Default PO Price Different From Cost Prices in Item Card

The standard cost, current cost and the orginating invoice cost in the item
card are all the same (£2.11).

When creating a PO, the correct Unit Cost appears as long as the quantities
have not yet been changed.  However, once a quantity has been entered, the
Unit Cost changes to another figure (£12.89), which we're not sure where it's
being pulled from.

Has anyone experienced the same problem or have any thoughts on this matter?

Thank you

0
neil7418 (200)

If you have ordered this item before from the same vendor, you will have a
vendor item card.  That card records the last price paid to that vendor.  The
PO should NOT default to the current costs or standard costs, the PO needs to
match what your vendor is going to charge.  Sometimes this can be defaulted
from the vendor card (if your firm has a contract with the vendor for firm
pricing) but in most cases buyers need to confirm prices when creating the
PO.  The price on the PO will be used to create the receiving transaction and
then matched to the vendor's invoice.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"LM from O'Neil" wrote:

> The standard cost, current cost and the orginating invoice cost in the item
> card are all the same (£2.11).
>
> When creating a PO, the correct Unit Cost appears as long as the quantities
> have not yet been changed.  However, once a quantity has been entered, the
> Unit Cost changes to another figure (£12.89), which we're not sure where it's
> being pulled from.
>
> Has anyone experienced the same problem or have any thoughts on this matter?
>
> Thank you

0
info4071 (3004)
11/6/2007 12:54:01 AM
Thank you very much for your reply.

In this case, we've only purchased at the cost of £2.11 (which is also in
the vendor card).  I still unsure where the other figure is coming from.

"Richard Whaley -- MVP" wrote:

> If you have ordered this item before from the same vendor, you will have a
> vendor item card.  That card records the last price paid to that vendor.  The
> PO should NOT default to the current costs or standard costs, the PO needs to
> match what your vendor is going to charge.  Sometimes this can be defaulted
> from the vendor card (if your firm has a contract with the vendor for firm
> pricing) but in most cases buyers need to confirm prices when creating the
> PO.  The price on the PO will be used to create the receiving transaction and
> then matched to the vendor's invoice.
>
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "LM from O'Neil" wrote:
>
> > The standard cost, current cost and the orginating invoice cost in the item
> > card are all the same (£2.11).
> >
> > When creating a PO, the correct Unit Cost appears as long as the quantities
> > have not yet been changed.  However, once a quantity has been entered, the
> > Unit Cost changes to another figure (£12.89), which we're not sure where it's
> > being pulled from.
> >
> > Has anyone experienced the same problem or have any thoughts on this matter?
> >
> > Thank you

Are you purchasing in a different unit of measure than the base UOM for the
item?  For example, if the UOM Schedule has a base UOM of Kilograms and you
are purchasing in Grams.....

--

"LM from O''Neil" wrote:

> Thank you very much for your reply.
>
> In this case, we've only purchased at the cost of £2.11 (which is also in
> the vendor card).  I still unsure where the other figure is coming from.
>

> "Richard Whaley -- MVP" wrote:
>
> > If you have ordered this item before from the same vendor, you will have a
> > vendor item card.  That card records the last price paid to that vendor.  The
> > PO should NOT default to the current costs or standard costs, the PO needs to
> > match what your vendor is going to charge.  Sometimes this can be defaulted
> > from the vendor card (if your firm has a contract with the vendor for firm
> > pricing) but in most cases buyers need to confirm prices when creating the
> > PO.  The price on the PO will be used to create the receiving transaction and
> > then matched to the vendor's invoice.
> >
> > --
> > Richard L. Whaley
> > Author / Consultant / MVP
> > Documentation for Software Users
> >
> > Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at
> > http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> >

> > "LM from O'Neil" wrote:
> >
> > > The standard cost, current cost and the orginating invoice cost in the item
> > > card are all the same (£2.11).
> > >
> > > When creating a PO, the correct Unit Cost appears as long as the quantities
> > > have not yet been changed.  However, once a quantity has been entered, the
> > > Unit Cost changes to another figure (£12.89), which we're not sure where it's
> > > being pulled from.
> > >
> > > Has anyone experienced the same problem or have any thoughts on this matter?
> > >
> > > Thank you

0
info4071 (3004)
11/8/2007 3:02:00 AM
Hello,

The Base UOM is "each", which is the same as what we've used in all our PO's.

