Citrix Printer Problem

When running on our Citrix server, everytime we change companies in Dynamics
the printer changes from the user's default to another printer.  Anyone know
how to make Dynamics stay with the default printer?  We are running Dynamics
Ver 7.0 and Citrix Metaframe XP Ver 1.0 on a Windows Sever 2003.

Thanks

0
JEK (30)

Hi

How is the GP client installed on the Citrx server?  Are all the users using
the same DEX.ini file?

"JEK" <JEK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When running on our Citrix server, everytime we change companies in
> Dynamics
> the printer changes from the user's default to another printer.  Anyone
> know
> how to make Dynamics stay with the default printer?  We are running
> Dynamics
> Ver 7.0 and Citrix Metaframe XP Ver 1.0 on a Windows Sever 2003.
>
> Thanks

Yes, all  users are using the same Dynamics directory with the same DEX.INI
File.

"James" wrote:

> Hi
>
> How is the GP client installed on the Citrx server?  Are all the users using
> the same DEX.ini file?
>

> "JEK" <JEK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When running on our Citrix server, everytime we change companies in
> > Dynamics
> > the printer changes from the user's default to another printer.  Anyone
> > know
> > how to make Dynamics stay with the default printer?  We are running
> > Dynamics
> > Ver 7.0 and Citrix Metaframe XP Ver 1.0 on a Windows Sever 2003.
> >
> > Thanks

0
JEK (30)
10/22/2004 4:05:09 PM
Because all users are sharing the same Dex.ini file, it is possible that one
user has configured Named Printers for that workstation and the choices made
by that user and now being applied to all users of that workstation.

Have a look at Setup >> System >> Named Printers.  They may have setup a
System or Company default which is applied on login.

In a Citrix environment where a single dex.ini is being used... and so a
single ST_MachineID setting in the Dex.ini, it is recommended to use User
Mode printers so that each user can be setup separately.  You can also use
Template User IDs to group multiple users into groups and set up Named
Printers once for the group.

Hope this helps?

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
MBS Services - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"JEK" wrote:

> Yes, all  users are using the same Dynamics directory with the same DEX.INI
> File.
>
> "James" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > How is the GP client installed on the Citrx server?  Are all the users using
> > the same DEX.ini file?
> >

> > "JEK" <JEK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When running on our Citrix server, everytime we change companies in
> > > Dynamics
> > > the printer changes from the user's default to another printer.  Anyone
> > > know
> > > how to make Dynamics stay with the default printer?  We are running
> > > Dynamics
> > > Ver 7.0 and Citrix Metaframe XP Ver 1.0 on a Windows Sever 2003.
> > >
> > > Thanks

0
dmusgrav (157)
10/23/2004 1:19:01 AM
What is user mode printers?

"David Musgrave" wrote:

> Because all users are sharing the same Dex.ini file, it is possible that one
> user has configured Named Printers for that workstation and the choices made
> by that user and now being applied to all users of that workstation.
>
> Have a look at Setup >> System >> Named Printers.  They may have setup a
> System or Company default which is applied on login.
>
> In a Citrix environment where a single dex.ini is being used... and so a
> single ST_MachineID setting in the Dex.ini, it is recommended to use User
> Mode printers so that each user can be setup separately.  You can also use
> Template User IDs to group multiple users into groups and set up Named
> Printers once for the group.
>
> Hope this helps?
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Senior Development Consultant
> MBS Services - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Business Solutions
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
>
> mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> and confers no rights.
>

> "JEK" wrote:
>

> > Yes, all  users are using the same Dynamics directory with the same DEX.INI
> > File.
> >
> > "James" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > How is the GP client installed on the Citrx server?  Are all the users using
> > > the same DEX.ini file?
> > >

> > > "JEK" <JEK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Orazio (1)
3/14/2005 5:03:07 PM
Fiore

Named Printers can be setup to use different printers based on the current
user and/or company.  To make this work we have the Printer Class drop down
list on the Assign Named Printers window and the Named Printers Setup window.

