client not connecting to cube

I am trying to connect GP client to cube server that is installed. In the
excel pivot table setup window in GP I fill in the two fields:
" Default SQL Server 2005 Analysis Server" field: DS-SRV-01\GP_Cubes
" Default  Analysis Server OLAP Database" field: GP Analysis Cubes

I am able to connect from Excel to the Cubes. I am not able to browse from
fields out to the Sql Server to pull correct field entries.

I am getting a cannot connect to  GP Analysis Cubes .... error.

Any ideas are greatly appriciated.
0
2020 (110)

Did you change the default name of the Analysis Server OLAP database during
the install?

Typically, the install creates an SSAS database called "Dynamics GP Analysis
Cubes" and not just "GP Analysis Cubes" as you have typed.

"2020" wrote:

> I am trying to connect GP client to cube server that is installed. In the
> excel pivot table setup window in GP I fill in the two fields:
> " Default SQL Server 2005 Analysis Server" field: DS-SRV-01\GP_Cubes
> " Default  Analysis Server OLAP Database" field: GP Analysis Cubes
>
> I am able to connect from Excel to the Cubes. I am not able to browse from
> fields out to the Sql Server to pull correct field entries.
>
> I am getting a cannot connect to  GP Analysis Cubes .... error.
>
> Any ideas are greatly appriciated.
0
GPDavid (20)

Soap client
Hello. How could I consume Web services created using c# with soap client written on c++6.0 ? I can't use .net on client app. Thanks in advance. Look for the COM-based SOAP Toolkit on the MSDN download web site [0]. Check out the MSDN Library [1] for some articles on interoperability issues. -- HTH Christoph Schittko [MVP] Software Architect, .NET Mentor [0] http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/downloads/sample.asp?url=/msdn-files/027/001/948/msdncompositedoc.xml [1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/library "Ulan" <usametov@hotmail.com> wrote in messa...

Installing multiple Sales for Outlook clients
Is it possible to install multiple Sales for Outlook clients via script/msi upon user log on to network, or must all clents be installed MANUALLY? jorgen.b Jorgen Many have trid to figure this out but I have not heard of anyone having any success with automating the install of SFO. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 18 Jan 2005 05:08:49 -0800, "jorgen.b" <lunarleaper@yahoo.com> wrote: Is it possible to install multiple Sales for Outlook clients via script/msi upon user log on to network, or ...

XADM: You Receive a Non-Delivery Report When You Send Mail Over an X.400 Connection
I'm looking for hotfix listed in the following link: XADM: You Receive a Non-Delivery Report When You Send Mail Over an X.400 Connection http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;819851 How do I get this? I didn't find at TechNet... You have to call PSS: "To resolve this problem, contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the fix." "Andre Leibovici" <andre_leibovici@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OyiEgKcvEHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I'm looking for hotfix listed in the following link: > > XADM: You Receive...

HQ Client Server over VPN
In the HQ Client configuration, many of you state that the IP address should be entered for the remote server address in stead of server name. Which IP address is that when you are connecting from a laptop(HQ server) to PC inside the store (HQ client) over VPN? I could be accessing from home or Starbucks and the IP on the laptop changes. Also, since I connect to 2 stores, each store network assigns a different DHCP Ip to the laptop when connected via laptop. ...

Block attachment size at Client
hi Is there anyway to limiting user using MS Outlook to attachment document which is more than 5MB? thanks "gbkhor" wrote in message news:OfmjM8pVIHA.3556@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > > Is there anyway to limiting user using MS Outlook to attachment > document which is more than 5MB? Sure. As the mail admin, you should be able to configure what is the maximum size of your customer's e-mails. gbkhor <gbkhor@time.net.my> wrote: > Is there anyway to limiting user using MS Outlook to attachment > document which is more than 5MB? You may be able to ...

Outlook 2003 not default MAPI client
I can't get Outlook 2003 set as my default MAPI client. I have answered "yes" when Outlook asks me if I want it to be the default email program, and I have set Outlook as the email program in Internet Explorer (under Tools|Internet Options|Programs). But still, when I click on a link in a browser windows such as someone@microsoft.com, up pops Outlook Express asking if I want it to be the default program. How can I set things so that when I click an email link, I get Outlook 2003, not Outlook Express? Many thanks for your help! Check the file associations for URL:MailTo Proto...

