data dictionary memory allocation error

I carried out an upgrade v7.5 based on c-tree to 7.5 based on msde but this
did not go flawlessly. Now when I run great plains I get the error:
"data dictionary memory allocation error"
I need help to be able to move from here because I need to upgrade to
version 9 and to do that I will need version 7.5 to be working well. I have
edited the Dynamics.set file according to help from the forums but still get
the same error.

Thanks

Mugabi
0
Mugabi (8)

I have had this problem when I have tried to delete a product from the
Dynamics.set file.

I would do a new install of the Dynamics client, including all the products
you need, and then connect to the database.  It's not worth the time to
troubleshoot the troublesome Dynamics.set file.

"Mugabi" wrote:

> I carried out an upgrade v7.5 based on c-tree to 7.5 based on msde but this
> did not go flawlessly. Now when I run great plains I get the error:
> "data dictionary memory allocation error"
> I need help to be able to move from here because I need to upgrade to
> version 9 and to do that I will need version 7.5 to be working well. I have
> edited the Dynamics.set file according to help from the forums but still get
> the same error.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mugabi
0
SteveChapman (349)
12/3/2008 11:41:01 PM
thanks Steve,
I was able to move from that particular error, I don't remember exactly what
I did. What I am faced with at the moment is a case of Dynamics saying that
of the Reports.dic that "this is not a great plains dictionary". I am able to
print reports from history but not the current ones. I am still at 7.5 on
ctree.
--
user

"Steve Chapman" wrote:

> I have had this problem when I have tried to delete a product from the
> Dynamics.set file.
>
> I would do a new install of the Dynamics client, including all the products
> you need, and then connect to the database.  It's not worth the time to
> troubleshoot the troublesome Dynamics.set file.
>

> "Mugabi" wrote:
>
> > I carried out an upgrade v7.5 based on c-tree to 7.5 based on msde but this
> > did not go flawlessly. Now when I run great plains I get the error:
> > "data dictionary memory allocation error"
> > I need help to be able to move from here because I need to upgrade to
> > version 9 and to do that I will need version 7.5 to be working well. I have
> > edited the Dynamics.set file according to help from the forums but still get
> > the same error.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Mugabi
0
Mugabi (8)
12/4/2008 8:30:05 AM
The standard move here is:

1.) Rename your current reports.dic file.
2.) re-launch Dynamics.  It will create a new, empty reports.dic file
3.) Go into Report Writer and import all the reports from the renamed
reports.dic file.

"Mugabi" wrote:

> thanks Steve,
> I was able to move from that particular error, I don't remember exactly what
> I did. What I am faced with at the moment is a case of Dynamics saying that
> of the Reports.dic that "this is not a great plains dictionary". I am able to
> print reports from history but not the current ones. I am still at 7.5 on
> ctree.
> --
> user
>

> "Steve Chapman" wrote:
>
> > I have had this problem when I have tried to delete a product from the
> > Dynamics.set file.
> >
> > I would do a new install of the Dynamics client, including all the products
> > you need, and then connect to the database.  It's not worth the time to
> > troubleshoot the troublesome Dynamics.set file.
> >

> > "Mugabi" wrote:
> >
> > > I carried out an upgrade v7.5 based on c-tree to 7.5 based on msde but this
> > > did not go flawlessly. Now when I run great plains I get the error:
> > > "data dictionary memory allocation error"
> > > I need help to be able to move from here because I need to upgrade to
> > > version 9 and to do that I will need version 7.5 to be working well. I have
> > > edited the Dynamics.set file according to help from the forums but still get
> > > the same error.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Mugabi
0
SteveChapman (349)

horizontal data to vertical data

export public folder data?

storing read only data

Errors in application log at the begining of backups
I am getting the following error messages at the begining of our backup rotation every day since the server was stood up (error at the end of this thread). The system is an Exchange 2003 SP1 sitting on Windows 2003 (not sp1). This system only houses mailboxes (no Public folders). The backup is veritas netbackup 4.5. The backup completes successfully about 3 hours later and all log files are deleted as expected. Any thoughts? Event Type: Error Event Source: ESE BACKUP Event Category: Callback Event ID: 904 Date: 10/12/2005 Time: 11:08:47 PM User: N/A Computer: EATL0MS203 Descriptio...

How to organize data?

OLE error opening Mac .pst on PC
We are getting the following error message when trying to open SOME folders within a .pst on a PC where the .pst originated on the Mac (Outlook 2001 for Mac): "Unable to open folder. An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program." The saved mail folder and subfolders all show up, and most can be opened and messages seen, but when you click on some of the folders/subfolders, you get the error message above. COuldn't find anything on the Knowledge Base about this problem. The folders and subfolders all open just f...

Selecting specific data #2
Hi everyone I have another little problem. I have got a list of 20 items on sheet1, Cells A1 - A20 (numbered 1 - 20) and Cells B1 - B20 are items relating to that number, ie, number 1 = Concrete, number 2 = walls, and so on. Now on sheet 2 I have a table, again cell range A1:B20. I would like to know a formula so that when I enter a number in to column A, the corresponding item to that number appears in column B. ie, if I enter number 8 in Cell A1 on sheet 2, then I would like Floor to appear in Cell B1. Does this make sense? -- Thanks in advance for your help Lee Hi Lee Data range i...

