Contract duplicates in current & historical tables

We seem to be having a problem, we have to 2 tables in , 1st table
contains all current contracts, 2nd table contains all historical
contracts.  We are creating a reporting tool that queries first the
current table, then the historical table in order to see all the
revenue but our report generates duplicate contracts (duplicate
revenue).  We discovered that the same contract was in both tables, my
question is has anyone experienced such a problem before and how do we
fix this?

0
GreatPlainsGirl

If you are good at SQL, you could create a view of the two tables Joined with
distinct records to eliminate the duplicates.  Otherwise, just create the
joined view and use Crystal Reports to pull dinstinct records.

Richard L. Whaley
Senior Business Consultant
321-277-1341

btw.....there is some good information that might be helpful to you in some
books on Dynamics GP/Great Plains available at
http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"GreatPlainsGirl" wrote:

> We seem to be having a problem, we have to 2 tables in , 1st table
> contains all current contracts, 2nd table contains all historical
> contracts.  We are creating a reporting tool that queries first the
> current table, then the historical table in order to see all the
> revenue but our report generates duplicate contracts (duplicate
> revenue).  We discovered that the same contract was in both tables, my
> question is has anyone experienced such a problem before and how do we
> fix this?

Microsoft Office has not been installed for the current user.
I got this error message today when I tried to run both word and outlook. It has been working fine on my computer for two years. I am running office 2k7 and windows xp ...

Static library and duplicate definitions (mfc71.lib)
Hi all, I am working on a static library which uses MFC dialogs in Visual Studio 7. My client application also uses MFC dialogs. When I include the library .lib file in the client project, I get a bunch of errors similar to the following: LNK2005: "public: __thiscall CDialog::CDialog(void)" (??0CDialog@@QAE@XZ) already defined in mfc71.lib(MFC71.DLL) Normally I can resolve this kind of error by specifying a different include order, i.e. by adding mfc71.lib to the "ignore specific library" section in the linker input project settings and then listing mfc71.lib _afte...

Duplicate detection rule per user
Hi, I have 2 user who wants to run different duplicate detection rule on the same entity. Is there a way to set the security so they can use their own duplicate rule and not run also the rule from the other user. They need to have read acces on all record from that entity. Thanks in advance. No, there isn't a way to set the scope of a duplicate detection rule the way you can with a workflow rule. Would be a good suggestion for the product team, though. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Val" wrote: > Hi, > > I have 2 user who wants to ...

duplicate records
Hi, using sql2005. I want to select unique records from a table. Unfortunitely the field that is used to sort the output cannot be in the select distinct statement. Any ideas? Many thanks, Jonathan > Hi, using sql2005. I want to select unique records from a table. > Unfortunitely the field that is used to sort the output cannot be in the > select distinct statement. Any ideas? If I understand correctly, you have a scenario like: CREATE TABLE dbo.FooBar( Foo int NOT NULL, Bar int NOT NULL ); INSERT INTO dbo.FooBar VALUES (1,1), (1,3), ...

Data From Multiple Table
hi i have 3 tables with 1 Form, now this form takes data for 2 table from user and from same this form if sumbody clicks on list box it opens 2 forms which takes data for 2 table. now the problems is when user click this list box..it also stores the list items in second table n all other field on this form is from 1st table .This list box has 4 items in listbox but 2 table doesnt store repeat data of this listbox . may be this consfusing but pls help me out?? this listbox item should be save in second table as user clicks on this form. Regards Husain ...

Sorting in Pivot table
I have a data set I am putting into a pivot table to show the data over time but do no not want the data added up. I have the product as a page by, the classification in row, mont in column, and # and % in data. The problem is it is adding the West New Customers and West Continuing Customers together. The data is already calculated so I just need the pivot to view the months across columns and the ability to choose a product to view. Is this possible without changing the data itself? example: Product CLASSIFICATION MONTH # % Cable TV Current Customers 1/1/2010 400 100.00% C...

Keyword search across multiple tables
Hi everybody, I am an Access newbie. I THINK this can be done. I would like to have a search box on a form where a user can enter text and click a "Search" button. Clicking the search button will a) run a multiple table query (on a single field in each table) and b) display the results of this query in a report for the user to view. I basically need to conduct a multi-table query with the criteria equal to the text that the user enters in the text box, and display the results in a report. Is this do-able? Or am I delusional? Thanks, Monsters! TJ -- Messag...

