Computer Checks Edit List Credit Memo

When printing out the Computer Checks Edit List it is printing a Credit Memo
as well in the remittance section.  Does anybody have a way of not having the
Credit Memo print out on the Edit List?

Thanks
Kevin
0
Precipio (37)

Kevin,

To exclude credit memos from your check run, you will need to uncheck Credit
Memos from the Automatically Apply Existing Unapplied section of the window
before building your batch.

Now, the question to you is, do you want credit memos not to show up on the
edit list but still be considered for application? If so, then you will need
to exclude using Report Writer by creating a Suppress When Empty filter for
the body of the reports when a credit memo type document is identified.

On the other hand, if you want to exclude applied credit memos from the
current check run, you can manually un-apply the credit memos using the Edit
Payables Check Batch window for the vendor in question.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Precipio" wrote:

> When printing out the Computer Checks Edit List it is printing a Credit Memo
> as well in the remittance section.  Does anybody have a way of not having the
> Credit Memo print out on the Edit List?
>
> Thanks
> Kevin
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
12/2/2008 9:25:02 PM
Kevin,

There are 2 options I know of for this:

1. If you are looking to do this for one check only, you can choose to edit
the check, click on Check Stub and uncheck the credit memo(s).

2. Go to Tools > Setup > Purchasing > Payables.  On the bottom left choose
Invoices Only.  I don't believe this will update any existing check batches,
only newly created ones after this setting is changed.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Precipio" <Precipio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When printing out the Computer Checks Edit List it is printing a Credit
> Memo
> as well in the remittance section.  Does anybody have a way of not having
> the
> Credit Memo print out on the Edit List?
>
> Thanks
> Kevin

0
victoria (3340)

kindly, before I crash this computer against the wall..
....does someone know why when I write this declaration: dim idx as Index (or even DAO.Index) it changes into: dim idx as index (or DAO.index) ....and obviously it screams errors if I run the code. References seem fine. As a guess, you have defined index somewhere in your database. I am surprised however that Dim idx as DAO.INDEX does not overcome the problem. Does this happen in just one database or in any database you have? If just one, you might try to decompile and then compile your VBA code and see if that helps. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 Th...

Storing Edited Descriptions / Item Comments
In a previous thread (Questions about RMS, need help. - November 2nd, 2005), someone wanted to include edited descriptions in a report. Glenn mentioned that turning on "Record Item Comments" might also save the edited descriptions, but as far as I can tell - it does not. The only way any changes are saved (other than in the journaled receipt) is to use Item Comments. We have some items that are set as non-stocked, ask for price at POS, and have a generic description - when the item is rung up, the cashier is forced to enter the price and goes back and edits the description to reflec...

SQL Server 2005 Express Edition license
Hi We are using SQL Server Express Edition in one ASP .NET web application which will go live and accessed by users situated at different locations. Number of concurrent users and database size of the application is well within the specified limit of SQL Express server. I am concerned about the licensing cost of SQL Server. I understand Express edition is free. Wanted to confirm that use of SQL Server Express edition will be free? Thank you Shailesh Shailesh Yes , it is free and I hope it will "Shailesh" <Shailesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Removing data from a list.
I was just wondering how could I remove duplicates from a long list, I also want to eliminate the one I searched for initially: Lets say I have: Hello Hello Hello1 Hello2 I'd like to seach for Hello, and have both of them removed. Any ideas on how I can do this ? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi David, Here is a general macro I've used in the past for removing duplicate rows based on the data in a particular column. I'm sure you can ...

Mac Word freezes Computer my computer
I have recntly purchased an apple Macbook intel core Duo notebook running Tiger and MS office for mac version 2004 for students. both have been fully updated off of the web. When I load a word doc file off of my USB stick all's well until I try to then save a file; when quite often, the coloured circle appears forever, when word on the tool bay is touched it indicates that " word is not responding" when I try to force quit this some times works BUT then finder will not work and will not reset, so the only way to regain control of the computer is to hold down the "on/off key&...

Showing last editing date
I was wondering if there is a way to have one cell show the date of when another cell was last edited. You can use a change event. Assume you want cell B1 to track when last A1 was changed. Right click sheet tab, select View Code and paste the macro below: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ErrorHandler Application.EnableEvents = False If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then Range("B1").Value = Date End If ErrorHandler: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub Hope this helps Rowan "Kenny" wrote: > I was ...

