cross company bank transfers

We have many clients who need to be able to perform bank transfers that span
companies.  In other words, they will have many bank accounts for different
companies, but say one payroll account.  The bank transfers money between the
accounts, but within GP, they issue a check from one company to another.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b2bf31a7-af3a-447b-982b-44796d8a5e57&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

There are 3rd party ISV's that provide for this functionality

If interested you can reach me @ michael.bloom@journeyteam.com

Thank you

"Allow Distributed queries in SmartLists"
<AllowDistributedqueriesinSmartLists@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:B2BF31A7-AF3A-447B-982B-44796D8A5E57@microsoft.com...
> We have many clients who need to be able to perform bank transfers that
> span
> companies.  In other words, they will have many bank accounts for
> different
> companies, but say one payroll account.  The bank transfers money between
> the
> accounts, but within GP, they issue a check from one company to another.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b2bf31a7-af3a-447b-982b-44796d8a5e57&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

Printing Bank Account
I can't print just one back account...at a time...when I select print it prints out all transactions from all bank accounts. In microsoft.public.money, dd wrote: >I can't print just one back account...at a time...when I >select print it prints out all transactions from all bank >accounts. What screen are you looking at when you do File->Print? ...

Security Class Roll Down to a list of Companies
You should have the ability to add companies to a user class. This way when you roll down security, it will only affect the companies selected instead of all companies. If you have a user that has different security for different companies, and you roll down a class security change that this user belongs to, then all of that users security changes. If you could assign which companies it would roll down to, then the company that is different wouldn't be affected. Also it would be nice to be able to assign a user to multiple classes, which would affect a different list of companies...

Creating Cross-Project Links
Hi 1). What is the usage of Creating Cross-Project Links ? As I understand, "Cross-project links are useful when two or more projects have only a few tasks that affect one another. For example, a milestone within a development project might trigger a task in an advertising campaign project." 2). How it is implemented in Project 2007 ? When I copied the task from the source project into my project ( target project ) using "Paste Special", the new task I created become another task in my target project. My observation is both task ( ie. task in the source...

Customer Cross Reference
2nd Request - Posted a few Months Ago, No Reply --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Has anyone out there used the Customer Part Number Cross Ref v8.0? I loaded a customer list the other day. When I entered the Customer Number on the Sales Order, it was instantly converted over to our number. Worked Great... I'm wondering if there is a way to automatically reference the original Customer Number on the Packing List and/Or Invoice or is that something that needs to be manually typed in. I tried adding notes, but I don't know if they carry down...

No "Move Mailbox" cross site migration
Hi everybody: We have a forest with subdomains, the main domain is AD 2000 and has 1 Cluster Exchange 2003 SP1, 1 Server Exchange 2003 SP1 with ADC SP1 and SRS, and 3 Exchange 5.5 in the same Exchange 5.5 site. We have 8 subdomains in AD2000 with Exchange 5.5 SP4 server with hotfix applied for cross-site in each subdomain, and they had an own site in Exchange 5.5. We are trying to consolidate and move all mailbox and public folders to the Exchange 2003 cluster, we did the domainprep in each subdomain and create a RUS in the Exchange 2003 cluster to each subdomain. When we tried to move cros...

Bank One E-Pay Problems
I've seen very little chatter about Bank One's "exciting" new online system so I'm guessing a lot of people don't care that the bank is taking your money out several days early (and earning interest on it while they do) but let me get to my question: Checks that will be electronically sent are taken out two days early, checks manually written by the bank come out five days early. But in my Money '04 register each electronic payment is dated THREE days early and manual payments come out SIX days early (Money is adding one extra day to every e-payment. Bank One s...

