Default Company at Login

What determines the default company that is displayed to the user at login?

Is it simply alphabetical or is there somewhere to set as the default?

i.e if we have 3 companies ABC-Company, 123_Company and All Other Company,
Inc., can All Other Company, Inc. be forced as the default presented to the
user?

Thanks

0
jeffrkele (53)

------=_NextPart_0001_70567BB1

If there is only 1 company in the list, the list will default to that
company.  If there is more than 1 company, nothing will default.

You could do this trivially with Dexterity if you are or have access to a
Dexterity programmer.  Or you might be able to use VBA but that's a bit
more difficult as VBA cannot read the values in the drop list to be able to
pick "123_company".  You could write VBA I suppose to query the SY60100
table, find the record number and select the DDL from there if you wanted I
suppose.

patrick
mbs dev support

--------------------
From: "JDR" <jeffrkele@hotmail.com>
Subject: Default Company at Login
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:30:53 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains

What determines the default company that is displayed to the user at login?

Is it simply alphabetical or is there somewhere to set as the default?

i.e if we have 3 companies ABC-Company, 123_Company and All Other Company,
Inc., can All Other Company, Inc. be forced as the default presented to the
user?

Thanks

------=_NextPart_0001_70567BB1

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 If there is only 1 company in the list, the list will default to that company.  If there is more than 1 company, nothing will default.
\par
\par You could do this trivially with Dexterity if you are or have access to a Dexterity programmer.  Or you might be able to use VBA but that's a bit more difficult as VBA cannot read the values in the drop list to be able to pick "123_company".  You could write VBA I suppose to query the SY60100 table, find the record number and select the DDL from there if you wanted I suppose.
\par
\par patrick
\par mbs dev support
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par From: "JDR" <jeffrkele@hotmail.com>
\par Subject: Default Company at Login
\par Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:30:53 -0500
\par Lines: 11
\par X-Priority: 3
\par X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
\par X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869
\par X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
\par X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2869
\par Message-ID: <e0uqoJYlGHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>
\par Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par NNTP-Posting-Host: mail.kele.com 65.14.62.254
\par Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl
\par Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.greatplains:31016
\par X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par
\par What determines the default company that is displayed to the user at login?
\par
\par Is it simply alphabetical or is there somewhere to set as the default?
\par
\par i.e if we have 3 companies ABC-Company, 123_Company and All Other Company,
\par Inc., can All Other Company, Inc. be forced as the default presented to the
\par user?
\par
\par Thanks
\par
\par
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_70567BB1--

0
prot (52)
6/22/2006 2:46:35 AM
Omni Tools from Winthrop Dexterity Consultants (www.winthropdc.com) will
default in the last used company.  It's not the primary function of their
software (which has password controls, inactivity log-out, and other stuff).

As Patrick said, this is a trivial modification.  I'll add this to our
Shareware software and post in on the website.

Brenner
--
Check out our Shareware for Dynamics GP!
www.KlenzmanConsulting.com

"Patrick[MSFT]" wrote:

> If there is only 1 company in the list, the list will default to that
> company.  If there is more than 1 company, nothing will default.
>
> You could do this trivially with Dexterity if you are or have access to a
> Dexterity programmer.  Or you might be able to use VBA but that's a bit
> more difficult as VBA cannot read the values in the drop list to be able to
> pick "123_company".  You could write VBA I suppose to query the SY60100
> table, find the record number and select the DDL from there if you wanted I
> suppose.
>
> patrick
> mbs dev support
>
> --------------------
> From: "JDR" <jeffrkele@hotmail.com>
> Subject: Default Company at Login
> Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:30:53 -0500
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
>
> What determines the default company that is displayed to the user at login?
>
> Is it simply alphabetical or is there somewhere to set as the default?
>
> i.e if we have 3 companies ABC-Company, 123_Company and All Other Company,
> Inc., can All Other Company, Inc. be forced as the default presented to the
> user?
>
> Thanks

workplace default pane default tab
Hi, Strange as it may seem, some users cannot find "Default tab" and "Default pane" to customize in the General tab of the Workplace (either in Client or Web Access). Even those who already used it, do no find it anymore. How can this be achieved (customization / programming)? Thanks a lot. ...