You may choose System, User, Company and User & Company. On a Citrix box
where a single dex.ini is used for all users, it would mean that there is a
single Machine ID for all users.  So you can use User Class printers to setup
different Printer selections for different users.

See the article below for information on using a Template User to simplify
the setup:

http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/gp_using_named_printers.aspx

Have a look at the Named Printers documentation for more info.

"Fiore D'Orazio" wrote:

> What is user mode printers?
>
> "David Musgrave" wrote:
>
> > Because all users are sharing the same Dex.ini file, it is possible that one
> > user has configured Named Printers for that workstation and the choices made
> > by that user and now being applied to all users of that workstation.
> >
> > Have a look at Setup >> System >> Named Printers.  They may have setup a
> > System or Company default which is applied on login.
> >
> > In a Citrix environment where a single dex.ini is being used... and so a
> > single ST_MachineID setting in the Dex.ini, it is recommended to use User
> > Mode printers so that each user can be setup separately.  You can also use
> > Template User IDs to group multiple users into groups and set up Named
> > Printers once for the group.
> >
> > Hope this helps?
> >
> > David Musgrave [MSFT]
> > Senior Development Consultant
> > MBS Services - Asia Pacific
> >
> > Microsoft Business Solutions
> > http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
> >
> > mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
> >
> > Any views contained within are my personal views and
> > not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
> > and confers no rights.
> >

> > "JEK" wrote:
> >

> > > Yes, all  users are using the same Dynamics directory with the same DEX.INI
> > > File.

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
3/15/2005 12:33:03 AM
What do you suggest for a multi location gp running on a citrix server farm
using a seperate dex.ini for each user?

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> Fiore
>
> Named Printers can be setup to use different printers based on the current
> user and/or company.  To make this work we have the Printer Class drop down
> list on the Assign Named Printers window and the Named Printers Setup window.
>
> You may choose System, User, Company and User & Company. On a Citrix box
> where a single dex.ini is used for all users, it would mean that there is a
> single Machine ID for all users.  So you can use User Class printers to setup
> different Printer selections for different users.
>
> See the article below for information on using a Template User to simplify
> the setup:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/gp_using_named_printers.aspx
>
> Have a look at the Named Printers documentation for more info.
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Senior Development Consultant
> MBS Services - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Business Solutions
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
>
> mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> and confers no rights.
>

> "Fiore D'Orazio" wrote:
>
> > What is user mode printers?
> >
> > "David Musgrave" wrote:
> >
> > > Because all users are sharing the same Dex.ini file, it is possible that one
> > > user has configured Named Printers for that workstation and the choices made
> > > by that user and now being applied to all users of that workstation.
> > >
> > > Have a look at Setup >> System >> Named Printers.  They may have setup a
> > > System or Company default which is applied on login.
> > >
> > > In a Citrix environment where a single dex.ini is being used... and so a
> > > single ST_MachineID setting in the Dex.ini, it is recommended to use User
> > > Mode printers so that each user can be setup separately.  You can also use
> > > Template User IDs to group multiple users into groups and set up Named
> > > Printers once for the group.
> > >
> > > Hope this helps?
> > >
> > > David Musgrave [MSFT]
> > > Senior Development Consultant
> > > MBS Services - Asia Pacific
> > >
> > > Microsoft Business Solutions
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
> > >
> > > mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
> > >
> > > Any views contained within are my personal views and
> > > not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> > > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
> > > and confers no rights.

No, separate Dex.ini files for each user become a nightmare when settings
need to be changed.

I suggest a single Machine ID for each Citrix box in your farm and using a
single Template User ID for each location on each box.  So 3 locations on 3
servers would require 9 setups for all users.

Please read my article for more info.

