Custom Reports #2

Hi All,

I want to create a custom report in Great Plains that Can take a Date Range
or other variable such as used with the Trial Balance report.  Is this
possible?  If so can someone point me in the right direction.  For example I
can create the report but I do not know how to limit the results depending on
the requirements of the user.
0
adam1685 (340)

Only with VBA.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Adam" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I want to create a custom report in Great Plains that Can take a Date Range
> or other variable such as used with the Trial Balance report.  Is this
> possible?  If so can someone point me in the right direction.  For example I
> can create the report but I do not know how to limit the results depending on
> the requirements of the user.
0
callen (2505)
9/29/2006 6:42:01 PM
Use Crystal Reports.....its designed for this
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at
http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Adam" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I want to create a custom report in Great Plains that Can take a Date Range
> or other variable such as used with the Trial Balance report.  Is this
> possible?  If so can someone point me in the right direction.  For example I
> can create the report but I do not know how to limit the results depending on
> the requirements of the user.
0
info4071 (3004)
10/1/2006 8:48:01 PM
Don't forget about Dexterity - it will interact seamlessly with Great plains.

"Adam" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I want to create a custom report in Great Plains that Can take a Date Range
> or other variable such as used with the Trial Balance report.  Is this
> possible?  If so can someone point me in the right direction.  For example I
> can create the report but I do not know how to limit the results depending on
> the requirements of the user.
0
LeslieVail (702)
10/1/2006 11:44:01 PM
or access works quite well

Richard L. Whaley MVP wrote:
> Use Crystal Reports.....its designed for this
0
Brianm1 (20)

Custom toolbar and macros

installing the SQL Reporting Services 'report designer'
I have installed Visual Studio 2005 inorder to use the SQL Reporting Services 'report designer' (that is also shipped on the CRM Server CD) but during the install the prerequisets say that I have not installed visual basic .net on my server. From my research SQL Reporting Services 'report designer' software works inside Visual Studio 2003 or 2005 version. Please could someone let me know what I need to do to run the reporting services? You should need the Report designer in order for basic Report Services to work. I would also suggest installing Reporting Services be...

Custom Entity Relationship CRM 3.0

Access 2007: Report>OnNoData Function
In access 2000, I was able to use "docmd.cancel" after a message box in the OnNoData function to get a message box to display, but otherwise return to the calling form. In Access 2007, however, this displays the message box, and then gives me an error message on top of it. I've also tried "Cancel=True". I'm new to this version of Access. Has something Changed, here? Thanks in Advance bh Using the CancelEvent action in a macro, or setting the Cancel argument to True in code - both approaches should work in A2007. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Pert...

CStatic #2
How can I resize CStatic (Picture) in the design time? Assign an ID to your static control, other than the default IDC_STATIC id. Say IDC_MYPICTURE. Now associated a member variable of type CStatic control, to this ID using the class wizard. Say m_MyPicture. Finally call m_MyPicture.MoveWindow(..) in order to resize the control. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Oliver Young" <none> wrote in message news:%23OX6eDDtDHA.424@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > > How can I resize CStatic (Picture) in the design time? > ...

toolbar customization

Inventory Report showing material and Labor costs
Using V9.0, manufacturing. I cant find a report that shows material and labor costs for an item that we build Where can I find this report? I know I can look up a Manufacturing Order, and then the variance window but a lot of times we dont know the MO number. This usually comes from when we invoice for the item, and find out the costs are not correct. thanks -- Doug Well, with manufacturing, the costs are generated MO by MO. There is no report that sumarizes a range of MOs. You could create this in Crystal or SRS. You would want, for each cost category, to list the average, mi...

Hidden report filter in CRM
I created a report that involves accounts, opportunity and opportunity products. It works great in SRSS. After I import it to CRM, I clear off the default filters on accounts and opportunity entities. There is no filter visible on opportunity product. The report when run in CRM does not look right. When I did a trace, it seems that there is a filter for looking at opportunity products modified in last 30 days. However, when I edit the default filter, I dont even the opportunity product entity listed there. My question is how can I remove this filter from this report. I tried to import ...

40 report wizard
Hi all, I want to create a report which will produce a chart, "amount of accounts created by users". X axis will be users and Y axis will be number of accounts created. When I try, the graph section is disabled in the wizard. Someone says there must be an integer column, but I do not have any in my implementation. Did I missed something? Thank you. Is this the 4.0 Report Wizard or an SRS report? If its SRS are you doing a count of any fields. =count(filteredaccount.accountid) Thank you for the reply. So, report wizard is perfect, but in some cases we still need programming ...