Installing RMS SP2 on W2K domain controller & clients
Just wanted to know in advance if this is ok. The RMS SP2 directions are very general re: computers, so I assume it doesnt matter, but our server install of RMS is running on a W2Ksp4 DC, with SQL ServerSP2. Dont want to break anything, so any insights are appreciated. The desktops are either XPsp1A or W2K sp3 /sp4. XPsp2 still is causing others hedaches, and really dont want to deal with it right now, have not installed it yet. Thanks Also, our server install is in a data path E:\PROG FILES\MSFT RMS\ETC, not on the C: partition. Is this an issue? I have read the post below re: 10 st...

4.0 Client Config error
The Client config returns an error with this in the server log; Exception information: Exception type: HttpParseException Exception message: Could not create type 'Microsoft.Crm.Sdk.Crm2007.CrmDiscoveryServiceAD'. Request information: Request URL: http://toshiba2002:5555/MSCRMServices/2007/AD/CrmDiscoveryService.asmx Request path: /MSCRMServices/2007/AD/CrmDiscoveryService.asmx The web client works OK, and I also get this same error when I try to connect the DMManager. The Server is SBE. Any ideas? -- Thanx Grizz Dear see this http://support.micros...

Outlook Client: Syncronise other peoples calendars
Hi, Is it possible to let the Outlook client bring in other peoples appointments in CRM. We want all our sales team to see all appointments in Outlook, We this to happen by default rather than having to add attendees each time. -- Thanks in advance Chris ...

MSCRM 3.0 Emails Not Sent from Laptop Client.. Works from Web Client
I'm attempting to chase down an issue with e-mail here. For some reason, our users using the Laptop client are experiencing an issue where after sending an e-mail through the E-Mail Activity, the e-mail appears properly in the History window, but the recipients never receive the message. >From the web client, this works without issue. I tested using both clients sending an e-mail activity to myself at both my internal corporate e-mail address and to my Gmail address. Both the e-mails from the web client arrived in their respective inboxes, the 2 sent from the laptop client did not. ...

Client Server using TCP/IP
Hi there... I want to write a small utility. It should be front- and backend running on different machines. I don't want to handle error correction or timeouts by myself. Communication is TCP/IP. How could I easyly do the communication? CSocket or something else. Thanks in advance Stefan "Stefan Kittel" <stefan.doofnase.kittel.NoSpam@web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OFsMb9ijFHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi there... > > I want to write a small utility. > It should be front- and backend running on different machines. > > I don't want to...

Outlook Laptop Client not functioning while other client working f
I have a new CRM3.0 Professional installation. Single server on win2k3 with sql 2000 with all service packs and patches. Multiple Windows XP Professional domain PCs also up to date on SP and patches. Runs under the Network Service account All of them are exhibiting the same behavior: The Web Client works flawlessly The Outlook Desktop (online) client works flawlessly The Outlook Laptop (offline/online) client doesnt. What happens is that when you start outlook with the laptop client you get a CRM login prompt. At that login prompt, I have tried SHORTDOMAIN\user user and user@DOMAIN.COM .....

Connection Problems
Hi! We migrated our domain from windows2000 to windows2k3 and now we have a problem with new outlook2000 profiles on nt clients (nt4, sp6a). if you want to install a new profile the client cant connect to the exchange server. error windows says network problems are preventing the client to connect to the server... this is only if you want create a new profile - former installed profiles run with no problems. if you type in an domain controller instead an exchange server the mailbox could be resolved without any problems. This is nice workaround, but if the user has an additional mailb...

how do i delete connected text boxes?
i need to delete a sperate section in a text box on Publisher. it's in the vintage newsletter and the Inside this issue section Unlink the text boxes, the text will stay in text box one. You will have to delete the text by elongating the first text box. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "drjones168" <drjones168@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2949781C-9685-4614-B7C3-2418E76C02D0@microsoft.com... > i need to delete a sperate section in a text box on Publisher. it's in the > vintage newsletter and the Inside this issue secti...

Add a REAL Outlook Client (rich client)
I believe MSFT is missing the boat on the implmenting a web only CRM solution. With the richness and market share of MS Outlook, using this product is slow, cumbersome, an frustrating compared to using Outlook applications. I know that if Microsoft could offer a rich/smart client version of CRM that has the rich UI like the rest of Outlook there would be no stopping it. The current product requires many clicks to accomplish a single task, let alone a series of task such as acting on a scheduled call activity, you need to: 1. Look up activity 2. click on the activity to view it 3. ...

