Computer Check Batch stuck in Batch Recovery Limbo!

We have a Computer Check batch whose status is "Computer Check Posting Error"
(SY00500.BCHSTTUS = 15). If we try and open via the Payables Batch Entry we
receive: "You cannot edit the batch or transactions in this batch. Use the
Batch Recovery window to continue processing this batch."

So, onto Batch Recovery:

This begins a never ending loop.

Batch ID in question is selected and "Marked" and [Continue] is selected to
process and we receive: "Data entry errors exist in batch <BATCH ID>. Use the
Batch Recovery window to process this batch.

Any suggestions on how to end this loop and resolve the issue?

FYI: We are using Safe Pay and the Safe Pay [Load / Reload Transactions]
brings in 0 checks with $0.00 and the batch in question appears in the Safe
Pay Upload History.  We are running MS Dynamics GP Professional 9.00.0259
with SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.2047.00 ODBC Driver.
0
RyanHobbs (9)

Make sure that you have a current backup of the company database. Run the
following script against the company database. Replace XXX with the batch
number or the name of the batch that you are trying to post or select in
Microsoft Dynamics GP.

UPDATE SY00500 SET MKDTOPST=0, BCHSTTUS=0 where BACHNUMB='XXX'

Hope this helps, rc

"Ryan Hobbs" wrote:

> We have a Computer Check batch whose status is "Computer Check Posting Error"
> (SY00500.BCHSTTUS = 15). If we try and open via the Payables Batch Entry we
> receive: "You cannot edit the batch or transactions in this batch. Use the
> Batch Recovery window to continue processing this batch."
>
> So, onto Batch Recovery:
>
> This begins a never ending loop.
>
> Batch ID in question is selected and "Marked" and [Continue] is selected to
> process and we receive: "Data entry errors exist in batch <BATCH ID>. Use the
> Batch Recovery window to process this batch.
>
> Any suggestions on how to end this loop and resolve the issue?
>
> FYI: We are using Safe Pay and the Safe Pay [Load / Reload Transactions]
> brings in 0 checks with $0.00 and the batch in question appears in the Safe
> Pay Upload History.  We are running MS Dynamics GP Professional 9.00.0259
> with SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.2047.00 ODBC Driver.
0
RC (240)
1/17/2008 3:11:00 PM
Do you have any idea what Batch Status 15 means?
0
leslievail1 (120)
1/23/2008 7:17:46 AM
Batch Status 15 = Computer Check Posting Error

"Leslie Vail" wrote:

> Do you have any idea what Batch Status 15 means?

0
RC (240)
1/23/2008 3:12:10 PM
Here's the status definitions I have so far, can you add more to the list?
This doesn't seem to be documented anywhere:
0	Available
1	Marked to Post
2	Marked to Delete
3	Marked to Receive
4 ?
5	Printing
6	Updating
7	Posting Interrupted
8	Journal Printing Interrupted
9	Table Update Interrupted
10	Recurring Batch Error - Edit Required
11	Transaction Error - Edit Required
12 ?
13 ?
14 ?

"rc" wrote:

> Batch Status 15 = Computer Check Posting Error
>
> "Leslie Vail" wrote:
>
> > Do you have any idea what Batch Status 15 means?

0
LeslieVail (702)
1/25/2008 3:19:02 AM
Hi, Leslie,

Here are these:

0   = Available
1   = Batch is currently posting.
2   = Batch is currently being deleted.
3   = Batch currently receiving transactions from outside the module
4   = Batch is done posting.
5   = Batch is currently being printed
6   = Batch is currently being updated.
7   = Batch was interrupted during posting.
8   = Batch was interrupted during printing.
9   = Batch was interrupted during updating of tables.
10 = Recurring batch has application errors and one or more
transactions did not post. Edit Required
11 = Single use batch has application errors and one or more
transactions did not post. Edit Required
15 = A posting error occurred while trying to post a batch of computer
checks.
20 = Batch was interrupted during the processing of computer checks.
25 = Batch was interrupted during the printing of the computer check
alignment.
30 = Batch was interrupted during the printing of computer checks.
35 = Batch was interrupted during the printing of a check alignment
form before reprinting checks.
40 = Batch was interrupted during the voiding of computer checks.
45 = Batch was interrupted during the reprinting of computer checks.
50 = Batch was interrupted during the processing of the remittance
report.
55 = Batch was interrupted during the processing of the remittance
Alignment report.
60 = Batch was interrupted during the printing of the remittance
report.
100 = Batch is processing computer checks.

