Collections Management - User Defined letters and Mass Mailings

Dynamics GP v9 - Collections Management

Users are unable to use "user defined letters" (Word Documents) for mass
mailings. They are limited to only using predefined letters, or printing each
letter individually for every customer.

Error received when users attempt to use a custom letter:

Unhandled script exception:
Cannot find report  "COL_Reminder_UpcomingDue".

EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_MISSING
SCRIPT_CMD_REPORT

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=d5a87581-6e1e-4948-a9ac-e9f563e2953b&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
JRyan (2)

We were able to prepare and send out a custom letter to one specific type of
customer (identified by the customer number).  We sent out about 250 letters.
 We had to print a letter for each customer.  We wrote the letter, and then
imported the letter into the Write Letters section of the customer card.
Interestingly enough, we found that the import was requirted on each
workstation.  There has to be some other function to avoid this, but time is
quite limited at year end.
We are getting ready to mail out another mass letter to another type of
customer, but this time, we are using the mailing label report in Company
Reports.  The report format needs some tweeking-hopefully to print the labels
on an Avery standard label, rather than whatever format Dynamics GP9 has...

"JRyan" wrote:

> Dynamics GP v9 - Collections Management
>
> Users are unable to use "user defined letters" (Word Documents) for mass
> mailings. They are limited to only using predefined letters, or printing each
> letter individually for every customer.
>

> Error received when users attempt to use a custom letter:

> Unhandled script exception:
> Cannot find report  "COL_Reminder_UpcomingDue".
>

> EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_MISSING
> SCRIPT_CMD_REPORT
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=d5a87581-6e1e-4948-a9ac-e9f563e2953b&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
gssibirm (1)

E-mail doesn't send over 2MB
Hi all, I'm sure what i am missing here. Whenever I try to send an e-mail around 5MB or so, Outlook 2003 says it is sending it and then doesn't. I get a message saying the following in the 'SEND/RECEIVE PROGRESS' window. I called my ISP (Shaw) and they said it is my CA Antivirus. So I disabled it. Still did the same thing. 5 minutes later, the attachment (PDF 6MB) shows up. I have no idea what is going on. Is there a setting in Outlook I should be looking for. I never had this problem before. Task 'shawmail - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The opera...

XmlSerializer Collection with Collections

Manage Several SMTP Address in Exchange 2003
Hi, one question: - I have some domain names (smtp addresses): test.com, test1.com and test2.com. In my domain (W2K3 with Exchange 2K3), there are users the need to receive and send emails using that addressess: - user x send and receive as test.com; - user y send and receive as test1.com; - user z send and receive as test2.com; The MX records of the domains (test.com, test1.com and test2.com) are configured to point to my Exchange 2K3. The question is, is it possible manage that through Exchange 2K3 setting each address to respective user? One user can send and receive email using only ...

Integration manager script for exchange rate tables
I am uploading journals into GP via IM. Does anyone have a script that will apply the exchange rates from the GP rate table to my integration? Or is there a better way to do this? ...

Manage a existing folder
I have an antivirus software that creates a folder in every mailbox called SpamMail. I would like to managed this folder to remove the messages older than 30 days. How can I managed a existing folder? I have tried different ways but if I create a new managed folder called SpamMail a new folder is created inside managed folders folder in the mailbox and ignores the existing one. Any ideas? Thanks. Hi Manuel, this are the usual steps: 1. Organisation Configuration -> Managed Default or Custom Folders -> New Managed Folder 1.1 Design the folder like you need ...

E-Mail Conversion
I've been using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Trial on Windows Vista, but I am now going to be going back to XP more often. (Although I'm not getting rid of Vista nor the Office on there yet.) On XP, I have Microsoft Office XP Professional. My problem is, I'm wanting to import all of my e-mails I had in Outlook 2007 into Outlook 2002, but it won't import them. Also, if I try to open an e-mail, I get a message saying that the e-mail requires Office 2003 or newer to open them. How can I get the message converted back into something Outlook 2002 will read? Actually, i...

