Creating Customers/Vendors in all companies

Hello!

Does anyone know of a third party application that will create
vendors/customers/accounts to all entities?  We have multiple dbs right now
and having to go in to each entity and create them is such a pain.  If
there's no third party app, has anyone made a sql script to address this?
Thanks!

Microsoft offers a facility in the Professional Service Tools Library - GL
Master Triggers, RM Master Triggers and PM Master Triggers.

https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/downloads/servicepacks/noam_pstl.htm?printpage=false&stext=professional%20service%20tools%20library

------
Robert

"Marisol" <Marisol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> Does anyone know of a third party application that will create
> vendors/customers/accounts to all entities?  We have multiple dbs right
> now
> and having to go in to each entity and create them is such a pain.  If
> there's no third party app, has anyone made a sql script to address this?
> Thanks!

0
Robert
4/6/2010 4:11:17 AM
We actually have that but it's all or nothing. We want to be able to control
which customer and the dbs that they need to be copied to.

"Robert Cavill" wrote:

> Microsoft offers a facility in the Professional Service Tools Library - GL
> Master Triggers, RM Master Triggers and PM Master Triggers.
>
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/downloads/servicepacks/noam_pstl.htm?printpage=false&stext=professional%20service%20tools%20library
>
> ------
> Robert
>

> "Marisol" <Marisol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello!
> >
> > Does anyone know of a third party application that will create
> > vendors/customers/accounts to all entities?  We have multiple dbs right
> > now
> > and having to go in to each entity and create them is such a pain.  If
> > there's no third party app, has anyone made a sql script to address this?
> > Thanks!
>

> .

What is the criteria you want to use? For instance, how do you decide if a
new customer should be created in the other companies? Are you looking for
something where you can 'check a box' on the customer master and it
automatically creates the customer in other dbs? If so, to my knowledge the
only way to do this would be through Modifier with VBA.

Please give us a little more detail.

Kind regards,

Leslie

"Marisol" wrote:

> We actually have that but it's all or nothing. We want to be able to control
> which customer and the dbs that they need to be copied to.
>
> "Robert Cavill" wrote:
>
> > Microsoft offers a facility in the Professional Service Tools Library - GL
> > Master Triggers, RM Master Triggers and PM Master Triggers.
> >
> > https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/downloads/servicepacks/noam_pstl.htm?printpage=false&stext=professional%20service%20tools%20library
> >
> > ------
> > Robert
> >

> > "Marisol" <Marisol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > Does anyone know of a third party application that will create
> > > vendors/customers/accounts to all entities?  We have multiple dbs right
> > > now
> > > and having to go in to each entity and create them is such a pain.  If
> > > there's no third party app, has anyone made a sql script to address this?
> > > Thanks!
> >

> > .

Hi Leslie!

Basically we want to have a db that will be the main repository of Customers
and Vendors.  I have created an extender window linked to the cust maint and
vend maint that has checkboxes for each entities.  When we create a new
customer/vendor, we open that extender window and mark the boxes
corresponding to the companies that we want the record created in.  I thought
there was a third party software that addresses this.

Thanks
Marisol
"Leslie Vail" wrote:

> What is the criteria you want to use? For instance, how do you decide if a
> new customer should be created in the other companies? Are you looking for
> something where you can 'check a box' on the customer master and it
> automatically creates the customer in other dbs? If so, to my knowledge the
> only way to do this would be through Modifier with VBA.
>
> Please give us a little more detail.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Leslie
>
> "Marisol" wrote:
>
> > We actually have that but it's all or nothing. We want to be able to control
> > which customer and the dbs that they need to be copied to.
> >
> > "Robert Cavill" wrote:
> >
> > > Microsoft offers a facility in the Professional Service Tools Library - GL
> > > Master Triggers, RM Master Triggers and PM Master Triggers.
> > >
> > > https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/downloads/servicepacks/noam_pstl.htm?printpage=false&stext=professional%20service%20tools%20library
> > >
> > > ------
> > > Robert
> > >

> > > "Marisol" <Marisol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > .

Hi Marisol,

If you would use the Extender Enterprise edition (available from eOne
Solutions) you could do this. The Enterprise edition allows you to attach
logic (read code) to Extender such that you could invoke an action from your
Extender window.

