Component Transactioon Entry-MO

Is there a way to have the component transaction entry to automatically pick
lot numbers (FIFO method) instead of having to go into each component and
insert lot numbers?

We are finding this window very, very cumbersome to use...

thanks!
--
Doug
0

Doug,

I doubt, but it’s could be easily customized, let me know if you need any
help in this matter.

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"Doug" wrote:

> Is there a way to have the component transaction entry to automatically pick
> lot numbers (FIFO method) instead of having to go into each component and
> insert lot numbers?
>
> We are finding this window very, very cumbersome to use...
>
> thanks!
> --
> Doug
What do you have in mind when you say 'easily customized'?

We would like if possible for the Picklists to 'select their own' lot
numbers.  Kind of how Dynamics GP Inventory Assembly entry automatically
picks its own lot numbers...

thanks

--
Doug

"Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:

> Doug,
>
> I doubt, but it’s could be easily customized, let me know if you need any
> help in this matter.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Mohammad R. Daoud
> MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> Great Package For Business Solutions
> daoudm@greatpbs.com
> http://www.greatpbs.com
> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
>

> "Doug" wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to have the component transaction entry to automatically pick
> > lot numbers (FIFO method) instead of having to go into each component and
> > insert lot numbers?
> >
> > We are finding this window very, very cumbersome to use...
> >
> > thanks!
> > --
> > Doug
0
Doug4515 (774)
11/11/2008 4:26:12 PM
Doug,

Lot are being saved in “IV00300”, you can use the select below to retrieve
available Lot for an item in FIFO:

SELECT * FROM IV00300
WHERE     (ITEMNMBR = '11111110300000001') AND (QTYRECVD > QTYSOLD)
ORDER BY DATERECD DESC

Create integration using Continuum API that pull the lots from this view and
drop it in Lots Selection window.

"Doug" wrote:

> What do you have in mind when you say 'easily customized'?
>
> We would like if possible for the Picklists to 'select their own' lot
> numbers.  Kind of how Dynamics GP Inventory Assembly entry automatically
> picks its own lot numbers...
>
> thanks
>

> --
> Doug
>

> "Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:
>
> > Doug,
> >
> > I doubt, but it’s could be easily customized, let me know if you need any
> > help in this matter.
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> > Mohammad R. Daoud
> > MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> > Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> > Great Package For Business Solutions
> > daoudm@greatpbs.com
> > http://www.greatpbs.com
> > http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
> >

> > "Doug" wrote:
> >
> > > Is there a way to have the component transaction entry to automatically pick
> > > lot numbers (FIFO method) instead of having to go into each component and
> > > insert lot numbers?
> > >
> > > We are finding this window very, very cumbersome to use...
> > >
> > > thanks!
> > > --
> > > Doug
I understand the select statement but dont know anything about the continuum
stuff....

--
Doug

0
Doug4515 (774)
11/11/2008 7:34:01 PM
Doug,

This document will help.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=abde6f8d-9def-44ab-9567-4370d52b05c3&displaylang=en

Regards,
--

"Doug" wrote:

> I understand the select statement but dont know anything about the continuum
> stuff....
>
> --
> Doug
>

> "Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:
>
> > Doug,
> >
> > Lot are being saved in “IV00300”, you can use the select below to retrieve
> > available Lot for an item in FIFO:
> >
> > SELECT * FROM IV00300
> > WHERE     (ITEMNMBR = '11111110300000001') AND (QTYRECVD > QTYSOLD)
> > ORDER BY DATERECD DESC
> >
> > Create integration using Continuum API that pull the lots from this view and
> > drop it in Lots Selection window.
> >
> > Let me know if you need any help in this matter.
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> > Mohammad R. Daoud
> > MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> > Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> > Great Package For Business Solutions
> > daoudm@greatpbs.com
> > http://www.greatpbs.com
> > http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
> >

> > "Doug" wrote:
> >
> > > What do you have in mind when you say 'easily customized'?
> > >
> > > We would like if possible for the Picklists to 'select their own' lot
> > > numbers.  Kind of how Dynamics GP Inventory Assembly entry automatically
> > > picks its own lot numbers...
> > >
> > > thanks
> > >

> > > --
> > > Doug

Will this be something that I will really be able to do myself?

