Ctrl+C (copy) doesn't work within GP

I have a user that when using Ctrl+C to copy in GP 9 doesn't work.  You can
go to edit>>copy and it will, but the hotkey/shortcut doesn't work.

In other programs such as Word it works fine.

In a test the machine was able to copy info from Word and Paste into GP by
using the hotkeys, but another attempt to copy/paste within GP it failed to
copy and just pasted what was previously copied from Word.

Any ideas?
0
Josh1654 (104)

I have run into this a few times but my issue was that if you try to paste
some text into a field in GP that is more than the maximum allowed, then it
just does nothing making me think that it is not working.  Specifically, I
remember doing it with Segment names where the maximim length is say 25
characters and then I was trying to paste 26.  Hope that helps a little

"Josh" wrote:

> I have a user that when using Ctrl+C to copy in GP 9 doesn't work.  You can
> go to edit>>copy and it will, but the hotkey/shortcut doesn't work.
>
> In other programs such as Word it works fine.
>
> In a test the machine was able to copy info from Word and Paste into GP by
> using the hotkeys, but another attempt to copy/paste within GP it failed to
> copy and just pasted what was previously copied from Word.
>
> Any ideas?
0
KevinD (96)
7/2/2009 2:50:12 PM
I've tried to make sure this is not the case, but I just went over to the
user's machine and copied and pasted a name within customer addresses, no
problem.

I'm going to sit with them again and see if we can duplicate the issue and
find out which window they were in.  Doesn't make sense that it would work
for me and not them.  The only thing I did was change to a test company,
tried it and it worked.  Changed back to real company and it worked again.
Not sure what's going on here.

Note: machine wasn't rebooted between the user having an issue and me being
able to do is successfully.  When I did it I selected the text with the mouse
and only the text making sure not to grab a carriage return or any extra
spaces.

I'll come back if I have some more info.

"Kevin D" wrote:

> I have run into this a few times but my issue was that if you try to paste
> some text into a field in GP that is more than the maximum allowed, then it
> just does nothing making me think that it is not working.  Specifically, I
> remember doing it with Segment names where the maximim length is say 25
> characters and then I was trying to paste 26.  Hope that helps a little
>
> "Josh" wrote:
>
> > I have a user that when using Ctrl+C to copy in GP 9 doesn't work.  You can
> > go to edit>>copy and it will, but the hotkey/shortcut doesn't work.
> >
> > In other programs such as Word it works fine.
> >
> > In a test the machine was able to copy info from Word and Paste into GP by
> > using the hotkeys, but another attempt to copy/paste within GP it failed to
> > copy and just pasted what was previously copied from Word.
> >
> > Any ideas?
0
Josh1654 (104)
7/2/2009 3:02:01 PM
Josh,

There have been a number of threads on this in the past, here are some that
you might find interesting:

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.greatplains/browse_thread/thread/c1bec597aa35e87f/37655de54829a4d9?

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.greatplains/browse_thread/thread/22f94f5c44ad1f0c/5e4e8ade3af8e095?

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.greatplains/browse_thread/thread/ebe782acd46b5d91/b826e960feade916?

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Josh" <Josh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've tried to make sure this is not the case, but I just went over to the
> user's machine and copied and pasted a name within customer addresses, no
> problem.
>
> I'm going to sit with them again and see if we can duplicate the issue and
> find out which window they were in.  Doesn't make sense that it would work
> for me and not them.  The only thing I did was change to a test company,
> tried it and it worked.  Changed back to real company and it worked again.
> Not sure what's going on here.
>
> Note: machine wasn't rebooted between the user having an issue and me
> being
> able to do is successfully.  When I did it I selected the text with the
> mouse
> and only the text making sure not to grab a carriage return or any extra
> spaces.
>
> I'll come back if I have some more info.
>
> "Kevin D" wrote:
>
>> I have run into this a few times but my issue was that if you try to
>> paste
>> some text into a field in GP that is more than the maximum allowed, then
>> it
>> just does nothing making me think that it is not working.  Specifically,
>> remember doing it with Segment names where the maximim length is say 25
>> characters and then I was trying to paste 26.  Hope that helps a little
>>
>> "Josh" wrote:
>>
>> > I have a user that when using Ctrl+C to copy in GP 9 doesn't work.  You
>> > can
>> > go to edit>>copy and it will, but the hotkey/shortcut doesn't work.
>> >
>> > In other programs such as Word it works fine.
>> >
>> > In a test the machine was able to copy info from Word and Paste into GP
>> > by
>> > using the hotkeys, but another attempt to copy/paste within GP it
>> > failed to
>> > copy and just pasted what was previously copied from Word.
>> >
>> > Any ideas?

