Copy setup tables and changing functional currency

I have a Company database named PRIMARY where the Default currency is USD.
The Company has 8 other currencies. I have a brand new Company database named
SECONDARY and I want the Default currency to be VEB and not USD. I have read
tech articles 872709  and 874208 on using DTS to get the setup data over to
the new Company database. This is a 7.5 version of GP. I seem to have an
issue with database triggers on the SECONDARY Company database after the DTS.
Has anybody been through the process of creating a new Company database along
with DTS of the setup tables and changed the functional currency at the same
time.

Where can I find those tech atricles?

0
bobh815 (22)
2/13/2006 4:01:42 AM
Go to Customer source and do a search on the Knowledge base.

"Bob Harrison" wrote:

> Where can I find those tech atricles?

0
charlie (92)

Creating a table
There's probably an easier way to do it but... I have a series of numbers in column A (150 in all) and a series of letters in column B (22 in all). In total there are 4800 rows. What I am trying to do is create a table with the number down the left hand side and the letters across the top. In each cell within the table I need to count how many times the combination of number/letter appears. Eg: A B C 201 0 2 2 202 3 0 1 203 3 6 4 I tried combining the number/letter into a single text field using the CONCATENATE function then filtering ...

Track Changes items look different on two computers

Beginner
Hi ! I am a beginner to databeses, and particulary to MS Access 2003. (althought I passed the first lessons) I want to make a small database with possibility to grow up. (max. 100 entries for a table) I think that in my case the data must be structured like loop into loop. Like that: Year: 2000 2001 2002 2003 etc. Plant: plant_1 plant_2 plant_3 etc. Generator: gen_1 gen_2 gen_3 etc. So for every Year it must exist some Power Plants, and for every Power Plant it must exist some Generators. I already have ma...

Copying recordset multiple times using copyfromrecordset
We recently caught this issue but found out after research, that this has been occuring all year. This code worked in the past, but I am not sure if there was an Excel update that occurred which changed the behavior of the script. What we are trying to do is to have a recordset pasted twice into two seperate worksheets. It is pasting without issue in the first copyfromrecordset, but then it skips over the second paste (even when stepping through the code). I know that it is not the worksheet we are copying into because I can reverse the 'first paste/second paste' (see lab...

Changing Text Box Size and Location on a form, at run time with Access Xp
Hello All, Is it possible to change the size of the text box (or any other control) on a form at run time, by Drag and drop or resizing borders using the mouse events. (Just like the design mode but the user will use it at run time on form view). Thanks in advance... You should be able to resize in your code if necessary. Me.control.Visible = True Me.control.Height = 1000 Me.control.Width = 1000 Don't forget to set them back when you are done. "Developer" wrote: > Hello All, > Is it possible to change the size of the text box (or any other control) on > a ...

Currency Settings
I have created a report using VBA and Excel OLAP cube. Some of the metrics on the report are currency numbers and are to be reported in USD so I have formatted them accordingly using format ( e.g. "$ #,##0.00"). Some of the users in Germany who use decimal (.) as separator between numbers are not able to see the format correctly. I hope they use comma in place of decimal and decimal in place of commas as we normally do. Also other users in Europe see Pound or Euro sign instead of dollar. My report is being used in many geographies and I have to use $ which every body should be able t...

Additional fields in the Activity Table / Case Timer
I have a client who needs accurate billing from the the Activities performed towards the resolution of a case. The ideal solution would be a timer on the Activity Form. However, this is not possible in v1.2 However, in the ActivityBase table there are fields called ActualStart, ActualEnd and ActualDuration. I am planning on writing a report which uses these fields. I would like to know how the application uses these fields, as it would seem to be counterintuitive. I say counterintutitive because when I created a calculated field and subtracted the ActualStart from the Actualend I ...

FAILED TO INSTALL MSI PART OF MISCROSOFT CRM SERVER SETUP UNSPECIFIED ERROR 800
While installing Miscrosoft CRM - installation fails with a reson FAILED TO INSTALL MSI PART OF MISCROSOFT CRM SERVER SETUP UNSPECIFIED ERROR 80004005 When i checked the event log these are the errors that i found. 1) APS Service starts and stops so none of the crystal report services like cristal_eventServer can regester with it. 2) Root server reported an error initilization failure reasion unable to connect to database using provided connection string ...... CRMCRYSTAL login Failed. source = crystal_crystalAPS any idea about this error any one Install iis before installin...

Change Headers That Exchange Uses To Deliver Mail?
When someone sends a BCC mail to recipients in my domain, the TO: header field is blank and as a result, the message is getting dumped into my badmail and a copy is going to the postmaster in my domain. It turns out that our ISP has some kind of SPAM filter that parses the BCC content prior to delivery to me and places the intended recipients in a new header called: X-NETSCAN-TO: Is there a way to tell my exchange server to use the contents of that new header to determine the recipients in addition to the normal TO: header which works the rest of the time? So, have it check TO: and X...

mouse point changes to paper with bent edge when selecting workshe
Having problems with Excel 2003. It will work fine for awhile then start acting strange. This started a couple of weeks ago. If you click on a worksheet tab, the mouse pointer changes. It has a piece of paper with one edge folded down. Once this happens, we can not get it to change back. If you scroll out of the excel sheet, this paper turns into a black circle with a line through it. The only way to get out of excel is to go into task manager and end task. This brings up a message that you cannot exit excel. Eventually you do get prompted to end excel as it is not res...

Changing the border of one cell s/n change the border of adjacent
Changing the border of one cell s/n change the border of adjacent cell ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a7b8ab80-b31f-40cf-8e15-61852a054bd8&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc This is not p...

