Configuring Security Roles in GP10

I am working on configuring the security roles for our users in GP10.  It
looks reasonably straightforward until you run into something that doesn't
work.  Then figuring out what checkbox is missing can be a bear.  In the
current case I need to enable the user to perform bank reconciliation.  I
have checked:
"ADMIN_FIN_004* Set up Bank Reconciliation" and "TRX_FIN_008* Reconcile bank
statements" those being the only items I find referencing reconciliation.
Naturally she has many other However, the user still gets the message that
she is not authorized to perform bank reconciliation.  If anyone knows about
the missing permission it would be very helpful.   Even more helpful would be
guidance on determining things like this in the future.

Thanks,
Frank
0
fakaul (13)

Frank,

You will need to grant access to the TRX_FIN_008* security task.
--
Best regards,
--

"fakaul" wrote:

> I am working on configuring the security roles for our users in GP10.  It
> looks reasonably straightforward until you run into something that doesn't
> work.  Then figuring out what checkbox is missing can be a bear.  In the
> current case I need to enable the user to perform bank reconciliation.  I
> have checked:
> "ADMIN_FIN_004* Set up Bank Reconciliation" and "TRX_FIN_008* Reconcile bank
> statements" those being the only items I find referencing reconciliation.
> Naturally she has many other However, the user still gets the message that
> she is not authorized to perform bank reconciliation.  If anyone knows about
> the missing permission it would be very helpful.   Even more helpful would be
> guidance on determining things like this in the future.
>
> Thanks,
> Frank
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
1/8/2009 10:09:19 PM
Thanks but, per the original post, this task is checked but she still gets
the message.

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Frank,
>
> You will need to grant access to the TRX_FIN_008* security task.
> --
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "fakaul" wrote:
>
> > I am working on configuring the security roles for our users in GP10.  It
> > looks reasonably straightforward until you run into something that doesn't
> > work.  Then figuring out what checkbox is missing can be a bear.  In the
> > current case I need to enable the user to perform bank reconciliation.  I
> > have checked:
> > "ADMIN_FIN_004* Set up Bank Reconciliation" and "TRX_FIN_008* Reconcile bank
> > statements" those being the only items I find referencing reconciliation.
> > Naturally she has many other However, the user still gets the message that
> > she is not authorized to perform bank reconciliation.  If anyone knows about
> > the missing permission it would be very helpful.   Even more helpful would be
> > guidance on determining things like this in the future.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Frank
0
fakaul (13)
1/8/2009 10:29:02 PM
If you go under the Security Tasks window and select TRX_FIN_008*, make sure
that the window Reconcile Bank Statements is selected in the Access List.

Best regards,
--

"fakaul" wrote:

> Thanks but, per the original post, this task is checked but she still gets
> the message.
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Frank,
> >
> > You will need to grant access to the TRX_FIN_008* security task.
> > --
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> >

> > "fakaul" wrote:
> >
> > > I am working on configuring the security roles for our users in GP10.  It
> > > looks reasonably straightforward until you run into something that doesn't
> > > work.  Then figuring out what checkbox is missing can be a bear.  In the
> > > current case I need to enable the user to perform bank reconciliation.  I
> > > have checked:
> > > "ADMIN_FIN_004* Set up Bank Reconciliation" and "TRX_FIN_008* Reconcile bank
> > > statements" those being the only items I find referencing reconciliation.
> > > Naturally she has many other However, the user still gets the message that
> > > she is not authorized to perform bank reconciliation.  If anyone knows about
> > > the missing permission it would be very helpful.   Even more helpful would be
> > > guidance on determining things like this in the future.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Frank
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
1/8/2009 11:40:37 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_43E3EC90

Hi Frank

Please have a look at this blog post on resolving security issues:

http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/11/19/how-to-resolve-security-privileges-errors.aspx

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.

------=_NextPart_0001_43E3EC90

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang3081{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Frank
\par
\par Please have a look at this blog post on resolving security issues:
\par
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/11/19/how-to-resolve-security-privileges-errors.aspx
\par
\par David Musgrave [MSFT]
\par Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
\par Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
\par
\par Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
\par
\par mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
\par
\par Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_43E3EC90--

0
dmusgrav7144 (312)
1/9/2009 6:59:29 AM
Frank,

If it helps, I now troubleshoot any security issues with Support Debugging
Tool. For information about the tool check the following resources:

My Blog:
http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/search/label/Support%20Debugging%20Tool

David's Blog:
http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/tags/Support+Debugging+Tool/default.aspx

Best regards,
--

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Frank
>
> Please have a look at this blog post on resolving security issues:
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/11/19/how-to-resolve-security-privileges-errors.aspx
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
> Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
>
> mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
> http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
MarianoGomez (3440)
1/9/2009 2:53:03 PM
Yes.  I think I will need to employ this tool, which looks quite useful.  I
need to work with my partner on this since I only have customersource access
and it is on partnersource.

