Credit Limits

We get our shipments from our two main suppliers once a month.  I have been
taking the backorders and transferring them as a batch to Orders.  When we
have a customer that is over their credit limit, the backorder doesn't
transfer so I have to transfer these each individually.  The problem is that
items are being allocated to orders that may not have been the oldest first.
Is there a way to allow transferring of documents for customers that are
over their credit limit?

Thanks

Angie

0
angelam1 (36)

Angie,

You will need to go to Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > Setup > Sales >
Receivables, and enter (or remove) the password to allow customers to exceed
their credit limit. However, from a business perspective, this is a double
edge sword. If you override the credit limit, you may be allowing customers
with a dubious payment history to increase their balances. I guess, this is
for your company to decide.

Another alternative is to put a credit hold on the back order document and
remove the password to exceed credit limit. In this way, you will be able to
manually control what documents you let through.

Hopefully this helps,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Angie" wrote:

> We get our shipments from our two main suppliers once a month.  I have been
> taking the backorders and transferring them as a batch to Orders.  When we
> have a customer that is over their credit limit, the backorder doesn't
> transfer so I have to transfer these each individually.  The problem is that
> items are being allocated to orders that may not have been the oldest first.
> Is there a way to allow transferring of documents for customers that are
> over their credit limit?
>
> Thanks
>
> Angie

0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Credit Card charge/credit
I have a credit card 'charge' transaction that was later credited back to me. I categorized the original charge but I want the credit to offset the expense in that category. Is the only solution to this not categorizing the original transaction? or is there another way to do it? Thanks, Scott Use the same category for the credit transaction. Money will ask if you are sure this is what you want to do. Say yes. <imscoop22@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1104599274.971858.51860@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I have a credit card 'charge' transaction that was...

Process Credit Cards?
I currently have Money 2005 SB. I'm considering moving to 2007 H&SB. My big question is, will I be able to process credit cards (accept them from my customers) with Small Business, or do I have to get the Small Business Accounting product to run side by side with this? Thanks! ...

Limiting downloads on a wireless router
I would like to give access to the Internet for clients in my waiting room. But is there a way to stop carrying out huge downloads? They would be using their own laptops or iphones. Is there a wireless router out there which can set a download limit for a particular MAC address? or perhaps a setting on a normal router (to which the wireless router is attached) which limits downloads to a certain IP address on the LAN. thanks in advance. In article <OqQ$UypBLHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, x@noSpamMail.com says... > > I would like to give access to the In...

Calculate credit card APR
I am using excel 07. I would like to know how to setup a formula to calculate credit card apr or a pre done form that i can download. I have been searching but can not find exactly what i am looking for. I would like to enter current balance, apr and have it calculate what the interest is then have it minus payment and then recalculate balance and have it continue for the next month. I am not sure if this is enough information but i hope it is a start. Any information would help. Thanks in advance. Rob Rob wrote: > I am using excel 07. I would like to know how to setup a formula ...

Exchange 2003 Database Limit Question
Dear all, If users move messages using Outlook client from the exchange server to a local personal folder (pst). Is this equivalent to a delete operation as far as Exchange server is concerned? Thanks. Regards, Kueh. On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 21:58:19 +0800, "KA Kueh" <kka@ksm.com.my> wrote: >Dear all, > >If users move messages using Outlook client from the exchange server to a >local personal folder (pst). Is this equivalent to a delete operation as >far as Exchange server is concerned? Thanks. > >Regards, >Kueh. > Yes, If you move messa...

Global client credit limit doesn't send to store
We change credit limit of various global clients. But it didn't change in the store. Are we missing a step? ...

M02 w/XP in USA; credit card acct balancing, with no new charges
We use no internet services, enter each transaction into the account the goods were purchased, splitting the items into catergories as desired. I balance all accounts with the monthly statements. each month an amount is automatically paid to this credit card account that gets no new purchases. How can I get the interest paid to the CC company into the proper catagory. Thanks so much, been wrestling with this for 3 months. Enter a transaction when balancing from the statements against some category like Interest Expense:Other Interest? "barb e" <anonymous@discussions....

