Cost Variance Journal not printing the difference

When doing a Purchase Order receipt and the item cost is differente; that is
the user enter a different cost from what was establish on the original
Purchase Order, the COST VARIANCE JOURNAL prints:

** Adjustments for this receipt were not automatically created in General
Ledger.
 Enter variance adjustments to the Cost of Goods Sold/Inventory accounts for
identified items on this report.

I have verified all posting account and made sure they were all filled. I
also found a kb close to the problem (kb#931002) and made sure both Inventory
& Offset were different.  Still no success in printing a cost varaince.

What am I missing?

0
RicoTowers (135)

Different Secondary X Axis but same Y Axis
I am plotting 2 data sets with different X axes. I would like them to use the same Y axis, but the only way I can figure it out is if I use a primary and secondary Y axis of the same values. This causes me to make a few extra steps is the scaling of the 2 Y axes change...I have to manually go in and change it. My primary data series looks like this: A 10% B 35% C 16% D 44% My secondary data series looks like this 0 75% 1 75% I would like for the secondary data series to use the same Y axis % min/max and the primary. Any thoughts? -- Mutiny_92 You already ...

Resource Type Cost: why its cost does not appear in actual cost?
Hello! 1. We have defined a resource type cost in the resource sheet 2. We have assigned its cost on a project task using Tools / Assign Resources 3. We started the project and at some point the project task containing this cost resource was completed. Problem: Although the task is completed, the cost of the resource type cost assigned to it does not appear in the actual cost. We are using MSP 2007. Thank you very much for your help explaining us why this happens. Regards, Ana Ana -- To status an Expense Cost resource, you need to manually enter the actual expenditure...

how can I paste to a different workbook without formula refrencing the original sheet
hi, I have many workbooks which have 8-9 sheets each. All identical as an e.g each work book represents a company and each sheet has some financial data for that company. I am adding a new sheet which has charts and formulas which refrence other sheets in the same workbook. I want to replicate this sheet in all other workbooks but the formulas and charts need to refrence the sheets in the local workbook. But when I copy and paste all the data is refrenced from the original sheet and I have to fix every data point and this is very cumbersome and ineffcieint. Is there some way to do this ea...

Excel 2010 print settings
I had a macro running for people on excel 2007 which changed the printer to a pdf factory and print a number of pages (in specific order, and from different sheets.) the code i used was Application.ActivePrinter = "pdfFactory on FPP3:" ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut From:=1, To:=1, Copies:=1,ActivePrinter:="pdfFactory Pro on FPP3:" all the PC's have been upgraded to Excel 2010, and as a result it doesnt seem to like changing the printer from excel. does anyone have a route around this, or coding in 2010 that will set a printer? thanks crossy75 expressed ...

Publisher 2007 & additional licenses
We have 2 versions of publisher. One is 2000 the other is 2002. Can I upgrade both with the same version? Where do I get the additional license for the 2nd machine? Barb wrote: > We have 2 versions of publisher. One is 2000 the other is 2002. Can I > upgrade both with the same version? Where do I get the additional license > for the 2nd machine? If they are both full-version copies (i.e. the 2002 version isn't an upgrade from the 2000 version), then you can buy two upgrade packages to upgrade each to Publisher 2007. There is no discount for buying only one box and t...

Credit Card
What are the code/xml lines I should enter in the 40 col receipt properties or the xml file so that I have an indicator to inform me if the credit card was swiped or hand-entered? There is a tender.Swiped variable, but I don't know WHERE and WHAT XML lines I shoul enter in the XML file to take advantage of this. ...

What are the differences between Excel 2000 and Excel 2002
If you have Excel 2002, then from Help you can find What's New. -- Rob van Gelder - http://www.vangelder.co.nz/excel "ceroork" <ceroork@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:226D0DF6-07BA-43BA-8280-325148DABC71@microsoft.com... > See http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/index.htm -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "ceroork" <ceroork@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:226D0DF6-07BA-43BA-8280-325148DABC71@microsoft.com... > ...

