Customer-Inactivate but do not remove history

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle a customer that we no
longer want to use,  but i dont want to remove history.  (Looks like I cant
inactivate a customer if there are posted or unposted transactions)

thanks

--
Doug
0

Doug,

If all transactions for this customer are fully applied, you can move them
all to history (Tools > Routines > Sales > Paid Transaction Removal) and
then Inactivate the customer.  (Note: make sure History tracking is turned
on before you run the Paid Transaction Removal.)  If you still have open
transactions or don't want to move them to history for some reason, then you
could put the customer on Hold.

Hope that helps.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle a customer that we no
> longer want to use,  but i dont want to remove history.  (Looks like I
> cant
> inactivate a customer if there are posted or unposted transactions)
>
> thanks
>

> --
> Doug

0
victoria (3340)

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Custom toolbar and macros

toolbar customization

How do I remove the (blank) from an excel pivot table?
I am trying to create a pivot table from a liston an excel spreadsheet. Many of the items on the list will be blank. On the pivot table, the blank items show up as (blank) - I want the cell to be empty! I tried setting the table empty values but that doesn't work...any help would be greatly apprecated... If you click the small black triangle near the top of the Table, a menu will appear. Just clear the checkbox next to (blank) -- Gary''s Student "MarkfromAZ" wrote: > I am trying to create a pivot table from a liston an excel spreadsheet. Many > of the...

Remove macro is greyed out
I want to remove a sort macro that I made which is in a workbook that I made. When I go Tools|Macro|Macros I see the macro but the delete button is greyed. How can I remove the macro? Beemer Sometimes, the project is protected by the developer. But if you created the macro, then you know if you protected that project. Did you? Do you get prompted for a password when you try to access the project (inside the VBE)? Beemer wrote: > > I want to remove a sort macro that I made which is in a workbook that I > made. When I go Tools|Macro|Macros I see the macro but the delete ...

Customize Does not WOrk

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

Removing calendar option
I am running Exchange 2003, we have started to move to a common calendaring system on our campus, the question has been asked... Can we stop the users from using Exchange/Outlook calendars while still letting use all the other Exchange features? Or can we hid the Calendar so that no one can schedule meetings? I can't think of anyway to do this. Thanks Julie Julie Lienemann wrote: > I am running Exchange 2003, we have started to move to a common > calendaring system on our campus, the question has been asked... Can > we stop the users from using Exchange/Outlook calend...

Customer Report

change local customer to global customer
I am trying to change the local customers that i have in my store database to global customers in hq I ran this querie in store administrator UPDATE Customer SET GlobalCustomer = 1 Then ran worksheet 401 in hq, but the customers did not update, then worksheet 350. Can someone help? Had the same issue ... this worked for me - need to set globalcustomer = 1; need to set lastupdated = getdate(*); need to set storeid = 'xxxx' (whatever is appropriate for you). Go into SO Manager and configure ENABLE GLOBAL CUSTOMERS and NEW CUSTOMERS DEFAULT AS GLOBAL. Need to run 401 TWICE (once...

GPS Customization Query

Custom X-axis

How to customize column width in Ressource Usage report ?
Hi, When printing the Workload, Ressource Usage report, some of the durations are stated as #####.##. I tried to make the font smaller but it did'ent help. How do I make the report readable? I am using MS Project 2007 SP2. Br Bertrand If you goto Reports, Custom you can see all of the built-in reports and you can see what they are made of and you will see that they use a filter and a table (and other settings and stuff). The column width of each field is a property of the table. Find the report that you are interested in, then find the table that it uses, then e...

customize public folder
Hi, I have exchange server 2003, on a windows 2003 server environment. 1) I want to remove or hide the "favorites" folder under the public folder tree? 2) May I not to use the existing public folder tree structure? Public folder --> All Public folders --> (Company contacts) Public folder --> (Company contacts) Thanks, On Tue, 30 May 2006 15:32:25 +0800, "Classmate" <NoEmailAddress@abc.com.hk> wrote: >Hi, > > > > I have exchange server 2003, on a windows 2003 server environment. > > > >1)...

Custom ActiveX control fails on release build
Some time ago I created simple custom control (.ocx) using Visual Basic 6. Recently I decided to also use my control in VC++ apps. VB: Using the ActiveX Control Interface Wizard and the Property Page Wizard I added the appropriate handlers and a simple property page to change the appearance, border, colors, and fonts. Nothing special there. VC: The control was installed and registered on the test machine through the installer and is located in the system folder. On the development machine the application runs fine and the new control works great. On the test machine the dialog box fail...

Custom colors
I hope someone can help me out on this one please! I mixed a few new colors using RGB that I want applied to certain cells on a spreadsheet that will be shared among many users. The problem is, I noticed that setting RGB only changes the color pallette and if the user resets or changes their color pallette, then my colors are all reset on the spreadsheet (and they look bad!). Apparently its all linked by the color index? i.e. If the user changes their color index, that change updates the spreadsheet color. Is there is foolproof (or at least better) way of applying custom shading t...

auto fill in customer when contact selected
Hello, I hope Bertil reads this :) or someone with the same knowledge :) In a case when a user selects a contact is it possible to auto fill in the customer related to the contact?? Any help mucho appreciated. You can do this using javascript. onchange function of the field. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Ian" wrote: > Hello, > > I hope Bertil reads this :) or someone with the same knowledge :) > > In a case when a user selects a contact...

When Drawing the menu , How to remove the shadow of menu ?
recent, when own-draw the menu, can't remove the shadow of menu? I know that many software have done it well. I hook the message and find the window of menu, which class name is "#32768", but I didn't find the way to remove the shadow on the right of menu and below the bottom of menu? And I also want to know how to draw the arrow before sub menu? I draw the menu in the function DrawItem, but the default draw of arrow always show . You could remove the CS_DROPSHADOW style from your menu window class, but that would affect all menus in the session I think. Its better to make...

How do I create the correct size/type custom icon for custom entit
Can any one tell me what exactly do I need to do to create a custom entity icon. I know how to upload the file but how do I create the file in the first place. I have done this using Paint but it always appears as truncated or clipped around the side or far too small. Thanks for your help You can use paint to create icons - but MS recommends that the files cannot be bigger the 10 Kb and should have transparency for best resuls. To draw a transparent image in MS Paint, on the Image menu, click Draw Opaque and make sure the check mark does not appear next to it. Hope this helps. I...

Customizations not working
I added a few items to the industry drop-down box for Accounts and Leads. I save them, but they do not show up under the account's drop-down menus. If I go back into the settings, they are there. Am I missing a step? Tareef Hi Tareff - You need to publish you customizations via deployment manager And once you have published the customisations, run IISRESET on the CRM server "warrior2k@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi Tareff - > > You need to publish you customizations via deployment manager > > Hi, Using Deployment Manager, publish your contents, Also take the ...