cloning a copy of FRx

We are using Microsoft Dynamics GP ver. 10.0 and FRx ver. 6.7.  We are trying
to discover how, when we make a clone of our production server on to a test
server, to clone FRx also.  When we have done this in the past, the cloned
FRx spec set on test actually changes the spec set for the production or
‘live’ server.  Of course, once we hear from the users about errors they’re
receiving, we change the spec set back.  But now the test server is pointing
to the live spec set.  It seems to allow only one way or the other.
When we asked our VAR, their response was: if you want the cloned FRx client
to use another \sysdata location you’ll have to install and register the new
location from an FRx client. Once that’s established you can copy the *.f32
(spec set) files to that location and manage that system independently. And
we are not disagreeing with this.  But our question is: is there no other
method of cloning FRx without having to reinstall and re-register?

Any help will be appreciated

Patti

Patti,

In FRx Report Designer make sure that you are logged as admin, and then go
to Company --> Specification Sets and make sure you set the path of the new
folder at your test environment instead of the live server.

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"Patti" wrote:

> We are using Microsoft Dynamics GP ver. 10.0 and FRx ver. 6.7.  We are trying
> to discover how, when we make a clone of our production server on to a test
> server, to clone FRx also.  When we have done this in the past, the cloned
> FRx spec set on test actually changes the spec set for the production or
> ‘live’ server.  Of course, once we hear from the users about errors they’re
> receiving, we change the spec set back.  But now the test server is pointing
> to the live spec set.  It seems to allow only one way or the other.
> When we asked our VAR, their response was: if you want the cloned FRx client
> to use another \sysdata location you’ll have to install and register the new
> location from an FRx client. Once that’s established you can copy the *.f32
> (spec set) files to that location and manage that system independently. And
> we are not disagreeing with this.  But our question is: is there no other
> method of cloning FRx without having to reinstall and re-register?
>
> Any help will be appreciated
>
> Patti
Mohammad is right (of course), you do not have to reinstall FRx, but if you
clone it all of the paths are going to be pointing to production if you are
using UNC path names. Along with the the SysData folder location as Mohammad
mentioned, you also need to go into your specification set definitions and
change the location of the spec set file. Even with the SysData folder
changed, your spec sets may still be pointed to the production server.

There is also a file which can redirect all users to a SysData folder that
does not match the folder specified in the admin instructions. The name
escapes me now, but FRx has a ton of hard-coded pathing in it.

Kind regards,

Leslie

"Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:

> Patti,
>
> In FRx Report Designer make sure that you are logged as admin, and then go
> to Company --> Specification Sets and make sure you set the path of the new
> folder at your test environment instead of the live server.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Mohammad R. Daoud
> MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> mohdaoud@gmail.com
> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
>

> "Patti" wrote:
>
> > We are using Microsoft Dynamics GP ver. 10.0 and FRx ver. 6.7.  We are trying
> > to discover how, when we make a clone of our production server on to a test
> > server, to clone FRx also.  When we have done this in the past, the cloned
> > FRx spec set on test actually changes the spec set for the production or
> > ‘live’ server.  Of course, once we hear from the users about errors they’re
> > receiving, we change the spec set back.  But now the test server is pointing
> > to the live spec set.  It seems to allow only one way or the other.
> > When we asked our VAR, their response was: if you want the cloned FRx client
> > to use another \sysdata location you’ll have to install and register the new
> > location from an FRx client. Once that’s established you can copy the *.f32
> > (spec set) files to that location and manage that system independently. And
> > we are not disagreeing with this.  But our question is: is there no other
> > method of cloning FRx without having to reinstall and re-register?
> >
> > Any help will be appreciated
> >
> > Patti

