Cost field in SOP30200 table for Service Items?

Hello

In SOP30200 table i read the cost of sales transaction from Orextcst
field, and document Amount from 'Docamnt' Field and it's OK,
But the problems when that SOP transaction contain Service Item the
cost is ZERO ! ..

Any Idea for that?
0
info2256 (101)

Quantities are not tracked for service items so you do not have an inventory
layer to retrieve the costs from.  The only type of item that will track
quantities and costs is a Sales Inventory Item.

"Monzer Osama" wrote:

> Hello
>
> In SOP30200 table i read the cost of sales transaction from Orextcst
> field, and document Amount from 'Docamnt' Field and it's OK,
> But the problems when that SOP transaction contain Service Item the
> cost is ZERO ! ..
>
> Any Idea for that?

0
LeslieVail (702)
3/16/2008 6:39:00 PM
 Any suggest?

0
info2256 (101)
4/15/2008 9:20:11 AM
Do you need an accounting transaction to happen based on a cost, or is this
just for reporting purposes?  As you know GP does not track costs for
service items.  If you need an accounting transaction to happen
automatically based on cost, you can use Sales Inventory items.  If you just
need reporting, you can store the cost elsewhere and simply pull it for
reporting.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Monzer Osama" <info@almonzer.com> wrote in message
> Any suggest?

0
victoria (3340)
4/15/2008 11:20:44 AM
We have the same issue. Our solution is to use inventory items. For example
we have a base cost for labor hours that needs to be applied to the correct
labor accounts. Also we setup the items in their own class for reporting
purposes. Getting the "Inventory" into the system is the interesting part. We
typically adjust 1000 units of labor hours in and intercept the batch before
it hits the GL.
--
Scott Sparrow

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Do you need an accounting transaction to happen based on a cost, or is this
> just for reporting purposes?  As you know GP does not track costs for
> service items.  If you need an accounting transaction to happen
> automatically based on cost, you can use Sales Inventory items.  If you just
> need reporting, you can store the cost elsewhere and simply pull it for
> reporting.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>

> "Monzer Osama" <info@almonzer.com> wrote in message
> > Any suggest?

Scott, yep, that is probably the easiest thing to do if you need to actually
have a transaction that records the cost with the associated invoice.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Scott Sparrow" <ScottSparrow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have the same issue. Our solution is to use inventory items. For
> example
> we have a base cost for labor hours that needs to be applied to the
> correct
> labor accounts. Also we setup the items in their own class for reporting
> purposes. Getting the "Inventory" into the system is the interesting part.
> We
> typically adjust 1000 units of labor hours in and intercept the batch
> before
> it hits the GL.
> --
> Scott Sparrow
>

> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Do you need an accounting transaction to happen based on a cost, or is
>> this
>> just for reporting purposes?  As you know GP does not track costs for
>> service items.  If you need an accounting transaction to happen
>> automatically based on cost, you can use Sales Inventory items.  If you
>> just
>> need reporting, you can store the cost elsewhere and simply pull it for
>> reporting.
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>>

>> "Monzer Osama" <info@almonzer.com> wrote in message
>> > Any suggest?

0
victoria (3340)

I would Like to Receive the Windows Update Services for my Account
Thanks for your service... I would like to receive the Windows Updates for this acco unt at any time; please, take note about it. Thanks. -- FCAMPBELL01 Signatureship: ix/lc=1030 wcfla/lc=xxx-xx60310. fset/lc=xxx-xx25377. FCAMPBELL01 wrote: > Thanks for your service... I would like to receive the Windows > Updates for this acco > unt at any time; please, take note about it. I have taken note. Many others that are your peers likely will as well. However - I would bet the question would be, "Why should we care?" This is a peer-to-peer newsgroup - a foru...

copying a whole record from one table to another
have a form that allows users to search a Read Only database. I have a make table query that pulls data from this databae and puts it into a table in access. When a new record shows up in the linked database, the user will be able to search for it through my form, and what i would like to be able to do is, have a button that would allow the user to automatically import the new record into a different table based on the Manager who entered the new record. to simplify users pulls up the new record added to the linked database and needs to update the access database i would like a button ...

save my email "sent items" to a document so I can download
I need to make my "sent Items" in my Outlook Email a file to be savesd in my documents . I would like to download them to a CD. Any Ideas? wahoomq wrote: > I need to make my "sent Items" in my Outlook Email a file to be savesd in my > documents . I would like to download them to a CD. Any Ideas? Use auto-archive to move out old items (based on the Modified datestamp, not the Received datestamp) to move them into an archive .pst file. Then copy the archive .pst file from the hard drive to a CD-R. Just remember that you will need to copy that .pst file off the CD-...

