Delete customer utility?

Does anyone have or know of a utility to make it easier to delete customers?
We have years and years of history for many customers and would like to
easily delete some old customers but there are SO many steps you must go
through to delete one customer at a time.
0
Elaine (443)

Years and Years of history?  Why?  Most firms find that more than 2-3 years
of history is well enough for planning and research.  If you occassionally
need more, make an archival copy of your data or create a research only copy
of your database.  Then purge all history older than a couple of years.  This
should free up MOST of your older customer accounts to be purged.

If you NEED this data, you need those customers.  Simply mark them Inactive
and adjust reports to drop inactive accounts.  You can also (using Smartlist
Builder) build SLs that drop inactive acccounts and run faster than the GP
provided Smartlists.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Elaine" wrote:

> Does anyone have or know of a utility to make it easier to delete customers?
> We have years and years of history for many customers and would like to
> easily delete some old customers but there are SO many steps you must go
> through to delete one customer at a time.
0
info4071 (3003)
7/15/2007 1:14:01 PM
It has come up with clients where they may want to delete all the history for
a single large client they no longer do business with. But would like to keep
the rest...

"Richard L. Whaley" wrote:

> Years and Years of history?  Why?  Most firms find that more than 2-3 years
> of history is well enough for planning and research.  If you occassionally
> need more, make an archival copy of your data or create a research only copy
> of your database.  Then purge all history older than a couple of years.  This
> should free up MOST of your older customer accounts to be purged.
>
> If you NEED this data, you need those customers.  Simply mark them Inactive
> and adjust reports to drop inactive accounts.  You can also (using Smartlist
> Builder) build SLs that drop inactive acccounts and run faster than the GP
> provided Smartlists.
>
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "Elaine" wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have or know of a utility to make it easier to delete customers?
> > We have years and years of history for many customers and would like to
> > easily delete some old customers but there are SO many steps you must go
> > through to delete one customer at a time.
0
Ger (61)
7/17/2007 5:54:00 PM
But you would also loose detail of sales, items sold to types of customers,
items sold per customer, items sold per zip, and other demographic analysis
of sales.....

OK, some people dont want this.....until the boss or the sales manager asks
for it 2-4 years from now.....

--

"Ger" wrote:

> It has come up with clients where they may want to delete all the history for
> a single large client they no longer do business with. But would like to keep
> the rest...
>
> "Richard L. Whaley" wrote:
>
> > Years and Years of history?  Why?  Most firms find that more than 2-3 years
> > of history is well enough for planning and research.  If you occassionally
> > need more, make an archival copy of your data or create a research only copy
> > of your database.  Then purge all history older than a couple of years.  This
> > should free up MOST of your older customer accounts to be purged.
> >
> > If you NEED this data, you need those customers.  Simply mark them Inactive
> > and adjust reports to drop inactive accounts.  You can also (using Smartlist
> > Builder) build SLs that drop inactive acccounts and run faster than the GP
> > provided Smartlists.
> >
> > --
> > Richard L. Whaley
> > Author / Consultant / MVP
> > Documentation for Software Users
> >
> > Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at
> > http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> >

> > "Elaine" wrote:
> >
> > > Does anyone have or know of a utility to make it easier to delete customers?
> > > We have years and years of history for many customers and would like to
> > > easily delete some old customers but there are SO many steps you must go
> > > through to delete one customer at a time.
0
info4071 (3003)
7/21/2007 6:46:01 PM
On Jul 15, 8:44 am, Elaine <Ela...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have or know of a utility to make it easier to delete customers?
> We have years and years of history for many customers and would like to
> easily delete some old customers but there are SO many steps you must go
> through to delete one customer at a time.

Professional Advantage makes a product called 'Company Data Archive'
that may assist you in purging some data without going through all of
the steps.  You will have an 'archive' company to back and look at and
add information to year to year.  In the words of Professional
Advantage "size matters".  Check it out at http://www.profad.com/.

