Copy Sales Order documents does not copy user defined fields. #2

When a Sales Order document is copied the process does not copy the user
defined data if there is any on the original order/invoice. Where user
defined fields are used for specific business requirements, then it is
appropriate to have a choice to copy these user defined fields as well when a
document is copied.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=40a16416-7d2c-43a5-92e1-7d3c14bf5cc8&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

Hi Phillip,
User defined data is supposed to correspond to the document in which is was
created. If you have data that is as you say a "business requirement" then
you should consider a customization that would allow you to retain that data
in a more elegant way. It also makes reporting and data retention that much
easier.

-Mike

--
Micheal LoPatriello
Coordinator,

"Phillip Jenkins" wrote:

> When a Sales Order document is copied the process does not copy the user
> defined data if there is any on the original order/invoice. Where user
> defined fields are used for specific business requirements, then it is
> appropriate to have a choice to copy these user defined fields as well when a
> document is copied.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=40a16416-7d2c-43a5-92e1-7d3c14bf5cc8&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

Automatic Calculation #2
Why is automatic calculation keeps running even though there is no modification done in my spreadsheet? Thanks, Lucie Ch�nier What makes you think that excel is recalculating? If it's because you see Calculate in the statusbar, it could be... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=243495 XL: Calculate Message Remains in Status Bar If 65,536 Formula References "Lucie Ch�nier" wrote: > > Why is automatic calculation keeps running even though there is no > modification done in my spreadsheet? > > Thanks, > > Lucie Ch�nier -- Dave Peterso...

Quirky recent file list #2
Debra--- I do tend to open from Windows Explore more then File>Open. But I am saving the file. It's more that it is annoying when I close a file by accident and don't quite remember where it got saved on the server. Stacie -- SPenney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SPenney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1079 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267592 Well, I guess you weren't the only one who wanted this behaviour changed. <g> If/when you upgr...

Office:mac v.X #2
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I have subject version of Office. I know that there must be updates to this so I can bring this up to date but I can seem to find the ones I need to start the process. Can someone get me to the beginning? Thanks!!! You can get the Office X 10.1.9 update here: http://snipurl.com/22zx4 On 3/30/08 3:09 PM, in article ee96b4c.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "AWOLGolfer@officeformac.com" <AWOLGolfer@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: v.X > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel &g...

Volume logging to user
Is there any way to determine which users are getting all the email in an exchange organization? On Apr 28, 2:52 pm, talkinggoat <johnmclaren...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is there any way to determine which users are getting all the email in > an exchange organization? I found a way to accomplish my goal by opening the performance log file in Excel. It isn't EXACTLY what I wanted, but it will work. I was looking for something that could display graphs and separate the emails according to volume, that way I would have an easier time sorting out and blocking spammers. If anyone has ...

Exchange 2007 Evaluation version #2

Copy filtered data
Let's say I have data in A1:Gxx. Now I use Autofilter to find all rows which has a "2" in column C. Let's say it leaves rows 1:4 and 8:10. Now I want to copy the filtered data in columns F:G and paste the values (not to an empty range which is easy) but to the same cells in colums D:E. Any help? Hans Knudsen Try Advanced Filter, excellent tutorial here from Debra Dalgeish, owner of the site, http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ApplyAF Regards, Alan. "Hans Knudsen" <Hans.Knudsen@mail.tele.dk> wrote in message news:%23xtVdlR8FHA.740@TK2MSFTNG...

Voiding Sales takes too long
When we need to go in and void a Sales Transaction in the "Receivables Posted Transaction Maintenance" screen, it takes about 2 minutes to process the void. During this time, the computer basically locks up and the individual can't get anything done. Is there anything that can be done to help speed up this process? Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks, KJ KJ, Performance issues are generally due to various factors that may or may not be altogether dependent on hardware. It is very difficult to issue an opinion on this issue without really performing an assessment of y...

cmbo box on subform fills fields on form when chkbx is yes
I have a multi-tabbed form that details bid data ranging from pricing to contact info to departmental notes. Page two has a subform listing general contractors to whom we bid. One bid may have 10-15 contractors listed. When a purchase order is issued from one of these contractors I select a checkbox indicating that GC. I would like the opening page on this tabbed form to show the address and contact info for that GC when the checkbox is yes. Is this possible? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200803/1 On Mar 17, 3:04=A0p...

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

How to set tab order for a dynamically created CEdit?
Anyone knows? Use SetWindowPos(...) and change the position in the z-order. -- Vipin Aravind <mdnightman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139117672.835639.159660@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Anyone knows? > Use SetWindowPos. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <mdnightman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139117672.835639.159660@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Anyone knows? > ...

Copying conditional formating
Question: I want every cell in row 2 to have red background if its value is different than the corresponding cell in row 1. I can do this to cell A2 if in the conditional formatting field I say =A2<>A1 but when I copy the formatting (using the brush), the condition continues to be A2<>A1 and not B2<>B1 for cell B and so forth. How do I copy the conditional formatting adjusting the references like the copy cells command do? Thanks. 1) Select all relevant cells in row 2. 2) Choose "Conditional Formating" > by Formula > type: =A2<>A1 > dec...