Routing mails to another mail server in same machine
Hi I have Exchange 2003 in a machine listening at port 25. I would like to direct all mails received by it to another mail server listening at port 10025 in the same machine. I tried SMTP connectors but I m not sure how to send it to a particular port in the same machine. Any ideas? Thanx Jag On 8 Nov 2006 03:18:28 -0800, "Jag" <jagathishp@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi > >I have Exchange 2003 in a machine listening at port 25. I would like to >direct all mails received by it to another mail server listening at >port 10025 in the same machine. I tried SMTP connecto...

sending mail when multiple accounts exist
I am using OL98 with WinXP and I am observing that with three different mail accounts that are set up I am only able to actually send mail when I select the default account. Is this normal behavior or am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any tips! John Keith kd0gd@juno.com Only your POP mail acct will work with OL98. No web mail at all like juno or hotmail. "John Keith" wrote: > I am using OL98 with WinXP and I am observing that with three > different mail accounts that are set up I am only able to actually > send mail when I select the default account. Is this n...

OWA Filter Junk Mail Feature
Hi everyone, We are using Exchange 2003 and have recently installed GFI MailEssentials 10, and according to them, we have to get each user to manually enable the "Junk Mail Filter" in Outlook Web Access under Options -> Privacy and Junk E-mail Prevention section. Now to where I need some help, I would like to know how I can set that at the server globally so I don't have to get every user to manually go and set it, surely it can be done? Thanks in advance, Matthew Byrne OzPacific wrote: > Hi everyone, > > We are using Exchange 2003 and have recently installed GF...

Integration Manager Relationships
I am getting an error on an integration manager Version 10. The error is due to the relationship between two datasources. Both datasources are coming from the same SQL table. The two datasources are related using two fields (one varchar the other number) The error is: Ucase is not a recognized built in function name. If I remove one of the two relationships, the process works. Any ideas will be appreciated. -- Patti Go to each data source and make sure the columns in question are of the same data type. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Busi...

about Collections
Hi! The ArrayList support the ICollection and IEnumerable. Below is three ways to iterate through a collection of an instance of an ArrayList object. I just find it's easier to iterate though a collection by using the for loop or the foreach so my question is when is it better or more appropriate to use the Enumerator. static void Main(string[] args) { ArrayList list = new ArrayList(); list.Add(1); list.Add("hej"); //Using the foor loop for (int i = 0; i < list.Count; i++) { Console.WriteLine(li...

Forwarding failed mail
Maybe I'm missing something, but forwarding failed mail is a nightmare. I can either forward the NDR or the e- mail, but not both. Exchange 5.5 would have the failed mail as an attachment when you forwarded it, so the correct recipient could see it was "failed mail"?? ...

Human Resources Mass roll-up of Age Based Life Insurance
Product Suggestion in brief: Age based insurance Premium need to roll-up on Jan 1st following their birthday, NOT on their birthdate. The below details the situation. Thanks. Girish ------------------------------ Hi, I have a question on Age-based Insurance Premium calculation for Life Insurance Set-up (Tools > Setup > Human Resources > Benefits and deductions > Life Insurance). Right now it is age based with age buckets. The premium per 10,000 for age bracket 1-29 is 0.24 and for age bracket 30-34 is 0.28. My birthday is 08/26/1975. My premium increased on 08/27/2005. ...

My spreadsheet prints the letter at the top of each column
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello! I'm trying to print some spreadsheets and every time I do, the A, B, C, D (generic) title of the Excel columns come out above my named titles for each column. Whenever I try to do &quot;set print area&quot; it includes the standard rows and columns that appear in gray. How can I remove these, as they are not necessary? <br><br>Thank you! File> Page Setup - Sheet - Clear the check on Row & Column Headings. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 6/5/10 1:49 ...

Contact manager in Outlook 2003
I used to keep my histopy of contacts in the contacts section of Outlook. If I sent an email I simply copied it into the entry. Now we have the contact manager and I can't copy emails into the entry, but this doesn't matter because we can use the link to history feature. The email gets listed in the contact manager entry and we can see our history - much neater and generally better than before. Now here is my question. What happens when the email gets archived. Is the link to history amended to point to the archive, or just it just get lost??? Bob ...

Starting off with templates when replying to e mail
I want to use a template to when repkying to email. I cant get a template into the reply pane without being thrown into word. This way i cut and paste it back to the reply pane. How can i stay in the reply pane and insert a template..thanks.. Using office 2003 and windows xp You might want to create your reply "templates" as signatures you can = insert with Outlook or as Word AutoText if you use Word as your email = editor.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook ...