--
Doug

"Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:

> Doug,
>
> This document will help.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=abde6f8d-9def-44ab-9567-4370d52b05c3&displaylang=en
>
> Regards,
> --
> Mohammad R. Daoud
> MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> Great Package For Business Solutions
> daoudm@greatpbs.com
> http://www.greatpbs.com
> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
>

> "Doug" wrote:
>
> > I understand the select statement but dont know anything about the continuum
> > stuff....
> >
> > --
> > Doug
> >

> > "Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:
> >
> > > Doug,
> > >
> > > Lot are being saved in “IV00300”, you can use the select below to retrieve
> > > available Lot for an item in FIFO:
> > >
> > > SELECT * FROM IV00300
> > > WHERE     (ITEMNMBR = '11111110300000001') AND (QTYRECVD > QTYSOLD)
> > > ORDER BY DATERECD DESC
> > >
> > > Create integration using Continuum API that pull the lots from this view and
> > > drop it in Lots Selection window.
> > >
> > > Let me know if you need any help in this matter.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > --
> > > Mohammad R. Daoud
> > > MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> > > Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> > > Great Package For Business Solutions
> > > daoudm@greatpbs.com
> > > http://www.greatpbs.com
> > > http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/

0
Doug4515 (774)

Calculated Journal Entries
Is there anyway that in GP 7.50 you are able to do a calculated journal entry-this means that every month I want a journal entry calculated at 3% of our sales? Is this possible in any way? Would I need to just enter it in Excel and use Integration Mgr to import it?? Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks You can set up a fixed allocation account to automatically allocate 3% to a specified distribution account in "real time" as individual transactions are posted. Fixed allocation accounts are used to distribute fixed percentages of a single transaction among several acco...

Move to standalone components
Hello, what is a procedure to move to standalone components from sbs 2008. In version 2003 there was a transition pack but I cant seem to find one for 2008. __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4788 (20100120) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com There is no transition pack for SBS 2008. You can migrate to EBS, or migrate to standalone. But there's no special way to do it. -- Charlie. http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel "Namik" <namikp@gmail.com>...

matching downloaded transactions with epay entries
I have begun using epay in Money2003. When I pay a bill with epay, Money automatically enters the transaction into my register. When it clears the bank and downloaded, it is listed only as a check with a check number. Money can't match it to the original and when I choose "change" and try to manually match it, the transaction entered from epay is dimmed. It seems that my only solution is to delete the downloaded transaction. Is there a better way to deal with this? ...

MO Receipt Table?
I am looking for the MO receipt table, that shows the Parent assembly, the MO Receipt Number, Date and Serial number. Does anyone know the name of this table? Thanks! -- Doug Doug, Manufacturing Orders Receiving Header: MOP1040 Manufacturing Orders Receiving Details: MOP1043 Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Doug" wrote: > I am looking for the MO receipt table, that shows the Parent assembly, the > MO Re...

How to display leading zeroes e.g. 000123 as data entry in Excel?
I am entering employee numbers in to Excel and of course, the leading zeroes are removed. How do I avoid this? Hi Tony you've got a couple of options 1) if you're not going to use the numbers in calculations you can format the cells to text (format / cells / text) BEFORE entering the numbers 2) or type an apostraphe in first (') before the number (e.g. '000123) 3) if you need to use these as "numbers" later on, then make a custom cell format, select the cells, choose format / cells / click on custom and type 000000 in the white line on the right click OK Cheer...

Purchase Order Entry
When I Enter Purchase Order Entry it accepts ANY ITEM code. It is not checking ITEM Master. You are correct. That is by design. "Raja" wrote: > When I Enter Purchase Order Entry it accepts ANY ITEM > code. It is not checking ITEM Master. > > > This is because it reads the Item as the "Vendor Item" ie the name as the vendor may have it - its name at the vendor's warehouse -, not the company. >-----Original Message----- >You are correct. That is by design. > >"Raja" wrote: > >> When I Enter Purchase Order Entry i...