Chart
From: <c@c.c> Subject: Chart - Title Widths Date: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 12:43 PM Chart - Title Widths Does anyone know how to find the width of a title/axis title? ...

Upgrading from Exchange 2000 Standard to Enterprise Cal ? #2
Hello Everyone, I know the upgrade process from exchange 2000 standard to enterprise seems pretty straight forward. However, I have a cal question. Are my standard cals still good with this upgrade. Say I have right now standard 2000 with 30 cals. If I upgrade to Exchange 2000 Enterprise with 25 cals to pass the 16mb limitation. Would I then only have the 25 cals or 55 total cals? Thanks ...

copying data
Getting errors when copying data from workbook to workbook. Shutdown and restart allows without errors. ...

Globally change part of a field
I have a text field that holds the file location of a picture. The content looks like this: H:\Access Data\Personnel Pictures\picturefile.bmp The "picturefile.bmp" is different for every record. Everything preceding it is identical in all records. I've moved the folder with all the pictures to a new location and need to update this field to the following: S:\Everyone\Member Database\Personnel Pictures\picturefile.bmp So basically, I need to swap out "H:\Access Data" for "S:\Everyone\Member Database" in every record. How so? Thanks in advance. Jer...

Mailbox Cleanup Agent #2
Hi. We need to delete a few mailboxes on our Exchange 2003 Server. We've deleted the AD acounts but when we go into system nanager and try to choose purge, it's greyed out. Our retention period for deleted mailboxes is 30 days. Can we run the cleanup agent now on the live system to speed up the deletion of the mailboxes? Or is it not recommended? Thanks Matt On 3 May 2006 06:37:15 -0700, "Jim C" <matt_hather@o2.co.uk> wrote: >Hi. > >We need to delete a few mailboxes on our Exchange 2003 Server. > >We've deleted the AD acounts but when we g...

Multipage newsletter in the body of an email
I knew that Don had a website where I could find his organization's newsletter. I just sent him the results of that process I posted about the other day. I'm anxiously awaiting his comments. (Just because I can send it to myself and it looks fine doesn't mean it will to others.) :-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ...

Question Regarding Excel 2007 Formatting Corruption #2

Re: Counting Occurrences with 2 columns
Suppose your data is in Sheet1 in A2:C6 > Red 4 Read > Blue 5 Not Read > Green 6 Read > Yellow 2 Read > Red 3 Not Read Try this set-up in a new sheet, say Sheet2 ------------- List down in A2:A5 the names: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow Put across in B2:C2 the phrases: Read, Not Read Put in B2: =SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$A$2:$A$6=$A2)*(Sheet1!$C$2:$C$6=B$1)*(Sheet1!$B$2:$B$6) ) Copy B2 across to C2, then copy down to C5 [Note that the ranges used in SUMPRODUCT have to be similar and you can't use entire columns e.g.: A:A, B:B, C:C]...

How to obtain the name of ODBC definition used in a spreadsheet? #2
How do I get the name of the ODBC def used in my spreadsheet? How do I migrate my spreadsheet (with the ODBC connection) to a different computer and change the name of the ODBC def to a new name, available on the new computer? best regards evds@tekton-it.be ...

IStorage/IStream #2
Hello, I am working on an application that has more than a dozen of data files. When the application closes, it uses IStorage/IStream to move them into one file (IStorage), from the user's point of view. When the application is started next time, these data files are extracted from the one file. By extraction, I mean to programmatically read from IStreams and then write to new, separate data files. The reading and writing are done chunks by chunks. The whole process works fast only if all the data files are small. The main issue to me is not disk memory space, but the speed. ...

filling a field in a continuous form with a field from a table
I have a form with the fields: date, client, atty, time, billable and description. All these fields update the Time Sheet Table. I want the atty field to automatically take the attorney's name from the table Attorney which contains one field called Atty. So for I can only figure out how to use a combo box to chose the Attorney table field. You could set the default value of the control using DLookup(). =DLookup("Atty","tblAttorney") This could be a locked combo box that displays whatever value you want or can derive from tblAttorney. -- Duane H...

Some lines of text in Excel field do not wrap text. Please help.
Within a field with the wrap text checked, some of the lines of text do not wrap properly in the column. How can I correct this? Please help. Thank you. ...

Silly question
on our exchange backend, the applied policy has a time limit set for deleted items to retain them for 2 days. What i need to know is what exactly 2 days mean, is it the time from the actual moment the item is deleted, or will it mean that the moment 2 days pass on the calender the items will be removed? the policy is based on the modification time, which is when the item is put into the deleted items folder. "chrisste24" <chrisste24@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F72DCD4-CB76-4BFD-B0AD-32005D165C23@microsoft.com... > on our exchange backend, the ap...