Could not establish SQL database connection using GPConnNET assembly

Hi,

When deploying my DexToNet Application, I'm getting the following
error whenever I open any of my custom forms:

 Could not establish SQL database connection using GPConnNET assembly

My forms are using the existing GP connection set to Company.Default.

Any idea or suggestion on where should I look for a solution?  Is this
a problem of the Data Source?

Thanks!

SQL Server Express 2008
Hi, I just had to do a full re-install on a new machine. The new machine is windows 7. I am having problems trying to install sql express 2008 Here are my steps i did. I installed Visual Studio 2008 Installed VS2008 sp1 Then uninstalled anything that said "SQL" ( because it was all for the 2005 version ). Then I went and downloaded the SQL Express 2008 and installed. It then installed SQL Express 2008 sp1. Now, when I go to the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio I dont have a server installed. I go into Server Configuration Manager and under the ...

Sql Server Name
Hi, i need the SQL server name from Dex globals if it is exist for GP 8 , as i will use it as a parameter , please note that i don't need the datasource name "ODBC Name" you answers will be appreciated thank you Have a look at this KB Article that explains how to get the SQL Instance name from Dexterity via passthrough SQL. https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;907674 David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions...

Interresting Directory question Outlook clients connecting to wro
I have a problem in my environment where, at random, clients are grabbing Directory servers from our Forest Root domain (empty root). Looking in Exchange config directory access is configured for DC4,DC5,DC6. AD sites and services have been configured so that Exchange servers have their own GCs (DC4,DC5,DC6) and that the user community is configured for a different site which contains (FR1,FR2, DC1,DC2,DC3) Fr denotes forest root and DC denotes domain controllers in the user domain. For some reason, at random, clients are looking at FR1 and FR2 for directory information. This present...

Problems running credit cards when using a router
We have recently set up POS and our EDC info. We use a cable modem for our broadband connection. Credit card processing when the POS computer is connected directly to the modem. When connected through our router, it can't connect to Vital. Is there a specific port that needs to be open? I can't find a list of ports. I've tried adding the IP for the POS machine to DMZ, but even that does not work. (another oddity is that our router gets a completely different IP address on the WAN then the POS machine does when connected to the modem) This is a multi-part message in MIME fo...

Create Login with T-SQL
Hello, I am creating, using T-SQL, a database with its file groups, tables, constraints, etc. Can I also create, using T-SQL, a Login with Username and Password to access that database? Usually, I go to Security > Logins of SSMS to manually create the login. However, if I could do the same using T-SQL I would have it all made automatically. Thanks, Miguel EVERYTHING that the GUI does winds up as tsql executions on the server. :-) Most of them you can generate a script for using the Script menu in the upper left of the current dialog window. This is a great way to ...

Outlook XP connection
Hi Everyone Since the mailbox migration from an exchange 2000 to exchange 2003, most of the Outlook 2002 clients automatically change the server name's reference in user's profile. BUT some NOT 1���I don't understand why 2���Is it possible to change the server name's reference in user's profile by scripting for instance? Thank for Help Regards Franck V. ...

Using 64 bits software for read data of acces
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C73FE2.6964A1F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have to write one 64 bit software that read data on an data base = microsoft acces. It seem that 64 bit drivers isn't availlable. When do you have it? thank ------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C73FE2.6964A1F0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML>&l...

How to get a database out of recovery mode
Hi, I have detached a database, moved the files to another drive and attached the DB again. It appeared in read-only mode, so I tried to change the mode to read-write... but unfortunately it failed When I look in the error log there is a stack dump where some of the info are Location: "logmgr.cpp":5527 Expression: !(minLSN.m_fSeqNo < lfcb->lfcb_fSeqNo) Input Buffer 172 bytes - ALTER DATABASE [PXPX_PLEngine_Frys] SET READ_WRITE WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE After this the database became inaccessable and gave the following reply on various DBCC calls "Databas...