Connecting to BofA
anyone setup their sitekey and having problems with "update"? i created the sitekey like on tuesday and now when i do the update it fails constantly :(:(:(:( Try calling BofA's online banking dept at 800.933.6262 "w0rm3y" wrote: > anyone setup their sitekey and having problems with "update"? i created the > sitekey like on tuesday and now when i do the update it fails constantly > :(:(:(:( actually going to call again, i called wednesday (day before thanksgiving) and believe it or not they were already closed and i've sent them message...

Data Connection between Excel 2007 and SharePoint 2007
I have established a data connection in an Excel 2007 document from a SharePoint 2007 list. I then format the data in the Excel document. When I refresh the data connection, I lose some, but not all of my formatting. Why is this, and how can I fix it? ...

Client Protection Path selection
I've just started using the RC of DPM 2010 and I am really impressed.. I looked at the first release of DPM years ago and found it took more management time than our old Backup solution, but so far this week I have been able to backup all my servers with only a few teething problems (read my lack of reading the manual)... One question I have relates to Client Protection... in the dialog asking for what directories to include/exclude there is a list of common directories, is there a list of what physically directories are included in each of these groups... I could of cours...

Outlook 2003 refuses to connect to internet on "send/receive" if off-line
If I start up my computer, I am normally off-line. The connection to the internet is made if I start up my e-mail program or internet explorer. At least this used to be the situation. It still functions with outlook express and internet explorer, but I cannot get it to function with "Outlook 2003". If I am on-line Outlook 2003 functions correctly, but it refuses to connect on send/recieve if I am off-line. My settings for Internet-Email | Connection tab are: "Connect using LAN" (I use an ADSL connection) "Connect using modem if Outlook off-line" is selected a...

POP3 not allowing connections
I'm having a problem connecting to my Exchange server to download messages via POP3. MANPI, IMAP, HTTTP, RPC/HTTP all work fine. When connecting via Outlook Express I get the message: ----------- Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.mydomain.com', Server: '10.1.1.2', Protocol: POP3, Port: 111, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F ----------- I have verified that POP3 is running, and is set for use Any Available IP. I can telnet to ...

Outlook 2002 client #3
I have a 2002 pop client that receives a server time out error when trying to send an original email. All the account tests come back as completed and I receive the test email. It will forward and reply with no problem. Any suggestions? ...

ActiveX custom properties not browsed by clients
Hi All, I've an ActiveX control in ATL which has a few properties; one stock and two custom. I host the control into MS Excel and then from the context menu [on the control] hit Properties option, Excel's Properties browser opens. My problem is that for some reason the custom properties are not listed in that window but the stock property is. Do you know how to make a custom property appear in such a browser. [Note that the Property Pages are working OK; the problem is in Excel's own Properties browser.] The property map looks like this; BEGIN_PROP_MAP(CMyControl) .... PRO...

why is my network connection not accepted?
I am setting up my outlook 2003 to receive the email from my yahoo account. I went through the directions and everything is ok until it pops up and says enter network password with my email user name and password I put in the correct information and click ok, but it just keeps popping back up. I know I have both the password and user name correct. Please help!!! Do you have a YahooMail+ account? You need a paid Yahoo account to use POP3 access "HELP!!!" <HELP!!!@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2513CBDF-0719-4D8B-804B-0C79DEDBBE3E@microsoft.com... >I...

Outlook Client Cannot Authenticate to Exchange Server 2000
Hi All, I'm having a connection problem to my exchange server from my outlook. I have noticed, someone else got this same issue on one of the forum, but without a solution. Here's my problem in detail. I (user1) have Windows XP pro with SP1, I can authenticated to my domain without any problem. When Outlook XP is launched, the system prompts for the user id. I key the username and password, and the system responds that the logon information is incorrect, check the username, password or domain. This occurs on any id entered, including the administrator. I have not found anything that...

Rollup 6 Server and Client can be installed at different times, ri
It's my understanding that I can install Rollup 6 server, then later (days? weeks?) I can install the client version. I've been looking through KB 970148 to confirm this understanding but don't see anything. Have you installed the server and client rollups and different times? You can install rollups in any order. We have lots of workstation without any rollup and different rollup levels all around the world even server is updated already to Rollup6 level. br Jukka M "Avogadro" wrote: > It's my understanding that I can install Rollup 6 server, then later...