Crosstab query and Lookup field problem
Hi there, I'm trying to create a Crosstab query that shows a Class of Business on the rows, Status along the columns and a total number of Projects as the values. The trouble is, the Project Status field is a lookup from another table, so though the Crosstab query works, along the top it shows 1, 2, 3, 4 etc as the column headings instead of Investigating, Estimating, On Hold...etc. I can't seem to find a way around this, can anyone help? Many thanks That's just one of the many reasons why many of us "seasoned" developers shun lookup fields. If you want to ...

Resource Type Cost: why its cost does not appear in actual cost?
Hello! 1. We have defined a resource type cost in the resource sheet 2. We have assigned its cost on a project task using Tools / Assign Resources 3. We started the project and at some point the project task containing this cost resource was completed. Problem: Although the task is completed, the cost of the resource type cost assigned to it does not appear in the actual cost. We are using MSP 2007. Thank you very much for your help explaining us why this happens. Regards, Ana Ana -- To status an Expense Cost resource, you need to manually enter the actual expenditure...

Pivot Table
I have a list in a file name abc.xls. I have defined the list with a name say XYZ. I have another file Summary.xls with a pivot table that I'm using to give me a summary of that list. The 'XYZ' which is the defined name of the actual list in abc.xls file works when both the files are open. When I open the Summary.xls file, first message says "Reference is not valid" and second message says "Cannot find "abc.xls file". If I first open the abc.xls file and then the summary.xls, then it works and not viceversa. Please update. Thx. As answered in microsof...

Publisher 2007 & additional licenses
We have 2 versions of publisher. One is 2000 the other is 2002. Can I upgrade both with the same version? Where do I get the additional license for the 2nd machine? Barb wrote: > We have 2 versions of publisher. One is 2000 the other is 2002. Can I > upgrade both with the same version? Where do I get the additional license > for the 2nd machine? If they are both full-version copies (i.e. the 2002 version isn't an upgrade from the 2000 version), then you can buy two upgrade packages to upgrade each to Publisher 2007. There is no discount for buying only one box and t...

Correcting Landed Costs
Hi, I have been researching on how to correct landed costs but there does not seem to be any supporting documenations for it. I have an item that was received under the wrong item code. (non- inventoried item). The item got received along with the Landed cost. I would like to re-enter a new PO instead and then rereceive the items and LC but I need to back out first the incorrect transaction. I can enter a Purchase Order Return doc type to back out the non- inentoried item that got received initially but how do I back out the Landed cost? Any ideas? thank you. Hi, this K...

Any sync app showing diffs in comments/text fields?
Hi all - I am looking for a synchronization app for Outlook 2003 which will allow me to sync data between my laptop and desktop. I know there are several that do this in some way, but they just allow selection of one duplicate over another. I tend to update contact notes in the large field underneath the IM field on the main screen, and I would love for an app to alert me on duplicate contacts and say, this text is different, do you want to update or merge the information? Is there anything that will do this? TIA for your help! vettejock99 <mwhitwor@yahoo.com> wrote: > I am look...

CWebBrowser2: accessing field values
hi, I have a WebBrowser2 in my application, May I have access to the value of Form Fields in my application? I mean the value of Edit boxes, etc. thanks,e Behzad ...

Combo box selection updates multiple source fields in underlying t
I have one combo box with six columns. One value is tied to the underlying table. I want people to choose from the combobox, and have ALL 6 underlying fields updated according to the combo box selection. It updated the one field that has the underlying field as the record source, is there anyway to tie the remaining 5 columns to the underlying table? Currently, the combobox relies on a seperate table that populates its values (a lookup table more or less), but each field in the seperate table does have a corresponding field in my main table. I did the =column5(or whatever column...

Pivot
Hi, I have a database of the following columns based on which a Pivot is created. There are various other parameters/Columns by which Sales, Margin are broken down. Each month may have hundreds of lines. The below is just a simple overview. Period Account Customer Type Country Amount Jan Sales x A TK 10 Jan Margin x A TK 3 Jan Sales y B DF 25 Jan Margin y B DF 15 Feb Mar The Pivot layout is in the following way Page : Period - This enables the user to choose the period for Sale...

Conditional Field in Queries

What is the box character in a text field and how do I replace it?
I have a text\memo filed that has a box charter(s) in it. I do not remember if it is a carriage return or whatever. Whats is the character and how do I replace it? Thanks Dave On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 06:46:01 -0700, Dave <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a text\memo filed that has a box charter(s) in it. I do not remember >if it is a carriage return or whatever. Whats is the character and how do I >replace it? > >Thanks > >Dave You'll need to find out what it is. My guess is that it's a linefeed Chr(10) - it wouldn...

SQL Script to set item cost to highest cost for that item on any PO
What I need to do is set the current item cost (on the item properties page) for all my items to the highest cost for each item on any PO ever regardless of the PO status (closed, placed, etc) if it's not currently set to this already. Before I do this I would like to print out a list of changes that will be made. Can anybody help me with an SQL script for this (yes I will back up before doing anything!)? Alex, Assuming you are ok with 0 being set for a cost if the item has never been Ordered, here is a script that should work for you. UPDATE Item SET Cost = ISNULL( ( SELEC...

