Contracts and Kits - how to get them to play nice together

We have some items that were set up as kits. One component if the kit is a
serialized part that is contractible. We use the Field Services Contract
Administration module for contracts.

Now these kits are being sold and when the contract created from the SOP
transaction, the Kit item comes across to the contract instead of the
components that make up the kit. Unfortunately the person that set up the
kits didn't test the process first to make sure that it would work when the
kit was used to set up a contract.

So is there something in GP that I need change to pull the kit components
over into a contract?

Thanks,
DavidF.

0
DavidF (157)

Has anyone else run across this problem?

In GP only Sales Inventory Items can have serial numbers. We have a product
we'll call Widget Package that includes a Whatsit, installation services,
interface to the Whatsit and 1 year maintenance. We have set up Widget
Package as a kit with the components. The only sales inventory component of
the kit is a Whatsit which is serialized.  Since the Widget Package are set
up as kits they can’t have a serial.

So when a Widget Package is sold and the contract is created from the
invoice, the Widget Package part number comes over to the contract – with no
serial number.

So here are two possible solutions – see which one you like best. For the
purpose of this discussion – changing the GP code to handle this is not an
option due to the cost and complexity involved.

SOLUTION A.
	1. An order/invoice is placed with a 8200- Widget Package.
	2. In order allocation/fulfillment, the component item 8280-Whatsit gets
the serial number added.
	3. Contract is created from the invoice using Extras>Additional>Sales
Contracts. Contract is set up as Contract type “MT-P” using Price Book
“Contract1” and Paid Outside Contract is checked.
	4. On the Contract, item # 8200-Widget Package is what shows on the
contract. With no serial number.
Here’s where things get interesting:
	5. Add a new line for 8200-Widget Package, enter the Whatsit’s serial
number in the Equipment field. Do not zero out the dollar amount.
	6. After adding the new line, cancel the first line for 8200 Widget Package
as of the starting date of the contract.
	7. This will put the contract on the billing screen for the new line, and
also generate a return for the cancelled line. These two transactions should
cancel each other out by posting the invoice then applying the return to the
invoice.
	8. The customer will have 3 transactions on their account
		a. The original invoice
		b. The credit return created by cancelling the line item
		c. The contract billing invoice created by adding the new item.
	9. Training Issues:
		a. The real serial number is still on the the component item instead of
the Widget Package.
		b. If original line is canceled before the replacement line is added, the
whole contract is canceled.
		c. The line cancelled must have the starting date of the contract.
		d. It will be imperative to catch the invoice & return and use them to
offset each other.

SOLUTION B.
	1. An order/invoice is placed with a 8200- Widget Package.
	2. A new part 8200CONTRACT is added to the invoice. This is a companion
part to 8200.
		a. 8200 has been changed to not contractible.
		b. 8200CONTRACT is serialized,  is contractible, set up in the inventory
pricebook at 0.00, set up in the contract pricebook at $1319.00
	3. In order allocation/fulfillment, 8200CONTRACT gets the serial number
added. The component item 8280-Whatsit gets “.” for it’s serial number.
	4. Contract is created from the invoice using Extras>Additional>Sales
Contracts. Contract is set up as Contract type “MT-P” using Price Book
“Contract1” and Paid Outside Contract is checked.
	5. On the Contract, item 8200CONTRACT is what shows on the contract – with
a serial number.
	6. Nothing else needs to be done.
	7. Training Issues:
		a. When the kit 8200 is sold, the 8200CONTRACT item must be added to
order/invoice.
		b. Will need to train order fulfillment to put serial on the 8200CONTRACT,
not the component 8280-Whatsit.