Sum value between two dates and copy to new cell
Hi Guys, Thanks for all the previous helps and guidance on excel sheet and im looking forward for new assistants. i've various dates in column A and values in column B. These values should sum and copy to column E according to date between column C & D, example as below, A B C D E Total 04/01/2010 12 01/01/2010 28/02/2010 02/04/2010 133 01/03/2010 30/04/2010 05/06/2010 154 01/05/2010 30/06/2010 03/04/2010 112 01/07/2010 31/08/2010 05/05/2010 65 01/09/2010 31/10/2010 06/07/2010 34 01/11/2010 31/12/2010 02/01/2010 26 02/0...

copy down
How can I prevent this? Say column C2 has a number in it. Then I copy down and get same number as desired. BUT If I copy the entire line down the number in C2 increases by one on each line. Nothing in any formula increases the number in C by design. TIA SG Should any of the values be incremented? If no, then how about rightclicking on the autofill handle (you're autofilling by dragging that handle, right????) and then drag down. Then when you let go, you can choose Copy Cells (and not Fill Series). shakey wrote: > > How can I prevent this? > Say c...

Look for name and copy
Hello Is it possible to look in sheet1 in collum B to al te rows with the name John en copy al these rows to sheet2 and look for the name Mike and copy all these rows to sheet3? In want to update by opening the file and if possible with a button on the sheet (for if the file is already opened). I don`t know if this is possible. I tried some things but can`t get it don because i dont know much about VBA and formulas. Mayby there is something like this on the internet but i can find it. Ill hope somebody can help. -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.oper...

Copying emails to CDROM
I need to copy all emails in my INBOX & SENT folders to CDROM so I can access them via another computer. Please advise how this is done. I am usint Office 2000. Create a personal address book (PAB) which will create a .pst file. Then you can copy the .pst file to another location. You do this by going to tools, email accounts, add a new directory or address book. Click Address Book Click personal address book note the path so you can find it later. Apply, OK You will see "personal folders" in your list of folders. Create a sent and inbox folder, etc. Copy what you ...

Copying a Subreport and Changing Its DataSource
Hello, I have eight regional subreports to developed. I would like to develop one; and, for the others, just copy the original one and change the datasource. Is this possible? So far, all I see on the copied, pasted report is a blank, subreport control. Please help! -- phm phm - It would be easier to create one report that will work for all regions, and include a parameter to choose which region to run the report for. Only one report to maintain that way. -- Daryl S "phm" wrote: > Hello, > I have eight regional subreports to developed. ...

Cloning Austin Powers (with modifications)
Hi, Does anyone know how to do the following, for example, please? Cell A1 shows: Austin Powers, International Man of Mystery. However I'd like cell A2 to copy the information, but delete everything from the comma onwards automatically. So cell A2 should show: Austin Powers Thanks for your help, Dan. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Dan, Try the following formula. It works regardless of whether a comma exists in A1. =IF(ISERROR(FIND(",&...

How clone a view
Hi, can anybody tell me, how can I clone a view with dmo or TSQL? Thanks What do you mean by "clone" a view? You want to create an exact copy of the view somewhere? If so, on the SQL side you might start by querying INFORMATION_SCHEMA.VIEWS. There's a column called VIEW_DEFINITION that has the exact DDL CREATE VIEW statement in it. "Thomas Hase" <tohasremspam@freenet.de> wrote in message news:gi8pk594sfo314dr49t3r0tjitfno15nhr@4ax.com... > Hi, > > can anybody tell me, how can I clone a view > with dmo or TSQL? > > Tha...

Activate Move or Copy Sheet
I have accident press a macro that disable the Move or Copy Sheet of the right click at Sheet Tab. How do I activate back this button. If your workbook is protected, then that item is disabled. If move/copy is disable for each workbook, then you could try this: Open excel hit alt-f11 (to get to the VBE where macros live) hit ctrl-G (to see the immediate window) Type this in and hit enter: application.CommandBars("ply").Controls("move or copy...").Enabled = true Back to excel and check to see if it worked. If it didn't, you could try resetting all the options ...

copy and paste
Hi, I am using Excel 2007. When I copied a formula from one workbook to another, it pasted values of the copied cell and not the formula. I want it to paste exactly (formula or text) what I copied to another workbook. Is there somewhere in the Excel options that I need to change? I would like to set the default to paste what I copied unless I want paste value then I can select from paste special. Thanks Ashley The norm when copying and pasting a formula from one workbook to another workbook of the same version of Excel is for the result to be a formula. Just as when you ...