There is also a way you could do this from VBA, but in my opinion it is too
painful. Getting th Enterprise edition of Extender will solve this problem
for you and many more that you haven't even thought of yet.

Give it a look and report back.

Kind regards,

Leslie

"Marisol Mortera" wrote:

> Hi Leslie!
>
> Basically we want to have a db that will be the main repository of Customers
> and Vendors.  I have created an extender window linked to the cust maint and
> vend maint that has checkboxes for each entities.  When we create a new
> customer/vendor, we open that extender window and mark the boxes
> corresponding to the companies that we want the record created in.  I thought
> there was a third party software that addresses this.
>
> Thanks
> Marisol
> "Leslie Vail" wrote:
>
> > What is the criteria you want to use? For instance, how do you decide if a
> > new customer should be created in the other companies? Are you looking for
> > something where you can 'check a box' on the customer master and it
> > automatically creates the customer in other dbs? If so, to my knowledge the
> > only way to do this would be through Modifier with VBA.
> >
> > Please give us a little more detail.
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Leslie
> >
> > "Marisol" wrote:
> >
> > > We actually have that but it's all or nothing. We want to be able to control
> > > which customer and the dbs that they need to be copied to.

Use Extender like you do to mark the companies.

Use SmartConnect to build an interface keyed on the Extender flags.

Poof!
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Leslie Vail" wrote:

> Hi Marisol,
>
> If you would use the Extender Enterprise edition (available from eOne
> Solutions) you could do this. The Enterprise edition allows you to attach
> logic (read code) to Extender such that you could invoke an action from your
> Extender window.
>
> There is also a way you could do this from VBA, but in my opinion it is too
> painful. Getting th Enterprise edition of Extender will solve this problem
> for you and many more that you haven't even thought of yet.
>
> Give it a look and report back.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Leslie
>
> "Marisol Mortera" wrote:
>

> > Hi Leslie!
> >
> > Basically we want to have a db that will be the main repository of Customers
> > and Vendors.  I have created an extender window linked to the cust maint and
> > vend maint that has checkboxes for each entities.  When we create a new
> > customer/vendor, we open that extender window and mark the boxes
> > corresponding to the companies that we want the record created in.  I thought
> > there was a third party software that addresses this.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Marisol
> > "Leslie Vail" wrote:
> >
> > > What is the criteria you want to use? For instance, how do you decide if a
> > > new customer should be created in the other companies? Are you looking for
> > > something where you can 'check a box' on the customer master and it
> > > automatically creates the customer in other dbs? If so, to my knowledge the
> > > only way to do this would be through Modifier with VBA.
> > >
> > > Please give us a little more detail.
> > >
> > > Kind regards,

Thanks Richard!  Is SmartConnect an add on?  If so who developed it?

Thanks
Marisol

"Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:

> Use Extender like you do to mark the companies.
>
> Use SmartConnect to build an interface keyed on the Extender flags.
>
> Poof!
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "Leslie Vail" wrote:
>
> > Hi Marisol,
> >
> > If you would use the Extender Enterprise edition (available from eOne
> > Solutions) you could do this. The Enterprise edition allows you to attach
> > logic (read code) to Extender such that you could invoke an action from your
> > Extender window.
> >
> > There is also a way you could do this from VBA, but in my opinion it is too
> > painful. Getting th Enterprise edition of Extender will solve this problem
> > for you and many more that you haven't even thought of yet.
> >
> > Give it a look and report back.
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Leslie
> >
> > "Marisol Mortera" wrote:
> >

> > > Hi Leslie!
> > >
> > > Basically we want to have a db that will be the main repository of Customers
> > > and Vendors.  I have created an extender window linked to the cust maint and
> > > vend maint that has checkboxes for each entities.  When we create a new
> > > customer/vendor, we open that extender window and mark the boxes
> > > corresponding to the companies that we want the record created in.  I thought
> > > there was a third party software that addresses this.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Marisol

SmartConnect is a third-party product developed by eOne Solutions. eOne wrote
Extender & SmartList Builder. I use the SmartConnect product and think it is
very good. Point and click eConnect!

