Current Cost Updated by Landed Cost?

Hello:

Today, I tried to convince a client that the Current Cost field in Item
Maintenance is updated by posting a shipment.  They claim that they ahve
always knows that this field gets updated by Enter/Match Invoices.

But, aside from that, here's my question.  If Landed Cost is in place and
there is a variance for the Landed Cost amount in Enter/Match Invoices, does
this "add into" Current Cost?  During a review of Landed Cost, we saw that an
item's Current Cost was the amount of a shipment receipt and Landed Cost
Variance.

Thanks!

childofthe1980s

Child,

I just uploaded a complete explanation of Landed Cost on my blog today. Take
a look and let me know if it answers your question.

http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/07/to-check-or-not-to-check-understanding.html

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Today, I tried to convince a client that the Current Cost field in Item
> Maintenance is updated by posting a shipment.  They claim that they ahve
> always knows that this field gets updated by Enter/Match Invoices.
>
> But, aside from that, here's my question.  If Landed Cost is in place and
> there is a variance for the Landed Cost amount in Enter/Match Invoices, does
> this "add into" Current Cost?  During a review of Landed Cost, we saw that an
> item's Current Cost was the amount of a shipment receipt and Landed Cost
> Variance.
>
> Thanks!
>
> childofthe1980s
0
MarianoGomez (3444)
7/10/2008 12:23:05 AM
Good stuff!  Thank you, Mariano!

childofthe1980s

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Child,
>
> I just uploaded a complete explanation of Landed Cost on my blog today. Take
> a look and let me know if it answers your question.
>
> http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/07/to-check-or-not-to-check-understanding.html
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "childofthe1980s" wrote:
>
> > Hello:
> >
> > Today, I tried to convince a client that the Current Cost field in Item
> > Maintenance is updated by posting a shipment.  They claim that they ahve
> > always knows that this field gets updated by Enter/Match Invoices.
> >
> > But, aside from that, here's my question.  If Landed Cost is in place and
> > there is a variance for the Landed Cost amount in Enter/Match Invoices, does
> > this "add into" Current Cost?  During a review of Landed Cost, we saw that an
> > item's Current Cost was the amount of a shipment receipt and Landed Cost
> > Variance.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > childofthe1980s
Yes, landed cost components are included in the current cost as this value is
also posted to GL.  The item's actual cost paid to the vendor is maintained
on the Item Vendors Maintenance card and that is the default value used for
the next PO to the item'v vendor.  This value does not include the landed
cost components.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Today, I tried to convince a client that the Current Cost field in Item
> Maintenance is updated by posting a shipment.  They claim that they ahve
> always knows that this field gets updated by Enter/Match Invoices.
>
> But, aside from that, here's my question.  If Landed Cost is in place and
> there is a variance for the Landed Cost amount in Enter/Match Invoices, does
> this "add into" Current Cost?  During a review of Landed Cost, we saw that an
> item's Current Cost was the amount of a shipment receipt and Landed Cost
> Variance.
>
> Thanks!
>
> childofthe1980s
0
info4071 (3003)

How to create new Contacts form and have it apply to current conta
I can create a custom contact form by following http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA012106101033.aspx?mode=print But how do I apply the new form to my current contacts ? For example, if I want a Car Phone field in my new form I want to be able to go back to my current names I have in my Contacts folder and see the Car Phone field. Thanks for any help. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/publish_form.htm - end of page. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com...

path to dll currently executing
How would I obtain the path to the DLL which contains the code which is currently executing ? This is a Web Services project, and so the \bin\ folder is obviously at a different path design-time v run-time. Thanks. On 1/6/2010 9:12 PM, John Grandy wrote: > How would I obtain the path to the DLL which contains the code which is > currently executing ? > > This is a Web Services project, and so the \bin\ folder is obviously at a > different path design-time v run-time. > > Thanks. > > System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().Locati...

Current Cost
On the Item Maintenance screen, there is a spot for current cost. Is this cost the last price used to purchase an item? Also, how is this field calculated? "Ryan" wrote: > On the Item Maintenance screen, there is a spot for current cost. Is this > cost the last price used to purchase an item? Hi Ryan. The current cost is calculated based on the valuation method. If you hit Help (F1) off the item card, go to the fields help, and check under valuation method, there is info to get you started. Hope this helps, Maria. "Ryan" wrote: > On the Item Maintenance ...

XML updating,querying question #2
I use a TreeView WebControl Menu which i installed from microsoft. But the TreeView XML that can be loaded with the Webcontrol is very specific.For example (The root as to be TREENODES!!):- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <TREENODES> <TreeNode Text="Contracts"> <TreeNode Text="Contract Pads" NavigateUrl="a.aspx" target="_blank"/> <TreeNode Text="Points Deduction Report" NavigateUrl="a.aspx" target="_blank"/> <TreeNode Text="" NavigateUrl=...

Problems with current currency!
Hi. I found serious problem with currencies handling in MS Money Plus! I set up BASE currency as USD but MS Money still try to use currency specified in locale settings (RUR)! It looks very bad - like MS money able to work only in US locale and only with US currency. :-( I have made lot of experiments - uninstalled MS money, installed again, killed databases, created it from scratch, tried different variants of settings... unfortunately - without positive effect. Even if I setp 1 setp forward it finally crashed on the one of next steps or put wrong currency to the invoice. :-((( I...

