rid of them. The remove button is grayed out. The suspend button
does not really do anything.

If I try to close GP I get the following message,

"Processes are currently being run that cannot be deleted. These processes
must be run to completion before you exit"

Thanks

0
nfp (120)

Only certian tasks can be aborted using the process monitor.  Posting tasks
are not included in that group.

If the task really is locked up, your only choice is to shut down GP using
the task manager.  You will need to check Batch Recovery and check the
account balances and the transactions being posted carefully.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"nfp" wrote:

> I noticed that a when I building payroll check - I got message that posting
> is in process.
>
> If I go to the process monitor - I see the currently "stuck" processses. How
> do I get rid of them. The remove button is grayed out. The suspend button
> does not really do anything.
>
> If I try to close GP I get the following message,
>
> "Processes are currently being run that cannot be deleted. These processes
> must be run to completion before you exit"
>
> Thanks

1
info4071 (3003)

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

Rule for Deleted Items

Delete macros

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Workflow process not working
Hello, I am trying to configure MS_CRM and I have created an email rule so when a new case is created, it is suppose to email the customer automatically with a case number. However, it is not working as needed. If I go to the Action tab and apply rule, then it will send the email. How can I make this work so it does it when the email is created? In the workflow manager I created the following: When case is created if Case.Case Number not nukk then E-mail Template:New Case Auto Reply end if Any thoughts and advice is much appreciated ...

Delete blank Last page

Two instances of Excel in the Start Bar only one process in Taskmanager
Hi, Apologies for the long subject line. I have a user who, when he opens Excel, gets 2 instances of any file he has opened in Excel (including Bool1.xls) in both the Applications page of Task Manager and the Start bar, but only one Process (Excel.exe) in the Processes tab of Task Manager. Both instances of Excel point to the same Excel window and there is only one window in that instance of Excel's main window (ie it's not the issue of a workbook being saved whilst two windows of the same file are open). I haven't a clue what is going on...has anyone seen this behaviour before? T...

Deleting an email

#Deleted

outlook deletes inbox mail
On about three occaisions, my computer has restarted itself while Outlook Express, and sometimes other applications have been open, without my prompting it to do so. Upon rebooting, my Outlook inbox messages are completely wiped out, however, my sent folders and deleted messages, address book, ect. remain the same, and with no data lost. Can someone tell me what has happened, or perhaps how I can recover these lost emails? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, C.C. Outlook or Outlook Express? If Outlook Express and you search your drive (use advanced option for hidden f...

Can I delete this from ADSI?
Hi all, I am upgrating Exchange 2K to Exchange 2K3 and removed the Mobile information Server (which we never used it). But, I can see the CN=Microsoft-Mobile-Information-Server under configuration -->Services from ADSIedit. Can I safely delete this? or If I do not delete this, wii it have any issue with exchange 2003 mobile? Thanks! Exchange Server 2003 mobility features do not rely on that. Saving a LDIF dump may be a good idea before you delete - this provides ability to recreate the object if required. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.e...

Can I recover deleted archived .pst files?
I accidently deleted all of my archived folders, now I need to recover them, is there any way? I had hundreds of e-mails saved that of course I need. Sue State your Outlook version and information store. State how you deleted the files. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "royalpei" <royalpei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8236C3C-C139-4B03-B2ED-5B135DE9DCC1@microsoft.com... >I accidently deleted all of my archived folders, now I need to recover >them, > is there any way? I had hundreds of e-mails saved that of course I need. > > Sue &q...

The custom tool 'MSDataSetGenerator' failed while processing the f
I get this message when trying to create a schema from an xml file. I am looking to see if the xml file is malformed, but just in case it isn't, has anyone come across this problem before? cashdeskmac wrote: > I get this message when trying to create a schema from an xml file. I am > looking to see if the xml file is malformed, but just in case it isn't, has > anyone come across this problem before? > Yeah it's quite stupid actually. There is a second error message that tells exactly what is wrong, but visual studio doesn't show it. To get the message yo...

Process to Setup Restricted Use
We need to setup restricted use on some of our users. We do not currently have security activated. Is there a procedure checklist anywhere on what needs to be done and in what order? Cheryl, If you have never setup security in GP, it can be loads of fun. Yes, first you have to enable security in the company setup and then establish rights for each user. The system is restrictive which means that after you turn on security and until you set a users limits, the user has full access, thus you wont stop work by turning on security. I looked for good documentation on GP security and cou...

To delete or not to delete
....and that is the question. I was presented with a rather interesting problem this morning. I wanted to manipulate the main menu in my SDI application...simple problem, simple solution: CMenu *pMenu = GetMenu(); // do whatever I need to do with the menu... Now here is the stumper of it all...what do I do with pMenu now? At first I thought that I should call delete on it, however after much thought and many questions later I realized that you should in fact NOT delete pMenu. Here's why: Since pMenu was not explicitly created by you, you do not own it. You are simply creating a point...

Permanently delete only mail from Blocked Senders?
Outlook 2003 Is it possible to configure Junk Email Options to do the following? - Permanently delete mail from Blocked Senders (without sending it to the Junk Email Folder)? - And have suspected junk email from as-yet-unblocked senders sent to the Junk Email Folder (to allow me to determine whether I want to block that sender)? It appears that the "Permanently delete suspected junk email instead of moving it to the Junk Email Folder" checkbox (Junk Email Options > Options tab) would delete suspected junk email from as-yet-unblocked senders -- some of which you might want to re...

I have Process Handle I want to get the Main Thread ID
Hey Friends I have Process Handle,Can we get Main Thread ID using this hProcess ? GetCurrentThreadID() is not what i want as my code is executing outsode the Process of which i am having the HANDLE. Plz Suggest Thanks in advance Take a look at the Tool Help functions. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/perfmon/base/tool_help_functions.asp -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "vikrant" <vikrant_kpr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23Aireb$kDHA.2652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hey Friends > > I have Process Handle,C...