Collection Letter Category

Hello All,

Can any one tell me How can I get Collection Letter list in Letter Writing
Assistant. I'm using GP 10.0.
In Letter Writing Assistant it is not showing the Collection.
All others (Customer, Vendor etc) are available. All security permission are
been granted but no effect

Plz help.

Hi Shahzad,
This issue has been posted twice recently and no resolution has been found.
Please create a support incident with Microsoft Business Solutions either
through your account in CustomerSource/PartnerSource or by calling
888-477-7877. Feel free to post your solution back to the newsgroup.

Thanks,
-Mike

--
Micheal LoPatriello
Coordinator,

"Shahzad Sarang" wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Can any one tell me How can I get Collection Letter list in Letter Writing
> Assistant. I'm using GP 10.0.
> In Letter Writing Assistant it is not showing the Collection.
> All others (Customer, Vendor etc) are available. All security permission are
> been granted but no effect
>
> Plz help.

0
mlopat (88)
9/10/2007 2:26:02 PM
Shahzad, I agree with Michael's comments to create a support incident
report..  I did research the knowledgebase and found an article regarding the
collection letters, but it didn't seem to work; would be interested what MBS
solution is.  Thanks, rc

"Micheal LoPatriello" wrote:

> Hi Shahzad,
> This issue has been posted twice recently and no resolution has been found.
> Please create a support incident with Microsoft Business Solutions either
> through your account in CustomerSource/PartnerSource or by calling
> 888-477-7877. Feel free to post your solution back to the newsgroup.
>
> Thanks,
> -Mike
>
> --
> Micheal LoPatriello
> Coordinator,
> Luna Development
> mlopat@lunadevelopment.com
> http://www.lunadevelopment.com
>

> "Shahzad Sarang" wrote:
>
> > Hello All,
> >
> > Can any one tell me How can I get Collection Letter list in Letter Writing
> > Assistant. I'm using GP 10.0.
> > In Letter Writing Assistant it is not showing the Collection.
> > All others (Customer, Vendor etc) are available. All security permission are
> > been granted but no effect
> >
> > Plz help.

0
RC (240)
9/10/2007 9:06:01 PM
but the fear is that my customer is not willing to bear a cost of getting
error fixed

support incidents usually cost 75$ in our region

"rc" wrote:

> Shahzad, I agree with Michael's comments to create a support incident
> report..  I did research the knowledgebase and found an article regarding the
> collection letters, but it didn't seem to work; would be interested what MBS
> solution is.  Thanks, rc
>
> "Micheal LoPatriello" wrote:
>
> > Hi Shahzad,
> > This issue has been posted twice recently and no resolution has been found.
> > Please create a support incident with Microsoft Business Solutions either
> > through your account in CustomerSource/PartnerSource or by calling
> > 888-477-7877. Feel free to post your solution back to the newsgroup.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Mike
> >
> > --
> > Micheal LoPatriello
> > Coordinator,
> > Luna Development
> > mlopat@lunadevelopment.com
> > http://www.lunadevelopment.com
> >

> > "Shahzad Sarang" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello All,
> > >
> > > Can any one tell me How can I get Collection Letter list in Letter Writing
> > > Assistant. I'm using GP 10.0.
> > > In Letter Writing Assistant it is not showing the Collection.
> > > All others (Customer, Vendor etc) are available. All security permission are
> > > been granted but no effect
> > >
> > > Plz help.

If it's a bug or an error, then there is no charge. However, if its an
oversight (i.e. something that's in the documentation, then there will be a
charge) If you did your research, then you should be confident filing the
case. Besides how much is your time worth in your region with the amount of
time you've spent working on this so far?

-Mike

--

"Shahzad Sarang" wrote:

> but the fear is that my customer is not willing to bear a cost of getting
> error fixed
>
> support incidents usually cost 75$ in our region
>
> "rc" wrote:
>
> > Shahzad, I agree with Michael's comments to create a support incident
> > report..  I did research the knowledgebase and found an article regarding the
> > collection letters, but it didn't seem to work; would be interested what MBS
> > solution is.  Thanks, rc
> >
> > "Micheal LoPatriello" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Shahzad,
> > > This issue has been posted twice recently and no resolution has been found.
> > > Please create a support incident with Microsoft Business Solutions either
> > > through your account in CustomerSource/PartnerSource or by calling
> > > 888-477-7877. Feel free to post your solution back to the newsgroup.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > -Mike
> > >
> > > --
> > > Micheal LoPatriello
> > > Coordinator,
> > > Luna Development
> > > mlopat@lunadevelopment.com
> > > http://www.lunadevelopment.com

0
mlopat (88)

How do I sort letters before numbers in Excel?
I want to sort contract numbers in Excel the same way we do in our filing system at work. Our contracts contain both numbers and letters, but excel won't let me sort the contracts with the letters first. For example: Excel sorts our contract numbers like this: 123ABC123 ABC123123 ABCABC123 .... and so on I want to sort them like this: ABCABC123 ABC123123 123ABC123 .... etc. Is there any way to do this in excel? I've tried creating new lists, but they don't seem to make a difference, particularly with the numbers. The default in excel is set to sort numbers before letter...