0
victoria (3340)
7/3/2009 10:20:33 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_404D10B7

I know that if you copy an excel cell, it has a carriage return at the end and that will stop it being pasted into GP.  You would need to
press F2 and select the contents of the cell rather than the cell itself.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.

------=_NextPart_0001_404D10B7

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang3081{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 I know that if you copy an excel cell, it has a carriage return at the end and that will stop it being pasted into GP.  You would need to press F2 and select the contents of the cell rather than the cell itself.
\par
\par David Musgrave [MSFT]
\par Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
\par Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
\par
\par Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
\par
\par mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
\par
\par Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_404D10B7--

0
dmusgrav7144 (312)

Qry showing AutoNumber as A. B or C.
Hi; Using a Select Qry to display the ID Autonumber of an open Form. IDNumber: [Forms]![frmCustomers]![txtCustomerID] Note: txtCustomerID is an Alias for CustomerID. When the Qry is run it shows the ID number as A, B or C. Although it shows as a number on the Frm. And it will continue to add Alpha letters if the User adds new records. Even tried adding a control with its source as Name: FedFromID Record Source=txtCustomerID and changing IDNumber: [Forms]![frmCustomers]![FedFromID] Would someone be so kind to point me in the correct direction to correct this. Thank You for taking the ...

copying and pasting rows
hey guys, I need some help, I need to copy a row, and paste it into the next available empty row on a separate sheet, any help would be much appreciated!!! thanks, Josh Ashcraft Maybe this will help you Josh http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy1.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "josh ashcraft" <joshashcraft@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0d3a01c35c37$0569ead0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > hey guys, > I need some help, > I need to copy a row, and paste it into the next available > empty row on a separate sheet, any help would ...

getting a sumif statement to work across multiple files
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to get a sumif statement to wor across different files. Currently I have three files, one for currency conversions, one fo items purchased for specific accounts, and third the cover shee listing balances for all the accounts. The cover sheet has a sumif statement linking once to the currenc conversion file and once to the items purchased file, for differen items. When I do this however, it gives me a '#VALUE' response. As soo as I open the file, it links properly, but once I close it the erro pops up. Also, if I combine the three spreadsheets ...

Why can't I copy text after sending file as email in Publisher
I selected a template from Microsoft's website and edited it. After sending it as an email (email sent as message), I am not able to highlight the text. I am sending this as a press release, and therefor need this function to able reporters to copy/paste the text. If I start my own design (and don't use a template) highlighting isn't a problem. Any ideas? When Publisher sends something as an email it changes the format. It basically turns it into a picture. I don't think I'd use Publisher for a press release (depending on your field). As much as I love Pub, I'd u...

About using CDO to send email within Excel
Hello Excel Experts: Urgent help is required from you IT guys. I need to send emails silently within Excel using VBA, and the following code doesn't work for me (the code is found from PaulSadowski.com): Sub Mail_Small_Text_CDO() Dim iMsg As Object Dim iConf As Object Dim strbody As String Dim Flds As Variant Set iMsg = CreateObject("CDO.Message") Set iConf = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration") iConf.Load -1 ' CDO Source Defaults Set Flds = iConf.Fields With Flds .Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/conf...

Simple question: Can I a lookup across multiple columns? (ie, if c and d = j and k)
Say I want to match a value from column a and column b with a value tha is somewhere in column j and column k, and if it does make the value o the selected cell the value in column l. Ex: A B C J K L 1 2 2 3 x 4 5 6 7 y 8 9 1 2 z In that example the lookup would give back the value of z for the firs c column entry and nothing for the others since 4 and 5, and, 8 and do not match up with any two columns in j and k -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Something like this might work for you: I put the table in A1:L3. I put 1 i...

CTRL+1 and CTRL+ALT+T problems
When I use the CTRL+1 shortcut in Outlook 2007, it opens the mail view which is good. Problem is, it selects the default Inbox folder that I don't use. I have to scroll down the list of folders to get to my actual Inboxes. Is there a way to specify which Inbox Outlook selects when using the CTRL+1 command? What if I was to just delete the empty default Inbox that it always lands on? My second question is, why doesn't Outlook 2007 bring up a new task window when typing the CTRL+ALT+T command? I was told this should work even if you're in a different program or ...

My right click menu is not working.
I used to be able to right click with my mouse and get a menu that would allow me to copy, paste etc... I have lost that ability... How do I get it back... I know it is something simple... Try typing this in the VBE immediate window application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled=true -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Right click mouse in excel to copy" <Right click mouse in excel to copy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F811C55-FD84-4747-9E9F-469D62C4E07A@microsoft.com... > I used to be able to right click wit...