How do I sort alphabetically by last letter in Excel?
I have a pile of email addresses and i would like to go through them ordered by company to see how many we have from each company and see who we have of interest in our list? the list is ordered alphabetically and i would like it remain ordered alphabetically but in the style of a rhyming dictionary ie last letter given highest priority and the first letter the lowest. I am suprised i couldnt find the answer in help because this is normally used for lists of dates. ie put the year first, month second and day last then you have from the date a numeric sequence corresponding to chronologi...

Cannot Sent pop mail
I have a client with a strange problem. Outlook 2003, WinXP Sp2 The system was sending and receiving mail fine last week. It now only receives mail. I get an error during the send/receive that the server cannot be reached. I double checked the account settings, removed and recreated the account. I created the account in OE and it works fine. I then imported the OE account into Outlook and still I cannot send. In ran Detect and Repair and still no send. I ran winfix to rebuild the TCP stack. I scanned with Adaware and Spybot and the system is clean. I uninstalled Norton 2004 and installe...

Exchange 2003 Public Folder mail has IPM.POST-type
When I send a mail to a Exchange 2003 mail-enabled public folder from another site its type is IPM.POST instead of IPM.NOTE which was the default for Exchange 5.5. I know this is a known issue and that it has been resolved with a patch in Exchange 2000 - apparently after a lot of preassure from customers - but the problem has not been solved in Exchange 2003, i.e., Microsoft has not migrated the patch - or have I missed something? A Microsoft employer suggested in the newgroups that the fix was included in Exchange 2003 because the version of the files where newer but changing the registry a...

Project Management for Outlook
Hi, is there any solution to pump up Outlook for Project Management? Thanks Paul -- Paul Goldmann Paul Goldmann <paul.goldmann@msn.com> wrote: > is there any solution to pump up Outlook for Project Management? Microsoft sells Microsoft Project for project management. I can't imagine they'd want to remove revenue from that by changing Outlook. -- Brian Tillman 3 seconds on google found this: http://www.trackeroffice.com/ -- I hope this helps you at least a little bit! Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook read my a...

XML Serialization and custom collections
I am getting XML from a dataset that has been populated via a storedprocedure no schemas have been applied nor any relationships. But the correct table names have been given to match the table(s) equivalent business object(s). I have a custom collection that implements ICollection and IEnumerable. Here is the collection: Imports ERP.BusinessObjects Imports ERP.BusinessObjects.Helpdesk Imports ICTObjects.Collections Imports System.Xml.Serialization Namespace Collections <Serializable()> _ Public Class BusinessObjectCollection : Implements ICollection, IEnumerable ...

Mail to my wife doesn't reach her...sometimes
hi all i have exc2003 and outlook 2003 in my org and i'm the network admin. some of the mails that i send to my wife doesn'e reach her. her adress is meyer(nospam)m@swartland.(nospam)org.za. However if she sends me a mail it always come throught and if i reply it also goes through but if i create a new mail and send it to her it doesn't always goes through. on which side is this problem. her network or mine? can't tell, without more information...have you done any message tracking on the messages that do not make it? any NDR involved? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "...

Contract Managment
I'm testing out Contract managment. I see that you can create contracts from AR invoices. It creates is but I don't see the contract in Contract Managment. Does anyone know if there is a switch I am missing? Thanks, S When you create the contract from Sales Transaction -Extras-Additional-Sales Contract, the contract is actually created when the invoice is posted. When you post the batch you should see a message box pop up asking "Do you want the Audit Trail?" Click YES and you get a report of the contracts created. DavidF. "Sherry" wrote: > I'm te...

e-mail doesn't leave
I am not new to outlook, but I don't know what to do. Recently, Outlook will not send e-mails. I get a variety of messages, and essentially they say there is an interuption and/or a problem with my isp.( error 0x80042109) My isp is comcast and they only service outlook express; they suggest calling MS and MS wants money. I refuse to pay for help with outlook: A few years ago I was at a MS tech meeting(as a biz user) and a man got up to speak. He said more people have cursed his name than anyother person on earth. He was a co-developer of Outlook. I also recently downloaded IE7 and ...

XmlSerializer Collection with Collections #2