Kind regards,

Leslie

"Marisol" wrote:

> Thanks Richard!  Is SmartConnect an add on?  If so who developed it?
>
> Thanks
> Marisol
>
> "Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:
>
> > Use Extender like you do to mark the companies.
> >
> > Use SmartConnect to build an interface keyed on the Extender flags.
> >
> > Poof!
> > --
> > Richard L. Whaley
> > Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> > Documentation for Software Users
> >
> > Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at
> > http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> >

> > "Leslie Vail" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Marisol,
> > >
> > > If you would use the Extender Enterprise edition (available from eOne
> > > Solutions) you could do this. The Enterprise edition allows you to attach
> > > logic (read code) to Extender such that you could invoke an action from your
> > > Extender window.
> > >
> > > There is also a way you could do this from VBA, but in my opinion it is too
> > > painful. Getting th Enterprise edition of Extender will solve this problem
> > > for you and many more that you haven't even thought of yet.
> > >
> > > Give it a look and report back.
> > >
> > > Kind regards,

Can not customize Outlook
When I click on the Customize Outlook button nothing happens. How do I correct this? What I really want to do is to have Outlook open with the Inbox as the default "home page", how do I do that? Thank you Bill, Please see if the following article is relevant. 820575 OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical http://support.microsoft.com/?id=820575 -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bill" <dreesefamily@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:0b4601c36683$1d25a0a...

Customizing Activities view
Hello, I want to customize the activities views that you can see in the account or contacts. But I don't know where I can do this. I can customize all others views but not this concerning the activities. Where is the problem? Can someone help me? Gilles Activities views and forms are not customizable in CRM 1.2 []'s Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo "Gilles Gandini" <gandini@swissonline.ch> escreveu na mensagem news:cak7om$gdm$1@atlas.ip-plus.net... > Hello, > > I want to customize the activities views that you can see in the account or > contacts. > ...

create local copy (of only some cells) of spreadsheet on network
Folks, Our office has a workbook having monthly schedules of tasks for th team. There is a workbook for each year, and each workbook has 1 worksheets - for each month. Each workbook contains months from Jan t Dec. So basically there is a workbook - Schedule2004.xls contains 1 worksheets Jan04 to Dec04 The first row in each worksheet contain the names of team members a headings - Date, Mike, Dale, Peter, Angela etc From the second row is the data, for ex as shown below Date Mike Dale Peter Angela 01/01/04 coding coding testing documentation 02/01/04 coding codi...

Importing Leads & automatically creating an activity for a user
We’re just getting started with MS CRM 1.2 and I’m trying to figure out how to automate the lead import and activity assignment process. I’m importing 100 leads a day (advertisement mailers) into CRM and I want to create phone call activities for a user/salesman at the point of import automatically. I also need to keep track of when the lead’s mailer was mailed. How can I do this? Thanks, Mark You can create a workflow rule using workflow manager. Yuu can set if for a lead create event and then automatically create an activity which will be attached to the lead. To track when a ma...

Custom Recipients #2
Hi there, I have just installed Exchange Server on Windows 2003 server in a totally native 2003 server environment. I am creating all the old mail accounts from my 5.5 Exchange server as I didn't require a migration and just wanted to start of fresh. My question is how do I create custom recipients for outside email addresses for internal accounts. In 5.5 this was easily found and possible but i am lost in 2003? Can anyone give me some direction please? Regards, Tim Tim wrote: > Hi there, > > I have just installed Exchange Server on Windows 2003 server in a > totally...

Opportunity Customizations
Still new to CRM so please forgive me... When you close an opportunity you get a form that lets you choose if it was Won or Lost and both have a status reason pick list. Where do I modify the picklist the add in additional reasons. When to Settings/System Customization and can't locate the form there. Thanks in advanced! Shauna Unfortunately, these little pop-up forms when you close an opportunity cannot be accessed for change. Hopefully this will be fixed with version 2.0. >-----Original Message----- >Still new to CRM so please forgive me... > >When you close an opp...

Customization and gripes on Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a few problems with the new Office interface and am wondering if there is a way to customize some of these things to make them to my liking. I don't like toolbars attached to the document. Can I stick them down like they were in 2004? (I think I read this may be a Mac interface thing.) If you have no document open, you have NO "open" icon to push to quickly open a file. Attaching the toolbar to every document clutters up the interface. This is a VERY poor change. In Excel, I can't find a way to...