Cross table
Hi everybody !! i come again here with a problem i can seem to solve :s i hope someone will be able to give me a hand on this... here it is : i have a sheet with 2 rows: location and activity. several activities can be found in one location, even several of the same activities. schematic exemple location activity 1 A 1 B 2 A 3 A 3 B 3 C 4 B 4 C I would like to create something that give me as a result a sheet where we can see the spatial relations between the activities. so i would have all...

msde test company
Anyone know how to get this script to work? RESTORE DATABASE TEST FROM DISK = 'C:\Forms\CDS_July8-2004.bak' WITH FILE = 1, NOUNLOAD, STATS = 10, RECOVERY, REPLACE, MOVE 'GPSCDSDat.mdf' TO 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine\MSSQL$CDS\Data\GPSTESTDat.mdf', MOVE 'GPSCDSLog.ldf' TO 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine\MSSQL$CDS\Data\GPSTESTLog.ldf' without getting this error? Server: Msg 5105, Level 16, State 2, Line 1 Device activation error. The physical file name 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Desk...

Sample Company GP 8 date
In GP 8, when we use sample company, the date will be automatically set to 2007. Is there a way to make the date work normally? Check the knowledgebase to see if you can find anything. The sample data is primarily in 2007 so it makes sense that the date changes to accomodate it. "ano" wrote: > In GP 8, when we use sample company, the date will be automatically set to > 2007. Is there a way to make the date work normally? > > No, I don't have access to CustomerSource. It's really bad even though I am buying GP. Can somebody kindly check for me? I wan...

Citizens Bank New Englad area
I was trying to add in my citizens bank account so i went through the list, found citizens and went to add it. asks for the account info, i give it, it spins its wheels for a bit and dies. I check the review update results and it just tells me to set it up. There are about 30 different Citizens Banks in the list, i just used the most generic one "Citizens Bank" but has anyone been able to connect to them? If so did i select the wrong one? Is there a more advanced log someplace that may tell me whats going wrong? Thanks Justin It's the one that has "consumer"...

cross-reference
I created a cross reference in word to a section of my document that has a heading of 'Heading 3' I used Heading for the reference type and for Insert reference to I used Heading Number (Full context). I was expecting to get something like this 4.8.2 but instead I just got 0. is there some setting somewhere that needs to be tweaked? Make sure that numbering is correctly applied to your headings. If you are using Word 2007, you can choose the "1 Heading 1 1.1 Heading 2 1.1.1 Heading 3" format at Home tab | Multilevel List. If you are using Word 2003, see http://www...

MS Money Bank Accounts and Credit Cards Not Updating
Is anyone else having trouble getting their bank accounts and credit accounts to update? For the last TWO WEEKS! I have been waiting patiently to look at account transactions. When I update accounts, my account homepage shows that I have X transactions to read; but when I click to read the updates, they are not in my register. No number of iterations and refreshes has got the updates to show up. Money info central has had the same unhelpful message for the last week or so: "You may experience problems getting accounts to update in MSN Money or within Money 2005 or 2006.We are w...

cross reference
Greeting all, Hope you experts can help me with following issue. I have 2 order information spreadsheets, the first one has a column which is our product codes, the second one is a reference which has 2 columns map our product codes to customers product codes. Is there any easy way in Excel which can replace our product codes in first excel file with our customer product codes in second excel file? I know I can use Access to do that, just want find out a simple way in Excel. Do I need to write any VB ? Thank you very much in advance!! ------------------------------------------------ ~~...

Money 2k7 online banking update: PayPal Money Market Funds gone?
I've been using Money 2k7 for a while now (2k6 and 2k5 as well), and I've been able to do online updates for my PayPal account by setting Money upt o sync with the "PayPal - Money Market Funds" online banking. However, after this update (which I've just done), there is no longer an entry for *any* PayPal online service. WTF?!?!?!? It was there prior to the "update", it worked fine, but now it's gone?!?!? I've looked thru any of the other ones, hoping that it was called something different, but there's nothing. Not sure what to do, other than ...

File Cross Checking
All: I need your help in this issue: I have a folder with 100 of PDF files and i have an excel spread sheet sheet of a list of files I need to check against the folder if my excel list have those files. How do I do it in a faster way? Thanks in advance. Alish. ...

