could not unregister BLM trigger

Hello:

One of our Dynamics GP 9.0 clients is experiencing an unusual error message
when exiting Report Writer and returning to GP.

Although the error message is not priventing them from using Report Writer
or GP, it is a point of interest.  And, I would like to see what can be done
to eliminate this message.

The message is "Could not unregister the BLM trigger."  Does anyone know
what this means or how to eliminate it?  I do not know, as of yet, if all
workstations get this message or if even only just some users get this
message.

Thanks!

childofthe1980s

Hi

I would suggest removing products one by one from the DYNAMICS.SET (after
making a backup) until the error goes away.  Once you can identify the
product causing the trigger error, you can contact the developer involved.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer - Great Plains

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> One of our Dynamics GP 9.0 clients is experiencing an unusual error message
> when exiting Report Writer and returning to GP.
>
> Although the error message is not priventing them from using Report Writer
> or GP, it is a point of interest.  And, I would like to see what can be done
> to eliminate this message.
>
> The message is "Could not unregister the BLM trigger."  Does anyone know
> what this means or how to eliminate it?  I do not know, as of yet, if all
> workstations get this message or if even only just some users get this
> message.
>
> Thanks!
>
> childofthe1980s
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
3/19/2007 3:04:06 AM
Did you figure out what is causing this? I am seeing the exact same message.

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> One of our Dynamics GP 9.0 clients is experiencing an unusual error message
> when exiting Report Writer and returning to GP.
>
> Although the error message is not priventing them from using Report Writer
> or GP, it is a point of interest.  And, I would like to see what can be done
> to eliminate this message.
>
> The message is "Could not unregister the BLM trigger."  Does anyone know
> what this means or how to eliminate it?  I do not know, as of yet, if all
> workstations get this message or if even only just some users get this
> message.
>
> Thanks!
>
> childofthe1980s
0
DavidM (290)
6/5/2007 9:08:01 PM
All,

If it was me, I'd be concerned about this.

Whatever this trigger does that doesn't get registered is doing something in
your system.  Or in this case NOT doing something anymore because the
trigger isn't registered.  Puzzling that you'd only get coming back from RW
though.

The obvious solution is to:

1. look in your dynamics.set file for something that might say "BLM" or
perhaps that's the initials of the ISV company or the product name.

Assuming from there it isn't obvious - and it may not be - then step #2.

2. Make a copy of your dynamics.set file.  Start removing products from your
..set file one by one.  Now test.  When you stop getting this error, you know
whose fault it is.  Contact them (be it an ISV app or a GP application) and
have them fix it now that you have repro steps.

patrick
developer support

"DavidM" <DavidM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Did you figure out what is causing this? I am seeing the exact same
> message.
>
> "childofthe1980s" wrote:
>
>> Hello:
>>
>> One of our Dynamics GP 9.0 clients is experiencing an unusual error
>> message
>> when exiting Report Writer and returning to GP.
>>
>> Although the error message is not priventing them from using Report
>> Writer
>> or GP, it is a point of interest.  And, I would like to see what can be
>> done
>> to eliminate this message.
>>
>> The message is "Could not unregister the BLM trigger."  Does anyone know
>> what this means or how to eliminate it?  I do not know, as of yet, if all
>> workstations get this message or if even only just some users get this
>> message.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> childofthe1980s

0
prot1 (1345)

how to trigger data
I have laid out a table containing 50 data on a monthly for a period of 5 years. I intend to calculate growth rate calculated over the same period in different years. So Row 1 contains: Jan-02, Feb-02, Mar-02, ...Jan-03, Feb-03, ... So the growth rate I intend to calculate would be Jan-03/Jan-02, Jan-04/Jan-03, Feb-03/Feb-02, and so on... Is there a function which could locate and trigger the right data and then calculate? Thanks! With your monthly data in row #1, In A2 enter: =(M1-A1)/A1 format as percent and copy this formula across the second row. -- Gary''s St...

Can't unregister
Don't try the following at home: Install Office 2004 on a computer. Uninstall it an reinstall it on a new computer... Surprise, surprise!!! physicaly uninstalling the copy of Office 2004 you have just purchased (with the supplied utility) doesn't also unregister it from the registration databases. Should you want to use the licence you have purchased after all, heck! it's only cash after all, but can be usefull sometimes... you'll be caught in a ping-pong match between MS support and MS activation, all of that long-distance and at your own cost. After the tenth call, I de...

Unregister trigger
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_030C_01C4B6FD.4123C1A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi- How do I unregistered a trigger when I forgot to use a tag? Is there any = way that I can just unregistered all trigger that created by me? Thanks so much for any help- --=20 Roxy ------=_NextPart_000_030C_01C4B6FD.4123C1A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">...