How to change decimal separators when importing text (csv) files?
I have a problem importing text files into Excel 2007. I'm currently working on a German version of Excel 2007 running on a German version of Windows XP Pro. Whenever I try to import data from a text file (csv), every number with a decimal separator is recognized as text. This clearly is because of the decimal separators. The csv files use points to separate decimals, whereas this German Windows is used to separate decimals using commas. Although the text import wizard allows me to select what type of decimal and thousands separators are to be used, the separators are always reset to th...

hierarchy in one table
I have a single table that has an employee and the manager they report to. This table consists of all employees regardless of management level. Since I have this table with the employee/manager relationship. How can I query to show me the hierarchy of a high level manager. For example a GM has four directors who each have two managers and the managers have 6 employees. Iwould like to get a query that shows that this GM has a total of 48 persons underneath him. Jim, My guess is that you are going to need to write a recursive function that you pass the EmployerID to. In that fun...

Cannot get working password change functionality in OWA
I've got Password change button and set up SSL with SelfSSL tool from IIS 6.0 resource kit, tested SSL with SSL Diagnostic tool. SSL seems working: when I assigned it to complete Exchange web site it works fine https://testsrv/exchange But when I click on Change Password buttonI am getting: The page cannot be foun The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please try the following Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar o...

2 copies OEM and have a full version I want to install, or should I?
I bought a new computer that has an OEM version of 2005 installed. I had bought one a few months ago. Should I uninstall the OEM and install the other? thanks bruce Forgot the new one came with Works Suite if that makes any difference There's no difference between the OEM and Retail versions so no need. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedbac...

Changing dates with a macro
I have a list of 7 dates, any Monday - Sunday, and I want to write a macro, that when run, will change the first date to 7 days in the future, and then have all the other dates respond to the change in the first date. I have taken an unused cell, and added 7 to the first date, but when i copy, or drag to the original cell, it either gives a #REF or the other cells wont respond. I write my macros by stepping through the processes. I don't know enough to actually write one using the visual basic language. A B C 1 8/30 Mon 2 +A1+1 =A2 ...

VB Code to copy linked table to local
I have an Access 2007 database with a linked ODBC table that changes on a daily basis. I want to automate a function where the linked table is copied and pasted as a local table. I tried the following command: DoCmd.CopyObject , stNewName, acTable, stTblName It worked, and named the new table correctly (based on an earlier command that assigns the table name with the current date as "stNewName"), but it stayed as a linked table - which means tomorrow, today's data will be lost. Is there a parameter of the CopyObject command that will make the new table local,...

Pivot Table limiting user selection
Hi, I have a pivot table with different region and different Operational Directors' performance. I would like to limit the user to their own data without seeing others' numbers. How would I do that? For example, let say, there are 3 operational directors A, B and C, if person A opens the spreadsheet, is it possible for him/her to enter a password to access his/her info only? thanks, PJS While this is possible via VB, to set something up so that certain sheets are hidden/displayed when the correct password is given, note that this is by no means secure. If ...

Automatic payment dates seem to arbitrarily change themselves
This has happened to me 3 times. I have several dozen automatic payments set up and usually they work fine. But suddenly inexplicably seemingly arbitrarily 3 times it has happened where the "next due date" increments itself by 2 months for all my automatic payments. To fix it I have to manually cancel each APAY series and adjust the next due date and set it back to autopay - quite a big nuisance. Does anybody haveany ideas why this happens or an easier way to fix it when it does happen? Thank you. "AlyssaD" <AlyssaD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Reply to Signature Font Size Changes
I have set up my signature for new messages and reply to messages to have an Arial font of size 10. New messages work fine but when I click reply to a message my signature is font size 12. I have changed the font size everywhere I can find it, but it still comes up size 12. I heard this is related to CSS, but I can't find the CSS template it uses. Any suggestions. By the way, this happened in Outlook 2003 and now in 2007. Did you find a resolution to this? I have a customer experiencing the same problem. "Tina" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:e7pA...

Excel should allow you to change custom colours more easily
Dear Microsoft... With other office products you can change the custom colours very easily, with excel you have to go into tools, then options, then change the colours... Please make it as easy as the other office products. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the ...

Pivot Table percentages
I am trying to create a pivot table to show marketshare percentages, essentially I need to show the number of transactions in a pivot table as a percentage of the subtotal and then the subtotal as a percentage of the total, is this possible? I can only manage to turn the transactions into a percentage of the total. Excel 2007 PivotTable Item as % of subtotal Subtotal as % of total http://www.mediafire.com/file/mim5m1o2zom/11_19_09.xlsx ...

Database tables from other SQL DBS not showing in smartlist builder
I am having problems with smartlist builder in that I can list the other SQL DBS but when I select one non of the tables or views show. Thanks rob Rob, You will need to make sure you grant security to the DYNGRP sql group. The same GRANT.SQL utility script will do. Best regards, MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "rob.paddock@sundaysolutions.net" wrote: > I am having problems with smartlist builder in that I can list the > other SQL DBS but when I select one non of the tables or views show. > > Th...

Changing folder views?
My boss has a TON of folders in Outlook, and we can't figure out how to change the views on all of them. He's created a custom view, but has to go to each folder and change it. Seems like Outlook would have a change all function... Thanks for any help in advance! Alan .. doesn't... I usually change the default view then it applies to all folders using the default view. "Alan" <taz_devil99@deleteyahoo.com> wrote in message news:05e401c35c53$50f60fd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > My boss has a TON of folders in Outlook, and we can't > figure out how to c...

changing color/font in mail headers vs. inbox rules
I just changed the header text font and color to ID messages from important users, and to ID all messages sent to me from an old account that I want to shut down. This all works fine _unless_ the incoming message is auto-filed into a different folder by an INBOX rule. How do I get rules applied AFTER the header font/color changes? Also, which Outlook file stores the rules for selecting mail header font and color? ILOO ...