Pivot table using different worksheets/same workbook
I need to know if there is a way to create one Pivot Table for multiple sheets in a workbook. For example, I have separate sheets for each month for a sales report and would like the Pivot Table to show the totals for the entire year. You can create a pivot table from data on separate sheets (multiple consolidation ranges), but the results may not be exactly what you want. There's more information here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot08.html Mellie wrote: > I need to know if there is a way to create one Pivot Table for multiple > sheets in a workbook. For example, I ...

Why do I have 4 pages print ?
Sorry about the previous post. I did a worksheet that went into a 2nd page. I put a header on it and when I print it has 4 pages. Thank you Usually when I get those extra sheets, it's because the I overflowed on the number of columns, too. If I know that I only want 1 page wide, I'll set the print settings that way: File|page setup|Page tab I'll make sure I have it set for: Fit to: 1 page(s) wide by (leave blank) tall office wrote: > > Sorry about the previous post. I did a worksheet that went into a 2nd page. > I put a header on it and when I print it has 4 pa...

printing while updating date...
We have an employee sign-in roster which we print out everday. Everytime I have to go in and update to todays date and print it. I want to know if I can just set up a macro to print out about 60 sheets for the next 60 days while updating the date at the same time. Don't worry about considering weekends/holidays....we are open 7 days. -Thanks Guys! -- soundgarden ------------------------------------------------------------------------ soundgarden's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28479 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...

journal entry with multiple contacts
I would like to put a journal entry in each contact automatically when i do a mailing to a mailing to several contacts at the same time. (This is a print mailing, not email.) Also, I do not print the material or labels, it comes directly from my printer. Thanks ...

Print Menu
We are creating a database where the user inputs data for pricing. There are approx. 5-6 "reports" that the user can print. The can print 1 or more reports (or all). I'm thinking of adding a command button that would open a selection box listing the reports and allowing the user to select a report (s) and then close once the reports print. I don't want to write any VBA if I can figure out how to do this a simpler way. Any suggestions? -- Thanks! Chris Well, let's think about this: you're going to have to write some code to open the selection box and evalu...

Correcting Landed Costs
Hi, I have been researching on how to correct landed costs but there does not seem to be any supporting documenations for it. I have an item that was received under the wrong item code. (non- inventoried item). The item got received along with the Landed cost. I would like to re-enter a new PO instead and then rereceive the items and LC but I need to back out first the incorrect transaction. I can enter a Purchase Order Return doc type to back out the non- inentoried item that got received initially but how do I back out the Landed cost? Any ideas? thank you. Hi, this K...

Business card print prob
Hi to all I have asked this before but comp prob so lost info. I am trying to print a page with 10 business cards on it but as it prints the writing slips down the page; I have done all checks I can think of . thanks sandra This is a printer issue, especially inkjets. Your roller pickup may be faulty. Do you have a lever for heavier stock? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sandra Bodycoat" <sandybody@westnet.com.au> wrote in message news:42f88d5e$1@quokka.wn.com.au... > Hi to all > I have ask...

SQL Script to set item cost to highest cost for that item on any PO
What I need to do is set the current item cost (on the item properties page) for all my items to the highest cost for each item on any PO ever regardless of the PO status (closed, placed, etc) if it's not currently set to this already. Before I do this I would like to print out a list of changes that will be made. Can anybody help me with an SQL script for this (yes I will back up before doing anything!)? Alex, Assuming you are ok with 0 being set for a cost if the item has never been Ordered, here is a script that should work for you. UPDATE Item SET Cost = ISNULL( ( SELEC...

how to select paragraphs to be printed
how do i select various paragraphs on the same page to be printed i can only highlight one paragraph at a time many thanks While you can select non-contiguous selections by holding the CTRL key whilst making the selections, you cannot readily print such a selection from the print dialog. The following macro will however print it. Sub PrintSelected() Application.ScreenUpdating = False On Error GoTo Oops Selection.Copy Documents.Add Selection.Paste With ActiveDocument .PrintOut .Close wdDoNotSaveChanges End With Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Oops: MsgBo...