How to Use One PST file on Two Computers?
Hello: I have a desktop machine with a pst file in my Outlook 2003. I would like to copy this pst file to my laptop. How do I synchronize the same file on 2 machines so I won't get duplicate e-mails? I use one premium Yahoo e-mail account and several free Yahoo accounts with YahooPOPs.. Thanks in advance, Spudy Hi Spudy, it is not possible by default to share PST files. A list of a list of third-party synctools are also on this site: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm On the Microsoft Office Marketplace site is a list of third-party messaging tools: http://office.microsoft.com...

Cash Receipts Smartlist with blank Credit Card ID
I added the Credit Card ID and Credit Card Name to the Cash Receipts Smartlist. For the credit card payment type the field is blank but if you open the payment the Credit Card name is there. How do I get this on the smartlist? Mike, I tested this issue and found the same thing. Furthermore, some of the payment transactions that display a credit card ID are actually not credit card payments. To make matters even more interesting, I could not find a Payment Method column. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com...

Check that corrective update from the MS Corp.
--saljbnwyqhdb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="bxmtmdlub"; type="multipart/alternative" --bxmtmdlub Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="gznbhdcpjj" --gznbhdcpjj Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect your compute...

Unable to Open a backup file (Money 2004) on a new computer
Though I am computer savvy, MS Money is driving me crazy. Last year I have installed Money 2004 on my laptop and used it once a month to download transactions. Everytime I close money, I get a new file created on my hard disk with the name "My Money Backup ++.mbf", where + indicates a number. I always open the latest .mbf file to access the information. Now I have purchased a new laptop and installed Money 2004 on that as well. I have copied the latest .mbf file from my old laptop onto a diskette and tried to open it from the new laptop in vain. Whatever I do, I get stuc...

Printing checks without printing EFT's
We pay vendors using mostly EFT's but still pay some via check. First we run EFT's and then run checks separately. However sometimes the check batch also includes EFT's thus we need a method to select checks only. Question is how can I select only the check vendors for payment. When paying via EFT, there is a selection for "EFT Only" but no such selection for "Checks Only". Is there a way around this issue? Doug Hi Doug I was browsing and saw this, we had a similar scenario We solved it by using payment priority within the creditor (under options) ...

Restoring computer
I would like to restore my computer from the day I got it. Does anyone know how to do this? I am fed up its all screwy and I think this will fix all our cont. problems Depends on what OS you are running. You can always reformat your hard drive. But save anything that you want to keep first. ALso on xp you can do a restore. but it only goes back so far. Still save important files because it will erase them. "high5me" <high5me@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%23ep9TO0hFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I would like to restore my computer from the day I got it. ...

Autocomplete for Distribution List in OL 2007
This used to work, I just did a reload from a failed hard drive. I have created a new DL that I am using a lot, but autocomplete won't show . So, each time I have select To: and go into contact and select the DL. Autocomplete is active and it does show names, but not the DL. Any ideas Are contacts sent to after you use the DL remembered in the nickname cache? BTW - you don't need to click To and look for the DL - just type the name and outlook will resolve it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange...

Export Exchange 5.5 Distribuition List Members
does anybody know how I can extract the distribution list membership from an Exchange 5.5 server (of a specific distribtuion list, not all of them)? I have a DL with about 190 members, but i can't find away to simply get that info into an excel spreadsheet or word or anything. Anybody have any ideas?? Via the admin program, tools menu, directory export, select only distribution lists. You will get all the DLs but you can then edit the csv in excel to remove the other DLs. -- hth, SusanV "Jason" <jingram@dpconline.com> wrote in message news:eIjxaCG3DHA.1816@TK2MSFTNGP12...

What causes system generated check numbers to skip a number?
It would be helpful to understand what causes the system, when generating check numbers, to skip a number? Even when I search for audit trail information, nothing. Am I missing something? Is this caused by a credit being applied? Is is a problem with our set up? Is it a software issue problem? Is this just another one of GP Dynamics numerous oddities? When printing the cheque information reports voids are included in my listing, yet there have been 3 check numbers that just do not appear. Why? Could these check numbers have already been used and this is why the computer system did ...

Change the size of the dropdown list in CComboBox
I am dynamically creating a CComboBox and then using the addstring member to fill the selection list. It works fine except I don't like the way it deals with a large selection list ( > 50 items ). IT shows about 25 of the items and then has a vertical scroll bar but he 25 item list is larger than the dialog. Is there a way to limit the size of the dropdown list? I would perfer that it shows maybe 10 items at a time. Thanks Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ----------------- You...

