Currency to Print

Is there a way to set up the defaut "Currency To Print:" to Originating when 
printe the Invoice from the Sales Batch ID. There is no problem to print the 
Invoice from Sales transaction Entry, because the default Currency was set 
using Originating.

Thanks,


0
KevinZhou (17)
7/23/2009 3:58:07 PM
greatplains 29623 articles. 3 followers. Follow

6 Replies
799 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 39

Kevin,

Yes. When you select the Print icon in Sales Batch, print options window 
will open where you specify Originating in Print currency in Dropdown. This 
should work the same way as printing invoice from sales transaction entry
-- 
Thanks
Janakiram M.P.
MCP-GP
http://janakirammp.blogspot.com



"Kevin Zhou" wrote:

> Is there a way to set up the defaut "Currency To Print:" to Originating when 
> printe the Invoice from the Sales Batch ID. There is no problem to print the 
> Invoice from Sales transaction Entry, because the default Currency was set 
> using Originating.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> 
0
janakirammp (688)
7/23/2009 4:52:01 PM
Thanks for the quick response, Janakiram.

I knew I can pick up the Originating from the dropdown in Option window, but 
I don't want to do it everytime when I print the invoice from Sales Batch, I 
want it be there by default. Right now, the 'Functional" is there by default.

"Janakiram M.P." wrote:

> Kevin,
> 
> Yes. When you select the Print icon in Sales Batch, print options window 
> will open where you specify Originating in Print currency in Dropdown. This 
> should work the same way as printing invoice from sales transaction entry
> -- 
> Thanks
> Janakiram M.P.
> MCP-GP
> http://janakirammp.blogspot.com
> 
> 
> 
> "Kevin Zhou" wrote:
> 
> > Is there a way to set up the defaut "Currency To Print:" to Originating when 
> > printe the Invoice from the Sales Batch ID. There is no problem to print the 
> > Invoice from Sales transaction Entry, because the default Currency was set 
> > using Originating.
> > 
> > Thanks,
> > 
> > 
0
KevinZhou (17)
7/23/2009 5:36:07 PM
Hi Kevin

You can acheive this using VBA.

I have done exactly this as our accounts office kept sending out invoices in 
the functional currency by mistake.
0
7/23/2009 7:38:04 PM
Hi Tony,

Can you give more detail info how to acheive it in VBA, please. Thanks.

"Tony Mortlock" wrote:

> Hi Kevin
> 
> You can acheive this using VBA.
> 
> I have done exactly this as our accounts office kept sending out invoices in 
> the functional currency by mistake.
0
KevinZhou (17)
7/23/2009 8:44:01 PM
Hi Kevin

I am assuming you have both a customisation site licence and a modifier 
licence in place.

If not you will need to get a MS Business partner to do this for you.


First you need to add the form to VB so open the sales document print 
options screen and press Ctrl + F11.
Now press Shift + F11 (your cursor should change to a form icon) and click 
on the currency to print drop-down. Press Shift + F11 and your cursor should 
go back to normal.

The form and field should now be available in VB.

Now go to Tools, Customise and Visual Basic editor.

Under projects on the left, open up greatplains and double click on 
SalesDocumentPrintOptions (Window)

At the top of the screen that opens there are 2 drop-downs. In the left 
select 'Window' and in the right select 'AfterActivate'.

Add the line: Me.CurrencyToPrint = 2

so it looks like this:

Private Sub Window_AfterActivate()
Me.CurrencyToPrint = 2
End Sub

Save and close VB.

You now need to add access to the modified form to users/groups in security.

You will need to export the modified form using customisation maintenance 
and import it on every machine you need it on.

All the best.

Tony

"Kevin Zhou" wrote:

> Hi Tony,
> 
> Can you give more detail info how to acheive it in VBA, please. Thanks.
> 
> "Tony Mortlock" wrote:
> 
> > Hi Kevin
> > 
> > You can acheive this using VBA.
> > 
> > I have done exactly this as our accounts office kept sending out invoices in 
> > the functional currency by mistake.
0
7/24/2009 9:03:01 AM
Hi Tony,

Thanks a lot. It works.