Triggering Workflow from API
Hi, Has anyone got any thoughts and/or examples of triggering workflows from the proxy API? Cheers, Angus ...

Trigger Failure from a while back
Scott Erickson and Dave Musgrave, You guys helped me with an issue I was having a while ago (I think January), long enough that the post is no longer on the board. We had tried alot of things and the resolution ended up taking too long and i had to find a work around for the client. Then a few days after the work around I saw that Scott has posted something else, and i never got around to trying it. I was wondering if you remembered or had any other insight. I will quickly re-describe the problem. I have set up a Database Trigger on the temp table UPR_TEMP_941_Totals to capture th...

Unregistering
How do unregister a computer you no longer want to use office on? You uninstall it from the said computer -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "maxnak4" <maxnak4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55433816-5D27-4A38-9723-A8FDE737E975@microsoft.com... > How do unregister a computer you no longer want to use office on? Lying again Mr Pimp? How is your sister doing these days? Is she still working in the old profession? Incidentally, you are ...

how to register/unregister a component?
how to register/unregister a component? For example, how to register a dll or ActiveX control or COM component? How to unregistered? Hi, If the DLL is hosting COM object that you are going to reference it will require registration so that the relevant entries can be made in the registry. The COM mechanism uses the registry to locate and load the relevant server i.e. DLL or EXE for the COM object that you are trying to instantiate, this is the case even if the DLL is in the same directory as your EXE. If the DLL is just a plain DLL with normal exported functions then no registration is req...

triggering a macro
I need to trigger a macro when there is a change in a cell.. Hi use the worksheet_change event. See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:F26F8DDC-59EC-47DB-BBD0-0C079298691E@microsoft.com... > I need to trigger a macro when there is a change in a cell.. ...

How do you unregister a product?
I want to unregister Microsoft Publisher 2003 so that I can resale it, I have deleted the program from my computer. What do I have to do? Unregistering Publisher 2003 <Unregistering Publisher 2003@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to unregister Microsoft Publisher 2003 so that I can resale > it, I have deleted the program from my computer. What do I have to do? Nothing. Just make sure you pass all materials on to the recipient. (Note that if the product was preinstalled on your computer and you did not get a product box for it, you may not...

Track registered products and trigger event
I have a very simple spreadsheet that has a column of serial numbers and next to it a column with a yes/no tracking whether a serial number has been registered or not. I want my sales team calling into an account once 50% of the serials are registered so I created a pivot table that simply has the yes/no field on the top and a count of each in the data. Then I created a pivot chart with the yes and no next to each other and the data labels displayed. So far so good and this does accomplish what I want at it's most simple level. What I would love to do though is: 1) change the count (a...

SQL Trigger
I would like to write a record to up to our legacy database (linked server to mainframe in SQL 2005) when we post the receipt of an item on a PO. I started off by creating an Insert trigger on POP10110, but i am having some problems. Can I use VBA and write this record after clicking the "Post" button. If so, I am not sure how to make sure the VBA code executes after the Dynamics code. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks -- JoeS You will not be able to put a trigger on POP10110 for receipts. After all, POP10110 are the purchase order lines. You will want t...

Unregister a module
Hi everyone, My question is: How to unregister a module? For example; we have BOM module and recently bought Mfg, how can I unregister/disable the BOM module, so users will get a message "This is not registered." or the module is not there in the list and cannot be added either. Thanks. AMH. To unregister a module, go to: tools>setup>system>registration "AMH" wrote: > Hi everyone, > > My question is: How to unregister a module? > > For example; we have BOM module and recently bought Mfg, how can I > unregister/disable the BOM module,...

SheetActivate event not triggered by PF5 (goto) range on different sheets.
Hi, I just noticed that the SheetActivate event is not triggered by PF goto ranges on different sheets. The same happens if the sheet i changed by selecting a named range in the drop-down list of the "Nam Box". I'm using Excel 2000 on top of XP. Is this a known issue, any workarounds, etc? thanks, Scot -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Workflow Manual Rule Triggers Duplicate Assign Rule
I am creating a manual workflow rule that changes the owner of a record to a specified user. I then have an assign rule that I would like to create activities (Phone Call) for this record and user when the manual rule is applied. However, when I apply the manual rule, the assign rule runs twice and creates two activities. I am not sure why this is happening since the record is only being reassigned once from the manual rule. ...