"Richard Whaley -- MVP" wrote:

> Are you purchasing in a different unit of measure than the base UOM for the
> item?  For example, if the UOM Schedule has a base UOM of Kilograms and you
> are purchasing in Grams.....
>
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "LM from O''Neil" wrote:
>
> > Thank you very much for your reply.
> >
> > In this case, we've only purchased at the cost of £2.11 (which is also in
> > the vendor card).  I still unsure where the other figure is coming from.
> >

> > "Richard Whaley -- MVP" wrote:
> >
> > > If you have ordered this item before from the same vendor, you will have a
> > > vendor item card.  That card records the last price paid to that vendor.  The
> > > PO should NOT default to the current costs or standard costs, the PO needs to
> > > match what your vendor is going to charge.  Sometimes this can be defaulted
> > > from the vendor card (if your firm has a contract with the vendor for firm
> > > pricing) but in most cases buyers need to confirm prices when creating the
> > > PO.  The price on the PO will be used to create the receiving transaction and
> > > then matched to the vendor's invoice.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Richard L. Whaley
> > > Author / Consultant / MVP
> > > Documentation for Software Users
> > >
> > > Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at
> > > http://www.AccoladePublications.com

Hello How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange 2007? Thanks! Look up: New-RecipientDomain Get-EMailAddressPolicy New-EMailAddressPolicy Set-EMailAddressPolicy -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOf%23x$$nKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange > 2007? > > Thanks! > We have a dedicated group for SBS...

workplace default pane default tab
Hi, Strange as it may seem, some users cannot find "Default tab" and "Default pane" to customize in the General tab of the Workplace (either in Client or Web Access). Even those who already used it, do no find it anymore. How can this be achieved (customization / programming)? Thanks a lot. ...

Form defaults
Hi, I have a button on a form that disables and rearranges controls. I think I went into design view it it pressed and that control arrangement became the default. I cannot change it back though. I tried clicking the button twice and everything goes back to how it should be in form view. Then when I go to design mode everything goes to the wrong defaults. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help. ...

Default Catagory
Is ther a way in Outlook 2002 and 2003 to set a default catagory to all new Calendar items when they are created i.e. "Work" and then add any others you require? Also can you add a catogory to all the existing items in the calendar again "Work" in one go without destorying any existing catogories? Thanks Shane ...

Change default outlook calendar
I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. How? David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. > > I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete > because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and > replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. > How? Create a new PST and set it to be your default delivery locat...

Initial PO Number at new store with HQ
We are setting up a new warehouse and have just added HQ. How do we set the strating PO number at the new store? We would like to prevent confusion with the PO's from the Stores by having an AUTOMATIC generated prefix or leading numbers as in.... WH0001233 for a warehouse PO S10000899 for a store 1 PO ...

Change default font and size for comments?
Does anyone know how to do the above? Many thanks Anita Hi Anita! Right-click on the desktop > Properties Appearance tab > Item dropdown, select Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK You'll see that you can change the font and colour as well. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font ...

Footer defaults
I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the default? -- Joe S. Hi create a new workbook with this footer and save this as a template (*.xlt file) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4D12465C-3586-4F79-A000-19AB582C456C@microsoft.com... > I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those > footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them th...

Internet interface is not displaying calendar items
We have Exchange Server 2003 installed on our own system. The interne interface goes great, no problem at all. But when we try to browse t another one's mailbox (different company, different server), we ca login, but we always get an empty calendar/agenda. Does this sound familiar to someone, and knows what to do?? Thanx, Smart ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Automated PO Receipt
Hello All, I'm working on a project which will utilize a handheld computer to do some warehouse tasks for us. I've managed to get many parts of this working, but I'm now struggling with how to do a simple PO Receipt. Basically, its a simple screen that lists the po number, the partnumber, and a qty field(and any other fields which turn out to be needed along the way) . Then, when the data is retrieved (via a barcode scanner, for most of the data) and judged complete, I'd like to call a stored procedure to properly put all that data in the proper locations. If I'm lucky...

Default organization not default
Hey, I changed my default organization of CRM. However when opening the default server URL. Still the old default organization is opened. Resetting IIS, clearing the Internet Explorer cache en even rebooting the server does not help. Does someone have more ideas?? Thx. Mirella try to disable the other organization and keep the only one . access it with default and post us if you get the error. ------ Aamir http://danishmscrm.blogspot.com/ I disabled all the organizations except the one I that needs to be de default. Opening CRM with the default URL the following error is displa...

default mail programme
Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. See my answer in your other thread. On 30/04/2010 14:01, Digs@officeformac.com wrote: > Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP (Macintosh) *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** ...