Cannot create a Universal Security Group in AD.
Hello all, I have an Exchange 2003 Enterprise. I am trying to set it up to host two domains. In order to do this, I need to setup a group to use. This group is required to be a security group that grant permissions and be able to send mail to my second domain. I created a new OU in AD users and Computers. When I tried to create the group under this OU, I found that the universal button is greyed out. The group scope can be 1. Domain Local, 2 . Global, and 3 Universal while the Group Type can be Security or Distribution. I want to select Universal in Group Scope and Security in Group ...

Creating a hyperlink
I'm trying to insert a hperlink to a SmartArt. Is that feasible? Also, is there a way to change a color background of a page? When I click background, i'm only able to put a picture. I don't know about the Smart Art huperlink but for the background color open MS Paint of similar. On a blank canvas select a color then use the fill icon to fill the canvas with your color. Save As a *.jpg Use that as your background picture. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 10:34:01 -0800, Louise <Louise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm trying to insert a h...

Custom message on department
Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to get the POS to popup a message saying that customer details are required to be filled in when an item belonging to a particular department is rung up at the POS? Dan Store Ops Manager allows you to assign an item message to items in inventory. Go to database - items - properties - special You will see a field on the left side that allows you to assign an item message popup when the item is rung up at the POS First you need to create the item message - go to Database - Item Messages - New - enter "Customer Required" in Title and Me...

creating a win32 dll
Hi, I created a win32 dll. I declared a function like __declspec( dllexport) void testFun(void); My calling program looks in the dll for a function _testFun. Which compiler directive or compiler switch I have to add to export the function _testFun? thanks in advance steffen YOu don't. By declaring it __declspec(dllexport) it is automatically exported. Note that you must include the .lib file for this DLL in the link of its clients or the symbol will remain unresolved. Note also that if the Win32 DLL is a .c file (not .cpp) you will also have to declare it in the header files as exte...

How do i create a macro that saves the filename that is equal to a cell in the sheet?
How do i create a macro that saves the filename that is equal to a cell in the sheet? -- Chukka ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Chukka's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29365 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=491092 with activeworkbook .saveas filename:="C:\myfolder\" & .worksheets("sheet99").range("z99").value _ & ".xls", fileformat:=xlworkbooknormal end with No checking at all! Chukka wrote: > > How ...

Synchronization of "Company" field in Outlook Contacts
Hi , We have a problem where the "Company" field in the Outlook Contacts is not getting populated with the "Company" field in the MSCRM Contacts when we synchronize MSCRM Outlook client with MSCRM. Any one who has worked on this or faced the same problem please getback. Thanks in Advance Kiran This has been suggested to Microsoft to add this feature. If you'd like to "vote", search for threads with suggestions for MS, and search on the words Company Outlook It's not available at this time. --Karla "KIRAN" wrote: > Hi , > We h...

Creating a Report from Landed Cost
Hello Great Plains Gurus! I am attempting to create a custom report in RS2005 to show estimated landed cost VS actual landed costs as well as if the landed costs for each shipment, and I am having a hard time understanding the data structure in order to join the receipt tables together. Basically all I need to get started is a query/or generally how to relate actual Receipt Numbers for landed cost invoices to the Receipt Number of the original shipment. IE I have RCT00216 that is the actual shipment receipt and RCT00220 that is a Landed cost that I am applying to the shipment receipt. I wo...

Custom Border
I am trying to make a custom border in Publisher 2003 (running on Vista), but whenever I choose a picture from Clip Art (no matter how simple) it says that Publisher cannot open the file. When this has happened before (on XP), repairing Publisher worked, but not this time. Any suggestions? -- Ellie Just a workaround. Insert the clipart, re-size, copy/paste, rotate until you have the border you want. You really need the very simplest clipart for BorderArt to work. I don't think Vista is the issue. I can create custom borders and I use Vista. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org...

SOS! how do I write a customized function to do multiple-value lookup in Excel 2007?
I have two regions in exact same places of sheet 1 and sheet 2, I want to find all cells in the region in sheet 1, with cell content equal to 0, and then add the numbers at the corresponding locations in the region in sheet 2 up. For example, let's say in the region in sheet 1, there are multiple locations where the cell content = 0: A1, B3, C4, D2, etc... I would like to obtain sum(sheet2!A1, sheet2!B3, sheet2!C4, sheet2! D2), etc. How do I do that? I want to write a user customized function for that: The regions in sheet1 and sheet2 are fixed to be D7 to Z20. So the fi...