"Fiore D'Orazio" wrote:

> What do you suggest for a multi location gp running on a citrix server farm
> using a seperate dex.ini for each user?
>
> "David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > Fiore
> >
> > Named Printers can be setup to use different printers based on the current
> > user and/or company.  To make this work we have the Printer Class drop down
> > list on the Assign Named Printers window and the Named Printers Setup window.
> >
> > You may choose System, User, Company and User & Company. On a Citrix box
> > where a single dex.ini is used for all users, it would mean that there is a
> > single Machine ID for all users.  So you can use User Class printers to setup
> > different Printer selections for different users.
> >
> > See the article below for information on using a Template User to simplify
> > the setup:
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/gp_using_named_printers.aspx
> >
> > Have a look at the Named Printers documentation for more info.
> >
> > David Musgrave [MSFT]
> > Senior Development Consultant
> > MBS Services - Asia Pacific
> >
> > Microsoft Business Solutions
> > http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
> >
> > mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
> >
> > Any views contained within are my personal views and
> > not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
> > and confers no rights.
> >

> > "Fiore D'Orazio" wrote:
> >
> > > What is user mode printers?

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

sorting problems
HOT WATER HEATER:50766-1 HOT WATER HEATER:50766-10 HOT WATER HEATER:50766-2 HOT WATER HEATER:50766-3 HOT WATER HEATER:50766-4 This is the data that I am trying to sort by. The item with a -10 should be at the end but it always comes up this way. Please help. All of the postings that I looked at have not helped. Thanks, On Feb 18, 11:25=A0pm, tab <t...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > HOT WATER HEATER:50766-1 > HOT WATER HEATER:50766-10 > HOT WATER HEATER:50766-2 > HOT WATER HEATER:50766-3 > HOT WATER HEATER:50766-4 > > This is the data ...

GP problems and Citrix
Folks, Since last week, i believe after the Microsoft patches were applied to multiple citrix servers, we have been having some major issues with GP. 1) When sa login happens from any Citrix servers, GP crashes leaving event id 1001 in event viewer (dexerity error). 2) When a user from defined ADMIN group logs in, GP crashes with the same information. 3) When any other users login it works fine. 4) When some users select printer setup in GP, it will freeze on them, they wait for 30 to 60 seconds and it comes back as if nothing happened, but it still wont allow them to select the printer. 5)...

Printer for outdoor barcode labels
I am looking for recommendations for a barcode printer that will work with RMS and will print outdoor (weatherproof) barcode labels. I am currently using an OKIDATA laser that is printing on vinyl sheet labels, but it is on its' deathbed and I need to replace it. Susan, I did considerable research on this a couple of years ago and never found a printer that did a satisfactory job of printing "weatherproof" labels. I have several garden centers as POS customers and none use a printer interfaced to the POS. They all use stand-alone printers designed specifically for this...

INSTR search problem
Using VB5, I have a string of data that may contain an imbeded equal sign, Carrage return and Line Feed ie. Chr(61) Chr(13) Chr(10), one after another in the data string . How can I test for this? I have tried: TestHexString = " & Chr(61) & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & " CRLFfound = Instr(1, ActualData, TestHexString) If CRLFfound > 0 then but this doesn't work!! "Dennis Rose" <DennisRose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28EF964A-D52E-4509-9302-61262A7254F6@microsoft.com... > > Using VB5, I have a...

two receipts same printer
I need to print 2 different receipts from the same printer (epson tm88iii). I have to separate templates set up. The first prints fine. I have it set to prompt for the second receipt, which it does, but I get an error message saying the printer is locked by another program. Any Ideas? If using OPOS drivers, SO Manager | File | Configuration | Options tab | POS options | check Share the OPOS printer... -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a re...

Problems with default styles in Outlook 2003
Suddenly the default font colour has change to yellow so no one can read it. How to I reset the default andwhat template is it in? I use word 2003 as my editor and use html format. Thanks -- Regards, rfc ……..This is a very late answer to your question, but I have had the same problem for months, and it was only recently solved by Expert-Exchange forum: http://www.experts-exchange.com, Applications, MS Office topic area. Question Title: Email.dot template for Outlook XP The problem is a "bug" or a MS "joke" in the "blank" stationery cho...

Problem converting to VS .NET 2001 CAccessor
I've been converting a large project from VS 6.0 to VS.NET. I've run into the many problem with consumer templates and had thought I worked through all of them. However, when running the first "Select From xxx where yyy='value'" statement, I discovered 'value' was being set to an empty string. I narrowed the problem down to ATLDBCLI.H. But the problem seems so pervasive that I have a hard time believing a bug like this would have gotten out of preliminary testing within MS. So, I'm suspicious that we might not be properly extending some of the ATL acc...

