Default company for user?

We setup our clients with at least 3 companies to access, Fabrikam, a test
company (with their setup) and a live company.  They would like the live
company to be their default company when they log into GP.  Is it possible to
assign a default company to a user?

On May 8, 6:45 am, Danelle Sloboda
<DanelleSlob...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> We setup our clients with at least 3 companies to access, Fabrikam, a test
> company (with their setup) and a live company.  They would like the live
> company to be their default company when they log into GP.  Is it possible to
> assign a default company to a user?

Yes you can do that...
Simple , modify Company Login windows and added VBA Code to select
Defualt Company from the list

but note that youser can select another company if he changing the list

0
info2256 (101)
5/8/2007 7:34:32 AM
This also is something not "out of the box" for Dynamics.  This one isn't as
trivial as the other question you asked but not very difficult.  You
probably would have to use Dexterity for this one unless you know that every
user has access to all 3 companies (so the drop list is the same for each
login).  it wouldn't be very difficult to create a window where you choose
the User & Company and then a trigger on the Switch Company window to change
the drop list to that company.

patrick
developer support

"Danelle Sloboda" <DanelleSloboda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D1C67685-9270-4C82-A09E-8E603B9DECB5@microsoft.com...
> We setup our clients with at least 3 companies to access, Fabrikam, a test
> company (with their setup) and a live company.  They would like the live
> company to be their default company when they log into GP.  Is it possible
> assign a default company to a user?

0
prot1 (1345)
5/9/2007 12:31:19 AM
Great - thanks!

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> This also is something not "out of the box" for Dynamics.  This one isn't as
> trivial as the other question you asked but not very difficult.  You
> probably would have to use Dexterity for this one unless you know that every
> user has access to all 3 companies (so the drop list is the same for each
> login).  it wouldn't be very difficult to create a window where you choose
> the User & Company and then a trigger on the Switch Company window to change
> the drop list to that company.
>
> patrick
> developer support

> "Danelle Sloboda" <DanelleSloboda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:D1C67685-9270-4C82-A09E-8E603B9DECB5@microsoft.com...
> > We setup our clients with at least 3 companies to access, Fabrikam, a test
> > company (with their setup) and a live company.  They would like the live
> > company to be their default company when they log into GP.  Is it possible
> > assign a default company to a user?

Hello How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange 2007? Thanks! Look up: New-RecipientDomain Get-EMailAddressPolicy New-EMailAddressPolicy Set-EMailAddressPolicy -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOf%23x$$nKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange > 2007? > > Thanks! > We have a dedicated group for SBS...

workplace default pane default tab
Hi, Strange as it may seem, some users cannot find "Default tab" and "Default pane" to customize in the General tab of the Workplace (either in Client or Web Access). Even those who already used it, do no find it anymore. How can this be achieved (customization / programming)? Thanks a lot. ...

Forwarding incoming emails to multiple users or administrator
How can I forward and incoming email to another email account or to my administrator account without deleting the incoming email and the person knowing they're being spy on. Working with Exchange 2003. Can someone help me with this? Thanks in advance. You can either forward it to the mailbox and alternate recipient by going to user properties | Exchange General tab | Delivery Options | Forwarding Address and selecting the alt. recipient and checking "Deliver messages to both forwarding address and mailbox"; or you can move mailbox to another Store and enable journaling on t...

Form defaults
Hi, I have a button on a form that disables and rearranges controls. I think I went into design view it it pressed and that control arrangement became the default. I cannot change it back though. I tried clicking the button twice and everything goes back to how it should be in form view. Then when I go to design mode everything goes to the wrong defaults. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help. ...

Default Catagory
Is ther a way in Outlook 2002 and 2003 to set a default catagory to all new Calendar items when they are created i.e. "Work" and then add any others you require? Also can you add a catogory to all the existing items in the calendar again "Work" in one go without destorying any existing catogories? Thanks Shane ...

Change default outlook calendar
I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. How? David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. > > I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete > because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and > replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. > How? Create a new PST and set it to be your default delivery locat...

Change default font and size for comments?
Does anyone know how to do the above? Many thanks Anita Hi Anita! Right-click on the desktop > Properties Appearance tab > Item dropdown, select Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK You'll see that you can change the font and colour as well. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font ...

Footer defaults
I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the default? -- Joe S. Hi create a new workbook with this footer and save this as a template (*.xlt file) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4D12465C-3586-4F79-A000-19AB582C456C@microsoft.com... > I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those > footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them th...

Default organization not default
Hey, I changed my default organization of CRM. However when opening the default server URL. Still the old default organization is opened. Resetting IIS, clearing the Internet Explorer cache en even rebooting the server does not help. Does someone have more ideas?? Thx. Mirella try to disable the other organization and keep the only one . access it with default and post us if you get the error. ------ Aamir http://danishmscrm.blogspot.com/ I disabled all the organizations except the one I that needs to be de default. Opening CRM with the default URL the following error is displa...