Intermittent
When using Office Outlook 2003 to access my MSN Hotmail Plus emails, I have an intermittent problem with access. I receive a popup that states: "Cannot establish a connection to server. Now working in offline." I have no problem connecting to the Internet with Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. I am presently using Cox Cable Broadband to access the internet. Sometimes it takes two or three attempts to access my MSN Hotmail Plus email account using Office Outlook 2003. I am paying $19.95 a year for this email account. I would complain to MSN/Hotmail. "YNCMSS518...

how do i get mutiple values using vlookup in excel, lookup value .
hi , i have data stored in excel as column a- Purchase order no column b- Invoice no i want to query basis purchase order no & result should give mutiple invoice no stored agst one purchase order no how do i do this using lookup or something ! One way: Invoke AutoFilter. Abhijeet wrote: > hi , i have data stored in excel as column a- Purchase order no column b- > Invoice no i want to query basis purchase order no & result should give > mutiple invoice no stored agst one purchase order no how do i do this using > lookup or something ! I use the following for somet...

how to put in sql code
first of all many thanks to Klatuu who has already helped me a lot!! I create my SQl code by means of some string concatenation. I do this so i can use the values of my field to create my SQl code. The problem is that some of these fields are double-populated eg. field location contains England and Brazil. My string creates "IIf([Table]![Location]" & [Location] & ",'OK', 'problem')" how can i populated the field location so that it is SQl-code? as =(Brazil or England) does not work as =Brazil or = England do...

A5 booklet using A4 paper in Word 2007
What settings should I use for page setup, i.e. paper size (A4 or A5?), margins etc. to print a double-sided A5 booklet using A4 paper? Also, what settings for printing? On the Margins tab of Page Setup, under "Multiple pages," choose "Book fold." -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Iggie" <Iggie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53E986FC-662F-46B1-BE72-A472B4118438@microsoft.com... > What settings should I use for page setup, i.e. paper size (A4 or...

DPM 2007 SQL database performance
I am running DOM 2007 on storage server 2003 R2. I allocated about 5 GB of Ram to the SQL instance for DPM and allowed it access to all 4 cores of a single Quad Core Xeon proc. The install is running on a RAID 5 array of 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA drives. The database is now at 4.5 GB after a little over 1 year of use. Performance is really bad and degrading quickly. I commonly see 15 minute wait times when performing management operations like modifying a protection group. At this point is it safe to assume the disk array is my main issues? Is it common for Databases to crest 4 G...

How do I use long date format in a header or footer?
You don't. Excel defaults to short date. You can achieve a modicum of alteration in Windows Regional Settings but not like Thursday, November 16, 2005 To get that you would need a macro. Sub DateInFooter() With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.CenterFooter = Format(Date, "dddd, MMMM dd, yyyy") End With End Sub Alternative................. Assume you have date formatted to Thursday, November 16, 2005 in A1 Sub CellInFooter() With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.CenterFooter = .Range("A1").text End With End Sub Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 16 N...

Question about ho to insert data in SQL
Hello I have a adodb recordset which always have 2000 records The code is like this 'fisrt i'm opening the database in which i will insert the data conn.ConnectionString = "Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=MyDate;Integrated Security=True" cmd = New SqlCommand("select * from table", conn) conn.Open() 'Then i'm opening a ADODB recordset rst.Open("http://www.domain.gr/data.asp") 'the rst filled with 2000 records 'now i want to insert them to the sql database 'i'm using While Not rst.EOF dim Ins as...

what is the boot record of the database file? & TDE
Hi, I've just been reading an article about TDE, in the article I came across the following sentence The database encryption key that is created in the user database, in which TDE has been implemented, is included in the standard database backup. It is stored in the boot record of the database file so that it can be accessed and used to decrypt the user database. my question is what is the boot record of the database file? (I've googled this but I've not found a definitive answer..) additionally - I've not actually implemeted TDE yet. do the following back...