RUS problem #2
Hi, I've got a problem with creating multiple distribution lists at once. I create the lists using "Users and Computers" and start mailenabling them using the exchange assistant. After mailenabling I start RUS to provide eMail addresses to them. Further on I start the OAL generator to publish them to the organization. Everything works without any failure. When I open the new created distr. lists using the address book of Outlook and open the properties of the lists I was wondering. Although all settings in AD are correct all distribution lists have got the same conent in ...

Grouping in a Report
The group footer on my report is not showing the text boxes I have in there. The visible property is set to 'yes'. -- Rugiem Is the section displaying? Are there values in the text box? Are you sure this is a group footer and not the page footer? What happens if you change the background color of the section to yellow? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Rugiem" wrote: > The group footer on my report is not showing the text boxes I have in there. > The visible property is set to 'yes'. > -- > Rugiem ...

Customize Does not WOrk

bin number on sop report
Hi all we are using gp 9.0 and would like to add bin numbers to the sop blank invoice form and are having some problems does anyone know how this can be done ? Hi Steve, Due to a report writer limitation of only being able to have one 1 to many relationship from the SOP_LINE_WORK table, it would take a fair amount of work to add the bin. Currently the Serial/Lot information links to the SOP_LINE_WORK table and that is a 1 to many relationship. If it so happened you do not use serial/lots it would be easy because you could remove the serial/lot information and table that is used in ...

2 Subforms, one master
Hi, I have a main form, a subform (1) and two further subforms embedded in tab controls. Main Form: Actual Cost Subform: CostJob Subform Subforms (2): CostDetails Subform and EstDetails Subform The 2 'Details' subforms are the same, but I have a field (Control) called CostDate. If it is Null then it is an Estimate otherwise it is a Cost. My problem is that only the CostDetails Subform behaves correctly. That is if I go to the second row in the first subform CostJob Subform, the corresponding data changes in the CostDetails Subform. I though it was to do with the master & chi...

2005 printing the Tax Category Manager report
I desperatly need to print a report that shows line by line the category to tax form associations. Basically what the Tax Category Manager page shows... Yet I can't find any way of doing this. Using money 2005 SB. Thanks, Cameron In microsoft.public.money, Cameron wrote: >I desperatly need to print a report that >shows line by line the category to tax form associations. >Basically what the Tax Category Manager page shows... >Yet I can't find any way of doing this. >Using money 2005 SB. If you would like to print an image of the page, you can position things as you wa...

missing files #2
Suddenly I loose tyhe complete content of one of my created local folders of outlook express 5. Has anybody had the same aexperience and what ccan be done about it, how can the lost files be retrieved? Thanks for a solution. Eric ...

Sort a Range #2
Sorry Everyone, I know this one has been on here a dozen times, but I cant find any relating posts. Say I have 2 columns and 4 rows of data such as: A B 1 2800 $2000 2 2700 $1952 3 2940 $1700 4 2852 $2100 I want the next 3 rows to sort this from smallest to largest according to value in column A. I have a fixed # of data points (3 in this example) and would like to use formulas rather than the sort command so that I can have a x-y scatter plot of the sorted data that updates automatically when ever new data...

Exchange reporting #3
Hello, I have an exchange server 03, sp2. Does anyone know of a freebie program I can use to pull exchange stats. I am looking mostly for number of users, mailbox size and number of messages contained within. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I have tried a few pruchase programs in demo mode, namely messagestats and promodag. Haven't had much luck running them actually they are limited in demo mode. Perfmon is free. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Dustin Fulmer" <DustinFulmer@discussions.microso...

How to display HTML in Custom Task Pane

Include/Exclude filter in reports
Hi all, I am trying to modify the default value of the Include/Exclude filter in the Account Overview report. How can I set it in design mode? Also, what difference does that drop down really make? I run the report for an account that has sub-accounts and tried it both ways but the output was always the same!! Thanks, Mohamed 1.In Microsoft CRM,Select your report in the Reports grid. 2.In the toolbar, point to More Actions, and then click Edit Default Filter from the menu. 3.In the Report Viewer dialog, define the default filter criteria that will be used every time the report is run. 4....

XY Scatter with Custom Labels

setting "top" of report footer by VBA?
Hello, I need to print a report with the report footer always appearing at the bottom of the last page: The usable space on a page is 11,329 twips (19.98 cm), the report footer height is 6,611 twips (11.66 cm). That is, I need the report footer to start at 4,718 twips from the top of the page. The report footer contains labels with company name and address as well as the "legal stuff". I cannot use the page footer for an "if me.page = me.pages" construction because the page footer contains labels and text boxes with document number, revision and release ...