Contract numbering flexibility needed by contract type
We are taking on new customers and buying divisions that support data center environments. Our numbering schemes do not match and we are finding the inflexiblity of GP Contracts to be difficult in many ways. This a glaring weakness in the module and I would suggest not only making Contract Entry/Next Contract Number a larger alpha numeric field, but that you also allow Contract Types to have a unique numbering default that could be overwritten and tied to the contract type. I would settle for something similar to SOP in the short term, but really looking for anything to help with nu...

Grand average in Pivot Table
Hi, Does anyone know how to get the Grand average in a pivot table in excel just as the PT calculates the Grand Total? Thank you. RichardO. Please refrain from multipost, see answer in functions NG. If you need to use multiple NGs crosspost instead, that way answers are visible for all and won't waste resources -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "RichardO" <arodunta@engmail.uwaterloo.ca> wrote in message news:53495a6f.0402161755.50af202e@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > Does anyone know how to get the Grand average in a pivot table in > excel just as the PT calcula...

Importing Leads and Preventing Duplicates
Grettings! I have a CSV file containing over 2000 leads that I would like to import into CRM 3.0. We currently have almost 5000 leads in CRM 3.0 already. Yes, we like to keep our sales team busy ;) I'd like to import the leads from the CSV file, however I want to avoid any duplication. A duplicate would be two (or more) leads with the same name and company. Also, I'd like to avoid the situations for a company where the CSV may contain lead named "Bob Smith" from "ACME Ltd.". CRM 3.0 may already have a lead named "Bob Smith" from "ACME Limi...

"not been installed for current user" when opening publication
Cannot open publisher file that I created! Get this message: "Microsoft Publisher has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application." Whats up with that? My daughter also uses this computer. Did she lock me out of my own publication? You receive an error message when you install an Office program or open an Office program or document http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838687/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Grege" <Grege@discussions.microsoft.com>...

How to supress duplicates?
eg if i have col1 col2 col3 col4 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 6 1 2 3 5 7 8 9 10 i want 1 2 3 4 6 5 7 8 9 10 how do i do this??? mike Use a pivot table under the Data menu would get close. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "mike_mike" <mikemike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8783A9C6-6F51-4FD1-833B-47DE65C29F13@microsoft.com... > eg if i have > > col1 col2 col3 col4 > 1 2 3 4 > 1 2 3 6 > 1 2 3 5 > 7 8 9 ...

How to hide contract information for some users
Hello, I want to know a way to hide Contract information to some user. Fo example, I want that these users will be able to see the contracts list to associate items to it (or select contracts when adding a case), but not be able to display the entire contract information (prices, costs, and all the information shown in the contract main window). Thanks, Alejandro ...

Contracts and Contract Lines not funcional
I have seen one thing that seems a bug: I copy a contract of CONTOSO Company. I change in new contract, so that it refers to "ACME", instead to CONTOSO: service customer as well as billing customer. When I go to contract lines, they still have CONTOSO. Does it have any sense? Why Contract lines have also customer data. I thing this should be normalized, and only hold this information in contract header. -- Pablo Igualada Evotec Consulting SL www.evotec.es/crm Which version are you on. I'm on 4.0 and I can see the contract lines also change to the new customer. SS &q...

Counting Table (By Date)
Is there a way to make an table/query in Access that counts by date? For example, if I have multiple projects with different start dates, I'd like to have a running count of the months for the project... e.g. Start Date 02/28/2010 03/1/2010 05/31/2010 Project A B C Date 1/2010 0 0 0 2/2010 1 0 0 3/2010 2 1 0 4/2010 3 2 0 ...

Great Plains table names
There used to be a list of the Dynamic tables names in an easy to read format on Customersource. Does anyone have this list or know where to download? The report that prints out of Dynamics in resources if very hard to read. This list was a single row for each table name with a description thanks -- Doug I would like to find this as well. Leslie "Doug" wrote: > There used to be a list of the Dynamic tables names in an easy to read format > on Customersource. Does anyone have this list or know where to download? > > The report that prints out of Dynamics in ...