Setting the default contact list for Outlook 2007
When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact list, by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to make my Contact List the default? "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FED962FD-27E7-42BA-B0CE-FEA9256DDEC4@microsoft.com... > When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact > list, > by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to > make my Contact List the default? When that Address Book window opens, click Tool...

email default
I set up my outlook as my email default (the same as in outlook 2000). The difference in 2007 is that whenever I sign on to outlook, it totally empties my aol mail box. With 2000, I got my mail but it also stayed in aol. How can I change this? Change the Advanced tab on your Account Properties to leave the messages on the server. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "Fran" <Fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Changing & recalculating default values on a form
There are a number of occassions in my application where I use a calculated control (1) as the default value for an unbound control (2). Most of the time the user will accept this value and move forward; however, if one of the underlying values upon which the calculated control (1) is based changes, I would like the value of the unbound control (2) to be updated. I do not want to bind the control (2), because there will also be a few times when the user will need to change its (2) value independent of the value calculated in Control (1) Can I do this? Thanks so much. =?Utf-8?B?TGVM...

Expnaded Line Item descrription
Hi, Need some help. We want to have an expanded description for a line item on a sales order and invoice. I was thinking of using the line item field note, but how do you get it to print on the order/invoice. Thanks in advance. Dexter Southerland How many characters of description do you need? The description field in the item card can be expanded as well as the description field on the sales order/invoice. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Frank, They want to write a lot. Somtimes a paragraph. It. will be an extended description or special...

? change default line style from solid to dotted
In Format Cell Borders Line Style I use a dash or dotted box around cells rather than the solid line that is the default setting. How do I select a different line as the default. ...

Default Meeting Times
I am trying to re-set the default meeting times to either 25 minutes or 55 minutes. I am working on implementing processes whereby people are given 5 minutes in between meetings for whatever reason and it is to easy to default to the 30 and 60 minute time frames. Is this possible? "Stacey" <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4344BCCF-018D-44A2-9FED-0D0695B101A5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to re-set the default meeting times to either 25 minutes or 55 > minutes. I am working on implementing processes whereby people are given 5 > ...

INBOX: There are no items to show in this view
Hi, I have some users who were on an NT workstation using Outlook 2000 with Exchange Server 5.5 on our network. They received a brand new PC with Windows 2000 on it. When making sure their mail would open correctly, the messages in the Inbox are there but not viewable ("There are no items to show in this view"). They can view messages in any of the subfolders of the Inbox but not the Inbox itself as well as the Sent and Deleted Items boxes. They do not have any filters running. The only difference I saw was that one was using a Microsoft Outlook Profile instead of MS Exchan...

using my Money 2005 file on two different computers
I use MS Money 2005 for my personal financle data. My Money file lives on my computer. I want to have my bookkeeper enter data into this file. I want to be able to have her work on the data from her computer which is networked to my computer. We have tried opening the file from her computer over the network with no sucess. We can see the file but the password does not work. We have tried burning the file to a CD but when we try to open the file from her computer we can get the password to work. The same thing that happens when we try to restore a backup on her computer. We tried usi...

Deleted Item Recovery #2
Not every item that is being deleted is showing up in the deleted item recovery listing. It seems pretty random as to the emails that don't show up. Any thoughts on why this might be? I am using Exchange 2003 anything that is subjected to a regular "delete", then goes to the "Deleted items" folder within the DIR time frame, will appear in the dumpster...items that are "shift deleted" will not...unless you do this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178630 "troy" <troyds@deltaprocess(NoSpam).com> wrote in message new...

default zoom
Is there a way to change the default zoom in Publisher? Mine is 37%. I would prefer it to be 75% by default. Default Zoom Add-in v1.0 http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/add-ins There is always F9. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "hj" <hj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B474FAD1-BAC2-4518-BAF3-4049A635ADE2@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to change the default zoom in Publisher? Mine is 37%. I would > prefer it to be 75% by default. > > Thanks, Mary. I think the download probably won't work for...

how to change the default position of a comment box
If a cell with a comment assigned to it is towards the edge of the (RH) side of the window, the comment box will only be partially visible. Can the default position of these boxes be changed to f.i. LH side of the cell? I know that during editing the text box position can be changed but that is not reflected permanently afterwards. I don't think you can change the default position of the comment. But you could use a macro to reposition them each time the workbook opens. Debra Dalgleish has some code that may help you get started at: http://contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Reset Yo...

Extract credit card numbers form database
I have a client that needs to extract the credit cards numbers from RMS for the month of April so she can re-enter them using a new credit card processor. Is there a SQL command to do this? They are using RMS 2.0. Thanks in advance Phil One of the security features new to 2.0 is that only the last 4 digits of the number are kept in the rms database. Normally credit cards get processed the same day the transaction was made, so there is no need to 're-enter' or the customers would get double charged. If they were not doing EDC processing with a card company, and the number wa...