To me, Solution B is the best choice. Less chance for things to break down.
But I'm hoping that someone has a better solution that I'm not seeing yet.
Thanks,
DavidF

"davidf." wrote:

> We have some items that were set up as kits. One component if the kit is a
> serialized part that is contractible. We use the Field Services Contract
> Administration module for contracts.
>
> Now these kits are being sold and when the contract created from the SOP
> transaction, the Kit item comes across to the contract instead of the
> components that make up the kit. Unfortunately the person that set up the
> kits didn't test the process first to make sure that it would work when the
> kit was used to set up a contract.
>
> So is there something in GP that I need change to pull the kit components
> over into a contract?
>
> Thanks,
> DavidF.

0
DavidF (157)

Quick Links in Customize HomePage can't get Fixed Asset reports
When you click on Customize This Page. Quick Links, Add, Microsoft Dynamics GP window, Reports, Fixed Assets, there is nothing to add. There doesn't seem to be a way to get the FA reports on the home page. We can use the shortcut bar, however. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Ag...

Get remnants of 1st installment off machine
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I installed Mac for Office on a 2nd machine that was networked to the first. It wouldn't let the 2nd machine run it while the 1st machine was running. I un-installed it and install a new version of Office Mac for home, but it still gives me the license violation message when I enter the Offic Mac for home version that was just installed. Somewhere it sees the info from the original installation even though the program is removed. How do I clean it up? Thanks. <lgv@officeformac.com> wrote: > Somewhere it ...

Contract numbering flexibility needed by contract type
We are taking on new customers and buying divisions that support data center environments. Our numbering schemes do not match and we are finding the inflexiblity of GP Contracts to be difficult in many ways. This a glaring weakness in the module and I would suggest not only making Contract Entry/Next Contract Number a larger alpha numeric field, but that you also allow Contract Types to have a unique numbering default that could be overwritten and tied to the contract type. I would settle for something similar to SOP in the short term, but really looking for anything to help with nu...

How do I get a macro to be non worksheet specific?
I can't figure out how to make a macro non worksheet specific like they were in previous versions of Excel. I want to have a macro that will sort the same range of cells of whatever sheet that I am in, rather than having the same macro for each sheet with a different name. In EXCEL 2007:- When you record your Macro for the first time you will get the Macro panel up (where you name it). In here there is a section called:- Store macro in: It is here that you can select one of the options to make the macro available outside of that Workbook only. Please hit yes ...

OnReceive is not getting called?? #3
Scott McPhillips [MVP] wrote: > OnReceive is a message handler, so it will only be called if your app > is > processing windows messages. If you have anything like a Sleep wait > or > infinite loop executing then no messages are processed and OnReceive > will not be called. I.e., it is not a callback, it is a message > handler. > > Is all of your socket code in the main thread? There are other > complications if you are using multiple threads. > > -- > Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] [/B] Dear Scott, thank you for your time. this is actually an examp...

How do I get excell to highlight entire row when I am in any cell
I am trying to find a way to highlight the entire row no matther which cell I am in. renah7, have a look at Chip's addin here, http://www.cpearson.com/excel/rowliner.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "renah7" <renah7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD8254BA-B3C1-418A-8B53-05C1408D1C8C@microsoft.com... >I am trying to find a way to highlight the entire row no matther which cel...

Get Xml from web .
This is a link to an address where I would like to access xml. http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi?cmd=user_xml&email=XXXX The XXXX is the email address of a user. All I want to do is access the xml and view it in a datagrid. I have read several tuturials and articles and have not been able to find something that would explain how to do this. Does anyone know of a sample code or something close I could use as a reference. I am using visualstudio.net. and visual basic. THX Take a look at using the following classes on your app: HttpWebRequest HttpWebResponse DataSe...

Get ID control value from string
I need to get the ID value for a lot of controls in orde to modify caption for each one. those controls are not in continius order, so I can use ID number from resourde and add x value. so, how can I get resourde number from an ID in string form. CString str1 = "ID_STATIC_V1" /* = 1095 */ int value = ????? should be 1095 but how to get this value from ID_STATIC_V1 ... V10 /* 1095, 1098, 1112, 1115.... */ thanks in advance for your help. Eduardo "Eduardo" <a@a.com> wrote in message news:00c501c37a22$867ea7b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I need to get the ID val...