How to share Outlook 2003 with 3 computers (peer to peer)
How to I share my Outlook folders, calendar, contacts, tasks, notes? NO Exchange Server! ( I am peer to peer with 3 computers in my office) help! David Create a Personal Folders file on a drive/share that all 3 computer have access to. This PST file can be opened via the File > Open > Outlook data file on each machine. Now for the bad news, Outlook opens the file for exclusive access. Therefore when Machine A has Outlook running, Machines B/C cannot open/work with this shared personal folders file. By the way, there are 3rd party solutions that let multiple machines share t...

Auto Number in List Control
What code can I use to automatically display a number, or preferably, text that will display the same "receipt number" as the previous record or the next successive number. For example, I enter a receipt number in a record...when I start the next record, on a form, I want to be able to click in a list box the same receipt number as before or the next receipt number, which would be just the next number in line. -- Gator ...

Appending data in cells that utilize a Dropdown list.
Hello all, I would like to append entries in cells that utilize a dropdown list. Currently, when I select (in this case names) from my dropdown list I cannot append them if I want to add more than one to a cell. If I select another name from the dropdown, it erases the first entry. Is there some way to append entries within cells that use this form of validation so that I can enter more than one in a cell from the dd list? -- Thanks, Geek using Office XP Professional Hi Geek Debra Dalgleish has an example workbook showing how to do this http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html...

Copying profiles from computer to computer
Hi there, does anyone know where I will find the folder where Outlook 2002 profiles are kept. My team hotdesk and I want to set up all their profiles on one machine then copy them over to each of the other machines rather than going through setting something like 35 profiles up on each. The machines are all windows 98 SE Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks Paul "Paul" <paulmckinlay@nospam_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:12cb701c4434c$2702d8d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Any help would be gratefully received. > Thanks > Paul The profile informati...

Switching Outlook Contacts to Apple computer
I have been unable to find away to import my Outlook contacts and calender information to a Apple/Mac Powerbook G4 using the OS X platform. Can anyone give me some suggestions.I have Entourage X as email. Thanks, Not sure about how to deal with your calendar information, but you can export your Outlook contacts to a spread sheed, then import them from the spread sheet to you apple application. -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond "Brent" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017b01c3c58f$b297bdb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have been unable to find a...

transferring e-mails between computers
Can anyone tell me how to copy/transfer my e-mails from one computer to another without risking over-writing all of the e-mails on the new computer. The old e-mails are on Outlook Express 5. Thanks very much. >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone tell me how to copy/transfer my e-mails from >one computer to another without risking over-writing all >of the e-mails on the new computer. The old e-mails are >on Outlook Express 5. > >Thanks very much. >. >If you are keeping your e-mails on the server you don't have to do anything. However, if you are keepi...

voided check not posted to GL
I have a check that was voided and is not showing as such in the GL. The check register shows a star beside the transaction but still shows the check amount in total (not $0). Any thoughts Have you checked your posting setups to see if you have turned off the posting to GL for voids? Did you see if you have any unposted GL batches if you are posting to and not through? Andrea "lf" wrote: > I have a check that was voided and is not showing as such in the GL. The > check register shows a star beside the transaction but still shows the check > amount in total (not...

Computer becomes unresponsive after installing updates.
Hi, I'm hoping someone could shed some light on some issues I've been having. I've just done a format and installed WinXPPro with SP2 and the computer. The automatic updates picks up a batch to download (approx 65), but whenever update KB956572 or KB959426 is installed, subsequence updates fail and the computer becomes unresponsive. I am unable to open IE or even notepad; any application will not launch and I'm forced to shutdown. After the restart, I can see the history by going to windows update via IE, and the failed updates all have the "Error Code: 0...

Reactivating Office on a new computer.
I had a downloaded copy of Office 2007 on a laptop which has been destroyed beyond repair. I have now bought a new laptop. How do I re-download my copy of Office, please? -- Steve Contact the vendor from where you purchased it. "stemac" <stemac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:795E14D0-A5F1-4CA4-B2B4-A102986CBADD@microsoft.com... :I had a downloaded copy of Office 2007 on a laptop which has been destroyed : beyond repair. I have now bought a new laptop. How do I re-download my copy : of Office, please? : -- : Steve The vendor was...