Bank Reconciliation and multicurrency revaluation don't match
We are running bank reconciliation and multicurrency revaluation reports that are giving us different ending balance for our USD cash account. Any idea why would that be? Thanks, GG ...

retreiving company name/id in crystal
We use GPv8, SQL2000, Crystal 10 (?). I would like to be able to print the company name and id at the top of a crystal report without hardcoding it. That way the same report, run against different GP company databases in SQL Server would print the appropriate company name on top of the report...sounds simple, but I can only find a reference to the company name in MASTER/SY01500(?). In that file is a companyid field, but I can't find anything in the ABC company's database to link back to this with. Thanks, Rob Hello Rob, The way I have done that to keep it simple is: Crea...

How do I transfer color formats from one work sheet to another
SheetA contain a number of cells formatted in red and a number in blue (most are black). I wish to transfer this color format to SheetB, but offsetting the cells by two columns. Thus if cell A3 is red in SheetA, I want cell C3 to be red in SheetB, and if it is blue I want the color in SheetB to be blue. And I want this for the whole spreadsheet. Any help with a macro? Thanks You could select the region from which you want to transfer and then click on the "Format Painter" button on the standard toolbar. Then on the second sheet, select the column offset 2 from ori...

FP2002 transfer files
Any specific procedure to transfer FP2002 files from and old computer to be used on another computer running FP2003? How to move an existing website from an old computer to a new computer (courtesy of MVP Ron Symonds) http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/?fl=1052388890 -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "dresdenron" <dresdenron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C321D477-27BE-4912-A70B-2FDD029D9D4D@microsoft.com... : Any specific procedure to transfer FP2002 files from and old computer to be :...

How do I cross out a word in Publisher?
I have copied a Word document into a Publisher document. In the Word document there are some words that are crossed out. I want them to show as crossed out in my Publisher document...but they aren't. How do I cross out words in Publisher? You will need to draw a line and place it over the word. Grouping it with the textbox will keep it in place (as long as you don't change the size of the box). -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "NATCH-9" <NATCH-9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Reports from many companies
Hi, we have GP 8 and SQL 2000 sp4 and we have 10 companies on GP and each one with 2 warehouse. We want to make reports "concentrated" from sales, payables account, etc. What do you recommend to do this? Thanks. I'm not sure what you mean. Do you want specific reports to be system-wide or are you trying to build reports that include data from multiple modules? You will need to build reports, regardless of the answer. GP has no way to pull data from multiple companies into a single report. The OLAP cubes are multi-company if you purchase that additional feature. Yo...

Company Name Problems / SBS
I'm installing standard on a new Win2K Small Business Server from the Action Pack I sent in the Activation and was given a key for "Riddle, Inc." Install tells me the Riddle, Inc. already exists and I saw other posts indicating the chars like ".," are a problem. Do I need to request a new Company/Key? Looks like uninstall reinstall is required to change name (with manual SQL deletes)? ---- Also I have MSDN which I'm told has Pro. How to I get a key for it? How can you tell one distribution from the other? Both just say CRM Server 1.0. Is the difference just the...

Transfer Money 98 to money 2004
I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current data to new computer w/ money 2004. In microsoft.public.money, Brad Karris wrote: >I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new >computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current >data to new computer w/ money 2004. If you have a USB flash drive on the old machine, copy your .mny file there. Then copy the file to the new machine-- usually to your "My Documents" folder. In Windows Explorer, double-left-click the file on your new machine to ...

Memo field in cross tab query
Am using Access 2007. I'm linking to a "View" in SQL Server 2005. I want to create a crosstab query based on that view, however some of the fields in the view table are Memo and will not show up as options in the cross tab query wizard. Is there a work around for this? Thanks! Your help is very much appreciated! You could use a select query that has calculated field to pull the left 255 character of the memo field. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Anne721" wrote: > Am using Access 2007. I'm linking to a "View" in SQL Server 20...

Cross-Referencing
I have a student doing cross referencing where some of the end notes aren't showing up in his list of choices in the Cross-Reference dialog box. Make sure that all of the endnotes were properly created, that is, via the Footnote and Endnote dialog box. Also, is the student tracking changes? If so, he or she may have to accept changes in order for the Cross-reference dialog box to work correctly. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "jennsnoddy" <jennsnoddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89BDBB52-11B1-4BBD-8721-D990394E83F3@microsoft.c...