Component Gallery
Hello, How do I add a component from the component gallery (if it exists in version 7.0!?) like we did in version 6.0? Eitan ...

freezing when correcting journal entry
Hello: True, it does take a while to pull up or enter a journal entry number when you are using the Correct Journal Entry window in GP 10.0 General Transaction Entry. But, one end user says that her workstation freezes and she has to Task Manager out of GP when trying to do so. Other than perhaps stopping and starting SQL to delete temp tables, is there anything else that can be done to delp her? She has been able to conduct these reversing entries in thepast. childofthe1980s Dear, Checklinks may help, and since the problem in one machine then reinstalling GP will help, but the s...

Retain form Combo Box Entries
Is there a way to retain the last combo box information that was used on a form so that it will be there when the form is re-opened? Perhaps save the data to a local table when the form closes and then read the data from that table into the combobox on the open event of the form... <robert.young@arvinmeritor.com> wrote in message news:1177825270.436250.279060@y5g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to retain the last combo box information that was used > on a form so that it will be there when the form is re-opened? > ...

problems with duplicate entries
i'm having trouble with duplicate entries in MS money 2004, i've been a money user for few years now. the problem arises in my chequing account when i notice that something that is autoposted by "bills and accounts" is coming up twice. i see the entry in my chequing register - i look below and see red for the item is over budget...when i click on the entry it is coming up with the same date and time, twice! when i click on the details...one entry is regular (i.e. with black text) and the other item has greyed out entries for the account (comes up as chequing) and ...

Component / Sub-component
I want to model the concept "Component / Sub-component" with rectangles for example. If I have component A with it's sub-components A1 and A2, then I have 3 rectangles with A containing A1 and A2. Is it possible to constraints A1 and A2 moving out of rectangle A? Then the relation between them is lost. (In Flowcharter (used years ago) this was easily done). Thanks in advance... On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 03:55:31 -0700 (PDT), Qi <qixiangchi@gmail.com> wrote: >I want to model the concept "Component / Sub-component" with >rectangles for example. >If I have compon...

Registry Entries
Can someone cut and past some code that allows me to write and modify the registry. I want to work in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\.... area. Also, I want to put the code in a dialog (if that makes a difference). Thanks! Take a look at my Registry classes on my MVP Tips site. joe On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 19:12:41 GMT, " JCO" <J.Oliviero@verizon.net> wrote: >Can someone cut and past some code that allows me to write and modify the >registry. >I want to work in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\.... area. > >Also, I want to put the code in a dialog (if that ...

Ability to insert a row to the Payroll Quick Entry
I would like to make the following suggestion with respect to the Payroll Canada. I was wondering if the functionality in the Payroll Qiuck Entry could allow the user to insert a row when entering hours. Presently we have the ability to delete a row but not insert a row. If you are making adjustments to an individual employee you can't insert a row you have to do the adjustments at the bottom of the page. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&...

data entry
I have 4 controls on a form which are used for data entry. How can I make sure they point to a new record when I open the form? At present, each of the controls displays the data from the last record Set the Data Entry property to Yes. It will open to a new record but you will not be able to edit existing records using this form. Alternative you can have On Open event to call a macro. Have that marco action go to new record. This means there will be a new record, even if you do not want one each time the form is opened. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Rafi&q...

timeout error with activeX component
Hi, I'm using an ActiveX interface to a 3rd party application from within my own MFC application. 90% of the functions available from the 3rd party app work great, but the other ones, typically those which display a dialog asking for user input, cause a "server busy - This action cannot be completed because the other application is busy" error to be displayed after 10s or so if the user doesn't respond to them quickly enough. I have searched MSDN, but all the references I can find relate to VB. In a VB application there is a parameter OLERequestPendingTimeout which y...

Diary entry
Hi there, We have a company diary setup in Outlook Public folders, I have added a diary entry to book a resource for a meeting but it has not shown up on the diary. When I try to rebook the resource it says it has already been booked. Can anyone help me please? I am using Outlook 2003 - Exchange Server 2003 Thanks Lynda ...

