credit card payment void

When an AP invoice was paid with a credit card, and then the payment and/or
invoiced (for the credit card vendor) are voided it is difficult to get the
General Ledger posting to come out correctly.  The only options are to have
the purchase account for the credit card company be the same as the payables
account for the credit card company or to edit the voided invoiced (for the
credit card vendor) when it gets to GL.

My suggestion would be this:
When a void is done for an invoice for the credit card company that was
created automatically for a payment with another vendor, then that payment
should automatically be voided as well and preserve the distributions
associated with the transaction.  Also if the payment was voided then the
credit card vendor's invoices should be voided.  Most importantly, the GL
distribution should be correct.

0
Eric1 (389)

Business Cards #10
Can you print double sided business cards in Publisher? If so, can you tell how because I don't see that option. The way I do it in Publisher 2000 is create a two page card (front and back). Print page 1 of 1 then turn the card stock over and print page 2 of 2. Or, if you have a duplex printer print pages 1 and 2. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72860FB0-69DE-4BE2-82E3-07587D9DF0F4@microsoft.com... > Can you print double sided business cards in Publisher? If so, can you tell > how because I don't see t...

Void Purchase Receipt
We accidentally entered an incorrect purchasing receipt quantity (we entered 2 but it should have been 1) and posted the receipt. The PO has not been invoiced yet. I thought this would be a simple fix, however, I can't find a way to void the reciept. I thought I would try to do a return for the item, but after I enter the PO and Item number on the Return Transaction, it won't pull up the receipt number. I tried entering the receipt number by hand, but then it gives me an error that says "there are no quantities available for this receipt. Do you want to try another rec...

Applying recurring bill payments to new a newly created auto loan?
I'm using Money 2005 and curious as to how to resolve my problem. I purchased a vehicle 6 months ago and was too lazy to create a new loan and apply the payments in a recurring bill to that balance. I just created a new bill and put my car payment amount and who I pay the loan to as the payee. I want to create a New Auto loan with a balance and interest rate, BUT have the payments i've already made in a recurring bill go to that newly created Loan... Any ideas? Hope that made sense :) Untested procedure assuming Advanced Registers/Advanced Bills: Create the loan and say payme...

Credit Card charge/credit
I have a credit card 'charge' transaction that was later credited back to me. I categorized the original charge but I want the credit to offset the expense in that category. Is the only solution to this not categorizing the original transaction? or is there another way to do it? Thanks, Scott Use the same category for the credit transaction. Money will ask if you are sure this is what you want to do. Say yes. <imscoop22@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1104599274.971858.51860@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I have a credit card 'charge' transaction that was...

Process Credit Cards?
I currently have Money 2005 SB. I'm considering moving to 2007 H&SB. My big question is, will I be able to process credit cards (accept them from my customers) with Small Business, or do I have to get the Small Business Accounting product to run side by side with this? Thanks! ...

How do I create greetings card A5 one fold print both sides
Create my own greetings cards using A5 paper with one fold, either lanscape or vertical Place digital picture on the front and message inside and on the back Setup your printer for A5, either use the Folded Card or booklet in page setup. Basically the booklet is the folded card with a different page orientation. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "parksw" <parksw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6CF9E52-B098-4CD8-9EC0-E2D61647968F@microsoft.com... > Create my own greetings cards usin...

Calculate credit card APR
I am using excel 07. I would like to know how to setup a formula to calculate credit card apr or a pre done form that i can download. I have been searching but can not find exactly what i am looking for. I would like to enter current balance, apr and have it calculate what the interest is then have it minus payment and then recalculate balance and have it continue for the next month. I am not sure if this is enough information but i hope it is a start. Any information would help. Thanks in advance. Rob Rob wrote: > I am using excel 07. I would like to know how to setup a formula ...

Global client credit limit doesn't send to store
We change credit limit of various global clients. But it didn't change in the store. Are we missing a step? ...

M02 w/XP in USA; credit card acct balancing, with no new charges
We use no internet services, enter each transaction into the account the goods were purchased, splitting the items into catergories as desired. I balance all accounts with the monthly statements. each month an amount is automatically paid to this credit card account that gets no new purchases. How can I get the interest paid to the CC company into the proper catagory. Thanks so much, been wrestling with this for 3 months. Enter a transaction when balancing from the statements against some category like Interest Expense:Other Interest? "barb e" <anonymous@discussions....

Historical payments not applied
I have an issue with our Accounts Receivable historical tables. I have quite a few payments in the history table that have never been applied to invoices. In addition, the payments are not available in the routine to apply payments. So, when I run an historical aged receivables trial balance, these payments and/or invoices still show as an outstanding balance when in fact they have been paid. I am not sure how this type of situation could have happened. But, I would welcome any thoughts about how to fix it. Thank you, Brent My first pass woudl be to run Check-Links and then Reconcil...

Credit Card
wells fargo is my credit card prosesser & they are really bad i never was able to reconsile my bank account cuze they deposit the money when ever they want please i'm in urgent need for a good company to replace wellfargo & that is easy to reconsile the statment & desent fees any suggestion i wanna a company that do deposit based on my setteled batch & charge my account with the fees at the end of the month -- maher almasri This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_028E_01C6D6C5.B4A93FD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8&quo...

Template: Thanksgiving Greeting Card for Publisher 2003
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC010775531033.aspx -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Business Portal Credits & Returns
It would be great if we could process credits and returns in Business Portal Order Management. -- Carl F. Johnson ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=32539a35-...

Credit where credit is due
Something has dawned me lately. Several/most of us have been recommending users to use PrimoPDF for their documents. I did a little homework and found that if not for Erika we'd still be recommending other conversion software, most with some sort of a nominal fee involved. That's not a *bad* thing but let's face it, it's still an expense that we'd prefer not to incur. Erika, I would like to let you know that I've recommended PrimoPDF many, many times based on your posts. I've received a lot of positive feedback from my fellow guild newsletter editors. They ar...