Regards,
Sheikh Asif
0
asifbunty (75)
1/25/2008 1:29:49 PM
We are on MS GP10 and have encountered the exact same issue.  Has anyone discovered a solution when this happens?

> On Wednesday, January 16, 2008 4:19 PM RyanHobb wrote:

> We have a Computer Check batch whose status is "Computer Check Posting Error"
> (SY00500.BCHSTTUS = 15). If we try and open via the Payables Batch Entry we
> receive: "You cannot edit the batch or transactions in this batch. Use the
> Batch Recovery window to continue processing this batch."
>
> So, onto Batch Recovery:
>
> This begins a never ending loop.
>
> Batch ID in question is selected and "Marked" and [Continue] is selected to
> process and we receive: "Data entry errors exist in batch <BATCH ID>. Use the
> Batch Recovery window to process this batch.
>
> Any suggestions on how to end this loop and resolve the issue?
>
> FYI: We are using Safe Pay and the Safe Pay [Load / Reload Transactions]
> brings in 0 checks with $0.00 and the batch in question appears in the Safe
> Pay Upload History.  We are running MS Dynamics GP Professional 9.00.0259
> with SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.2047.00 ODBC Driver.

kindly, before I crash this computer against the wall..
....does someone know why when I write this declaration: dim idx as Index (or even DAO.Index) it changes into: dim idx as index (or DAO.index) ....and obviously it screams errors if I run the code. References seem fine. As a guess, you have defined index somewhere in your database. I am surprised however that Dim idx as DAO.INDEX does not overcome the problem. Does this happen in just one database or in any database you have? If just one, you might try to decompile and then compile your VBA code and see if that helps. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 Th...

Mac Word freezes Computer my computer
I have recntly purchased an apple Macbook intel core Duo notebook running Tiger and MS office for mac version 2004 for students. both have been fully updated off of the web. When I load a word doc file off of my USB stick all's well until I try to then save a file; when quite often, the coloured circle appears forever, when word on the tool bay is touched it indicates that " word is not responding" when I try to force quit this some times works BUT then finder will not work and will not reset, so the only way to regain control of the computer is to hold down the "on/off key&...

How to Use One PST file on Two Computers?
Hello: I have a desktop machine with a pst file in my Outlook 2003. I would like to copy this pst file to my laptop. How do I synchronize the same file on 2 machines so I won't get duplicate e-mails? I use one premium Yahoo e-mail account and several free Yahoo accounts with YahooPOPs.. Thanks in advance, Spudy Hi Spudy, it is not possible by default to share PST files. A list of a list of third-party synctools are also on this site: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm On the Microsoft Office Marketplace site is a list of third-party messaging tools: http://office.microsoft.com...

Unable to Open a backup file (Money 2004) on a new computer
Though I am computer savvy, MS Money is driving me crazy. Last year I have installed Money 2004 on my laptop and used it once a month to download transactions. Everytime I close money, I get a new file created on my hard disk with the name "My Money Backup ++.mbf", where + indicates a number. I always open the latest .mbf file to access the information. Now I have purchased a new laptop and installed Money 2004 on that as well. I have copied the latest .mbf file from my old laptop onto a diskette and tried to open it from the new laptop in vain. Whatever I do, I get stuc...

Restoring computer
I would like to restore my computer from the day I got it. Does anyone know how to do this? I am fed up its all screwy and I think this will fix all our cont. problems Depends on what OS you are running. You can always reformat your hard drive. But save anything that you want to keep first. ALso on xp you can do a restore. but it only goes back so far. Still save important files because it will erase them. "high5me" <high5me@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%23ep9TO0hFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I would like to restore my computer from the day I got it. ...

Check that corrective update from the MS Corp.
--saljbnwyqhdb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="bxmtmdlub"; type="multipart/alternative" --bxmtmdlub Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="gznbhdcpjj" --gznbhdcpjj Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect your compute...

