Copying new accounts accoss companies.

Is there any way to copy a new ledger account across all companies?

    - Thanks, Mike
0
MikeParry (2)

Well, for future additions, I think the G/L Master Record Triggers
Professional Services Tool will do that...but there's nothing in the standard
system.

--
Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO

"Mike Parry" wrote:

> Is there any way to copy a new ledger account across all companies?
>
>     - Thanks, Mike
0
Bud (544)

Acessing new Vista/Win7 FIle Properties from .NET code?
I see in Vista and Windows 7, there is new Privilege Level property called "Run this program as an administrator" for EXE files. Is there a way to set this property in code? I have a copy of VS2010 Beta 2 running in a VM and checked the documentation for the FileInfo class but I didn't see anything. * Joe Cool wrote, On 19-1-2010 16:21: > I see in Vista and Windows 7, there is new Privilege Level property > called "Run this program as an administrator" for EXE files. Is there > a way to set this property in code? I have a copy of VS2010 Beta 2 > ru...

SQL Integration For Analytical Accounting
As Analytical Accounting does not work with Integration Manager, has anyone created a direct integration to the SQL tables for the purposes of bringing in historical financial data, specifically in a general journal format with analytical accounting analysis agttached to specific genral ledger account codes. -- Best Regards Mark I don't have a direct integration but the folks at eone have SmartConnect which has a drag and drop integration interface layered over econnect and should be able to do what you want. http://www.eonesolutions.com.au/content.aspx?page=SmartConnect Mark (Dy...

The New Release of RMS
When is this supposed to be comming...anyone??? I heard that RMS Partners were getting a copy of RMS 3.0 in July...of 07' I am pretty sure that didn't happen! -- Thank You Vince :) I think July of 2007 is when 2.0 was released to the public. I havent even read anything about new features and such of 3.00. "Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message news:ED6C522B-8E7B-4018-9F23-CD78CE32C500@microsoft.com... > When is this supposed to be comming...anyone??? I heard that RMS Partners > were getting a copy of RMS 3.0 in July...of 07' I ...

opening .dat Accounts Receivable file in Great Plains for DOS
Hi There: We are trying to retrieve some information from a posted accounts receivable report... We think its in a .dat file but have no way of opening... This anyone know if this is possible... Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Sincerely, Carmine Carmine, Can you be a little more specific? What version of GP, what report, what information? Victoria "Carmine" <Carmine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:839CC67C-A4C7-4584-8119-C40F74960573@microsoft.com... Hi There: We are trying to retrieve some information from a posted accounts ...

New book from sheet
Hi, Can anyone help me please? i need to be able to create a new book from an active sheet to save in a location specified by user. i.e: in workbook " invoices" on sheet number 2865 ( this sheet is active ) press a button, and a standard saveas dialog box appears. user can browse to location and save as new book. but it has to be the 1 sheet only. i cannot do it. Thanks, N.S. hi, try somthing like this..... sub SaveRange ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Select Selection.Copy Workbooks.Add Range("A1").PasteSpecial xlPasteAll Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show end sub ...

Project Accounting Billing Issue
We are using Project Accounting GP10 Sp2 and we use Time & Materials as our Project type. For our Accounting Method we use WHEN BILLED. But when we bill for projects it is only Inventory Transfer cost that show up in our TIME and MATERIALS BILLING Window other categories of cost like Employee Expense, Subcontractor fee, Logistics etc will not add up to the cost. Thus, over 10 months we have had our cost to be under reported, our profits unusually high and our Work-in-progress abitrarily high. I have checked the setup carefully but did not find any reason for Project Accounting to b...

Removing one account from an online service
[MS Money 2005] I have multiple accounts with the same bank and I recently closed one of the accounts. Now whenever I do an online update I get an error saying that the account might be closed (duh, good guess since I checked the Account Closed box). You would think if the Account Closed box was checked that the online banking would stop requesting info but it doesn't. The only instructions that I can find tell me how to stop Online Services for that entire Financial Institution but I only want to stop one account with that institution. Any suggestions? Tiffany I have been...

Want to readd Company through GP 6.0
We just went throught GP Utilities and created a new company no problem. We forgot to select a chart of accounts. So through GP, we deleted the company and try to readd the company back in. Well it won't allow us to save. We are logged in as sa. Anything ideas. Thanks Mike are you using the same company id? if so delete the mdf and ldf file in windows explorer. >-----Original Message----- >We just went throught GP Utilities and created a new company no problem. We >forgot to select a chart of accounts. So through GP, we deleted the company >and try to readd th...

cut,copy paste function
Design or invent 'cut,copy and paste' function,and be included in Excel functions ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=94734950-3e7f-4e41-ae08-d5435e156bd7&dg=microsoft.public.excel...

zba banking accounts
How do you record bank transfers on zba accounts that are for multi companies? Depending on the number of transactions I would look into Integration Manager and possibly e-Connect. With Integration Manager you could enter the withdrawals from one company then use most of the data to enter the deposit to the zba company. You would then need process a "deposit" on the zba company. "TammyE" wrote: > How do you record bank transfers on zba accounts that are for multi > companies? ...

copying vba code to a standard code module
How do I copy vba code from a web page to a standard code module? Note: I don't know what a standard code module is. Thanks. In the VBA editor, go to the Insert menu and choose Module. Cut and paste the code from the web page to that module. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "1vagrowr" <1vagrowr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD7155E1-2904-4701-81D7-067E22B9330C@microsoft.com... > How do I copy vba code from a web page to a standard code > module? Note: I > don't kno...

