Customer Item Number on SOP Docs

hey how is everyone?
well - we had the customer item number working perfectly
in v 7.5 thru the smarlist dict.
This has changed in v8.0 - with the SOP docs moving to
Mftg - so our Function Script ASI doesnt work anymore.
Has anyone enabled this for the sales docs in v8.0 in the
Mftg dict?  Ive got our old reports working without the
customer code field from smartlist currently but we need
to get a new field in there
Thanks in advance
Theo S :)
0
anonymous (74722)

The ability to have Customer Item numbers showing on the
invoice is part of core v8.0 code now.  You might just
need to modify the existing report.

David Musgrave
Senior Development Consultant
MBS Services - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@nospam-microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

Senior Development Consultant
MBS Services - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@nospam-microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

0
dmusgrav (157)
10/5/2004 2:41:55 AM
If there is not any information on the manufacturing version of the SOP
reports that you need, you can remove security to them and just use the
default (or your modified version) of the core SOP reports.  In the security
window, look under
    Product: Manufacturing
    Type: Alternate Great Plains Reports
    Series: Sales

"Theo S" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hey how is everyone?
> well - we had the customer item number working perfectly
> in v 7.5 thru the smarlist dict.
> This has changed in v8.0 - with the SOP docs moving to
> Mftg - so our Function Script ASI doesnt work anymore.
> Has anyone enabled this for the sales docs in v8.0 in the
> Mftg dict?  Ive got our old reports working without the
> customer code field from smartlist currently but we need
> to get a new field in there
> Thanks in advance
> Theo S :)

0
lchristi (29)
10/5/2004 6:35:17 PM
FYI
Guys - Microsoft sent us a "patch" prior to sp1 fpr this function - its a
VBA mod
apparently they "broke" this ability from 7.5 - ??
the function used to be available but in v 8.0 it is not avable
0
TheoS (10)

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Custom toolbar and macros

Item number/location code does not exist in inventory error
I'm using eConnect to do an SOP transaction and it has been working for months but with a new customer and a new site I'm getting an error. The error is: "Item number/location code does not exist in inventory". The same transactions are still working with other customers on other sites so it seems like it must be a set up issue in GP. The customer and site look like they're configured the same as the ones that work so I'm stumped. Does anyone know what the issue might be? Thanks, Matt Have you confirmed that the item number has been assigned to the new sit...

toolbar customization

Hook to add item to transaction
I trying to create a hook that will add an item to the transaction screen but I keep getting errors. My dll is setup properly is being fired as I tested it with a 'Hello World' message box. This is what I have so far: Dim myobject As Object Set myobject = mysession.Transaction.Entries.Add(753, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0) TIA John John wrote: > I trying to create a hook that will add an item to the transaction screen > but I keep getting errors. My dll is setup properly is being fired as I > tested it with a 'Hello World' message box. This is what I have so far: > Di...

Sent items have gone!
We were using Live Mail on two networked PC's in our office, downloading mail from our website provider in IMAP and syncronising nicely. We had a hard drive crash on the main PC and had a new drive, and therefore had to reinstall the O/S. Since resinstalling Live mail, we no longer have anything in our 'Sent items' folder. There seems no good reason for this, its all set up to save a copy in the sent folder, and the IMAP leaves all the copies on the server as it should. We run Vista on both systems, networked together with no issues. Can anyone help us to keep a co...

bin number on sop report
Hi all we are using gp 9.0 and would like to add bin numbers to the sop blank invoice form and are having some problems does anyone know how this can be done ? Hi Steve, Due to a report writer limitation of only being able to have one 1 to many relationship from the SOP_LINE_WORK table, it would take a fair amount of work to add the bin. Currently the Serial/Lot information links to the SOP_LINE_WORK table and that is a 1 to many relationship. If it so happened you do not use serial/lots it would be easy because you could remove the serial/lot information and table that is used in ...

Customize Does not WOrk

HLookup and Row Index Number
Hello. I am currently using the following formula, but want to improve it: =HLOOKUP(C3,'Drivers'!$C$4:$CT$34,5) Currently it is retrieving the number in the fifth row, but I am concerned that the number will change if the reference worksheet is ever altered. Is there a way to have Excel look up a value that is in a row with a certain label (eg, "Average Size") instead of the fifth row? Thanks! You can, using the MATCH() function on the row with the labels. Look in HELP for details. But of course it would have been better if Excel could do it the way you describe, at lea...

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

Adding + in front of a number
I have a column of numbers which represent a change in value over the previous year. I want to have a + in front of the number if it's a positive change. Let's say my first number is 500. My problem is that I can write something like, if(a1>0,"+"&a1), but when then I can't format the number. If the number is in the millions I can't provide a comma as a thousand separator and I cannot tell it how many decimal places I want to show. Is there a really easy way to do that, or do I have to write a huge formula to precisely spell out the formatting within...

matching a column of numbers to another in another spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet of shortpayment amounts and their invoice numbers on one spreadsheet with a column of credit amounts with their invoice numbers on another spreadsheet. I need to match the credits written with the shortpayments. kinda like this spreadsheet 1 spreadsheet 2 inv # amount date Credit # Amount Date 122334 15.00 11-25-09 675555 15.00 12-10-09 223345 22.00 10-20-09 754444 22.00 111-25-09 naturally...

extracting numbers from data
Hi, Is there a way to extract the numbers, remove them and place them in an adjacent column from the cells in the example below? The LEFT function does not do the entire trick, since the amount of numbers differs per cell and I still need to delete the number in the original cell. 1bla 1.1blabla 1.1.1blablabla 1.1.1.1blablablabla Thanks ...

SOP returns should not calculate settlement discount in Apply win.
If a SOP return is entered for the full value of a SOP invoice that has been raised against a debtor that has settlement discount, then the settlement discount is calculated and shown in the Apply window. If the SOP return was to fully cancel the invoice and the settlement has not been taken on the invoice then the settlement discount has to be manually adjusted in the Apply to window. ...

memory limit on the number of sheets created
is there a limit on the number of sheets a macro can create? I notice I have a macro that creates sheets and it works up to sheet 26, after sheet 26 it crashes. I read on line that it is limited due to memory? Is that the ram on each computer ? tia, Hi There is no limit imposed by the macro itself. As you have found, the only limit to the number of sheets, is the available memory (RAM) on the system. In most cases you can go way beyond 26 before hitting memory limits. I would think it is something to do with your code. Post the code, and maybe we can help. -- Regards Roger Govier ...

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

MSCRM 4.0 Account automatic number
Hello, I want to have an automatic account number when i create an account. do you have any idea to do this. Thanks a lot for your answer. FB Frédéric BAILLON wrote: > Hello, > > I want to have an automatic account number when i create an account. do you > have any idea to do this. > > Thanks a lot for your answer. > > FB Hi Frédéric, There are many possibilities: You can make a plugin that reads and increments value in a config file, or work with a plugin that inserts and reads SQL table with identity column (auto incremental column) Ta...

Customer Report

How do I count like items (words) in a column?
This is probably the dumbest question a person can ask about Excel but I'm running out of time and it's making me crazy. I have a column with about 20 different items (words not numbers) and some of the items are listed more than once. All I want to do is create a column that has the total number of each item in the list. For example: Item car car car bike bike bike bike bike Where the cars equal 3 and the bikes equal 5 and these numbers are listed next to the respective item. My goal is to reduce the steps since I have to do calculate about 20 items for about 30 people. Any ...

Custom X-axis

GPS Customization Query