Printing checks without printing EFT's
We pay vendors using mostly EFT's but still pay some via check. First we run EFT's and then run checks separately. However sometimes the check batch also includes EFT's thus we need a method to select checks only. Question is how can I select only the check vendors for payment. When paying via EFT, there is a selection for "EFT Only" but no such selection for "Checks Only". Is there a way around this issue? Doug Hi Doug I was browsing and saw this, we had a similar scenario We solved it by using payment priority within the creditor (under options) ...

What causes system generated check numbers to skip a number?
It would be helpful to understand what causes the system, when generating check numbers, to skip a number? Even when I search for audit trail information, nothing. Am I missing something? Is this caused by a credit being applied? Is is a problem with our set up? Is it a software issue problem? Is this just another one of GP Dynamics numerous oddities? When printing the cheque information reports voids are included in my listing, yet there have been 3 check numbers that just do not appear. Why? Could these check numbers have already been used and this is why the computer system did ...

Switching Outlook Contacts to Apple computer
I have been unable to find away to import my Outlook contacts and calender information to a Apple/Mac Powerbook G4 using the OS X platform. Can anyone give me some suggestions.I have Entourage X as email. Thanks, Not sure about how to deal with your calendar information, but you can export your Outlook contacts to a spread sheed, then import them from the spread sheet to you apple application. -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond "Brent" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017b01c3c58f$b297bdb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have been unable to find a...

Copying profiles from computer to computer
Hi there, does anyone know where I will find the folder where Outlook 2002 profiles are kept. My team hotdesk and I want to set up all their profiles on one machine then copy them over to each of the other machines rather than going through setting something like 35 profiles up on each. The machines are all windows 98 SE Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks Paul "Paul" <paulmckinlay@nospam_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:12cb701c4434c$2702d8d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Any help would be gratefully received. > Thanks > Paul The profile informati...

How to share Outlook 2003 with 3 computers (peer to peer)
How to I share my Outlook folders, calendar, contacts, tasks, notes? NO Exchange Server! ( I am peer to peer with 3 computers in my office) help! David Create a Personal Folders file on a drive/share that all 3 computer have access to. This PST file can be opened via the File > Open > Outlook data file on each machine. Now for the bad news, Outlook opens the file for exclusive access. Therefore when Machine A has Outlook running, Machines B/C cannot open/work with this shared personal folders file. By the way, there are 3rd party solutions that let multiple machines share t...

transferring e-mails between computers
Can anyone tell me how to copy/transfer my e-mails from one computer to another without risking over-writing all of the e-mails on the new computer. The old e-mails are on Outlook Express 5. Thanks very much. >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone tell me how to copy/transfer my e-mails from >one computer to another without risking over-writing all >of the e-mails on the new computer. The old e-mails are >on Outlook Express 5. > >Thanks very much. >. >If you are keeping your e-mails on the server you don't have to do anything. However, if you are keepi...

voided check not posted to GL
I have a check that was voided and is not showing as such in the GL. The check register shows a star beside the transaction but still shows the check amount in total (not $0). Any thoughts Have you checked your posting setups to see if you have turned off the posting to GL for voids? Did you see if you have any unposted GL batches if you are posting to and not through? Andrea "lf" wrote: > I have a check that was voided and is not showing as such in the GL. The > check register shows a star beside the transaction but still shows the check > amount in total (not...

Computer becomes unresponsive after installing updates.
Hi, I'm hoping someone could shed some light on some issues I've been having. I've just done a format and installed WinXPPro with SP2 and the computer. The automatic updates picks up a batch to download (approx 65), but whenever update KB956572 or KB959426 is installed, subsequence updates fail and the computer becomes unresponsive. I am unable to open IE or even notepad; any application will not launch and I'm forced to shutdown. After the restart, I can see the history by going to windows update via IE, and the failed updates all have the "Error Code: 0...

Reactivating Office on a new computer.
I had a downloaded copy of Office 2007 on a laptop which has been destroyed beyond repair. I have now bought a new laptop. How do I re-download my copy of Office, please? -- Steve Contact the vendor from where you purchased it. "stemac" <stemac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:795E14D0-A5F1-4CA4-B2B4-A102986CBADD@microsoft.com... :I had a downloaded copy of Office 2007 on a laptop which has been destroyed : beyond repair. I have now bought a new laptop. How do I re-download my copy : of Office, please? : -- : Steve The vendor was...

