creating an changing a picute file in RW

Our payroll checks (GP10) were modified in report writer to add a picture
file for the signature.  We want to change the signature on these checks.
This leaves me with a few questions:

Any suggestions on how to best create the signature file for the new
signature?

Can I modify the modified report with the new picture file?  Is this easy to
do?

Lastly, this is something I inherited.  It seems to me that having the a
signature image so readily available is a huge risk.  Is there an easy way to
lock this down and minimize this exposure?

Thanks.

--
Jim

Hi Jim,
RW modified reports are seen as a custom version in the security model
of GP. Thus when you've modified for example the Check-stub for your
payroll, then you can allow access to this modified report only to
users that really should print this report (aside of the regular
security of course to print checks...).
As per the modification of the pictures on the report with RW, read thru
the RW user guide, because pictures are limited in size and weight
(can't remember how much, but it's small).
If your report already has a picture, it should be fairly easy to change.
--
Hope this helps,
Have a great time

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
B. Bucher
Dynamics GP 10 Sr. Sys Admin
www.fti-ibis.com
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Jim wrote:
> Our payroll checks (GP10) were modified in report writer to add a picture
> file for the signature.  We want to change the signature on these checks.
> This leaves me with a few questions:
>
> Any suggestions on how to best create the signature file for the new
> signature?
>
> Can I modify the modified report with the new picture file?  Is this easy to
> do?
>
> Lastly, this is something I inherited.  It seems to me that having the a
> signature image so readily available is a huge risk.  Is there an easy way to
> lock this down and minimize this exposure?
>
> Thanks.

0
Beat

create a roster

changing row height
Is it possible to change the row height within the same sheet of some rows without it affecting the other rows? -- A fledgling at 64 hi yes it is. are you having trouble of any kind?? to set a row....on the menu bar>format>row>row height set the height to what you want. you may have to experiment. once set to the desired height and you need to set other rows to the same height, select the other row and hit the f4 key. this is the repeat action key. the set the height of the select row to the same height as the last row. if you need to have different heights then you ...

XLS file assocation issue
When I goto Associate a file type for a specific extension, it has it associated to Wordpad when it should be Excel. However, I am not able to change it as the "Always Use the selected program to open" is grayed out and I can't get it be selectable. How do I do it so I can associate the file type to always for Excel. Please advise. I wouldn't work with the associations to start. Instead, I'd let excel try to do it for me. Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserve...

Locating a downloaded file....
I am downloading a file from a website (Janome - sewing machine related) -- and it shows on the list of the downloads pop up window -- but I can't find it on my hard drive. How can I locate the file? It's not in the download folder. If I search for the file name - nothing comes up (I sure miss the old search process). I need to copy this file and move it to a flash drive -- in order to move it to an older laptop that no longer has Internet access - but runs my embroidery sewing machine. But I can't find the file. If I double click on the downloads pop-up -...

Task Create - Status

2007 pst files
I just installed the 2007 update of Office. Everything installed fine, however I can't open Outlook. The error message says there are errors in my Personal Folders.pst. and to use Scanpst.exe to repair it. I can't find the file. I did a search and also looked in the Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033 folder - it's not there. How do I get the file and will this work with 2007? Thanks jan it should be located at following.. drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12. -- Laura Rooke MVP - Mobile Devices wiersma7, you wrote on Wed, 13 Jun 2007 19:49:20 ...

Change default in Advanced filter
Hi! How can I change default setting in Advanced filter from "Filter the list, in-place." to "Copy to another location." Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot! George George You can't...sorry -- HTH Nick Hodge Southampton, England nick_hodge@btinternet.com "George Lin" <georgel@mar-bal.com> wrote in message news:02b301c391b0$2786c080$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi! > How can I change default setting in Advanced filter > from "Filter the list, in-place." to "Copy to another > location." Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot! > G...

Second Request: change date for electronic payment
I am a new Money user....was with Quicken for 10+ years. I want to change the date of electronic payments in my register to be the same day that the payment is scheduled to be made. It looks as though the only thing that can be changed is the category. In Quicken you are able to change the date for electronic payments in the register without changing the actual day the bill is being paid. When this is done in Quicken you simply get a message telling you that the change will only occur in the register. I do not like the way Money assumes that it's a good idea to set the date about...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

Changing the default sort order of Inbox
I would like to change the startup sorting order of my inbox in Outlook. For example, I would like to have the most recent emails on the top of my list (Received column) when the progam first starts. Just pressing the column header to change the order, moving the selection to the top of the list, then closing Outlook does not achieve this. It does not remember my last sort and the sort order reverts to new emails on the BOTTOM of the list. I would like the reverse of this. Any ideas? "alanporter" <alanporter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

when form created

changing the message list in outlook 2003
i just upgraded from office 2000 to 2003. in the message look in outlook, it separates the messages by date. is there any way to turn this off, so i just have a long list of messages? Right click on the header in the message list, uncheck "show in groups." --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Lee Benningfield asked: | i just upgraded from office 2000 to 2003. in the mess...

Creating a Brochure

HELP! Need Access DB to show realtime changes in different location
Hi Guys, I was wondering about how access refreshes it's data within forms and it seems that it doesn't. If i have a form open in one location on a network and update fields on the form the changes are not shown on the form opened in another location. (I.e. if 2 users are in the same form at the same time and one adds a new record the other users form will not show this change). Is there anyway that Access can be setup to show real-time changes over multiple locations? Preferably without having to do a manual refresh by clicking a button or something. All i want to do is show change...

How to create Access macro shortcut

Creating an ad book

all account owners changed to same owner
CRM 1.2; server OS w2003, sql server 2000 Some time between Wednesday (16th) afternoon and Thursday (17th) afternoon, when it was first noticed, all accounts (30,000+) had the owner changed. Owners A, B and C each owned about 1/3 of the accounts, now all accounts are owned by owner C. This changed was made without changing the last modifiedon date. We are in the process of restoring from backup. We are at a loss as to how this happened. Has anyone had a similar experience? Thoughts anyone? Thanks, -- Jim Yeah Jim, Somebody or some (workflow or other) process changed them! Field...