Printing "embedded" emails Outlook 2000
Some emails are sent with an Excel worksheet embedded in the text. The email is sent in html format. On some recipients pcs, the embeded worksheet will not print the worksheet but will print a box with a red X. The Outlook 2000 setup on all pcs is the same. What do I look for? ...

different set of numbers
i'm doing a disseratation...and i'm finding difficult in doing the following example...example i, ii, iii, iv...for the first five pages of the documents...and then the sixth page sequential numbering ie 1,2,3.... In order to restart page numbering and/or change their formatting you need to have Section Breaks to divorce each part of the document from the next. See Word Help on the subject of Section Breaks as well as the topic: "Start page numbering on a different page". HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 3/22/10 6:42 AM, in article FB8C025B-...

Old Journals
Can't figure out how to delete old journals. I go into View and the list comes up but when I press "delete" nothing happens. Anyone know what I'm missing? Krista wrote: > Can't figure out how to delete old journals. I go into View and the list > comes up but when I press "delete" nothing happens. Anyone know what I'm > missing? from administrator.. with sql statement. example: DELETE FROM Journal WHERE condition ... Antonio ...

Is it possible to have part of the chart print in red?
I typed weights into an Excel document then made a chart. Is there any way to make the chart print certain weights in a different color? For example, could I get it to make any weight over 500 grams show up in red? Dot Jon Peltier has instructions for conditional charts, which you could adapt to your data: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart Dot wrote: > I typed weights into an Excel document then made a > chart. Is there any way to make the chart print certain > weights in a different color? For example, could I get > it to make any wei...

Shipping Cost into Item Cost
Hi, I am a retailer of apparel, and shipping costs usually account for about 2-5% of the actual cost of the item. Because sometimes different suppliers have different item costs, I try to include the shipping costs into the item costs in my purchase order. What exactly happens when I put a value into the shipping option, rather than figuring out the shipping cost per item and adding it into my item cost? Is there a way for me to have it automatically share that shipping cost into the item cost? THANKS! ...

Printing protected Form in Word Mac 2008 & Office Documentation
I received a form to be filled; filling the form is no a problem. I can see on the screen AND in preview mode the full form and its filled content. However, as soon as I want to print it I just get the template form with statements as {FORMTEXT} statements and so on.... Saving or printing as .pdf is he same !!!! Unfortunately, I have lost my original CD (assume that the documentation was in there) I just have my tiny yellow box with its barcodes and my invoice...... Is there a .pdf doc set of office 2008 avail somewhere ? I'm lost and there is nothing related in the OnLi...

Print background
How can I make a background image print? -Stacy Stacy, You can't, if it is an image you added using Format | Sheet | Background. Those images don't print. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "stacyjhaskins" <stacyjhaskins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2EE35A6-CB6E-4F04-9739-F3D4F867448A@microsoft.com How can I make a background image print? -Stacy ...

Inventory Costing
We have a client that has their items setup with Average valuation. They actually do not own the items. So when they post a PO Receiving transaction they don't Debit Inventory GL account, they instead Debit a Due/To From Account. The issue they have is how the average costing is automatically generating GL entries to account for cost variances. They don't need that entry to occur. So the question is how can we prevent that automatic cost variance entry from being created? Do they have to change valuation method? Is there a setup to not have GP create those entries? Can ...

Cannot Import Journal...
Hi, I am trying to import an excel file into an Outlook XP Journal... I've renamed the top row of fields in Excel to be: JournalType; Subject; StartDate; StartTime; Categories; Companies; Duration; BillingInformation; Mileage; Private; Body; ContactAddressType; ContactAddress; ContactName; Priority Sensitivity... and made sure that there mapped correctly when using the import wizard... The wizard seems to complete ok... but there is nothing in the journal afterwards... There's no filters or anything applied... Any help would be appreciated... Angus... ...