Is it worthwhile to start learning and using C# and forms instead of C++ and MFC?
Now that I've learned to make C++ GUIs using MFC-dialogs and -Doc/View apps, is it worth my time to start using C# and formviews? The only argument I've heard from people (who btw do not know how to use MFC) is "but forms in c# are so much easier". Well, I don't think MFC is hard and can't imagine anything easier, especially when I can do things in MFC I have no idea about how to even get started with in c# forms. It's always a good idea to learn as much as possible. Microsoft is obviously pushing .NET and specifically C# (check out the options for C# in VS...

Problem copying named range
I have a named range on a Lookup sheet which I am trying to copy to a destination on the main sheet (Mobiles). The range named PlugIn occupied V4:Z4 on the Lookup sheet and has a border round the entire area (none internal). This is a region title and only has text in V4. Using the following bits of code to copy the range to V6 on the Mobiles sheet, I end up with the text in V6 as expected, but the border only surrounds V6, not V6:Z6. With Worksheets("Lookup") Set PlugIn = .Range("PlugIn") End With PlugIn.Copy (Worksheets("Mobiles").Ran...

Anybody knows native group to discuss C++ fundas ?
Hi, anybody please know microsoft newsgroup to discuss C++ fundamentals and concepts ?? does ms have such kind of group to discuss c or c++ problems.. ?? -- --Jigar Mehta Software Developer +91 98258 69961 Microsoft.public.vc.language "Jigar Mehta" <jigar.programmer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:enuTCpmVFHA.3076@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, anybody please know microsoft newsgroup to discuss C++ fundamentals and > concepts ?? does ms have such kind of group to discuss c or c++ problems.. > ?? > > > -- > --Jigar Mehta > Software Developer > ...

Copy calculated field
Hi, Is it possible to copy the calculated fields from one pivot report to another? I have to re-create a pivot report from a database based on a current report. There are a few such reports that need to be re-created and each report has a number of calculated fields. I am hoping to find an easier way to create these formulas (calculated fields) rather than creating each one manually for each report. Any help is greatly appreciated. HB If you copy the entire pivot table and paste it somewhere else, the new table will use the existing pivot cache, including all the calcul...

From Borland C++ 502 to Visual C++ 6
HI,I need help!!! I've the source code of a software written with Borland C++ 5.02 IDE. I want to port this code from Borland C++ 502 to Visual C++ 6. Is this possible?? Do you have any advice for me?? Thank's for All Jasp Jasp, I've done this by hand a long time ago, porting from Borland 5.x to MSVC++. And by hand is how I think you'll have to do it as well. A good way to start is to create an empty app, of the same type as the BC one (SDI, MDI or whatever), and add resources. Create dialog box classes, and go through each dialog box class in the original, map the sa...

BCC (Blue Carbon Copy)
I am trying to paste some address from a program which recquire to be doneto the BCC window in Outlook Express, but when in Outlook Express I open the New Message Window I do not see the BCC option. Which is the way to paste a group of e-mails from an address book outside Outlook express which program recquire to be paste in the BCC window inside Outlook Express? Thanks for you help! Ruben View-> BCC or press on the To: button Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link...

GP 10 Upgrade Fails with Error (135) on GL00100, GL00201, PM70500
I completed all prep procedures and started upgrade. Dynamics DB runs through ok but fails on first company. This is SQL 2005 sp3 running on 2008 server. Upgrading from GP 9.00.0358 to GP 10.00.1257. ------=_NextPart_0001_5031880F Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting to Newsgroups. Failure on the GL00100 table usually results in the table being recreated for the upgrade to go through successfully. However, since the process of troubleshooting a failed upgrade can be a fairly complex process, I suggest opening a support case, providing t...

Printing multiple duplex copies with Publisher 2003
I have a user printing from PUblisher 2003 (with Windows XP SP2) to an HP 5500 dtn network printer. When she tries to print multiple copies in duplex mode it only prints one copy no matter how many copies she asks for. Another user printing the same file from Publisher 2002 to the same printer can print multiple duplex copies- though this user has to go to the Basics tab to change the number of copies (the Number of copies option is greyed out in the Copies section of the Print window) . We have tried 3 different current HP drivers for the printer, PCL 5c, PCL6 (the one we normally use)...