Easy return of one item
Hello, Am I missing something or do I really have to put every item on a receipt on an invoice to return one item. Say there is 100 line items on a receipt. How can I easily specify one line? Thanks, Brian Using the "Recall for return" function, you are going to get all items from the transaction as you have seen. You can delete items from the return ( if you have the proper cashier rights ) , but you can't select which item from the transaction you want before recalling it. You can just switch a blank transaction into return mode, then add the single item being returned....

Excel pivot chart
Hi I hope someone can suggest a solution or workaround to the following... I have created a pivot chart with dates along the x-axis. As I have a wide time period I have changed the scale to show every 10 dates only. To help make it clearer we would also like to show the month on the x-axis below the date. I have added this to the data source and when I drag this down to the x-axis as well it reformats the spacing between the dates so that it turns into a big black mess of dates again. Is there a way to respecify the scale of the date field as when I click on the format axis/scale menu...

In-Transit Transfer Smartlists / Tables
Is their a Smartlist to view the open In-Transit Transfer Entry transactions in addition to a smartlist for open/histrory receiveing transactions? I am unable to view either of those smartlists. Is their a specific security permission that I have to unlock? If no smartlists exists, what are the relates SQL table names so that I can build them? Note: We are not registered with FSS module as we are a Wennsoft SMS/JC client. Thank you in advance. -- Scott Brunskill ODS Regina Have you tried the In-Transit Transfers List that appears in the Navigation Pane under Inv...

how to create referential integrity between two tables in diff dat
How can we create referential integrity relationship between tables in different databases. I have databasea db1 and db2. In db1->TableA,db2-->TableB TableA-->EmpID,EmpName TableB-->EmpID,DeptNo. How to create integrity relationship between Empid of two tables in diff databases. Hi Ajay You cannot create DRI between databases, I mean create PK/FK... However , you can simple join the tables between databases like SELECT <columns> FROM db1.tb1 T1 JOIN db2.tb1 T2 ON T1.col=T2.col WHERE.... "Ajay" <Ajay@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Memo Fields
I'm trying to collect data for a multiple record update and place it into a memo field. The application steps through a record set compiling the data to a text box on a form while not eor Me![Text1] = Me![Text1] & ", " & Me![RecordData] Wend This works fine. When I look at Me![Text1] after the While loop all the data is correct. I then place this filed into a table using a simple append query, but when I look in the table the information is truncated with many non-alpha charaters at the end. Any thoughts? On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 08:54:01 -0800, Justin <Justin...

Shipping Cost into Item Cost
Hi, I am a retailer of apparel, and shipping costs usually account for about 2-5% of the actual cost of the item. Because sometimes different suppliers have different item costs, I try to include the shipping costs into the item costs in my purchase order. What exactly happens when I put a value into the shipping option, rather than figuring out the shipping cost per item and adding it into my item cost? Is there a way for me to have it automatically share that shipping cost into the item cost? THANKS! ...

Row Grand Totals in Pivot Tables?
I'm working in Excel 2007 and I can't seem to see my row grand totals in my pivot table. I can see the grand totals on the columns, but no rows. Any ideas? Hi adodson See if the article at http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/pivottbls/gtotal_col2007.php does what you want. Regards, Pedro J. > I'm working in Excel 2007 and I can't seem to see my row grand totals in my > pivot table. I can see the grand totals on the columns, but no rows. Any > ideas? Yeah, that is what I would expect it to do too. However, I set that option and don't receive the total. ...

Reversing a cancelled contract in Field Service Contract Adminstra
I am a regular lurker on this board and really appreciate the information I have learned here so far. I have a specific question that I'm hoping someone can help me with. We are on GP 10.0 and use Field Service Contract Administration to manage customer contracts and billing. We processed a cancellation on a contract in Contract Administration (Field Service - Transactions - Contract Administration - Contract Entry/Update - Selected a contract - clicked Cancel button - completed info). This contract is now showing as "Cancelled" in the bottom right corner of that screen. ...

Inventory Costing
We have a client that has their items setup with Average valuation. They actually do not own the items. So when they post a PO Receiving transaction they don't Debit Inventory GL account, they instead Debit a Due/To From Account. The issue they have is how the average costing is automatically generating GL entries to account for cost variances. They don't need that entry to occur. So the question is how can we prevent that automatic cost variance entry from being created? Do they have to change valuation method? Is there a setup to not have GP create those entries? Can ...

Where to download: SBS 2008 with Windows Server 2008 Service Pack
I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 referenced below for download there. http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.aspx Can someone please point me at where I can find this version available for download? Thanks ozinca wrote: > I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 > referenced below for download there. > > http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.a...