"Tony Mortlock" wrote:

> Hi Kevin
> 
> I am assuming you have both a customisation site licence and a modifier 
> licence in place.
> 
> If not you will need to get a MS Business partner to do this for you.
> 
> 
> First you need to add the form to VB so open the sales document print 
> options screen and press Ctrl + F11.
> Now press Shift + F11 (your cursor should change to a form icon) and click 
> on the currency to print drop-down. Press Shift + F11 and your cursor should 
> go back to normal.
> 
> The form and field should now be available in VB.
> 
> Now go to Tools, Customise and Visual Basic editor.
> 
> Under projects on the left, open up greatplains and double click on 
> SalesDocumentPrintOptions (Window)
> 
> At the top of the screen that opens there are 2 drop-downs. In the left 
> select 'Window' and in the right select 'AfterActivate'.
> 
> Add the line: Me.CurrencyToPrint = 2
> 
> so it looks like this:
> 
> Private Sub Window_AfterActivate()
> Me.CurrencyToPrint = 2
> End Sub
> 
> Save and close VB.
> 
> You now need to add access to the modified form to users/groups in security.
> 
> You will need to export the modified form using customisation maintenance 
> and import it on every machine you need it on.
> 
> All the best.
> 
> Tony
> 
> "Kevin Zhou" wrote:
> 
> > Hi Tony,
> > 
> > Can you give more detail info how to acheive it in VBA, please. Thanks.
> > 
> > "Tony Mortlock" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi Kevin
> > > 
> > > You can acheive this using VBA.
> > > 
> > > I have done exactly this as our accounts office kept sending out invoices in 
> > > the functional currency by mistake.
0
KevinZhou (17)
7/24/2009 2:03:01 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Printing Calendar Items
Greetings Outlook 2003 Users, I am attempting to print a Table Style list of calendar items within Outlook, and I am 97% the way there to exactly what I need. The one thing I cannot seem to do is increase the row height! One of the fields is Required Attendees, and a few of the items have several people, and Outlook only displays the first two or three until the column runs out of room and displays a "..." at the end of the list. This also happens on a few of the items in the list that have a long Location name. Is there a way to make the rows wrap the text or modify the row heig...

How to print table guidelines
How to print table guidelines You need to apply borders to the table. The gridlines do not print. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "How to print guidelines in Word" <How to print guidelines in Word@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6E03B8A-559D-4A9A-B099-68862FDA7E20@microsoft.com... > How to print table guidelines See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/Gridlines.htm ...

Currency rates
Hi Everybody - I am building a smartlist with smarlist builder with our currency rates but its only shows 2 decimal places - how can I make it show 7 decimal places? In SmartList Builder, click on the field display name so it is highlighted, then click on the blue arrow next to the 'Display Name' heading. Go to the Decimal Places tab to change the number of decimal places shown. I am not sure you'll be able to see 7 though, I think 5 is the limit. If it is absolutely imperative to show all 7 decimal places, then you might need to convert this to a string (I have not trie...

Printing from two sheets in the same workbook
I tried to print from two separate sheets in the same workbook in Excel 2007. I can manage that, but it seems as if Excel creates two different print files, so I cannot print double-sided pages. Does anyone know if it is possible and I'm just doing something wrong? Anyone know how I can do this? Thanks. If you select both sheets prior to printing you will get one print job. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 13:41:15 -0800 (PST), MikeB <MPBrede@gmail.com> wrote: >I tried to print from two separate sheets in the same workbook in >Excel 2007. I can manage that, b...