Default print is 20800 copies!
I'm using Excel:Mac 2001 on a Mac running OS 9.2 When I open the document and print, it prints one copy. However, when I send the document to colleagues using Excel X for Ma on OS X, and they hit print, the default number of copies shows a 20800. (And if they don't pay attention, the printer dutifully start printing the twenty thousand copies). Any solutions? Where can I adjust the default print number in Excel X? Thank -- Tim_ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Tim_E's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&user...

fatal error c1189: MFC need c++ compiler.
fatal error c1189: when I compile a vc project, it show the error message: MFC need c++ compiler, please tell me the steps to solve this problem. I appreciate your help. -- jake I have never seen it. Sounds like something is not installed correctly. Does it work if you create a new simple wizard generated project? If not, you probably need a good install. If it does, then you have issue with your project. See this and do some googling on C1189: -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Jakein2006" <peng_xh@163.com> wrote in message news:6B4AECD1-C6FA-4CD6-8D76-5D7...

Evaluating GP for customization
Hi - My company is starting to evaluate the possibility of customizing GP for a vertical market. Before we get too far into the process, I'd love to hear from people who have already done customizations. How difficult is it to modify the business logic? Is it all in stored procedures or is a lot of it tied up with the UI? From looking at the GP data structure, I think we'd have to add our own custom tables to the system as well. Do any of you have any advice based on your experience with this? Sorry for the vague question - just wanted to get a general sense of people...

Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V not working?
I have a coworker whose Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V shortcut keys do not work in Excel XP. No one else in our work group has this problem. We checked with our IT support person and he is stumped as well. He can right-click and copy/paste that way...but cannot copy/paste using the shortcut keys. Any ideas? Try opening excel in safe mode: Windows Start button Excel /safe Do you still have the problem? If no, then maybe there's a "helpful" macro that's stealing your ctrl-c/ctrl-V's. Do any of the ctrl- shortcuts work? (maybe it's a malfunctioning keyboard). Ryan Sp...

Not receiving any inbound email, outbound works fine.
I have new Comcast hi speed service and new computer with Vista Home Premium, Office Pro 2007 and MS Outlook. Everything works but my inbound email. Comcast has tried to help and their messages get through and so do MS Outlook test messages, but nothing else. Have turned off anti-virus email scanning on both in and outbound emails. Firewall still running. Ports re-set to Comcast's specs. Still can't receive ANY inbound email from anyone else. JournalistJane <JournalistJane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have new Comcast hi speed service and new computer with Vist...

PreTranslateMessage and Ctrl + A
Hello NG, how can I check in PreTranslateMessage, if the user has pressed Ctrl and A? if(pMsg->message==WM_KEYDOWN) { pMsg->wParam; //?? Ctrl+A ? pMsg->lParam; //?? Ctrl+A ? } Thanks for help, Guido On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:42:17 +0200, "Guido Franzke" <guidof73@yahoo.de> wrote: >Hello NG, > >how can I check in PreTranslateMessage, if the user has pressed Ctrl and A? > > if(pMsg->message==WM_KEYDOWN) > { > pMsg->wParam; //?? Ctrl+A ? > pMsg->lParam; //?? Ctrl+A ? > } > >Thanks ...

wait cursor not working
Does anyone know of any issues with CWaitCursor and AfxBeginThread? If I begin a thread from a dialog's initinstance, and call CWaitCursor from within the MainFunc of the thread, the cursor does not change to an hourglass but remains an arrow. Has anyone has similar experiences? Jeremy. >Does anyone know of any issues with CWaitCursor and AfxBeginThread? > >If I begin a thread from a dialog's initinstance, and call CWaitCursor from >within the MainFunc of the thread, the cursor does not change to an >hourglass but remains an arrow. Jeremy, The cursor will only ch...

Junk Mail Filter seems not work
Hi, I have Outlook 2003 installed, and turned on junk mail filter (Tools -> Options -> Preferences -> Jun Email -> High). It seems that this function never works on my machine. If I logon to another machine with my NT account inside same domain, Outlook 2003 on that machine works, and it moves some junk mails to "Junk-Email" folder, but it never happens on my local machine. What else do I need to configurate? I am lost. -- WWW: http://www.imagestation.com/members/hardywang ICQ: 3359839 yours Hardy Are you using Cached Exchange Mode on the machine where t...

Copy formulas #3
Hello, I have a forumla in a cell which I need to copy and paste to a variable number of cell directly below. Currently I have set up a little macro that copies and pastes the formulas to the 250 cells below. Unfortunatley I never know how many cells the forumla needs to be copied to. What I really want to check whether cell A1 contains data, if it does then pastes the forumala, then look at A2, if that contains data then paste the forumla and so on until the cell checked is empty. I know this is possible but don't know how to do it. Please help me. -- sgrech -----------------...