Credit Card
wells fargo is my credit card prosesser & they are really bad i never was able to reconsile my bank account cuze they deposit the money when ever they want please i'm in urgent need for a good company to replace wellfargo & that is easy to reconsile the statment & desent fees any suggestion i wanna a company that do deposit based on my setteled batch & charge my account with the fees at the end of the month -- maher almasri This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_028E_01C6D6C5.B4A93FD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8&quo...

Business Portal Credits & Returns
It would be great if we could process credits and returns in Business Portal Order Management. -- Carl F. Johnson ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=32539a35-...

# of mailbox limits on 2003
My first Exchange 2003 server is getting ready to be installed and I can't seem to find anywhere if there is a recommendation on how many mailboxes should be on one server. We are running the enterprise edition. Are there suggested limits - or does it matter because of the multiple storage groups? TIA Nancy Stevens nstevens@tycoint.com There may be a physical limitation WAY up there, but I am not sure. You would really have to gauge it on the size of the accounts, amount of email traffic in/out/across/through, connection method for the users, & more. 1000 mailboxes @ 100M each...

limit # of chars in a cell
Hi My question is: how to limit a number o characters in a cell? I'd like make for example col A to be able to write only 8 chars per cell and only text or only numbers. s. Try Text length option of Data>Validation! -- Regards! Stefi „soonic” ezt írta: > Hi > > My question is: how to limit a number o characters in a cell? I'd like make > for example col A to be able to write only 8 chars per cell and only text or > only numbers. > > s. > > . > ...

Debit or Credit notes not updating to GL
Hi, I have problem in GP 10 SP4, accidently removed the link in Tools>Setup>Posting>Posting> :Series:Series Origin: Receivables Sales Entry post to GL not checked, I have checked and tested 1 trsancation and its updating in GL. I have some old trsansaction which not updated in GL, How can i make this whole data to GL, instead of entring one by one. Rgs Saf Hi Saf, I am not aware of any option and I believe there none. "saifu" wrote: > Hi, > > I have problem in GP 10 SP4, accidently removed the link in > Tools>Setup>...

mailmerge record limit?
Hi All, Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of records (in Excel) you can safely use as the data source for a mailmerge in one go, please? Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

How to exclude one user from being affected by mailbox limits.
Hi, We are using Exchange 2003 Stadard Edition. We have put a 300MB limit on the mailbox store. However we would like the manager to have a 500MB limit but we can't find anything that would exclude him from being affected from the limits. Can someone shed some light on this for me please? Thanks for your help, Jamie In news:5ACF0054-7FAB-45B8-89D4-41F4359376A2@microsoft.com, Jamie Tanner <JamieTanner@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > We are using Exchange 2003 Stadard Edition. > > We have put a 300MB limit on the mailbox store. However we would like...

Credit where credit is due
Something has dawned me lately. Several/most of us have been recommending users to use PrimoPDF for their documents. I did a little homework and found that if not for Erika we'd still be recommending other conversion software, most with some sort of a nominal fee involved. That's not a *bad* thing but let's face it, it's still an expense that we'd prefer not to incur. Erika, I would like to let you know that I've recommended PrimoPDF many, many times based on your posts. I've received a lot of positive feedback from my fellow guild newsletter editors. They ar...

Credit Card Charges and Expense Reports
I purchase pretty much everything on my credit card (for the miles) and pay it off every month. I use the categories within the credit card accounts to specify what the expense was for. But when I look at the expense report, it lumps all CC expenses into the CC category. I want to know what I'm spending my money on, not how it's being paid for. How do I split the items into their proper categories on the reports? Thanks! So many questions, so little time. What version/edition of Money? If M05/6/7/+ are you using Advanced Register or Essential Register? Advanced Reports or Es...

How to apply an over-credit to a sale?
Ok, we had an online customer overpay his order using a money order. So, when I tendered the money order, he had about $45 coming back to him. Well, he just wanted that applied to his account. So, I selected (Payment) and applied the $45 to his account. It warned me that it was an overpayment and I clicked OK. Now, on his next sale, how do I apply that $45 credit? Just apply 45 to his house account. When you tender the sale it will deduct 45 form his account and then it will be zero "nutribodies" <nutribodies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD033E...