Cloning
Maybe not the right forum, but this is my question: If I want to clone a FAT 32 disk to a preformatted NTFS new disk. Is the cloning process then automatically going to change (re-format) the preformatted NTFS system on the target disk to FAT32, or do I have to first re-format the NTFS disk to FAT 32 before cloning? P.S. I want to keep FAT32 for some MAC/PC issues. Thanks for any advise. On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 00:13:30 +0200, Erdna wrote: > Maybe not the right forum, but this is my question: > If I want to clone a FAT 32 disk to a preformatted NTFS new disk. Is the >...

Copying multiple cells out of multiple worksheets at same time.
In Excel 2003 I was wondering if it is possible to copy multiple cells A1:O75 in multiple worksheets (sheet1, sheet2, sheet3, etc) and pasting them Consecutively into one work sheet (all records)? Thanks for the help. Tom Try: Code: -------------------- Sub movedata() Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:O75").Copy Sheets("Summary").Range("A1") Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A1:O75").Copy Sheets("Summary").Range("A76") Sheets("Sheet3").Range("A1:O75").Copy Sheets("S...

copy of exchange 2000
I don't suppose microsoft is providing Exchange 2000 as a free download anywhere are they?? Until we can afford to move up to SBS 2008 (hopefully later this year), I want to trash our SBS 2000 (too many issues with it) and simply install a win2k server with Exchange until we can move on. We are not using any of the other SBS components any longer anyway... If anyone knows where I might be able to get this from, I would be very appreciative! Thanks, Brad Why not look at BPOS? $10 per user a month it's a great inexpensive solution. You may find you do not ne...

in rules how can i copy info to another rule?
i want to copy info that i trped to a different rule with the same info You can make a copy of the rule and edit copy. Screenshot: http://slipstick.me/jing/rules.png -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM New Poll: What type of email account is your main account? http://forums...

copy problem
I've got a code that goes 2440A, 2440B, etc.,. I need to be able to copy over so that Excel will continue the pattern. Help is appreciated. Hi maybe something like ="2440" & CHAR(ROW(1:1)+64) >-----Original Message----- >I've got a code that goes 2440A, 2440B, etc.,. I need to >be able to copy over so that Excel will continue the >pattern. Help is appreciated. >. > With 2440A in A1, try: ="2440"&CHAR(CODE(RIGHT(A1))+1) and copy down. It'll work up to 2440Z. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I...

How to copy and paste search results into this forum
I have about 30 line items of files that I wanted to post for feedback . I took a screenshot but I don't seem to be able to past it into a question that I want to leave here. Is there some tip that would help me be able to copy and paste the information from a files search into here without having to type each line individually? Thanks. "carl43m" <carl43m@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94CDF9AB-2A5E-442D-B98C-2A9B97AACD3C@microsoft.com... > I have about 30 line items of files that I wanted to post for feedback . I > took a screensho...

blind copies in sent mail file
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do I look at, or better yet, list, the blind copies on my sent e-mail? On 2/10/10 8:06 PM, in article 59bb2a27.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Lynn_Drayton@officeformac.com" <Lynn_Drayton@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do I look at, or > better yet, list, the blind copies on my sent e-mail? If you open the message into its own window by double-clicking it in the message pane, you'll see the Bcc header line. If it is a group name, Control-cli...

Saving a copy of a sent message to another account.
Hi I am wondering how to save a copy of a sent email to another account so that I can check that people in the company are using the email facility correctly. Sorry if this seems a basic query, but its doing my head in!!! Cheers Dear JAke, I don�t know if I understand your question correctly, but if you need a copy of every sent email you could create an Outlook rule. a.) Copy of an email after sending into another "Public Folder": "After sent of an email copy this email into "public folder sent items user1" or b.): Sent a copy of every sent email to another ...