Help with sql
Hi I have been given a rather hairy piece of sql to put into a module but I have not been able to properly convert it to SQL that access can process. Can anyone help with this? The sql is: update cdb_data a from cdb_description b set item_date = date(varchar(b.start_year)+'.1.1') + date(varchar(b.start_period-1)+' days') - date(varchar((locate('Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri ',dow(date(varchar(b.start_year)+'.1.1')+ date(varchar(b.start_period-1)+' days'))))/4)+' days') + date(varchar(((a.period-1+(locate('Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri ',dow(date(var...

using passwordRecovery
Hello! Here is an example on setting for passwordRecovery. I have one question do I have to specify the password as they have done in this example ? <configuration> ... <system.net> <mailSettings> <smtp deliveryMethod="Network" from="youraddress@example.com"> <network host="smtp.example.com" userName="username" password="password" ...

How do I setup basic triggers in SQL? Please help I'm new to trigg
Does anyone have suggestions or template for creating basic triggers in SQL? I am absolute beginer when it comes to triggers, I just understand the basic concept of what a trigger does. My goal is to copy certain fields FROM the SOP10100 (header) & SOP10200 (detail) tables TO a newly created table based on a certain criteria in the SOP tables. How would I do this? Do I need to start by right clicking on both SOP10100 & SOP10200 and go to the option "Manage Triggers" to create the triggers? How would I create the syntax for the trigger? Like when I click on Manage tri...

CRM Database Log Files Getting Very Large
Does anyone know why the database log file for the MSCRM database would be growing exponentially large? I setup MS CRM in a test environment, and haven't even added any data to the database yet. But in the few weeks that the server has been running, the MSCRM log file has grown to over 6G. A full database backup is done every night using Veritas. I've tried backing up and truncating the log files also, but it didn't reduce the size of the log files either. The log file shrinking option in SQL Enterprise Manager indicates that the file can be shrunk, but only be a small a...

Not even Office Live Using Document Connection
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3331376369_11931625 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit While others are saying they can use the SP2 version of Document Connection to Office Live but not Sharepoint I can�t even get connected to my Office Live Workspace which I have been using via the browser for a long time. I can't add my Office LIve Workspace location to Document Connection. The gear just spins and what�s almost as bad it...

Establish if Offset RANGE contains text
I wish to establish if an offset RANGE contains text. so, activecell and the cell below can be merged, and then populated. something like.... if Range(ActiveCell.Offset(0, 0), ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0)).value is nothing then my macro else my macro end if Can anybody please help? if isempty(activecell.offset(1,0).value) then 'single cell under the activecell or maybe... if application.counta(activecell.resize(2,1)) > 0 then 'at least one of the cells (activecell or the one below it) has something 'in it Mik wrote: > > I wish to esta...

formatting sql-statement causes left outlining in MSHlexgrid
Hello I use the following SQL-statement to fill a MSHFlexgrid This causes the column to left-outlining nomatter how I try SQL = "select Reken as Reken,format(Bedragv,'#0.00') as Lasyear when I remove the format, the column is right-outlined. How come, please help. I want it Right outlined, but allsod formatted to 2 decmials thanks Catharinus van der Werf csvanderwerf@planet.nl "catharinus" <csvanderwerf@planet.nl> wrote in message news:3577f3bb-2264-44af-b9de-f085d1581055@21g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... > Hello > I use the following SQL...

Using Access for SQL data tweaking
Hi, I read the thread about the dangers of going in with Microsoft Access and using the grid/queries format to modify RMS data. I see that it can be done if you are willing to take the risks of bypassing the verification checks performed by RMS. However, what I don't quite get is how to make Access talk to the SQL database to begin with! I am using SQL Server Express 2005 (only works with the latest hotfix for RMS; that's an alligator I think is already licked) and Access 97. All I'm aware of to try is just directly attempting to open the .mdb with Access, but it doesn&#...

Invalid use of Null 12-21-07
In my project I have a On Click action that opens another form. The code is: Private Sub JobName_Click() On Error GoTo HandleError Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "frmProposal" stLinkCriteria = "[Proposal ID]=" & Me![Proposal ID] DoCmd.Close 'Close this form DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria ExitHere: Exit Sub HandleError: MsgBox Err.Description Resume ExitHere End Sub Pretty straight forward and it works great. I think something is corupting the application though, because o...