Import AR Credit Memos and auto-apply
Looking for a silver bullet. Does anyone know of a way to import receivables credit memos and apply them to specified invoices as part of the import? GP 10, SP2 environment. Looking for a way to do this using integration manager, or econnect, or Scribe, or 3rd party. Thanks. -- Jim@TurboChef ------=_NextPart_0001_0891FB2E Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting. We are excited to introduce you to a new and improved Partner Online Technical Community Experience. Please post this new inquiry to our new forums-based platform here: http:/...

Credit card ?
We are running our credit cards thru RMS. Is there a way that I can set it for a minmum amount? I would like to make it to where the cashier cant make a sale for under three dollars. Thanks No You can not set minimum for credit card. You can post suggetion for RMS and I will vote for it. -- Thank You Harjit SherGill /DBA Altaville Market 324 South Main st po box 370 Altaville CA 95221 Tel : 209-729-1410 vendaliajat@yahoo.com "Doug Pic-N-Pac" <DougPicNPac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43D746C1-FB2F-49DD-83AB-76DEF349D4CD@microsoft.com... > We are...

Processing Credit Cards
What do I need to do to process credit card transactions from within Great Plains 8.5 without are employees have to use a separate credit card unit? -- Brandon Smith IT Director Presentations Direct - Specialized Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com Try www.isiusa.com or www.nodustech.com. "Brandon" <bsmith@presentationsdirect.nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23uZ22QSRFHA.4028@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > What do I need to do to process credit card transactions from within Great > Plains 8.5 without are employees have to use a separa...

shared calendar limit
Anyone know if there's a limit to how many users you can have accessing a shared calendar at one time? In other words, if I share my calendar in Outlook, how many people can view it concurrently before something breaks? I heard there was a limit in 5.5, but we have 2003. Thanks! Replied in another group - please don't multipost. Iff you need to post to multiple groups, it's best to crosspost instead, by posting a single message to a handful of relevant groups (separate the NG names with commas) so that everyone can follow the thread. Thanks :-) See http://www.blakjak.demon....

M05
I'm using Money 2005 Small Biz edition. All updates applied. Once again it has left me scratching my head for hours trying to do the simplest of tasks. I have a customer who I recently repurchased some equipment from. Rather than pay cash, the customer has requested a credit to be used against future invoices. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to account for this, short of creating a special "slush account" for this customer and enter it into the register as a "Deposit". I do not want to do this. What I want to do is issue an "invoice" ...

ComboBox text Limit
Hi all you Experts I need to create a dropdown list in a form field that will allow users to choose from the entries that are pre-populated. As my list is going to be longer than 25 entries I have used a Userform with a combo box. As far as I can tell, each entry in the list is limited to 50 characters, but some of my choices will need to be double this length. Is there any way of using VBA code to increase the number of characters available? -- Thanks in advance of help. Geoff The limit maybe 255 characters, but it is definitely not 50. -- Hope this helps. Pl...

one account with 2 credit cards
hello, i tried to build an account (bank account) with 2 credit cards. the result that i got after a long trial, was 3 accounts (i.e. bank, visa, diners). and not bank account with 2 credit cards as part of it. what is the right way to do it? how can i relate the credit cards to the bank account? please advice The answer depends on what the real relationship is between the bank accounts and the credit cards. If it's two debit cards for the same checking account, it's really one account, not a bank account and two credit cards. If it's really a bank account and two credit car...

Can't import statement from Credit Union not on Microsoft list
I have followed thread on lost QFX import with no solution. My problem is the same. I don't want to go to Quicken but money 2004 and 2008 are failing in this simple matter. Is it possible to download a statement in "qfx" or "ofx" format ? I can't do it. Thanks to anyone who can help. In microsoft.public.money, Chin00kie wrote: >I have followed thread on lost QFX import with no solution. My problem is >the same. I don't want to go to Quicken but money 2004 and 2008 are failing >in this simple matter. Is it possible to download a statement ...