How to hide contract information for some users
Hello, I want to know a way to hide Contract information to some user. Fo example, I want that these users will be able to see the contracts list to associate items to it (or select contracts when adding a case), but not be able to display the entire contract information (prices, costs, and all the information shown in the contract main window). Thanks, Alejandro ...

how do I move from page to page or get the little page icons at t.
I am trying to do a four page booklet and cannot go from page to page. What do I need to do? While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a message from Joan <Joan@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I am trying to do a four page booklet and cannot go from page to > page. What do I need to do? Do you have four pages present? If you used a template, you should have them there automatically. Otherwise, you'll need to use Insert > Page. Do you have the page icons at the bottom of the screen? If not, try View > Status bar, or maximiz...

Contracts and Contract Lines not funcional
I have seen one thing that seems a bug: I copy a contract of CONTOSO Company. I change in new contract, so that it refers to "ACME", instead to CONTOSO: service customer as well as billing customer. When I go to contract lines, they still have CONTOSO. Does it have any sense? Why Contract lines have also customer data. I thing this should be normalized, and only hold this information in contract header. -- Pablo Igualada Evotec Consulting SL www.evotec.es/crm Which version are you on. I'm on 4.0 and I can see the contract lines also change to the new customer. SS &q...

Getting two messages of each mail
Hi Outlook 2007, using a remote POP server. Since a few days, I have started getting two copies of each email. What could be the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards John <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: > Outlook 2007, using a remote POP server. Since a few days, I have > started getting two copies of each email. What could be the problem > and how can I fix it? How many accounts do you have defined? Do you leave copies of messages on the server? -- Brian Tillman ...

Fast scrolling
My Scroll PRO http://unhsolutions.net/MSPRO/ My Scroll PRO allows you to scroll any window horizontally holding down the right mouse button (or a keyboard key) and rotating the mouse wheel. It can also speed up or slow down vertical or horizontal scrolling. You will be able to have up to 10 different scrolling configurations for each application (e.g. slow or fast scrolling). My Scroll PRO works in every application (including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint). PRO version has automatic application switching feature that makes the program much more easier to use. ...

Structure question to get a report output
tblRouter:routerName tblUtilizationHistory:routerName, weekending date, utilization% The match key is the routerName What I want to do is create a flatfile output of the fields: routerName & columns of the last 6 weeks utilization percentages for each router.They want this report output to Excel like this. RouterName, 8/25, 9/1, 9/7 Router ubrA... 50%, 80%, 81% Router ubrB... 70%, 75%, 76% Etc. If I relate them with a right outer join then I get this right? Routername, Date, utilization % UbrA 8/25, 50% UbrA 9/1, 80% UbrA 9/7, 81% UbrB 8/25, ...

Getting properties from an Outlook MSG file
I am trying to read the property values of an Outlook MSG file without using MAPI or Outlook. I have used the StructuredStorage interface (PlatformSDK) to iterate thru all the properties and values but a few of the properties I am interested in seem to be missing. Message Importance - PR_IMPORTANCE Message Sensitivity - PR_SENSITIVITY Message Delivery Time - PR_MESSAGE_DELIVERY_TIME I experience the same problem when viewing the file through one of the freely available compound file viewers, so I don't think its my code that is the problem. Does any one know why these prop...

Contract Relationships
Hi, I am trying to create various many-to-many relationships to the Contract entity. One example is linking Contracts and Contacts via an intermediate custom entity called Contract Contact. A Contract can have many Contract Contacts and a Contact can have many Contract Contacts, so this should achieve the many-to-many relationship required. However, when I create my new Contract Contact entity and create a relationship to both Contract and Contact entities I encounter some problems: Firstly, I cannot create a new Contract Contact from a Contract, I don't get the new button, but I can fr...