Finding new records in subsequent reports (XL07)
I'm helping a colleague who receives a monthly report which grows by about 25K rows per month. There is one field from which we generate a list of unique values using AdvancedFilter; the resulting list is about 10K rows. On a month to month basis, we need to compare the previous unique list to the current unique list, and create a third list that contains ONLY the new values that show up in the current list that were not present in the previous list. I can do this by looping through either list and doing a Application.Match against the other list, and writing those valu...

Import/Export New items between MRS's
At present I have 2 locations. I am waiting for my software vender to supply me with HQ. In the mean time I need to transfer son items from one location to the other. These items are not on the second RMS. Is there any way to Export / Imprort the item date for these Items or do I have to enter all 150 items at the second POS? Thank You Mike There is an import tool that is free and can be downloaded from the link below. You must have access to CustomerSource to dowload the file. http://tinyurl.com/buzwz Rob "Michael F. C" <Michael F. C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

New messages don't display in Outlook
In our Exchange 5.5 environment, we frequently have Outlook 2002 clients that will not received a refreshed view of their inbox when messages arrive. A message is delivered to their inbox, and can be seen from another client on another machine, but the problem client won't see a copy of it until they perform some action in Outlook that will refresh their view, such as change folders, or start a new message. We are NOT using offline files. We do NOT have "disable automatic send/receive" checked. Some computers have an automatic send/receive set, most do not....it doesn&#...

Turn off Outlook creating a new version when an E-mail is edited
In my Outlook 2003, whenever I edit and save an E-mail, say to remove a large attachment after copying it to my hard drive, it creates a new version of the E-mail instead of changing the original. How can I turn this of? I think I'm seeing the same issue...I keep my deleted items folder empty on a pretty regular basis but I continually find "ghost" email records and other items that don't have anything on them. Is this what you are experiencing as well? (odd about the screen names ) {:0) "Craigster" wrote: > In my Outlook 2003, whenever I edit ...

Copy/Paste in CMyEdit that inherits from CEdit
Hi everyone, I created a new class CMyEdit that inherits from CEdit. Then I defined an edit control in my dialog to this type. So basically the only thing I changed is using the class CMyEdit instead of CEdit for the edit control. The problem is that when I run the program, I can't copy/paste anymore in the edit control using the keyboard (Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V). I have to do it only with the mouse. Note that CMyEdit does not define any new function or override or overload any function from CEdit. I have just created it with the Add Class Wizard and tested my code. What should I do t...

How to use system speaker for new mail notification
How do i make Outlook 2000 use the system speaker for new mail notifications? We don't have external speakers and have heard other machines doing it.... ...

Problem moving M2005 Deluxe to new machine
I installed Money on the new machine and tried to: 1) Open the current.mny file 2) Restore from my backup.mbf 3) sign in using my valid Passport id (used to log into MS support to post this) none work: 1) Says it's not the right version, though it's the same software 2) Says it can't write the new current.mny as it doesn't have write permissions (it's my account and I'm PC's administrator 3) says the login isn't valid. Can anyone point me to a way to successfully more my Money to the new computer? In microsoft.public.money, David Teich wrote: >I instal...

analytical accounting integration #2
how i can integrate analytical accounting from excel sheet to GL transaction entry? Ahmad, I would suggest creating macro to perform this task, let me know if need help in creating such macro. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Ahmed Hussein" wrote: > how i can integrate analytical accounting from excel sheet to GL transaction > entry? SmartConnect from eOne Solutions (www.eonesolutions.net) is a tool that will...

Date changes when copied
I've got an excel file where all the dates were changed. The cell format is "Date (14-mar-98)". Funny thing, if I try to copy a cell on another worksheet in another workbook with the same cell format, the data will change. Les say you have 01-Dec-03, it'll change to 30-Nov-99 in the new workbook! Ok, if you follow me, here is another one. You know that if you change a "date" cell format into "general"... the data inside that cell will give you a number (try it if you've never done it). So 01-Dec-03 on the corrupt file gives 36494 when the cell format...

XP: copy/paste from Access into Excel
Hello I am converting lots of Access/Excel apps to the XP version and I hav problems with the most stupid issues. Here is one of them: in the previous version (under NT) I could just copy and past tables/queries from Access into Excel (Crtl C/Crtl V) and everythin was working. Now the numbers are all formatted as text in Excel unless I past special (Biff5). I know I could use the Tools--> Analise it with Excel (from Access t Excel) but this opens the results in a new sheet and sometimes I nee to paste in a specified region of existing spreadsheets. Yes, I could also use pass through query ...

Using Company Wide Mail Templates.

Account Lookup Window
Is there any way to make a global setting for our all of our users where they will only see "active" accounts when they are looking for an account in the Account (Lookup) Window? We have quite a few inactive accounts and they cause confusion for the end user since the lookup window does not tell them if they are inactive or not. Can you use Modifier with VBA so that only active accounts are displayed? "Hutch" wrote: > Is there any way to make a global setting for our all of our users where they > will only see "active" accounts when they are looking...

click on a cell copy to another sheet

Typing in cells: New Paragraph ??
I am fairly new to Excel and this may be a very basic question, so I thank you in advance. I would like to type in a single cell, and be able to start a new line in that cell. Usually this can be accomplished in every other program by either pressing; return, enter, shift+enter, or (less than sign)p(greater than sign). How in the world can this be done in this mysterious Excel program?? I appreciate any help, as I have no idea how to even search for this question. Thanks. Joanna -- Frustrated Word User Try using Alt+Enter -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Frustrated Word User"...