DBMS: 10054 random error

Hi,

Our setup is as follows:
1- TerminalServer with GP9 client
2- SQL server 2005 x64
Both are connected on same switch

Now, everyday, randomly, a user will get disconnected with a general error:

The stored procedure PopulateRMOpenTempTable, Pass Through
SQL returned the following results: DBMS: 10054, Microsoft Dynamics GP

Any ideas?
0
trumpet (2)

We also have this issue with a customer running Dynamics 10.0 on a SQL 2005
Server.  Immediately following this error another error -  A SQL Connection
error occurs.  So following the first error the client machine is
disconnected from the SQL server.  Have not found any answers yet....

"trumpet" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Our setup is as follows:
> 1- TerminalServer with GP9 client
> 2- SQL server 2005 x64
> Both are connected on same switch
>
> Now, everyday, randomly, a user will get disconnected with a general error:
>
> The stored procedure PopulateRMOpenTempTable, Pass Through
> SQL returned the following results: DBMS: 10054, Microsoft Dynamics GP
>
> Any ideas?
After lots of investigating, we found out that the source of the problem was
Load Balancing. We use the Network Load Balancing Service to distribute the
load to our terminal servers (with the Great Plains client on them).

Turning off Load Balancing stopped the random disconnect errors. We are
currently investigating this deeper with Microsoft.

"alan_bringardner" wrote:

> We also have this issue with a customer running Dynamics 10.0 on a SQL 2005
> Server.  Immediately following this error another error -  A SQL Connection
> error occurs.  So following the first error the client machine is
> disconnected from the SQL server.  Have not found any answers yet....
>
> "trumpet" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Our setup is as follows:
> > 1- TerminalServer with GP9 client
> > 2- SQL server 2005 x64
> > Both are connected on same switch
> >
> > Now, everyday, randomly, a user will get disconnected with a general error:
> >
> > The stored procedure PopulateRMOpenTempTable, Pass Through
> > SQL returned the following results: DBMS: 10054, Microsoft Dynamics GP
> >
> > Any ideas?
0
trumpet (2)
12/18/2007 9:28:02 PM
Thanks.  I know our customer has a termserver, but not multiple termservers
so you wouldn't think clustering would be setup.  Still, it is good
information and I will look at that server tommorow.

thanks.

alan

"trumpet" wrote:

> After lots of investigating, we found out that the source of the problem was
> Load Balancing. We use the Network Load Balancing Service to distribute the
> load to our terminal servers (with the Great Plains client on them).
>
> Turning off Load Balancing stopped the random disconnect errors. We are
> currently investigating this deeper with Microsoft.
>
> "alan_bringardner" wrote:
>
> > We also have this issue with a customer running Dynamics 10.0 on a SQL 2005
> > Server.  Immediately following this error another error -  A SQL Connection
> > error occurs.  So following the first error the client machine is
> > disconnected from the SQL server.  Have not found any answers yet....
> >
> > "trumpet" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Our setup is as follows:
> > > 1- TerminalServer with GP9 client
> > > 2- SQL server 2005 x64
> > > Both are connected on same switch
> > >
> > > Now, everyday, randomly, a user will get disconnected with a general error:
> > >
> > > The stored procedure PopulateRMOpenTempTable, Pass Through
> > > SQL returned the following results: DBMS: 10054, Microsoft Dynamics GP
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
Hi All,
I am experiencing something similar when the client generates the Historical
Aged Trial Balance report.  The report fails and the DBMS 10054 error
happens.  It does not boot anyone of the terminal server and it is random
(sometimes the report prints and the User ID does not seem to make a
difference.)

Has anyone found a resolution?  Thanks, in advance.
Jeanne

"alan_bringardner" wrote:

> Thanks.  I know our customer has a termserver, but not multiple termservers
> so you wouldn't think clustering would be setup.  Still, it is good
> information and I will look at that server tommorow.
>
> thanks.
>
> alan
>
> "trumpet" wrote:
>
> > After lots of investigating, we found out that the source of the problem was
> > Load Balancing. We use the Network Load Balancing Service to distribute the
> > load to our terminal servers (with the Great Plains client on them).
> >
> > Turning off Load Balancing stopped the random disconnect errors. We are
> > currently investigating this deeper with Microsoft.
> >
> > "alan_bringardner" wrote:
> >
> > > We also have this issue with a customer running Dynamics 10.0 on a SQL 2005
> > > Server.  Immediately following this error another error -  A SQL Connection
> > > error occurs.  So following the first error the client machine is
> > > disconnected from the SQL server.  Have not found any answers yet....