Purchasing Contracts
Good morning, We are interested in acquiring a Purchase Order Contract module that would integrate to Dynamics GP purchasing. I have looked at the various customer sources and blogs but I am unable to locate what we are looking for, does anyone know of a module that would manage POP Contract? Thanks in advance for your help. Claude Good afternoon. I passed your question by my Senior Director of Solutions. He interest was piqued and asked me to contact you. How might we be able to communicate directly and possibly set up a call? Thank you. Submitted via EggHeadCafe...

How can I get the view's size ?
Hi,all. I need to get the view's maximized size when the view was not in the maximized state.SDI interface was used by my application, there is a standard toolbar and a standard statusbar also. How can I get the exact view's size? Thanks for any help! ...

How can I get Excel (Office2002) to default to "Western European" when importing a Text file? (that Excel has just saved!)
Hi How to I change the default setting when importing a .txt file? I spend a lot of time converting Excel (Office 2002) files into HTML. The quickest way to clear off all the Microsoft formatting crud seems to be to save as a tab delimited .TXT file. This works well but it is extremely irritating that having saved as "tab delimited text" from Excel, that the same piece of software cant recognise its own file when you reopen it! It seems to default to Delimited and file origin "932: Japanese (Shift-JIS)" whereas what I want is file origin of: "1252 : Western Europea...

Sales contracts
Hello, My company provides software development services. I want to add some kind of contract renewal functionality to my corporate CRM System. It should automatically create new opportunity and a quote item when current is expiring. Could you please give advice how to manage automatic creation logic. Should I use workflow or there is some other mechanism? Thanks You can do this with workflow, but only the OnCreate workflow. You can set a timer to expire a certain amount of time before the contract expires and have the opportunity record and/or any activities created automatically. ...

Get The Independent Investor ebook FREE #2
Dear Friends While searching the net I came across an excellent ebook called The Independent Investor This 75-page eBook will stand conventional investment notions on their collective head, and explain market behaviors that have always been considered "inexplicable" using hard facts and generous price charts. The eBook is an instant and free download Get it now from this link. http://www.elliottwave.com/a.asp?url=/wave/independentebook/?code=aff&cn=6ss Best Regards Deepak Sahijwala ...

Cannot play midi file in ver 11.05721.6268 on XP
Midi files play ok in my Vista computer using version 11.0.6002 but will not play in my windows XP Home Edition computer using version 11.05721. The XP Media Player seems to play other audio files like Mp3 satisfactorily. Thanks for any suggestions about how to correct this problem on the XP. ...

MDI
I know I can find the active MDI child window via CMDIFrameWnd::MDIGetActive() but I would like to get a notifcation when the active MDI child changes. Is there something like a OnMDIActiveChildChange() callback? Thanks, Wesley Take a look at OnMDIActivate(). -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Wesley T Perkins" <wesley@svgcomposer.com> wrote in message news:u1Cf2aLUDHA.2648@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I know I can find the active MDI child window via > > CMDIFrameWnd::MDIGetActive() > > but I would like to get a notifcation when...

How to get the dll module name?
My dll project will generate a Data.dll. In my dll project, how to get the module name, namely, the "Data.dll"? I try to use "GetModuleHandle", but it give me the exe module name, not the dll module name. char Buffer[255]; GetModuleFileName((HMODULE)AfxGetInstanceHandle(),Buffer,255); AliR. "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1144681490.715787.66900@t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > My dll project will generate a Data.dll. In my dll project, how to get > the module name, namely, the "Data.dll"? > > I try to use &qu...

how to get rid of Comment [A1] in my documents?
In a 300+ document I occasionally get a long "balloon" type thing with "Comment [A1]" (or other number) in it and I cannot get rid of it, nor do I know what it means. HOW do I get rid of it? I use Word 2003. On the reviewing toolbar (View > Toolbars > Reviewing) Show > Balloons > Check 'never'. Or right click the comment balloon and select 'delete comment'. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gm...