Debit or Credit notes not updating to GL
Hi, I have problem in GP 10 SP4, accidently removed the link in Tools>Setup>Posting>Posting> :Series:Series Origin: Receivables Sales Entry post to GL not checked, I have checked and tested 1 trsancation and its updating in GL. I have some old trsansaction which not updated in GL, How can i make this whole data to GL, instead of entring one by one. Rgs Saf Hi Saf, I am not aware of any option and I believe there none. "saifu" wrote: > Hi, > > I have problem in GP 10 SP4, accidently removed the link in > Tools>Setup>...

Estimate Payment based upon X# of past transactions????
I was looking at my cash flow in MS Money 2006 and noticed that the credit card I use for day to day purchases has an ever increasing balance. This is incorrect becaue I pay it off every couple of weeks. In an attempt to fix this, I created a recurring transaction to transfer from checking to credit card. This is fine, except the balance varies from week to week. For the transaction I selected "Estimate based up last 6 payments" When I go back into my upcoming bills it shows this upcoming transaction as ~$0.00 If I set the transaction amount to a fixed dollar number, the cash...

Error while performing tender: using DISCOVER card as payment moth
Hi, Can anyone advise me how can i resolve the error that it says "CV : FAILURE CV" on the approval status during tender. FYI, I just setup Discover as a new tender type, with my merchant (bank of America & Discover themselves) confirmed that it is all setup from thier end and ready for me to use discover. I have re-confirmed with them after getting this error and seems i am not getting anywhere now. Is there anyone out there who can help me. noel. I'm getting the same thing. Our processor says that they need to to add diners and jcb entitlement to the discov...

business cards #11
I am trying to create tickets in a business card format. Is there a way to make a counter or page number so I can print tickets on business card stock that would number the ticket sequentially Gary You might do a mail merge from an Excel file with a column of numbers. In Excel, enter the beginning number in the top cell, and then click in the box, place the cursor on the lower right corner and drag down until you have the ending number. "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:816B0D0E-78F6-4EEE-B903-8D1E9530C066@microsoft.com... >I am trying to ...

void receivable batch
i m using GP10, i want to void posted receivable batch, how can i do it ? You cannot void a batch - only one transaction at a time. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: www.victoriayudin.com "mirza" <mirza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACAE478C-40FB-41B6-ADE3-A32749CBB84F@microsoft.com... >i m using GP10, i want to void posted receivable batch, how can i do it ? Keep in mind that if the transactions in Receivables came from SOP, you want to do returns to keep ...

Credit Card Charges and Expense Reports
I purchase pretty much everything on my credit card (for the miles) and pay it off every month. I use the categories within the credit card accounts to specify what the expense was for. But when I look at the expense report, it lumps all CC expenses into the CC category. I want to know what I'm spending my money on, not how it's being paid for. How do I split the items into their proper categories on the reports? Thanks! So many questions, so little time. What version/edition of Money? If M05/6/7/+ are you using Advanced Register or Essential Register? Advanced Reports or Es...

Payment terms and discount due date alerts.
With payment terms of 2/10 Net30 on a vendor invoice, if I receive the invoice in 4/12 my due date will be 5/12 with a Terms Date Due of 4/22. But if I mail the remittance I need to calculate the time in the mail, say 7 days. Is there a way to alert me that I must make this payment within the next 3 days to get my discount? How do most handle this type of notice so you don't lose your discount. Thanks hd When we take early pay discounts, we just count the days from the invoice date. We figure the supplier absorbs the mail time. We have never been questioned about it. Other compani...

401k cash payments Vs. Deposits
If anyone can help. I have a 401k that I'm tracking. When I look at the total value, it is much less then it should be. The cash that I put into the account is being downloaded and put in as a payment not as a deposit which makes my cash input look like a negative. You would think it would add up to the whole total of the account, not as a seperate item and in a negative amount. Can anyone tell why it does this and how maybe to fix it. Thanks I'm not sure you provide enough information to tell what's happening. In particular, it's not clear to me what you mean when you...

How to apply an over-credit to a sale?
Ok, we had an online customer overpay his order using a money order. So, when I tendered the money order, he had about $45 coming back to him. Well, he just wanted that applied to his account. So, I selected (Payment) and applied the $45 to his account. It warned me that it was an overpayment and I clicked OK. Now, on his next sale, how do I apply that $45 credit? Just apply 45 to his house account. When you tender the sale it will deduct 45 form his account and then it will be zero "nutribodies" <nutribodies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD033E...

Import AR Credit Memos and auto-apply
Looking for a silver bullet. Does anyone know of a way to import receivables credit memos and apply them to specified invoices as part of the import? GP 10, SP2 environment. Looking for a way to do this using integration manager, or econnect, or Scribe, or 3rd party. Thanks. -- Jim@TurboChef ------=_NextPart_0001_0891FB2E Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting. We are excited to introduce you to a new and improved Partner Online Technical Community Experience. Please post this new inquiry to our new forums-based platform here: http:/...

Credit card ?
We are running our credit cards thru RMS. Is there a way that I can set it for a minmum amount? I would like to make it to where the cashier cant make a sale for under three dollars. Thanks No You can not set minimum for credit card. You can post suggetion for RMS and I will vote for it. -- Thank You Harjit SherGill /DBA Altaville Market 324 South Main st po box 370 Altaville CA 95221 Tel : 209-729-1410 vendaliajat@yahoo.com "Doug Pic-N-Pac" <DougPicNPac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43D746C1-FB2F-49DD-83AB-76DEF349D4CD@microsoft.com... > We are...