I've encounter this issue yesterday and we have solved it buy installing the
following hotfix on our TS/Citrix environment.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;948496

Hope this helps....

"Jeanne Corbley" wrote:

> Hi All,
> I am experiencing something similar when the client generates the Historical
> Aged Trial Balance report.  The report fails and the DBMS 10054 error
> happens.  It does not boot anyone of the terminal server and it is random
> (sometimes the report prints and the User ID does not seem to make a
> difference.)
>
> Has anyone found a resolution?  Thanks, in advance.
> Jeanne
>
> "alan_bringardner" wrote:
>
> > Thanks.  I know our customer has a termserver, but not multiple termservers
> > so you wouldn't think clustering would be setup.  Still, it is good
> > information and I will look at that server tommorow.
> >
> > thanks.
> >
> > alan
> >
> > "trumpet" wrote:
> >
> > > After lots of investigating, we found out that the source of the problem was
> > > Load Balancing. We use the Network Load Balancing Service to distribute the
> > > load to our terminal servers (with the Great Plains client on them).
> > >
> > > Turning off Load Balancing stopped the random disconnect errors. We are
> > > currently investigating this deeper with Microsoft.

0
pat6918 (191)

Microsoft Access - ODBC Drivers error
While a user tries to log, with Internet Explorer, onto a MS ACCESS database application , which uses IIS and Active Server Pages, the following error comes: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error 80040e [Microsoft] [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too many client tasks. Hi, Microsoft Access allows up to 10 concurrent connections of "clients" at a given time. If you know that fewer than 10 connections are being used, then it is necessary to tell Access to close unused connections. Other newsgroup postings suggest: " connections to you database open. Make sure...

XmlSerializer instantiation error
Hello, I hope this is the right group to post this to. I'm trying to serialize a class I've written and I'd like to be able to serialze to both binary and xml formats. Binary serialization is working fine but when I try to instantiate an XmlSerializer object with: Dim xmls As New XmlSerializer(GetType(CLayerDefinition)) I get the following error: An unhandled exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' occurred in system.xml.dll Additional information: There was an error reflecting type 'xmlSerializeTest.CLayerDefinition'. Can anybody give me some poin...

Suddenly lots of random problems with Explorer?
This is really weird, and I don't often ask questions here, but I haven't been able to find an answer to this anywhere. I have a 2 year old Vista laptop, running with all the latest updates. 2GB of RAM, 120GB hard drive, Core 2 Duo CPU. It ran fine up until about 2 weeks ago. Suddenly I started noticing random weird things happening. First thing was that all my thumbnails disappeared, and I've never been able to get them back. Odd thing is Windows will show them for a split second, then hide them. So I don't think it's the cache, which I've rebuil...

DBMS: 8114 #2
Dear All, When I am trying to post entry from Fixed Assets to GL the following Errors will be occur in Microsoft GP 10.0 "The stored Procedure AagUpdateBrowseTypeForBRVoiedTRX returned the following results: DBMS: 8114, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 8114." Kindly help me out to resolve This problem... We have analytical accounting module enabled in Microsoft dynamics GP And we cannot disable it as it an integral component of our company=92s operations please Help me out in resolving this issue as the error is seriously damaging our operations as we Are unable to record fixed a...

RPC error #2
We had to replace a server (exch 5.5/NT 4.0) with a new server (EXCH 5.5/Wondows 2000) in the same site. I just noticed that the server does not replicate, and there are errors in the even log. An RPC communications error occurred. Unable to bind over RPC. Locality Table (LTAB) index: 72, NT/MTA error code:1722. Comms eror 1722, Bind error ), Remote server name nt-test [Main BASE 1 500%10] (14) Any idea how to fix the problem? I would appreciate any help. Check out: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323733 Also, you may want to test connectivity with RPCPing ...