Setting the default contact list for Outlook 2007
When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact list, by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to make my Contact List the default? "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FED962FD-27E7-42BA-B0CE-FEA9256DDEC4@microsoft.com... > When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact > list, > by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to > make my Contact List the default? When that Address Book window opens, click Tool...

default mail programme
Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. See my answer in your other thread. On 30/04/2010 14:01, Digs@officeformac.com wrote: > Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP (Macintosh) *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** ...

?Expand Link each month w/o User intervention
I am fairly novice at charting. I have (many) charts that are linked t a 'link sheet' that reads a download - that is downloaded monthly. My question is, when creating the linksheet and charts is there anywa to automatically change the range my chart is looking at without use intervention? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks, Jil -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Yes. See the Dynamic Charts page of my web site. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions...

email default
I set up my outlook as my email default (the same as in outlook 2000). The difference in 2007 is that whenever I sign on to outlook, it totally empties my aol mail box. With 2000, I got my mail but it also stayed in aol. How can I change this? Change the Advanced tab on your Account Properties to leave the messages on the server. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "Fran" <Fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

add external users to group/address list
Hi... Our finance department requested to have an address list and a group that contains users from our domain and finance users from an external domain, all to be displayed in the same address list or group. I tried creating mail enabled users for external users but didnt work. What is the right method? Thanks Mail-enabled contacts. taco wrote: > Hi... > > Our finance department requested to have an address list and a group that > contains users from our domain and finance users from an external domain, all > to be displayed in the same address list or group. > ...

Changing & recalculating default values on a form
There are a number of occassions in my application where I use a calculated control (1) as the default value for an unbound control (2). Most of the time the user will accept this value and move forward; however, if one of the underlying values upon which the calculated control (1) is based changes, I would like the value of the unbound control (2) to be updated. I do not want to bind the control (2), because there will also be a few times when the user will need to change its (2) value independent of the value calculated in Control (1) Can I do this? Thanks so much. =?Utf-8?B?TGVM...

? change default line style from solid to dotted
In Format Cell Borders Line Style I use a dash or dotted box around cells rather than the solid line that is the default setting. How do I select a different line as the default. ...

Updating Exchange 2000 user contacts
I'm trying to syncronize database information from an AS/400 CSV file into an Exchange 2000 users contact list. I have searched for information but am having trouble finding any. A point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Jaime ...

Default Meeting Times
I am trying to re-set the default meeting times to either 25 minutes or 55 minutes. I am working on implementing processes whereby people are given 5 minutes in between meetings for whatever reason and it is to easy to default to the 30 and 60 minute time frames. Is this possible? "Stacey" <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4344BCCF-018D-44A2-9FED-0D0695B101A5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to re-set the default meeting times to either 25 minutes or 55 > minutes. I am working on implementing processes whereby people are given 5 > ...

Prevent users from deleting Junk E-mail folder
Is there any way to prevent our users from deleting their private "Junk E-mail" folders? - Thanks, Ted ...

Open Other User's Folder remembers only 10
Currently the Outlook 2000 File menu option of "Open/Other User's Folder" remembers 10 of the most recently opened folders, and then the old ones drop off the end when the 11th folder is opened. Is there any way to modify that so it will remember more than 10? Any help appreciated. Thanks! Phil Outlook 2000 with E2K3 backend. No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlo...

how to change the default position of a comment box
If a cell with a comment assigned to it is towards the edge of the (RH) side of the window, the comment box will only be partially visible. Can the default position of these boxes be changed to f.i. LH side of the cell? I know that during editing the text box position can be changed but that is not reflected permanently afterwards. I don't think you can change the default position of the comment. But you could use a macro to reposition them each time the workbook opens. Debra Dalgleish has some code that may help you get started at: http://contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Reset Yo...

default zoom
Is there a way to change the default zoom in Publisher? Mine is 37%. I would prefer it to be 75% by default. Default Zoom Add-in v1.0 http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/add-ins There is always F9. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "hj" <hj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B474FAD1-BAC2-4518-BAF3-4049A635ADE2@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to change the default zoom in Publisher? Mine is 37%. I would > prefer it to be 75% by default. > > Thanks, Mary. I think the download probably won't work for...

Limited User unable to access MNY file
Hi, I use Money 2003, Windows XP Pro. A "limited user account" is unable to open or write to *.mny files even though I put the files in the shared documents folder. If I change the permission level to "Administrator", the files can be opened. I don't want to allow administrator privileges if possible. Can anyone tell me how to allow limited users access to the mny files? Thanks in advance. -- --Nick I think that was one of the limitations of M2003. It is fixed in M2004. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.co...

single user mode
Hi, I need to be able to establish an exclusive connection to the database and do a restore to it. Nobody, can be connected to that database prior to the restore. Also, I need to be able to schedule it to run on a daily basis. I tried putting that db in a single user mode and then do the restored in a transaction but I got the error that the restore command is not allowed in the begin tran commit tran. How can I accomplish that? tolcis (nytollydba@gmail.com) writes: > I need to be able to establish an exclusive connection to the database > and do a restore to it. Nobody, c...