Not current record
Hi I am new to Access so please help. I have a form (frmAttendance) and within this form I have a button. This button opens another form (frmTravel). forms!frmAttendance!ssn = forms!frmTravel!ssn and forms!frmAttencance!meet_num = forms!frmTravel!meet_num. This all works great! What the problem is: when I close the frmTravel it does not go back to the current record on frmAttendance. Example: frmAttendance ssn = 777-77-7777 frmAttendance meet_num = 45r45r frmTravel ssn = 777-77-7777 frmTravel meet_num = 45r45r This works great! BUT when closing frmTravel frmTravel ssn = 777-77-777...

How do I get the currently selected mail
I have written a COM addin to add a command bar along with a menu item to MS Outlook. On clicking this menu item I am able to identify the currently selected folder. My approach is as follows: void __stdcall CAddin::OnClickButton(/*IDispa=ADtch*/ Office::_CommandBarButton *Ctrl,VARIANT_BOOL * CancelDefault) { Outlook::MAPIFolder * m_pFolder; CComQIPtr<Office::_CommandBarB=ADutton,&__uuidof(Office::_Comma=ADndBarButt= on)> pCommandBarButton(Ctrl); BSTR fullFolderPath; CComQIPtr <Outlook::_Application> spApp(pApplication); CComPtr<Outlook::_Explorer> spEx...

Update Price A,B&C automatically when I change Regular Price
Hi, I have 6 stores with Hq and implement Price Levels A, B and C for different stores. Around 50% of my 20,000 items have different prices for A,B,c and regular prices. Is it possible or is there a solution out there whereby if I change the regular price that Price A, B and C would automatically change based on previous relationships like this example. Regular = 1.00, A = 1.10, B = 1.20 etc. Change Regular to 2.00 and A would auto change to 2.20 and so on. This would really be a time saver!! thanks in advance. an auto change is possible only with database, or only with an add-on, but no...

Linking Excel and Project for update-able timeline?
I've been assigned the task of creating an Excel workbook listing a whole bunch of project information. Someone had the "wonderful" idea of making a Gantt-type timeline. I've done that before in Excel without much trouble (once I found the instructions!). But this is going to be constantly updated. I wonder if it wouldn't be better - if indeed it's possible at all - to create the timeline chart in Project and link it back to the info in Excel. I've never used Project, and have no clue what this would involve. I just know Project does timelines better than Ex...

Updating a form after using a workflow rule to update the entity.
I have a workflow rule that, on create of a contact, calls an assembly and updates an attribute of that assembly. It works a treat, but after saving, the attribute does not appear in the form. I have to close and re-open the contact to see the attribute. Is there any way to have this display immediately? Thanks Saira ...

Windows Vista won't function after installing updates
I have Windows Vista and I installed a lot of updates last night upon shut down. When I turned on my computer today, my login screen popped up so I put in my password but after login the only thing on my screen was "My documents" folder with a black screen. I can access documents and the internet if I go through items in "My documents" but my Vista's platform is not there at all- no task bar, background or anything. I tried to look in my drivers to do the suggested "roll back" but it wasnt an option for any of the drivers and I'm not sure whe...

updating password made email inaccessible
I modifed the AD account password for one of our employees who recently left the company (which is why I had to reset hsi password.) I cannot deactivate his account just yet... I logged on as this user using a TS session, and tried to get into his email as I had to go through recent emails. I could not access his email at all. In fact, I could not access it from my Outlook client either... I got an error message stating the default folders were unavailable. However, about a half hour later... voila, all was good!! Can someone explain that to me? Did this have to do with resetting the AD pas...

Using Update New w Money 2006
Hi all, I recently updated my Money 2000 to Money 2006. So far it has been an absolutely miserable experience. I hate Money 2006 compared to Money 2000. My bank is Wachovia. When I Update Now to bring in my new transactions more than half of the payees are screwed up and it brings in transactions a month in advance. Is there a setting that I have wrong? I never had this problem with M 2000 so I really don't think there is anything wrong with Wachovia. When I view my transactions at Wachovia.com they're ok. Any help would be very much appreciated. It used to take me 5 minutes to ...

SQL report to filter for Current user
I am working on a SQL report, and i need to filter the data for the current user logged in to CRM. Something like where current user id = user id of activity. What I am looking for is how to find the current user id. Much thanks in advance! An easier solution is not to build that into the report; simply use the default filter to do that. No coding needed "ilibhart" <ilibhart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92DE3638-A92A-42C8-BDEA-A8686829D249@microsoft.com... >I am working on a SQL report, and i need to filter the data for the current > user l...

Ext. HD previously recognized, currently not
I am running XP SPK3 on an inspiron 8500. It came with XP Pro, SPK's added on later. I have a buslink CO-80-U2FE (firewire/USB 2.0) ext. HD (ext. power source)that originally worked on Windows 98, then later on XP pro up to about SPK2 I think. I have much data archived on it I wish to retrieve. I plug it into USB port as before and my computer does not recognize that anything has been plugged in. I have tried different coords, firewire, and different computer with comparable OS. Buslink site says that it is plug and play with XP on up. Any suggestions on TS steps? On Sun,...