Locating random cells by their value
What I actually want is to use the value of a cell which is next to another whose value is zero and which is going to be the only zero in that column. x y a c b d q 520 182 1 0 0 1 2 182 156 0 1 1 -2 1 156 26 1 -1 -2 3 6 26 0 -1 7 3 -20 #DIV/0! 0 #DIV/0! 7 #DIV/0! -20 #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! I want to try and indentify that...

80040305 error
I have migrated from Exchange 2000 from one server to another and discontinued the other server. The email works perfectly. The Public folders works perfectly except, when I go to add users to be reviewers, I keep getting this darn message that says, "Error ID 8004035. Exchange System Manager". I have been on tech net to resolve but all the items they have were of no value. Anyone else run into this problem? Jim Jim, Did you move the system folders to the new server before you discontinued the other server ? -- Jared Gradle Exchange Support Professional ****** Disclaimer...

HELP DBMS: 446, Great Plains: 0 What is it
Theres somebody how knows about the following ERROR MESSAGE DBMS: 446, Great Plains: 0 The window that showme the error message says: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Cannot Resolve collation complete for equal to operation, then when i acept this message tellme that some sp called popSelectPODocInquiry return thje following results: DBMS: 446, Great Plains: 0 ... this happens when I enter to the window query in: query>purchase> purchase orders documents, then include open purchase orders, historic purchase orders, and receipt orders... tks, Camilo Villa It mea...

Is there an Outlook 2003 Issue. I have problems! hit send/receive I get an error message
I have installed unistalled and installed again Microsoft Office Pro 2003. I still get the same problem. I have searched my machine with quite a few of the the Spyware programs, Ad-Aware and I have a 'paid' for virus protection program Trend/Micro. Noe of these throw up a problem I can deal with. XP PRo is the OS. I open Outlook and as soon as I hit send/receive I get an error message, closing down, save any files, report to MS. I do this the error reappears, I close down outlook, the error reappears and round and round we go. I cannot get into Outlook as the error message freezes...

Series class error
Am using a macro to create charts from table data. I keep getting this error message when Excel goes to produce the chart: Unable to get the points property of the Series class Can anyone help?! Heather - What is the line of code that gives this error? Post a subset of your macro that includes several lines, leading up to this point. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Heather wrote: > Am using a macro to create charts from table data. > > I keep getting this error message when Excel goes to > produ...

Small DBMS
I'm looking for a small DBMS to hold one data table with 10 columns (one of them is the data - varchar(max) avg is 1000 chars) and another few reference code tables. The data table has ~1M recs. The DBMS is to be installed on the application CD. The application is to search a record on the table by diffrent properties (the 10 columns on the data tabe) and return 1 record. The installation on the application disk has to be free (10K CDs are to be in the first version) Which DBMS would be good? MySql? Sql Express? XML file? On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 02:21:03 -0700, Gal <Gal@disc...

Random Sorting
Can anyone help? I have a sheet with the following data: Item, Price1, Price2, Price3, Price4, I want to sort the prices for each item randomly but not sorting the whole col together but sorting row for row eg. Item, Price3, Price2, Price4, Price1, Item, Price2, Price4, Price3, Price1, Item, Price1, Price2, Price3, Price4, And so on down the rows. I can sort the whole col. by using a rnd. number but that wont help as my prices are from low to high and I need them to be scattered but still relating to the correct items. Many thanks in advance, Des ...

Error code 646
My Windows Update has been following four "important updates": - 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 2 - Update for 2007 Microsoft Office System - Security Update for 2007 Microsoft Office System - Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 My problem is that when I try to install these updates (tried all four together and one alone), I get the following error message: Error found: Code 64.6 Windows Update has encountered an unknown error. Are there others who have had this error and have found a solution to the problem or just some who have a suggestion ...

Compile error
I'm trying to set up a multiselect listbox for a query parameter. I found a reference to http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0007.htm for code to accomplish this. However when I copied and pasted this code into my code window the last line - strSQL=left$(strSQL,len(strSQL)-12)) was highlighted in red. Debug shows it to be a syntax error. How do I correct this? -- Thanks for your help! Walter Correct me if I'm wrong, but do you not have 1 too many brackets??? Should it not be: strSQL = Left$(strSQL, Len(strSQL) - 12) -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault htt...