Lockbox CR posted to the wrong customer
Anybody know the easiest way to delete a posted lockbox CR for a particular customer and apply it to a different customer? Thanks! ...

Is there anyway to create a MS Access form and share it?
I would like to create a form at home and then get it to the office for use. Is there anyway, tricky or otherwise, to use a form which was not created on the pc it will be used on? The database has changed since I emailed myself the database to use, although it is the same database, it just has new entries... Thanks! Catherine -- CatherineDiane "CatherineDiane" <CatherineDiane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4C3FB3B-2D0A-4912-BA6D-1A630D4C1E39@microsoft.com... >I would like to create a form at home and then get it to the office for >use. > I...

Import/Create pst from folders with .msg files.
Hi everyone. Does anyone knows a way or a program that picks a list of folders with outlook .msg files inside and creates using the same folder structure a pst file? Because using only outlook i can only drag and drop the msg files itself not the full folder. Thank you. Fernando Morais <fernando.morais@imsi.pt> wrote: > Does anyone knows a way or a program that picks a list of folders with > outlook .msg files inside and creates using the same folder structure > a pst file? The only PST-creating program I've seen is Outlook. > Because using only outlook i can on...

Creating a new TOC style
I have two separate tables of contents in a document I am working on and would like to have the entries in each formatted differently. I understand how to modify an existing TOC style (e.g., TOC 1-9), but cannot figure out how to create a new TOC style. In fact, if I click the Reference tab and click Table of Contents>Insert Table of Contents>Modify, the "New" button there that would appear to allow me to create a new TOC style is grayed out. The only thing I was able to find online relating to my question was a discussion at Google Groups (http://groups.google...

Cannot view data entered using custom form
My company has a form saved in the Organizational Forms Library that users can enter certain required fields and then email the completed form to me. The problem is the email is blank when I receive it and I can't figure out why. I use Outlook 2003 and I get the emails from users using Outlook 2000 and 2003. I've attempted to have the users send to my co-workers and they have had no problems viewing the email with the all the data entered in the form. My coworkers have both 2000 and 2003. Any ideas why? I have no plugins or anything like that which might interfere. Stumped. Fi...

Custom toolbar in advanced filter query window
Hi all I've got an Access database that is locked down by giving users access to forms only and each of the forms has a custom toolbar and a very limited menu. The custom toolbar has the Advanced Filter/Query button along with some other filter options for continuous forms. However when users press the Advanced Filter/Query button, and the query window opens, the custom toolbar disappears and they can only see the very limited menu so can hardly do anything. When I open the app with the same user rights as them (done via a security module and data entered into a users ...

Create Table of Contents
I am not sure this can be done but I will ask the question anyway. I am creating a table of contents using the method suggested by Microsoft. By using the On Print event for the header, I write the header record and page number to a table, then read the table to create the ToC in a separate report. My problem is that I have to either print the whole report, or page through the report manually to create the records in the ToC table. If I can somehow do a print preview, then page through the print preview using VBA, I could create the table of contents records and run the ToC...

Is this something I can create?
Hi everyone, I have been reading a lot and there is so much informatio here--I am so glad I found this forum! Now I am trying to find out if there is a way to make a report in Exce for what I need. Here are the details: I will have a database with about 200 names. Each of those people wil make a $ amount pledge and that needs to be shown and the total shown. Then I need to have a space where I can put what each person has pai towards their pledge. It would be nice to have the difference shown a well. Now I know that part is pretty easy and I should be able t figure it out. Here is the ...

Create new Object types
Help??? We are just implementing a new MS-CRM system and have a need which I figure should be possible but don't know how to do. Essentially we need to add a new Object Type. We need to slot in a “Project” object type in between the existing Opportunity and Account types. A Project has a finite time frame. Multiple Accounts (Companies/Customers) with their associated Contacts can be attached to that “Project” and a Contact must be able to be assigned as the Project Lead for that “Project.” How do I do that? I did consider just making an Account and calling that the “Project” and t...