Pivot Table formatting #2
I have a pivot table where I can left click on the fields such as Customer or Sum of Quantity and it highlights all of the cells in that fields row or column in a reverse video and then I can format that data and everything is great. I am working with someone over the phone that when they click on the field, it does not highlight the associated data cells and therefore they can not format the data and save those formats for when they change the pivot table. Any ideas why this might be? We are both using Excel 97. Thanks, Steve To turn on the Enable Selection feature: From the Pivot to...

insert data into table
Hi There, I'm using following code to insert data into my DB but it doesn't work: try { int tmp = 0; tmp = this.routeTableAdapter1.InsertRoute(Int32.Parse(this.DestNum.Text), this.Destination.Text, Int32.Parse(this.LineNum.Text)); MessageBox.Show("inserted " + tmp.ToString() + " elements into the route table."); MessageBox.Show("Update() returns: " + routeTableAdapter1.Update(myPID_DB_DataSet).ToString()); myPID_DB_DataSet.AcceptChanges();...

Duplication of e-mail
I will keep looking thru this group. But this is happening top me on my laptop and home computer and work computer. I have Outlook 2003 ot work and on my laptop. Outlook 2000 at home. It is driving me nuts. I have just changes host for the business and made sure I did not have forwarders. but it continues. Tim Griffin A few additional notes to the duplication problem. I download email to all three computers. I have my settings det to save on the server for 10 days and delete when placed in, and deleted from "deletion file". I have checked the "rules" to make sure...

Salvage Result
Does anybody know how to fix a money file ? I mean, if the salvage tool doesn't work ? Do you have any problems besides this message? Many people do not have problems but get this message. Given this, some of us just consider that a spurious message and get on with life. "Persio Aran" <Persio Aran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB7AA917-9119-4A30-B723-E5C5DB5FB4CF@microsoft.com... > Does anybody know how to fix a money file ? I mean, if the salvage tool > doesn't work ? ...

generate XSD of a table in sql server
hi group plz tell how to generate XSD of a table in sql server. thanks -- Rajesh Tiwari S/W Engineer Digital Offshore Solutions(www.dospl.com) Gurgaon,HR Use a SqlDataAdapter to get to the table and then call FillSchema() to fill a DataSet with the metadata. Then call WriteXmlSchema() or GetXmlSchema() to access the data as a schema document. See FillSchema() in the SDK for more details. Also note that if you have VS.NET (not sure if all versions have this functionality) you can use the Server Explorer to drag a table onto the design surface. An XSD schema will automatically be generat...

Pivot table question #20
Hello everybody, I'm trying to generate a report about our agent performance on our Servicedesk. I have all the data but now I want to make a report out of this with pivot tables. I have the following fields: Agent name, Date, Logged in, Available, Unavailable, Answered calls, Avg talk time, Tickets logged, % Registration, Tickets closed, 1st Contact, % FCR Closed, % FCR Open I have dropped all the fields in the Row Area because this shows me the Logged in, Available etc. like this: Agent Name Date Logged in Available etc. John Doe 19-12-2005 8:30:00 7:31:15 J...

Registration is disabled for your current product key type
I am having any problems to register the CRM installation, when I lauch the CRM Registration Wizard I receive the next error: "Registration is disabled for your current product key type" We have installed the product with the evaluation product key and then have upgrade to the final product key. Mike answered: I am guessing that this is an MSDN install. The MSDN license cannot be upgraded as it was never intended for production environments rather it is only for test environments. You will need to uninstall CRM and reinstall to existing databases. Please do not be alarmed...

Primary Keys for tables
I'm in the process of building a database - I have a clients table, the clients have many locations in a separate table - how do I define the primary keys for both tables. You would probably use a surrogate key -- such as ClientID (AutoNumber) -- for the Clients table. For the Addresses table, you could also use a surrogate key -- AddressID (AutoNumber) -- and a Foreign Key -- ClientID (Long Integer) that references the ClientID in the Clients table. -- Lynn Trapp "H.Roberts" wrote: > I'm in the process of building a database - I have a clients ta...

Money 2005
I attempted the workaround for the problem with duplicate accounts that consists of Enabling Synchronization using the Deluxe Portfolio Manager on MoneyCentral and reading in the *.mny file. Unfortunately, although this did initiate a Sync with Money 2005 and it updated my portfolio information it also created the duplicate MSN Billpay account. I still have two checking accounts, one that was always pre-existing, and a new one that BillPay created. Unfortunately, I am unable to merge the two accounts (No accounts to merge when attempting to use the option). I am using the latest patched ve...