"fakaul" wrote:

> I am working on configuring the security roles for our users in GP10.  It
> looks reasonably straightforward until you run into something that doesn't
> work.  Then figuring out what checkbox is missing can be a bear.  In the
> current case I need to enable the user to perform bank reconciliation.  I
> have checked:
> "ADMIN_FIN_004* Set up Bank Reconciliation" and "TRX_FIN_008* Reconcile bank
> statements" those being the only items I find referencing reconciliation.
> Naturally she has many other However, the user still gets the message that
> she is not authorized to perform bank reconciliation.  If anyone knows about
> the missing permission it would be very helpful.   Even more helpful would be
> guidance on determining things like this in the future.
>
> Thanks,
> Frank
0
fakaul (13)
1/9/2009 5:35:00 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_5840E243

Hi Frank

Please contact your partner to get them to provide the Support Debugging Tool.

The latest build 10 version has a great new Security Info window which can display what the security settings for a resource are and
be used as a launch pad to make security changes.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.

------=_NextPart_0001_5840E243

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang3081{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Frank
\par
\par Please contact your partner to get them to provide the Support Debugging Tool.
\par
\par The latest build 10 version has a great new Security Info window which can display what the security settings for a resource are and be used as a launch pad to make security changes.
\par
\par David Musgrave [MSFT]
\par Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
\par Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
\par
\par Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
\par
\par mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
\par
\par Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_5840E243--

0
dmusgrav7144 (312)
1/13/2009 5:53:18 AM
David,

I'd really like to get a hold of that Support Debugging Tool, however, our
last partner is no longer with us. Is there any other way I can obtain it?

Thanks,

Hector

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Frank
>
> Please contact your partner to get them to provide the Support Debugging Tool.
>
> The latest build 10 version has a great new Security Info window which can display what the security settings for a resource are and
> be used as a launch pad to make security changes.
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
> Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
>
> mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
> http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
------=_NextPart_0001_FD5BDD20

Hi Hector

Do you have a new partner you can work with?

Please email me using the address below (remove the online. first) to discuss.

Thanks

David

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.

------=_NextPart_0001_FD5BDD20

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang3081{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Hector
\par
\par Do you have a new partner you can work with?
\par
\par Please email me using the address below (remove the online. first) to discuss.
\par
\par Thanks
\par
\par David
\par
\par David Musgrave [MSFT]
\par Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
\par Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
\par
\par Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
\par
\par mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
\par
\par Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_FD5BDD20--

0
dmusgrav7144 (312)

Disable The Security Tab
In Outlook 2000, is there any way to disable the Security Tab under Tools, Options? You could specify most of the settings by using Group Policy when you are in an domain with Active Directory. You can find templates for this in the Office Resource Kit -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:897301c4855f$aae024a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > In Outlook 2000, is there any way ...

MS CRM Security 05-26-04
Hi, I have 2 business units: 1. New Business Sales 2. Account Management (management of current customers) I want to use the MS CRM security settings so that users in New Business Sales cannot see any account records for our current customers. This includes if the New Business Sales users select the &#8216;All Accounts&#8217; view. Is this possible with MS CRM? Yes. When you assign access rights to the role, only give them "Business Unit" access, they will only be able to see data within their BU. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ------------------...

micr configurable stubs
Hi All, Has anyone had to configure checks for GP using configurable stubs for MICR? Are there any tricks to making the process easier or an alternative program to use. Th eprocess so far is painfull as only one item can be selected at a time and each time I add an item it starts in upper left hand corner above other items. Thanks in advance for any insight Lorne Are you using Mekorma? I've used it to configure checks and found it relatively easy to use. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2t...

error message in Adv. Fin. Reports security
Hi, i'm using GP 8.0 and normal security not the advanced security. when trying to give permissions on advanced financial reports, it gives me a message "Another user has changed an item in the access list" please any help here, thanks Reconcile Uwser-Company Access, Financials Security Master, and Security Restrictions in System Reconcile (Tools->Utilities->System->Reconcile). Make sure you run this from a workstation where ALL the components used at your company are installed. If that does not clear the problem, perform Advanced Security File Maintenance (The ...