Excel: When printing some cells will not print text in them
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) When I print an Excel 08 spread sheet, two of the cells that have text in them will not print the text in the cell. All the other cells with text prints fine. The text does not even show up on print preview in the print dialogue box. Any suggestions on how to get it to include the text in these two cells? ...

not collating/stapling sets within one print job
Mary Sauer answered my previous question. Her explanation and link referred to Publisher 2000, 2002 and 2003. Would an upgrade to 2007 eliminate this issue? ...

currency
hi, i am trying to create an if statement with different currency. for example: Col. A B C Value: EUR USD (can either be EUR, USD) (if "A2" is a Euro, then the value goes in "B2." If the Value is in US dollars, then value has to go in "C2." ) How do i write a statement to that can identify between currencies? Thank you, -- hmz nyc hmz you say:- "the value" What do you mean...

Printing or Not Printing Pictures
Using Access 2007. This may not be the best approach but this is what I have done... I am trying to create a home inspection database. In my table for bathroom I have the following fields referring to pictures: TPic as an Attachment to add pictures of a toilet (don't laugh!); SPic for sink; VHPic for Venting/Heating; BTPic for bath-tub; SHPic for Shower..... On the form for each area (I have the form set-up as pages / tabs) each attachment field is on the applicable page. That works fine. The user can add as many pictures as they want easily. I can put the attachment...

Money 2002 check printing
I am using ms money2002 and when I print a check the only thing printed is the name of the payee, date, amt. of check and written amt. of check. No payor header or signature line. ANy Help!!! Are you using blank checks in your printer? The Print Checks functionality only works if you have special checks for your printer, which you typically have to purchase separately. "pinhighcustomgolf" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ca1d01c4225d$28a3e8b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am using ms money2002 and when I print a check the only > thing printed i...

OL2003 Runtime error printing HTML messages
Running Outlook 2003 and anytime i try to invoke the Print dialog, i get a Runtime error (Line 638). Additionally, choosing the Page Setup dialog causes Error 19: Object doesn't support this property or method. Any idea what is causing this? Thanks, Shane ...

Currency
I was having a problem with my printer on Wed. Tech guy looked at and fixed, but then my MS Money was now showing currency in US (I live in Canada). How do I change ALL accounts to Canadian Currency. I did the Tools, options, etc and it changed all accounts back to Canadian, except for 2 - my cash account and my Bank Chequing Account. How do I change them to Canadian Currency. THanks. Money takes its default currency from your operating system. Goto start/settings/control panel/regional settings [depending on your OS] and change whatever is there to Canadian Dollars. "Gary&...

multiple currencies #5
Hi all, I'm running Money 2005 and I want to set it up to manage my UK and my French account. I've set it up as =80 being the base currency and my French account as the main account. I've added my UK account and set it as using British pound as the currency. When I set up the UK account and set the opening balance, then returned to the account listing, it had decided the value I had entered was in =80 and so set a different value. When I then went back to set the opening balance to the equivalent value in euros and again setting the account currency as British pound, it for some r...

sum by currency
I have two column as you see below: EUR 5,000.00 USD 12,500.00 EUR 1,251.00 EUR 12,544.00 USD 5,555.00 GBP 15,455.00 How can I sum the amount Per currencies Tot GBP (function) Tot EUR (function) Tot USD (function) Hi Admin a similar question was asked earlier today - here's the answer i posted to that question couple of options - 1) use data / subtotals to automatically generate this (you can then use the outline levels to hide the details allowing you to print the summary) (ensure that you've sorted by Currency type first) 2) use a pivot tabl...

Print Distribution Details on Miscellaneous Check Print
Guys, Anyone know how to print the details of distribution on the Check while printing the Miscellaneous Check in GP Venu, The check format needs to be modified in Report Writer to add those fields. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Do you have a solution. "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP" wrote: > Venu, > > The check format needs to be modified in Report Writer to add those > fields. > > Frank Hamelly > MCP-GP, MCT > East Coast Dynamics > www.eastcoast-dynamics.com > > ...