0
leslievail1 (120)

Cannot delete subreport

customize lookup view filters
allow modifications to lookup view filters in order to display active OR inactive records ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5f27178f-9284-4c72-afde-b388848e6c...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Rule for Deleted Items

Customize Outlook Today #25
Wnen I click on Customize Outlook Today, nothing happens. I have reinstalled Microsoft Office 2000, but it did not correct the problem. I'm experiencing the same problem. >-----Original Message----- >Wnen I click on Customize Outlook Today, nothing happens. >I have reinstalled Microsoft Office 2000, but it did not >correct the problem. >. The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820...

Delete macros

Making changes to customizations.xml and re-importing
On one of my first installations, using the wizard, I made the mistake of renaming accounts to vendors. Using customization, I went into the account entity and changed every reference to vendor to account that I could. But in some of the public views, like when I click account using Internet Explorer the first column says vendor name. If I export customizations and open the customizations.xml in FrontPage I can find all the references to vendor name. [We have a graphic design department, so we are a little familiar with XML, but the inpact of changes on MS CRM 3.0. They feel it is s...

Tree customization
Actually the tree is very big, suppose I want to create my own folde based on mail rules, now also the tree is growing. But some of the tre nodes, I am not using, like Calendar, Notes, Journal, Tasks. So I want to group these under som folder or hide them. Is this possible with any customization? Ramesh ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com rameshkuamrp <rameshkuamrp.129tpz@outlookforum.com> wrote: > Actually the tree is very big, suppose I want to crea...

Possibility of use of the Microsoft CRM UI Controls in Customization
There are many dll files in wwwroot/bin directory. Is microsoft planing to expose dlls i.e UI controls for ISV customization later? they have not been exposed yet janet. also no word of any plans to do so "Janet" <jzou@menlogroup.com> wrote in message news:08d701c361ff$84c73b70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > There are many dll files in wwwroot/bin directory. Is > microsoft planing to expose dlls i.e UI controls for ISV > customization later? ...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

Deleting an email

#Deleted

Customer / Item Table Name
What is the name of the Customer / Item Table in the database? Thanks in advance! Can you please clarify? Are you looking the Historical Sales Transactions table.? "Banner" wrote: > What is the name of the Customer / Item Table in the database? Thanks in > advance! I think you're looking for the Sales Customer Item Cross Reference Table which is SOP60300 You may be looking for SOP60300. "Banner" wrote: > What is the name of the Customer / Item Table in the database? Thanks in > advance! That's it, thanks! Bryan "VGrinam" wrot...

Can I delete this from ADSI?
Hi all, I am upgrating Exchange 2K to Exchange 2K3 and removed the Mobile information Server (which we never used it). But, I can see the CN=Microsoft-Mobile-Information-Server under configuration -->Services from ADSIedit. Can I safely delete this? or If I do not delete this, wii it have any issue with exchange 2003 mobile? Thanks! Exchange Server 2003 mobility features do not rely on that. Saving a LDIF dump may be a good idea before you delete - this provides ability to recreate the object if required. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.e...

outlook deletes inbox mail
On about three occaisions, my computer has restarted itself while Outlook Express, and sometimes other applications have been open, without my prompting it to do so. Upon rebooting, my Outlook inbox messages are completely wiped out, however, my sent folders and deleted messages, address book, ect. remain the same, and with no data lost. Can someone tell me what has happened, or perhaps how I can recover these lost emails? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, C.C. Outlook or Outlook Express? If Outlook Express and you search your drive (use advanced option for hidden f...

MS CRM 4.0 Print Quote to Customer Mail Merge
Trying to print a quote for a customer with multiple line items in the new MS CRM 4.0 using the mail merge. When I start the merge it imports the line items as seperate recipients and creates a new page for each line item. Is there a way set up the merge so that the line items all print on a single page for a quote. I guess I also need to address that if the total number of line items exceed the space allowed on a sinle page then they need to rollover to a new page. Any help would be greatly appreciated. William Hi William I have been struggling with this for a while now and I w...

Can I recover deleted archived .pst files?
I accidently deleted all of my archived folders, now I need to recover them, is there any way? I had hundreds of e-mails saved that of course I need. Sue State your Outlook version and information store. State how you deleted the files. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "royalpei" <royalpei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8236C3C-C139-4B03-B2ED-5B135DE9DCC1@microsoft.com... >I accidently deleted all of my archived folders, now I need to recover >them, > is there any way? I had hundreds of e-mails saved that of course I need. > > Sue &q...