Hello How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange 2007? Thanks! Look up: New-RecipientDomain Get-EMailAddressPolicy New-EMailAddressPolicy Set-EMailAddressPolicy -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOf%23x$$nKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange > 2007? > > Thanks! > We have a dedicated group for SBS...

Form defaults
Hi, I have a button on a form that disables and rearranges controls. I think I went into design view it it pressed and that control arrangement became the default. I cannot change it back though. I tried clicking the button twice and everything goes back to how it should be in form view. Then when I go to design mode everything goes to the wrong defaults. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help. ...

Default Catagory
Is ther a way in Outlook 2002 and 2003 to set a default catagory to all new Calendar items when they are created i.e. "Work" and then add any others you require? Also can you add a catogory to all the existing items in the calendar again "Work" in one go without destorying any existing catogories? Thanks Shane ...

Change default outlook calendar
I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. How? David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. > > I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete > because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and > replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. > How? Create a new PST and set it to be your default delivery locat...

Change default font and size for comments?
Does anyone know how to do the above? Many thanks Anita Hi Anita! Right-click on the desktop > Properties Appearance tab > Item dropdown, select Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK You'll see that you can change the font and colour as well. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font ...

Footer defaults
I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the default? -- Joe S. Hi create a new workbook with this footer and save this as a template (*.xlt file) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4D12465C-3586-4F79-A000-19AB582C456C@microsoft.com... > I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those > footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them th...

Default organization not default
Hey, I changed my default organization of CRM. However when opening the default server URL. Still the old default organization is opened. Resetting IIS, clearing the Internet Explorer cache en even rebooting the server does not help. Does someone have more ideas?? Thx. Mirella try to disable the other organization and keep the only one . access it with default and post us if you get the error. ------ Aamir http://danishmscrm.blogspot.com/ I disabled all the organizations except the one I that needs to be de default. Opening CRM with the default URL the following error is displa...

default mail programme
Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. See my answer in your other thread. On 30/04/2010 14:01, Digs@officeformac.com wrote: > Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP (Macintosh) *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** ...

email default
I set up my outlook as my email default (the same as in outlook 2000). The difference in 2007 is that whenever I sign on to outlook, it totally empties my aol mail box. With 2000, I got my mail but it also stayed in aol. How can I change this? Change the Advanced tab on your Account Properties to leave the messages on the server. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "Fran" <Fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Setting the default contact list for Outlook 2007
When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact list, by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to make my Contact List the default? "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FED962FD-27E7-42BA-B0CE-FEA9256DDEC4@microsoft.com... > When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact > list, > by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to > make my Contact List the default? When that Address Book window opens, click Tool...

SQL Error Capturing Logins
Running SQL 2005 SP1 / Dynamics 9.0 Attempting to use Techknowledge 878449 Capture Logins script to create a test server. Getting the following error running the script: "Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Procedure seeMigrateSQLLogins, Line 26 Invalid object name 'sys.sql_Logins'." ...

? change default line style from solid to dotted
In Format Cell Borders Line Style I use a dash or dotted box around cells rather than the solid line that is the default setting. How do I select a different line as the default. ...

Changing & recalculating default values on a form
There are a number of occassions in my application where I use a calculated control (1) as the default value for an unbound control (2). Most of the time the user will accept this value and move forward; however, if one of the underlying values upon which the calculated control (1) is based changes, I would like the value of the unbound control (2) to be updated. I do not want to bind the control (2), because there will also be a few times when the user will need to change its (2) value independent of the value calculated in Control (1) Can I do this? Thanks so much. =?Utf-8?B?TGVM...