Runtime Error when starting Outlook
Hi, I'm sharing a computer with my girlfriend, running Windows XP and Office XP (all patched with everything Windows Update has to offer). One strange thing though, whenever one of us log on with our user, and starts Outlook this message occurs ********* OUTLOOK ERROR START *********** Microsoft Virual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\OUTLOOK.EXE This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. ********* OUTLOOK ERROR STOP ************ Upon cli...

Printing errors in excel
When I highlight some rows and colums to print, the matching column headers aren't printing right unless the size is reduced to 40% in print preview/setup. I have freezepanes set up on the left and top, and when I print out data, I have it set so all the freezepanes print as well. I have names across the top, and date of birth and other information below. When I hightlight the data below, the names don't match when I print with the data I hightlighted, unless i change the print size to less than 45%. Any ideas? I tried multiple versions of excel and several printers within ou...

Random exceeded storage allocation replies
I have many users who are no where near their quota, including myself, who have people telling them from time to time that they tried to send a small message with no attachment that gets rejected with the following: SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data: > host mail.usacycling.org [209.177.135.187]: 552 Requested mail > action aborted: > exceeded storage allocation Resending a few minutes later, the message goes through fine. We are using Exchange 2003 upgraded from Exchange 2000 running on Windows 2000 server. Any ideas why mail can't be a little more ...

I found this error 0X80040900 while working with Microsoft outloo.
When I click send and receive in outlook sending of email found correct but incoming mail shows this 0X80040900 error. How do I make it correct Question is very simle. ...

Email bouncing with error 5.2.3
HELP Using SBS2003 Exchange 2003 Receiving mail using POP3 If someone sends an email with an attachment greater than 4 meg it bounces with the Exchange error 5.2.3 which i understand means message too large or recipients mailbox full However in the global settings-message delivery-defaults the receiving message size is set to "no limit" We have no limits set on the size of users mailboxes Am i missing something? this is driving me up the wall Anyone any ideas? Thanks Mal do you mean users sending email to internal or external addresses? if external, do they get the error on eve...

DOC 11 ERROR: Price level GENERAL specified on line 5 for item
I can't seems to find out what's wrong. I've gone through everything I can possibly think. HELP! Integrating SOP to GP. Item is corectly entered. Has U of M specified. Price list has that specified too. I even force a constant in the integration but still..... DOC 11 ERROR: Price level GENERAL specified on line 5 for item 5737 is not assigned to the current U of M. ...

email error #2
When trying to send a full page email or one with an attachment I get this error message: Outlook out008.verizon.net Lost connection to (151.197.116.111) Any help is appreciated. This is a new problem ...

800c0148 error
Hello I am got new Toshiba notebook with Vista Home Premium and when I browse local provider news server i often get 800c0148 error and after that Windows Mail not work properly. No news messages, no mail folders and the not enought memory error there are. I get good working program only after manualy kill WinMail process in task manager. WinMail 6.0.6000.16386 (vista_rtm.061101-2205) Please help. Thank you. "������" <hazehog@gmail.com> escreveu na mensagem news:F721D31C-0EC2-442A-9FD5-6972A2A7C8AA@microsoft.com... > Hello > > I am got new ...

maintenance plan error
I have a maintenance plan that runs every night for a SQL2005 installation. I'm getting an error in it for the Maintenance Cleanup Task: Executing the query "EXECUTE master.dbo.xp_delete_file 0,N'',N'',N'2009-11-05T00:04:23' " failed with the following error: "Error executing extended stored procedure: Invalid Parameter". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly. Can somebody explain what this err...

combine set of letters randomly
hi, is it possible to combine 8 letters (for example) randomly, i mean to generate different combinations from these 8 letters? please help yob On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 15:57:40 +0800, "rp" <rp@hotmail.com> wrote in microsoft.public.excel: >is it possible to combine 8 letters (for example) randomly, i mean to >generate different combinations from these 8 letters? please help This has been covered not so long ago in <http://groups.google.com.au/group/microsoft.public.office.misc/browse_frm/thread/8d6139cc43ce052d/250c38d50a17e0dd>. Note that 8 letters will yield 4...

error in Financial Planning section
getting error that reads: HRESULT 0x8004621a Any suggestions? Thank you. Bill ...