XTech 2006 Updates -Keynote Update
XTech 2006 Updates -Keynote Update - Barcamp Amsterdam II XTech 2006 - 16-19 May - Hotel Grand Krasnapolsky - Amsterdam, The Netherlands Mozilla keynote added to agenda - Brendan Eich, CTO, Mozilla has been confirmed as a keynote for XTech 2006. His presentation, "JavaScript 2 and the Future of the Web", takes place on Friday afternoon, 19 May. Alex Russell is now confirmed to open the AJAX Developers' Day. For full XTech program details, see http://xtech06.usefulinc.com/schedule BarCamp Amsterdam II - The organizers of BarCamp have confirmed their next event in conjunction wi...

Page numbers in TOC not updated
I have created a template with a standard TOC at the top of the document. The thing is, when I open a new document based on that template, the numbering in the TOC is no longer updated correctly. I've tried redoing the document a few times, redo the TOC etc but the same thing keeps happening, i.e. it looks fine in the template but not in the documents based on it. First I thought I had forgot to update the template, but like I said everything looks fine there. Am I missing something obvious? After you have created a new document (and added headings to it), you will have to update the TOC...

Update Opportunity when Quote status changes
I need to update some fields in the Opportunity when the status of an associated Quote changes. I looked at the workflow manager, but this does not seem to be possible with it. Anyone did this before ? And if yes, how, of course ! Not sure what do you mean by status of an Quote. Assuming its active/inactive, you can write callout code on PostSetState event for Quote and update the fields in the Opportunity. If its the status other than active/inactive then on "OnSave" event for Quote, you can make AJAX call (using JS), which will invoke the method to update the fields in Opp...

Delete a Table not in Current Database
How can I delete a table in a database that is open but is not the current database? Thank you Ross This might be a help for getting data to and from Excel and Access: It includes examples of using variables in SQL queries. http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/sql.html Or you can get there from the "Excel with Access Databases" section on page: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm It demonstrates how to use SQL in Excel's VBA to: * create a database, * create a table * insert records * select records, * update records, * delete records, * delete a table, * delet...

Windows Update Hanging
Hello Gurus, I’m using WinXP SP3. The Windows Update is hanging. When I tries to open the IE8 to do the Windows Update it hang at the stage where is writes on screen: “Checking if your computer has the latest version of Windows updating software for use with website” and in the status bar is shows 38%. The Windows XP is licenses and activated correctly. No events is shown In the Windows Event Viewer. Can you help me resolve this issue? ------- Thanks Sharon Sharon wrote: > I'm using WinXP SP3. > The Windows Update is hanging. > When I tries to open the I...

Current year and current week number
I can obtain the current year with YEAR(TODAY()) and the current week number with WEEKNUM, but I want to display the results in an ?array. By this I mean; row 1 contains the week nos 1 -52; column A contains the years 2010,2009,2008. I want the result to look like: 2010 N N N -----N until week 52 2009 Y Y Y ------ Y until current week, then N N N until week 52 2008 Y Y Y ------ Y until week 52 My current attempt fails, which is =IF(AND(Current_Year>=$A2,Current_Week>=$B$1),"Y","N") The purpose is to automatically populate a chart (graph) with curren...

Modifier currently unavailable
When I tried to access modifier thru Tools --> Customize --> Modifier using sa login, I got the following message popped up "The Modifier is currently unavailable because another user is editing the resources in the Forms dictionary". I tried it several times in the past 20 days and sure that I'm the only user accessing it. Hope it has got locked. Can any one please help me in correcting it? Thanks in advance. Take a look at Tools >> Setup >> System >> Security. Look at the security settings for the Customization Tools. If you are licensed for Mo...

How to update all headers in Excel
We have an Excel Workbook with several different sheets (tabs). Some sheets are Portrait and some are landscape. This workbook has a data input sheet for alot of the data that is used on several of the sheets. We used the =('Input Sheet'!D37) to automate the data input, but we can't get the Header/Footnote to update. Our problem is that the Header / Footnote Information is on the Data Input Sheet already. How can we take the Data from Input Sheet and place it in the Header / Footnote without changing all the page formatting? Try this. This will setup the page (i...

Dell 1764 Windows update issue.
i have been trying to figure out why this won't update properly. WU freezes at 0%. after spending 2 hours checking differant solutions, i am at a loss. i ran the WU trouble shooter, it returns no errors. However, while examining the details of the troubleshooter, it says i have a amd64 processer installed. I have an i5 processer. here is the report Collection information Computer Name: SCOTT-PC Windows Version: 6.1 Architecture: amd64 Time: Monday, May 17, 2010 1:32:42 PM could this be causing any problems? "Scott S" <Scott S@discussions.micr...

Email Template Current Date
Is there any way to insert the current date into an email template? I tried things like {!Today;} or {!Date;} but couldn't get anything to work. Thanks, Dave ...