Default Meeting Times
I am trying to re-set the default meeting times to either 25 minutes or 55 minutes. I am working on implementing processes whereby people are given 5 minutes in between meetings for whatever reason and it is to easy to default to the 30 and 60 minute time frames. Is this possible? "Stacey" <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4344BCCF-018D-44A2-9FED-0D0695B101A5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to re-set the default meeting times to either 25 minutes or 55 > minutes. I am working on implementing processes whereby people are given 5 > ...

default zoom
Is there a way to change the default zoom in Publisher? Mine is 37%. I would prefer it to be 75% by default. Default Zoom Add-in v1.0 http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/add-ins There is always F9. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "hj" <hj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B474FAD1-BAC2-4518-BAF3-4049A635ADE2@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to change the default zoom in Publisher? Mine is 37%. I would > prefer it to be 75% by default. > > Thanks, Mary. I think the download probably won't work for...

how to change the default position of a comment box
If a cell with a comment assigned to it is towards the edge of the (RH) side of the window, the comment box will only be partially visible. Can the default position of these boxes be changed to f.i. LH side of the cell? I know that during editing the text box position can be changed but that is not reflected permanently afterwards. I don't think you can change the default position of the comment. But you could use a macro to reposition them each time the workbook opens. Debra Dalgleish has some code that may help you get started at: http://contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Reset Yo...

Hyperlink opens in internet explorer and not default
I am running Windows 7 and Office 2003. In one of my Access data bases, I have hyperlinks that point to jpg files. The default is set to open jpg files in Windows Photo Viewer. The hyperlink opens them in Internet Explorer instead. I can't figure out why and would like to know how to fix it to open to the default. -- NoviceDave The Hyperlink protocol defaults to opening in IE. I would change the hyperlink to a text field and remove all references to the protocol. Then use ShellExecute to open the file in the default program.: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018....

Changing default Print copies
Hi, I have a workbook that has a worksheet with default printing copies of 3. Even when I go to page setup and change the number of copies to print to 1 it will automatically revert to 3 the next time I bring up the print dialog. I have also looked through the VBA editor at the worksheet for any oddities and have found none. Does anyone know how to change this permanently? Thanks in advance. Pach >Even when I go to page setup and change the number of copies to > print to 1 it will automatically revert to 3 the next time I bring up > the print dialog. Look at the defaults for you...

Problem to login to ms crm 3.0 by iexplorer
Hello, friends! I add new custom object in customization. After that i can't login to CRM by iexplorer. CRM show me this error message: Server Error in '/' Application. Privilege Type Read not defined on entity 'New_clitype2'. Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.InvalidPrivilegeTypeException: Privilege Type Read not defined on entity 'New_clitype2'. Stack Trace: [InvalidPrivilegeTypeException: Privilege Type Read not defined on entity 'New_clitype2'.] Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.EntityMetadata.GetPrivilege(PrivilegeType privilegeType) +151 Microsoft.Crm.Securi...

Default Recipient Polices
We have two recipient polices for our single Exchange environment. One is the default policy and the other is the one for our organization, specifically. My question is; are the mailbox manager settings enabled if we don't have the check box selected in the "change property pages" dialog box when right clicking on the policy? We currently have it set to the default settings of deleting items over 30 days old if larger than 1028 kb. I basically want to know is the mailbox manager going to delete items from folks' inbox's if we have it set to run once a week by defa...

Web Ports? CRM, default site? Exchange?
Mucho perplexed here! Microsoft recommends CRM being the only site set to port 80. In order to to this I have to change the other sites... If I change my default site port I cannot access exchange in my browser. If I change my comapany web port the links don't work anymore... If I change the CRM website port the host header stops working... Does anyone have a recommendation for this type of situation? And why does CRM need it's own port? When people host multiple websites do they really need a different port for each? Thanks ahead of time for any help! On version 1.2 Micro...

Print 941 in 1 company but break it down by various companies
Customer is tracking more than one company (Div/Dept) in one single company of Great Plains. Would like the ability to print a 941 report from the one company, but have this broken out (by Div/Dept) as if it was multiple companies - but all on the same report. Does not want to use the Cross-Company reports. ...

Pager country defaults to US always
Outlook 2000 (though I've even tried on Outlook 2002 too) I select the Pager and then in the Check Phone Number popup select 'Canada' for country and enter the correct area code and phone number. Click OK, the pager has added +1 in front. I double click to get the popup again, the Country is set to 'United States of America'. I again reselect the Canada and click ok. Same thing. However, when setting phone number the country is properly set as Canada. No idea what's happening there, but looks to me like a bug. On my Windows I have Regional Settings set to Canada...