XmlSerializer Collection with Collections

How do I sort alphabetically by last letter in Excel?
I have a pile of email addresses and i would like to go through them ordered by company to see how many we have from each company and see who we have of interest in our list? the list is ordered alphabetically and i would like it remain ordered alphabetically but in the style of a rhyming dictionary ie last letter given highest priority and the first letter the lowest. I am suprised i couldnt find the answer in help because this is normally used for lists of dates. ie put the year first, month second and day last then you have from the date a numeric sequence corresponding to chronologi...

about Collections
Hi! The ArrayList support the ICollection and IEnumerable. Below is three ways to iterate through a collection of an instance of an ArrayList object. I just find it's easier to iterate though a collection by using the for loop or the foreach so my question is when is it better or more appropriate to use the Enumerator. static void Main(string[] args) { ArrayList list = new ArrayList(); list.Add(1); list.Add("hej"); //Using the foor loop for (int i = 0; i < list.Count; i++) { Console.WriteLine(li...

My spreadsheet prints the letter at the top of each column
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello! I'm trying to print some spreadsheets and every time I do, the A, B, C, D (generic) title of the Excel columns come out above my named titles for each column. Whenever I try to do &quot;set print area&quot; it includes the standard rows and columns that appear in gray. How can I remove these, as they are not necessary? <br><br>Thank you! File> Page Setup - Sheet - Clear the check on Row & Column Headings. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 6/5/10 1:49 ...

VCF file and the Category field
I have a VBScript that I created to take fields from a web page and create a VCF file from those fields. I have it working correctly and saving the file as I need it to do, but I'm looking to add in the Category field to my VCF file. I've been looking around but haven't found anything that will let me do this. Can this even be done? This is my vcard information: BEGIN:VCARD VERSION:2.1 N:Someguy;firstname; FN:firstname someguy ORG:microsoft TITLE:janitor TEL;WORK;VOICE:(800) 273-0876 ADR;WORK:;;123 anywhere st.;anytown;MI;93827;United States of America LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUO...

Whats that 3 letter term?
I'm looking for a term that's a 3 letter acronym. It's on the tip of my tongue. Typically it describes users/group and the permissions they have. ACL?? hth DDS "Robbie" <me@nospam.com> wrote in message news:usbaJrvZKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I'm looking for a term that's a 3 letter acronym. It's on the tip of my > tongue. Typically it describes users/group and the permissions they have. Bingo. Thanks Danny "Danny Sanders" <dsanders@NOSPAMbrakesplus.com> wrote in message news:#W6HvxvZKHA.2160@...

Remove last letter from entries in a column
I have a long list of first names but some have a middle initial after their first name that I need to drop from the entire list. Sample would be: "Jennifer A" Can anyone tell me what function/code I could use to drop that last single letter from every row in that column, or leave it alone, if there is not a single letter at the end? Thank you! Sub striplastltr() For Each c In Range("g2:g" & Cells(Rows.Count, "g").End(xlUp).row) If InStr(c, " ") > 0 Then c.value = Left(c, InStr(c, " ")) Next End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid ...

Categories #2
I would make an expense category called 'savings,' then sub-categories for each area. What you didn't assign would be 'unassigned' when you ran a report. That would be your 'extra' amount. You could run a simple single category report by month, year or all dates. Lynn ...

Search combined categories (as search folders) in Outlook 2007
Hello, Is there any way to make search folder use 2 (or more) categories for searching, using logical "AND" between them? I've tried using various advanced settings but the only result I got is searching with logical "OR". Example: Message #1: Categories: A,B Message #2: Categories: B,C Message #3: Categories: A,C What I expect is to create search folder named "A+C" which would contain only Mesage #3 but not #1 and #2. Now everything I've tried ended with getting all example messages in search results. Please help Regards, M. &quo...

How do I use small letters in dates or numbers like 1st or 2nd
When I type dates, I would like to use 1st or 2nd with small letters raised following the number. How do I do this in Publisher. jnb1258 wrote: > When I type dates, I would like to use 1st or 2nd with small letters raised > following the number. How do I do this in Publisher. Format the "st", "nd", "rd", or "th" with superscript. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org "Ed Bennett" wrote: > jnb1258 wrote: > > When I type dates, I would like to use 1st or 2nd with small letters raised > > foll...

XML Serialization and custom collections
I am getting XML from a dataset that has been populated via a storedprocedure no schemas have been applied nor any relationships. But the correct table names have been given to match the table(s) equivalent business object(s). I have a custom collection that implements ICollection and IEnumerable. Here is the collection: Imports ERP.BusinessObjects Imports ERP.BusinessObjects.Helpdesk Imports ICTObjects.Collections Imports System.Xml.Serialization Namespace Collections <Serializable()> _ Public Class BusinessObjectCollection : Implements ICollection, IEnumerable ...