What was your data migration experience for MS CRM 3.0?
Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or stored proceedures? What happened and how did you do it? Andy It's a bit unwieldy, but if you follow the documentation closely and do thorough tests it is a helpful tool. You should be prepared to do some extensive data cleansing and search the newsgroups when you hit a roadblock. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy" wrote: > Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or > stored proceedures? > > What happened and how did you do it? >...

Last Column With Data
How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has data? Dim myRow as long dim LastCol as long myrow = 1243 with worksheets("SomeSheetnamehere") lastcol = .cells(myrow,.columns.count).end(xltoleft).column end with msgbox LastCol This will break if you've used the last column in that row -- or if you haven't used any cells in that row. Is that a problem? Bishop wrote: > > How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has > data? -- Dave Peterson This gives a interger...

data file: how to start its application

merging data
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help! Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion: Explore the use of links. Have all WBs open. Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy". Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master&quo...

Random errors with attachments
We have three users who are getting random errors with attachments. All three are using Outlook 2002 with Windows 2000. The error occurs when adding attachments to a new e-mail as well as opening attachments that they receive. The error they get is "Can't create file: <file name>. Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder." We've tried everything we can think of to resolve this issue (reinstall Office, reinstall Outlook, recreate the user's profile on ...

If column contains a value
Hi, I am trying to apply some error trapping to my code now. I want to say that if a value (e.g. "Test") does not appear in Column A then carry on, otherwise if it does appear in Column A (on any row) then an error message pops up. Can this be done, and how? Thanks, Dim HowMany as long with worksheets("Somesheetnamehere") howmany = application.countif(.range("a:a"),"test") if howmany > 0 then 'it's there at least once else 'it's not there end if end with You may want: howmany = applic...

Vertical Data Extraction
Hi, I need to create a chart that is based on changing values. The Values are all stored vertically in a Worksheet called Percentage. The chart sheet contains a selection box where the user can select a specific search and a date and the selected conditions should be searched for and the chart should display results. Basically, when the user selects X in the first list box and Y in the second one, the code should search the Percentage worksheet for all instances of value=x and y and output. column Row Feature1 Feature2 Feature3 2000 0.5 8.3 10 2000 ...

Error in Recipient Update Service
Every time I try and update the Recipient Update Service, I get this error: An operations error occurred. Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 80072020 Exchange System Manager Any ideas? ...

Pie Chart from data
Hi, I am trying to create a pie chart from the below data just to show the percentages of what work orders are maj, med and min. How do I set this up!! Thanks in Advance!!! how can i create a pie char By following the directions within the Chart Wizard. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <9265C290-B0B6-4CAD-B909-5EDFCE7DC415@microsoft.com>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > how can i create a pie chart > > ...

Varying data ranges
Hi, I am preparing a large number of identical reports on Excel fro imported data of varying sizes (e.g. some imported data is 400 row long, some 600, but all have the same number of columns). I hav recorded macros to take the data from its raw form to its complete form in order to releive the repetitive nature of this process, howeve the macro does not take into account the varying sizes of the raw data even when I use the Ctrl+Shft+End command. I am left with a lot o manual 'tidying up' of the reports after the macros have run. I have around 1,800 reports to complete so if ther...

changing data
Please can someone tell me how to do an automatic change all the way down a column. For example, i have a list of applications throughout a spreasheet as follows Approach, Eurosys, Oscar, Pivot_Pro Pivot_Pro, Oscar, Approach, i need to change exery occurance of Pivot_Pro to Pivot (Dual) how will i do this please help? Hi Press <Ctrl><H> In the find box, type in the existing name, in the change to box, type the new name, click on Change All, and its done -- j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa "danzelindistress" wrote: &...

Baffled by missing data on printout
I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main form. I then save all that data into a local table, then read it back from a report. The report loads the same subforms which reload the data. All that is working fine on screen, and on print preview. Then, when sent to a printer, all te text boxes are blank! What could *possibly* cause this? I switched printers, used a pdf output printer (save to disk in PDF), and with same results. Any ideas? Rick wrote: > I have a bunch of subforms that the user will fill out from a main > form. I then save all t...

Data Filter
I am running excel 2003. I am needing to copy my out put to another location. I have the options checked : Copy to another location and my list range. However, in the copy to range it is listed " $j$4:$Q$4." I do know that my range is correct but how would I get the output data to be pasted in another locations. Once I click on OK the wrong information is outputted.. Thanks for your adivse. -- Nathan You should be able to select another range for the output. What happened when you tried to change it? Jessica@aol.com wrote: > I am running excel 2003. I am needing to copy ...

Error Number 0x8007000e
I am not able to send messages. It gives an error message which says me to close other applications to avail more memory. I have tried all that still i am not able to send mails. Please help! Hi Joses Samuel, please read this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;232169 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Joses Samuel" <joses.samuel@mgenindia.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:673b01c4755c$db79cc50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am not able to send me...