CRM 4.0 Outlook Client Install/Configuration
I cannot get the Outlook client to configure for any users. The intranet address and internet address are not found. Connectivity has been verified between workstations and crm server. Web clients work ok - thoush some functionality related to custom entities is not behaving properly (lookups not functioning, etc.) Addtionally, CRM is not sending or tracking emails at all. The CRM setup is as follows: Upgraded from 3.0 Win 2K3 Server (fully updated) with SQL 2005 SP2, Reporting Services SP2 Exchange 2003 Server (fully updated) - Email router will not configure. Any suggestions would b...

FW: Check out the security update for Internet Explorer
--krtdvdctk Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mcfnzfvtoglpbiyli"; type="multipart/alternative" --mcfnzfvtoglpbiyli Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hrebvpfnmmtazcd" --hrebvpfnmmtazcd Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install no...

Secure Webdav XP client works, Vista doesn't
Hello, I run Vista Ultimate. IE8. Our sysadm has a remote Win2003 server set up using webdav and a cert for a secure connection. On XP I enter https://xxxx.yyyy.org/FTP into IE, enter my credentials and I get to the server. Then in IE I go to File and Open, open as web folder and it works as a web folder. On my Vista box I get to the same place by Map a Network Drive, Connect to a website that you can use... etc. This too gives me a web folder on my Vista box. That is where the similarity ends. On my XP box if I double click on an ..xls file, the workstation opens t...

Configuration
Hello, I just installed Office 7 Home and Student and every time I open Word it says that it has to Configure the program. It doesn't do that with the other programs and it is getting tiresome because it takes a few minutes. Has anyone else had this problem or have some suggestions? Thanks! Jenn ...

Help
I just started a 3 week trip and need to run Money to track spending while I'm away. However, when I start Money, it is trying to install something, and wants the Money CD, which is back at home. Yes, I know I should have tried this before I left, but the laptop with Money hasn't changed - its just out of its docking station. I thought I'd ask on the small chance that someone might have a clue on what might cause this and/or how to get around it. I can't think of any reason for something to be installed, but there must be something. Thanks TM What file(s) is it asking for...

I have no idea what's causing this security warning.
I am using Outlook XP 2002 SP3. I just installed this recently and I finally got around to puttin in contacts. As soon as I add a contact, I get this error message repeatedly: 'A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No".' I have no idea what other program could be accessing the contacts. If I select "yes" or "no" then Outlook gives me the same message again a few seconds later. It gives it to me continuously, no matter what ...

How to create Release mode configure
Hi all, i am building a project, but i removed default Release configure, and now i try to use Debug config to copy to Release and then change something NDEBUG, Debug info is none, uncheck Generate Debug info any one can help me do this so that i dn't need to create new project again? Turn on optimizations. Do NOT turn off "Generate debug info"; it was a fundamental design error in VS to turn this off. You will need it to read crash dumps coming back from the field. Turn off the various runtime checks. Select the libraries to be the MultiThreaded DLL or for static lin...

configuration
Whwnever I start Windows, Office tries to reconfigure Publisher - how do I stop this? What version Publisher? You receive a "Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office XP Pro" error message when you upgrade to Office 2003 or Office 2007 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825941/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "BG" <BG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B81BB44C-05D4-4435-BCED-9DA45DACCB96@microsoft.com... > Whwnever I start Windows, Office tries to reconfigure...

IMAP4 configuration
I need to allow my users to retrieve their mail from my Exchange server while they are away from the office. I have OWA working right now for web-based email, but I am considering stopping that and only using IMAP4 because many of my users have only dial-up access at their homes, and it takes too long for them to connect via OWA. The main people complaining about the currect situation are the executive director and program director, so I'd like to do what I can to keep them happy. However, I need to know how to access the Exchange mailboxes from outside the network. I have tried sev...

System.Security.SecurityException using eConnect
System.Security.SecurityException: Requested registry access is not allowed. Server stack trace: at Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect.EventLogging.WriteLog(String Info, EventLogEntryType LogType) at Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect.eConnectMethods.eConnect_EntryPoint(String ConnectionString, ConnectionStringType ConnectionType, String sXML, SchemaValidationType ValidationType, String eConnectSchema) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(MethodBase mb, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outAr...

Outlook Folder Security
I have the following Outlook 2002 security questions: Is there a way to assign Outlook Folder Permission via a third party application? We want to let the service desk assign permission to user's calendars without giving them the rights to view the mailbox. We are looking for an application that runs as a service with elevated permission or an outlook profile. See http://www.slipstick.com/exs/permissions.htm#tools for tools to help = with this. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsof...