How do I extract text from drop down entry in Word 2003
I have created a macro to generate filename from entries in a form in Word 2003 and save with this filename. The macro uses bookmarks to identify the text to be used. It works fine if the bookmark is for a legacy text form field, but if used with a drop down form field it generates a save error: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Call RunSpellcheck Dim pStr As String pStr = "C:\Users\John\Desktop\" 'Your directory pStr = pStr + ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("text").Range.Text pStr = pStr + " " pStr = pStr + ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("ward").Range.Text pSt...

Web component not responding to SetAddress
I have an odd problem. I added a web browser ActiveX component to a dialog-based program in VC++, assuming that I could just set its address and leave it to begin operating as a web browser embedded in my GUI. Apparently this does not work at all. I tried calling other methods but none has any effect. Anybody know why this isn't working? Thanks- Narf ...

cannot install Dexterity Shared components
Hi All I am havng problems installing GP on my XP client because I cannot install the Dexterity Shared Components. The Event Log is telling me that "Product: Dexterity Shared Components -- .NET Framework 2.0 is not installed. The installation cannot continue." This is incorrect, I have 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, and 3.5 installed on this particular machine. I suspect that the installer is looking for 2.0 and is finding 3.0 and is therefore saying that 2.0 isn't installed. I cannot uninstall 3.0 or 3.5 as I have other apps that rely upon those versions of the framework. How can I g...

Count number of entries each day
I have a table: Tader Entry_date Allen 1/Jan/2008 Steve 1/Jan/2008 Johnson 1/Jan/2008 James 2/Jan/2008 Timbery 2/Jan/2008 Deanel 3/Jan/2008 Steve 4/Jan/2008 Stevenson 5/Jan/2008 Joey 6/Jan/2008 Stelthy 7/Jan/2008 David 10/Jan/2008 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I want to count how many trades occur in each day ------------------------------------------------...

Text colour in ListBox entries
Is it possible, in vba, to change the text colour of individual entries in a drop-down list (ListBox or CombBox)? Or does this have to be set the same for all entries in the list? I know how to do the latter but not the former. TIA Chris No and Yes. -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA "Chris Watts" <ng@ctwatts.plus.com> wrote in message Is it possible, in vba, to change the text colour of individual entries in a drop-down list (ListBox or CombBox)? Or does this have to be set the same for all entries in the list? I know how to do the latter but not the former. ...

How to uninstall exchange components before upgrade to ex2000
Doing inplace upgrade of exch2000 to exch2003 and the notes say to remove the Instant Messaging service, Chat, key management server lotus cc mail and MS Mail connector. This is a silly question but how do I know if they are installed where do I go to check. Do I go to add/remove programs and exchange server install. I tried this. If this is the correct method how do I uninstall when I select the component it tells me to select an option for the main Exchange component. I get to choose from none, reinstall, remove or change. I dont want to accidently remove exchange or change it...

count number of entries in cell
Hi, I am trying to count the number of entries in a cell. For eg in cel A15..I have rat,cat,mat,fat....The function should return 4. Is there inbuilt function to do that or what would a macro to do that loo like. Thanks, M -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi are all your entries separatet by a comma. If yes try =LEN(A15)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A15,",",""))+1 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi, > > I am trying to count the number of entries in a cell. For eg in cell > A15..I have rat,cat,mat,fat....The function should return 4. Is the...

Can Windows Components written in VBScript contain other Components?
Can Windows Components written in VBScript contain other Components? Can the interface of the contained component be directly exported? -- 100% Accurate Display Screen OCR http://www.OCR4Screen.com On 8/6/2010 3:23 PM, Peter Olcott wrote: > Can Windows Components written in VBScript contain other Components? > Can the interface of the contained component be directly exported? > It looks like the answer to this question is yes, just like other COM components, WSC can include other components. -- 100% Accurate Display Screen OCR http://www.OCR4Screen.com ...

Duplicate Calendar entries.
I have a customer that runs Outlook/Exchange2003. Just recently, whenever someone sets up an appointment and invites people, the invitees will get a calendar entry when they accept and duplicate entries when other invitees accept. Bill sends an appointment for 3:00PM to Dick, Fred and Phil. Phil accepts the appointment and a calendar entry is posted. Fred accepts and Phil gets another calendar entry for the appointment at 3:00PM. Dick accepts and Phill gets yet another entry. Anyone seen this? ...