Copying object Data
Hello, I was trying to copy the data from 1 object of certain entity and assign it to a new entity using crm sdk. For ex: I have a quote entity, I want to copy all the data of that quote. Next create a new empty quote and then assign the value from the existing quote that i got earlier changing few attribute values like statecode,etc. Please point me to the right direction as to how this can be achieve using crm sdk. Thanks On Oct 1, 5:52=A0pm, Abby <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > I was trying to copy the data from 1 object of certain entity and assign = ...

Copy dialog resource
Hi How can i copy a dilaog resource of one project from VC6 IDE to another project. Any help Regards Tariq Tariq, Open both resource files, drag the dialog template (while holding down Ctrl) from one to the other. Copy the cpp and h-files manually and add themto the new project. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Tariq" <Tariq@asd.com> skrev i meddelandet news:eCPvgojaEHA.2388@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi > > How can i copy a dilaog resource of one project from VC6 IDE to another > project. Any help > > Regards > > Tariq > > I did as...

Copying Excel 2007 Charts as picture into Word
Having a heck of a time trying to automate a process where we copy Excel 2007 charts and paste to a Word document as pictures. The code works and copies all of the relevant ranges from Excel. But when pasting to Word the chart disappears? Not a problem when the desired exhibit being pasted is all text from Excel. But for some reason the chart object (and it doesn't matter what kind of chart, line, bar, pie, etc.) won't copy over to the Word document. Never had this problem in earlier versions of Excel. Always pasted charts fine. Copying out of Excel using: objXL.Range...

Purchase Orders copying (URGENT HELP PLEASE)
Can the purchase orders from one database be copied to the new live database. One of my customers had a database with several purchase order and now he has created a new database but he want his purchase orders to come over tot he new database. ...

Rule to copy mail from additional accounts
G'day everyone I have my own e-mail account on my company's server, but I also have read/write access to a few other mailboxes. It has become important that I make informal backups of the mails in those other accounts. I created a rule that all incoming mails from that other account is automatically copied into a backup folder on my hard drive... but even if I create this rule while my focus or cursor is on the other account, Outlook 2000 only executes the rule on my own personal account. Is there a way to force Outlook to execute a copymail rule on all accounts that the user has r...

copy a lookup in a range without advancing the cell reference
It's driving me crazy! It seems like I could use the auto fill function and it would keep the correct cell references for the lookup. What am I doing wrong? Without seeing the formula I would say you should make the Table references Absolute. =VLOOKUP(D2,$A$1:$C$25,2,FALSE) D2 will change as you autofill but the Table will stay the same. OR give your Table an defined name. =VLOOKUP(D2,myTable,2,FALSE) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 10:20:33 -0700, garcam <garcam@runbox.com> wrote: >It's driving me crazy! It seems like I could use the auto fill >f...

copying worksheets
can you copy worksheets without doing it one at a time if you want like 50 worksheets that are all the same in the same workbook? I'd use a macro. A simple example: Sub DupSheet() Dim Counter As Integer Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Counter = 1 To 50 ActiveSheet.Copy , Worksheets(ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count) ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet" & Counter + 1 ''Modify as needed Next End Sub -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "tea1952" <tea1952@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F20593D-676C-4450-B1AE-7913CC1B01E8@...

Move or Copy Sheet is Disabled
In the Edit menu the Delete Sheet and Move or Copy Sheet functions ar not enabled. Also, when I try to right click the worksheet tab, don't get any response, even though the right click works inside th sheet itself. Would someone please tell me how to get this workin again? I need your help. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Right Click on edit then goto customize clcik the commands tab the clcik edit you should then be able to add delete sheet to edit again Also the sheet may be protected and hence the reason you can not delet it. does it ask you to enable ...