Synchronize mail between two computers
My question looks somewhat the same as the one by Ozsubasi, but I think it is not exactly the same. I have 2 computers: a desktop and a laptop. With my desktop (Vista x64) I download my e-mails (no gmail or hotmail, a commercial provider), using Windows Live Mail. I store the mails on the desktop. In total it is ca. 10,000 e-mails (received + sent, together around 6 Gb) over the years; I tell you this so you can understand that leaving the mails with the provider is no option. On a daily basis I synchronize my documents between the desktop and the laptop. I travel a lot for...

Moving Outlook to a New Computer #3
I use Outlook as my email software, and have a large number of message rules set up to move messages to the correct folders, etc. I am getting a new laptop tomorrow, and want to use it now as the computer I do all my emailing from. I've found info on how to reconnect my old PST file onto the new machine (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010771141033.aspx). My question is whether this will move all of my message rules to the new machine, and what I need to do to create the various folders on the new machine. Can I copy over the old file structure of these folders to the new m...

Computer
See how you can earn thousands per day without ever picking up a phone. This opportunity is exploding right now. Work 1 on 1 with top earner. Get the details here www.0to20k.com ...

Sharing memory between computers
Hi, Is there any way of sharing memory between computers in a network. for example if I have an integer=2 in my client app.. can I use this variable in server??? And second question: Is every variable a place in memory? can I save the memory into a file and send it to another computer...then load the file in the memory again and use it? thanks Milad wrote: > Hi, > Is there any way of sharing memory between computers in a network. > for example if I have an integer=2 in my client app.. can I use this > variable in server??? > And second question: Is every variable a place ...

Trying to Delete payment
When retrieving one of the PO's that was trying to be deleted and the computer was shut down, I receive the following messages: 1) The stored procedure popSelectPODocInquiry returned the following results: DBMS:515, Great Plains 0. Click OK or More Info 2) Microsoft ODBC SQL SERVER Driver Cannot insert the value NULL into column,"table", column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. Click OK 3) ODBC SQL Server Driver cannot insert the value NULL into column "DOCTYNAM', table 'tempdb.dbo.#PODETAILED________________colum. Click OK -- Has anyone ever experienced t...

How 2 get partial office download out of computer-do NOT have off.
Do not have Office disk required to complete download and am now locked out of Excel-how to remove partial download??? ...

How Do I delete a check box.
I was cutting and pasting text to an Excel file and now I have a check box on the spreadsheet. I tried right-clicking around it to select it and tried left clicking around it. How can I select it so I can remove it from the sheet? Thanks for the help!! -- akkrug =?Utf-8?B?YWtrcnVn?= <kenneth.krug@uticanational.com> wrote in news:B4689D71-B565-4A1B-974E-EB1493A46FDC@microsoft.com: > I was cutting and pasting text to an Excel file and now I have a check > box on the spreadsheet. I tried right-clicking around it to select it > and tried left clicking around it. How c...

banks that type check payees onto statements?
My church has a checking account in which a bank clerk actually reads what is written in the Payee and Memo fields of the check and types this information onto the montly statements. Unfortunately the church has special arrangements with that bank and people off the street can't simply open an account with similar features. Also, I don't believe they offer this in an online format. Does anybody know if there is a bank out there that will do the following?: 1. Provide scanned copies of checks online. 2. Have a clerk actually type the payee and memo fields from each cleared check into ...

AD Users and Computers
Hi, We've recently installed Exchange 2003 on one of our Windows2003 servers. On this server, if we go into the Active Directory Users and Computers we can right click on a users and view the Exchange tabs for that particular user. If we go onto any other 2003 server and try the same thing, the Exchange tabs are not there. We were under the impression that since we ran forestprep etc.. which edits the schema, the tabs would show on any DC's and could also be edited from there. Is this not the case, or do we need to add some sort of snap-in to the other servers? thanks for any hel...

Tape Stuck in Drive
DPM 2007 refuses to let go of a tape in the drive. If I try to run a “remove tape E/I port” I get following message “Required tape resource is reserved by another task. Wait for the other task to complete, or cancel the ongoing operation. Retry the operation." The problem is that there are no other jobs running. I also tried to reboot the server and tape library but no success. I am able to unload the tape from the drive using the tape drive console but DPM refuse to acknowledge that the tape have been moved out of the drive. We experience exactly this behavior with our DELL...