Font letter & numbers turning in to empty square boxes
Pub 2003 started to change numbers into empty square boxes. The problem is I have 16 pages and to create or carry over the info would take 2 days to fix. It appears it happens in the present file but the same info in a new pub file works. There are no viruses. XP OS 1 What causes this? 2 Can I import or copy the present file into a new pub2003 filw w/o bringing over the corruption? The troublesome font is Arial Narrow / Garamond but it works fine in all other programs. 3 Can I repair the present pub 2003 file? I have twiddled with this and I can't find anything on the web. It could be a ...

XmlSerializer Collection with Collections #2

over score over a letter
how do i put ` mark over top of the letter e such as in Beef Jardinie`re First type ` and then type the letter; the result will be: �. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "deb" <deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA7B9FD1-B917-4A50-A874-8B7794C317AA@microsoft.com... > how do i put ` mark over top of the letter e such as in Beef Jardinie`re But note that that is an accent, not an overscore. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Stefan Blom" <Stef...

Problems I got from collecting data feature of Access 2007
I at first think the collect data through Outlook in Access 2007 is very interesting. But I tried it in multiple platforms, seems like it doesn't always work fine. I got the following problems: 1. There is always having delay to receive the email from the sender. Some of the email addresses haven't received any email from the sender so far. 2. The e-mail client has to support HTML. The SENDMAIL developed by Google which my school is using doesn't support this, I guess. When I try to reply the receiving email, the content body is blank; the form cannot be displayed. 3. Even ...

Best Way to Handle Recreating Accounts and Category Info
My HD crashed and most of the data in Money 2004 Small Biz was lost. (At the same time I was served a notice from the IRS that I am being audited for Charitable Contributions and Employee Non Reimbursements.) I have received copies of all bank statements and scanned them into excel and am now converting to QIF files that will be imported into Money. Questions: 1. In order to recreate checking, savings, mortgage, car loans, and credit card accounts, should I create these accounts in Money first with a zero balance prior to import? 2. Before import, should I also edit the QIF file for all cate...

Collection Letters
I have recent modified our collection letters to suit our business needs. I am fairly new to GP and I need assistance in change the date format to Australian setup. Your assistance is appreciated. ...

Data Collection Question
Greetings, everyone... Please help me. I have designed a slef paced presentation to instruct employees on something. I want to include one ot two slides at the end which will accept typed-in answers to questions to test the employees retention and knowledge. I want the presentation to then dump the answers into some sort of file for later review by the training staff. Any ideas? Thanks in advance... Russ Wrong group news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.powerpoint -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "...

Allforms Collection in another db (A2007)
I want to walk through the Allforms collection (and the querydefs, etc collections) from one db("object") to another("source") (both A2007). I want to use the last modified date from the source db to populate a listbox on the object db. I'll then ask the user to select the forms (queries, etc.) he wants to transfer to the object db. Similar to the Access Wizard, except the Access Import wizard doesn't tell me anything about the forms, queries, etc. I'm transferring. Anyway, how do I refer to the forms collection on another database using vba? ...

first letter of text box referece
i have created a user input form in VBA, which works fine. "organisation" is a field on the form if a user enters an organisation beggining with letters A-F for example, i want the data entered to go into sheet 1. if the organisation begins with G-L, i want it to go into sheet 2 etc... i have managed such a formula in excel, but does not work in VB. my current attempt looks like this: If Organisation.Value(Left >= CHAR(65), Left <= CHAR(70)) Then ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("sheet1").Activate Range("A2").Select ElseIf Organisation.Value(Left >= CHAR(71)...

Any way to customize asset allocation categories in Money 2004?
I want to be able to assign my own asset allocation categories to Microsoft Money to be able to group by them. For instance, Money would view a precious metals mutual fund as only a "mutual fund", but for me, it's really a separate investment class I want categorized under "precious metals". I'm pretty sure these categories aren't editable, so I was wondering if anyone has found a workaround (besides creating a separate Excel spreadsheet, which I already did). Thanks. Many of us wish for it. Instead we get Essential * and turn to Excel. <matty_lewis@yah...

Printing Letters in Campaign Activity
Hi In Campaign Activity, when I create a letter and distribute it...the letter appears in a grid (Letters Created on the Left pane)...I need a button to print these letters. So i have added one on the topmost menu bar. I am using a RDL report to print the letters.When I click on the button i get a blank RDL report. I guess the reason is that the RDL is not getting the activityid of the letters in the Grid. How do I pass the activity id of the grid letters to the button(RDL)? Thanks Rahul Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Build a Cross-Browser ASP.NET CSS-Onl...

Category Q
M2004, In looking over a report I created, I noticed many expenses listed on report did not have a sub category designation. For example: UTILITIES has Gas & Electric as choices, but somehow I didn't enter the transaction correctly, so many went to just UTILITIES. Is there a way to force a sub category if one exists? I have single line checked in options. Would unchecking it give me my desired results? I just want to avoid an extra step if possible. Thanks, Scott Unchecking the Single List check box would make the way to use subcategories more obvious. But, apparently, this is not w...

Add Notes to Credit Memos for Collections Management
Would like ability to Add Notes to Credit Memos for Collections Management. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9576abfa-13b7-41b9-b471-f52334ff05db&dg=micro...