How do I configure a reminder for attachment passwords?
My company sends attachments (office files) to clients via the internet. They usually password protect these files. Is there anyway to have outlook tell the user that the attachment does not have a password? Sometimes they forget to put the password on the attachment... Thanks, J.R. You would have to write code to do that. Your code would have to intercept the AttachmentAdd event for an open item, check the original item that is being attached by opening it from the file system as a file of the specified type, for example Word doc. Then it would have to use the Word object model to chec...

Misc Security in 10
Is there a way to remove Workflow, Letter Writing Assistant, and HR Notepad from a user? I don't see these options when setting up a task. Open the window you are trying to restrict. Note the window title. This will be the window you're looking for. There are many Notepads throughout HR, which one were you trying to restrict. The Letter Writing Assistant is a different animal, you grant security access to the letters. Product: Microsoft Dynamics GP Type: Letters Series: Letters "CRI" wrote: > Is there a way to remove Workflow, Letter Writing Assistant, and HR ...

security #2
In Excel 2000, How can I secure a spreadsheet so nobody can copy or print it? It is on a shared network drive. Thank You Hi not really possible in Excel. All types of macro security could easily be circumvented -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Project Princess" <Project Princess@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:46DC203E-557A-45B1-9E75-27C900F92900@microsoft.com... > In Excel 2000, How can I secure a spreadsheet so nobody can copy or print it? > It is on a shared network drive. > > Thank You ...

configuring publlic folder appointment items
Is it possible to configure a public folder that contains appointment items so that entries cannot overlap? i.e. I want to use a public folder for the booking out of a meeting room and if I tick the box for "All Day Event" then I would like it so no one can make another entry for that day - or if some one books it 9 to 11 then no one else should be able to book it for the same time frame am I making sense? No, that's one of the limitations of using a pf as a resource, can't automatically decline, no free busy etc. James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexch...

configurator
Has anyone used the Experlogix Configurator product on CRM? What is opinion of it? Looking to implement it in 06 after upgrading to 3.0. Thanks Hey Wes, My client is in the final stages of implementing Experlogix Configurator on CRM 1.2. They have been extremely happy with both the product and the support. (They have been doing two integration projects at once, and the other 3rd party vendor did not deliver on time, and the client is NOT at all happy with them, so they know the difference...) Experlogix is a lot cheaper than some of the other 3rd party add-ons that do multi-currency an...

Programmatically report the configuration of Windows 2008 granular audit settings
I'm trying to read how the granular audit sub-category settings in Windows 2008 like Logon/Logoff=96Special Logon, Policy Change=96Audit Policy Change etc. are configured on a machine & write this to a .csv file report Is there a way to do this programmatically? For instance, read a certain file or registry values for each sub-category setting? I've read on how to use auditpol.exe & wEvtUtil.exe at the command prompt ...

Changes to Security Settings
In order to efficiently lock users out of entry and access screens, it would be EXTREMELY helpful if we could sort through the windows based on key words or functionalities. I'd like to see this done over all modules and series. The functionality of the security screen is very poor and could use a lot of work. I know that advanced security is suppose to help the process, but from everything I've seen, it's just a pretty gui that has the same limitations as the original security screen. With Sarbanes Oxley compliance in affect, security is a big issue. Please consider ...

device configuration via PowerShell
A while ago I asked about setting some pointer device related configuration via PowerShell (specifically the SnapToDefaultButton property). My effort to allow PowerShell to assist me in doing that stalled out at the point where I can tweak the Registry setting associated with SnapToDefaultButton using PowerShell, but that afterwards it requires a reboot of the workstation to get it be effective. Setting that value via Control Panel does not require the reboot. Now I'm wondering what Control Panel does that I'm not doing via PowerShell. I think it must be interactin...

Configure
How can I configure Microsoft Outlook and hotmail. What version of Outlook? http://www.slipstick.com/config/ol2000hotmail.htm -- ~jason k please reply in group. emails directly to me will be printed and laughed at in the breakroom "daisyrichardson@hotmail.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:007e01c3cfbf$fd35a3c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How can I configure Microsoft Outlook and hotmail. ...

workflow configuration
Hi, I have following issues in my GP 10 workflow installation: 1) I have created a single step workflow after activating PO Approval for a TEST company. I could not able to see any workflow list on workflow administration page. I wanted to modify my workflow step which I saved before. But I could not able to do that. I tried with IISRESET. 2) I tried to create a PO and submit for approval in GP by navigating to Transactions>Purchasing<PO Entry. No change on the PO Entry window in GP. Actually there should a msg bar and workflow history pane. I tried to give access rights for th...