Currency not available in currency list
Hi. I need to record bank statements in Egyptian pounds, which is not a currency supported in the list of currencies you can select. How do I specify a currency and exchange rate that is not on the drop down list? Tools, Options, Currencies, Add New Currency. "Ann" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:227f01c3e0e1$40465380$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi. I need to record bank statements in Egyptian pounds, > which is not a currency supported in the list of > currencies you can select. How do I specify a currency and > exchange rate that is not ...

Chart does not show up in print preview and wont print?
I have chart that is a workbook page but when I select print preview it does not shown up, only a blank pages comes up. And so it wont print. How can I fix this? I have Office 2007 and I can not select set print area or clear print area, they are shaded out. ...

Color Printing
First Dilema......If I change the color of a cell from automatic color to another color say red that cell won't print. If I change the cell back to automatic color it will print. I don't change any settings or areas to print. It will however print a chart that is in color. What am I doing wrong? Second Dilema.....I have a HP 722C printer. It will not print in color like a chart. The settings are not set to greyscale. Thanks I don't know the 722C -- but does it carry 1 or 2 cartridges -- is one of them a color cartridge? (Sometimes we forget to check the obvious.) what is p...

Publisher 03 & successfully printing publication
I have tried everything to set my publication so that it will print to the edge of the page with no success. Now I'd just like it to print the entire page - it is leaving a white space - approximately 1/2 inch - at the bottom of each page. Somewhere along the way I've changed enough to create the problem I now have. I've tried the following to correct the problem: change printing preferences, calibrate printer, change margins in the Publisher document, tried bordorless printing, change the master page eliminating heading and footers...nothing has worked. Hi Georgia (Geo...

cannot print receipt in thai
i use epson tmu-220 with epson opos i set character set (opos) for the receipt's property as "874" but i got "?" for all thai characters. please help. ...

rules: how to print them all out?
Is there a way to PRINT out all the rules in created? ...

Print controls
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel It seems important parts of the ability to set up print conditions were lost when I migrated from Widows to Mac. Is there any way to set printing speed, quality, &amp;c? Those are all functions of the printer driver. The settings available depend on the printer & are available in the Print dialog. Open the 'Copies & pages' list to select the category of settings you need. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/27/10 2:21 PM, in article 59bb78e6.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP...

print area multiple sheets
I'm trying to print multiple areas of a large spreadsheet into logical "chunks." In principle, this works when I go into Page Setup/Sheet/Print Area. I input the ranges to print followed by a comma. The problem I'm having is that I cannot get this feature to work consistently. For some combinations this feature works as expected, but in other cases, it seems to override my inputs. I checked to make sure that the print area I selected was smaller than the theoretical limit for the page settings, so that's not the trouble. Anyone else have this trouble? Thanks, jay ...

Printing a small publication
I am using Publisher 2000. I have made a small publication consisting of 8 pages size A5. Now I want to print say 3 copies of the publication I have a standard Minolta Magicolor 2430 laser printer, which can only print on one side of the A4 paper (no duplex printing) When I select page 1 and CtrlP, Active page, 3 copies, uncheck sets (I do not know the English term, but I get all page 1 and then all page 2 etc.) and finally OK, the printer prints 3 sheet with page 1 and page 8. (side by side filling the A4 sheet) Now I want to print pages 2 and 7 on the other side of page 1 and 8 by inse...

Document not printing as formatted
Documents do not print as formatted. Saving prior to printing does not help. Both alignment and font size change when document prints. Seems to happen when view is changed in view menu, or when selecting print preview. Occurs with existing and new documents. The changes occur randomly. OS is Mac 10.3.5 Printer is Epson C84 ...

Printing Members of Distribution List and Email addresses
Hi Folks, We just recently migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. Is there an easy way to get a print out of members of a distribution list and their email address? Used to be a bear in 5.5 so I'm hoping MS made it easier in Exchange 2003. Thanks for your help. Zach You'll need to get this information from Active Directory now. I wrote a small and basic script to do this a few years back which you can find here: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/dumping_group_m.html I'm sure you can modify this to suit your needs, or have a trawl around for more ad...