Trigger For Licence
Dear all I want a trigger can help me to show a massage to user when they do not pay for the rest of licence mony the massage contain the day rest of licence 3 day for example. thanks and good bye Did you want this message displayed just after a user has logged into a company? This is the trigger I use for just after login. if Trigger_RegisterProcedure(script 'Add_Successful_Login_Record', TRIGGER_AFTER_ORIGINAL, script XXXXXXXX) <> SY_NOERR then warning "Log on procedure trigger registration failed."; end if; PS: There is no need to post the same question m...

Unregister ActiveX controls
Hi, I have created an ActiveX control using MFC and hosted it on a webpage. How do I ensure that when I update the control in the web page IE installs this new version on the client machine ? Coz once the control is registered on the client machine it keeps running this version even though a new version may be available on the page. Regards, Sachin Hegde Sachin Hegde wrote: > Hi, > I have created an ActiveX control using MFC and hosted it on a webpage. How > do I ensure that when I update the control in the web page IE installs this > new version on the client machine ? > C...

Help with Trigger
I would really appreciate some help with a trigger I have a Soheader table and a customer table. I would like upon data entry to update the Soheader.sotypeid field with the customer.user5 field when the soheader.custid is selected. so upon entry or change of the soheader.custid I would like the Soheader.sotypeid field to get updated with the value on the customer.user5 field. where soheader.custid = customer.custid thanks very much S Commar Sammy (s_commar@hotmail.com) writes: > I would really appreciate some help with a trigger > > I have a S...

Trigger Update Current Record Only
I have written a trigger that updates prices based on changes to subdescription3. The trigger works but it updates all records that meet the conditions. I only want to update the current record to improve processing time. How do I tell the trigger that I only want it to process the current item id? join to the "inserted" table in an Update or Insert trigger. See SQL Server books online or MSDN. -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post...

trigger on select
Hi all, I know that "trigger on select" does not exists, I'm searching something to accomplish this need: I have a table, let's say: [Some_table] [ID] int primary key [Flag] bit [Some_Field] nvarchar(40) when a user (all user) does a select on a row of that table that has [Flag]=1 the select statement does not returns the correct value for [Some_Field] column but a specific value that I specify in the "trigger on selest". How can I do this? This script was written by Dejan Sarka long times ago and since you have not provided us wi...

how to unregister an email from passport linked to calender?
i have an bussines account , it is registre at passport.com and also i have a hotmail account so i need only one to have my online calender. how do i do that? ...

Removing Unregistered Library
Hi all, I'm currently going round in circles with this one: I have a workbook that has been created in xl 2000 and sends e-mail from outlook. However, when the file is opened and saved in Excel 200 the references to the Outlook v9.0 library change to Outlook v11.0 This would be fine except the file has to run in office 2000, xp an 2003. Help!!! When the file is re-opened in excel 2000 the outlook library doesn' change back from xp to 2000. I have been trying various forms of VBA t remove the reference library link but with no success. I keep gettin error "Object Library Not R...

Possible to trigger rules from MSN through VBA?
I understand that it is not possible to apply rules to email that comes in from MSN. In my case, my Outlook 2003 knows about two email sources, a POP3 account and an MSN account. Is it possible to write a VB macro that, upon delivery of an MSN email message, transfers that email message to the top of the POP3 email tree and have the rules execute on it from there? -- Richard Lewis Haggard www.Haggard-And-Associates.com ...

Trigger on IVR10015
I'm trying to find a way to capture the actual created date on new items when the item copy function is used (when you use the copy function it stores the created date of the source item as the created date of the new item). We have manufacturing but we don't have the QA module, so I was trying to add a trigger to IVR10015 to put the current date in the QA Start Date field and or the QA End Date field upon insert to IVR10015. When I do that and add a new item I get the message below. How can I tell what the constraint is that is being violated? Any other ideas on how to capt...

Replication Not being Triggered
Guys, I've created a new user more than 15 minutes ago and this user has not been replicated yet from the branch to my hub site. I'm testing the replication because of a few complaints of late that the replication is not happening as fast as it should. Any ideas of where I can start looking. I tested using dcdiag, repadmin and everything is ok. However, if i force the replication repadmin /replicate it works fine. I don't want to have to invoke replication everytime an object is created. Nik. Nik schrieb: > I've created a new user more than 15 minutes...

SQL Triggers in Headquarters
We are planning on implementing RMS and Headquarters for our multiple-store retail sales (do not have it installed yet). We are also going to have a virtual store, which will sell items from our brick-and-mortar store inventory. Without getting into too many details at this time, we have determined that the best way for us to accomplish our business needs is to have an external SQL database which will be used to keep track of brick-and-mortar store inventory and will also be used to record virtual store sales. We would then have triggers on this database and on the Headquarters databas...