OWA problems after changing e-mail address
I am in the process of evaluating Exchange 2003 and have come across a problem authenticating to Outlook Web Access. Lets say that my test domain is called test-domain.com Our e-mail addressing scheme however will be different, lets say test.com So, in our environment, my e-mail address would be jrkallas@test.com despite the fact that our AD domain is test-domain.com When we make this change within AD Users and Computers, we are no longer able to authenticate to Outlook Web Access. We can still access e-mail through the Outlook Client, but get "Authorization failed" on OW...

I Player problem
I have watched I Player for some time and never had a problem. Now I get two messages. The first is stating " Virtual memory is too low. Windows is increasing your virtual memory paging file" And the second "Insufficient bandwidth to stream programme" The result is I cannot get a proper video with it starting and stopping all the time What can I do to correct this? Blair Try running Disk Cleanup to delete all temp files. What free space is shown on C? "bm" <Darroch@aol.com> wrote in message news:uzA5Dij4KHA.6132@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl....

Sometimes fails to see printers
There are times when I open Publisher that it sees all of my printers, but other times it only sees Adobe and the default Microsoft Printer Driver. So, slightly more than half of the time I'll go to print my Publisher file only to find out that Adobe is my only solution. Sometimes, closing and reopening will fix it. But most of the time, once the file is created without being able to see the printer any time the file is opened it still can't see the printers. Publisher saves all printer information with each publication. If you printed with the PDF driver, the next time you op...

printer problems
I'm using Excel 2000 (9.0.3821 SR-1) At least once a day when I go to print something I get the message "No Printers Installed" and I have to restart the computer. Any idea what causes this. I have reinstalled the printer and that did not help. If you're on a network, I'd suspect some MIS "housekeeping" going on. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "eatel news" <pcormack@eatel.net> wrote in message news:99CdnWGFIfTi8HDdRVn-ug@eatel.net... > I'm using Excel 2000 (9.0.3821 SR-1) > At least once a day when I go to print something I get the...

Printing Problem
I can't get the gridlines within the graph to print. They are on the print preview, however. I am using Excel 2007. -- MamaSchantz Sounds like printer resolution problem. Format the gridlines to make them 'wider', try making them a dark color (black it monochrome printer) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Mamaschantz" <Mamaschantz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1811456D-9D60-495B-86B1-8B38F790A689@microsoft.com... >I can't get the gridlines within the graph to pr...

Collection Management Printer Settings failing
We are working with a customer (GP 10) who is receiving an error message in Collections Management. This is a new workstation. When trying to print Collections Management documents they are receiving the following: Open Operation on table CN Printer Settings cannot find the table. We have gone through the steps for Collection Local Setup but as soon as we open that screen, we receive the same message. When clicking OK and trying to view the printers, we get an Unhandled script exception: Illegal address for field CN Printer Settings in script Fax Setup I Select Fax Printer. We ha...

Question -Problem

Citrix
Does anyone know if RMS will ever support Citrix? There's been a post on this group recently about an organization that's running RMS over Terminal Services - check back as it may help you. You could enter a suggestion on Customer Source and if it gets enough votes it may make it in somewhere down the road. I sort of doubt that MS is ever going to officially support it though... -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here ...

PC lost it list of network printers
Hi A PC lost it list of network printers. However, a reboot restored the printer list. This has moved on to no printers showing and can't add a printer, as user or administartor. 'Windowcan't open Add printer. Operatin could not be completed. error 0x000006e6' The printer spooler service is running PC is behaving normally otherwise! PC: Win Vista Business sp2 Networked to SBS I have reposted this issue in this group as I have had no luck in the Vista Print goup! -- -- Many Thanks Drew ...

Native Application launches while printing through printer
Hi, 1)I have made a driver which generates a posctscriptfile with .prn extension. I convert it from Distiller/Ghostscript to PDF it works fine. 2)To generate the postscript file i print it from the driver. While printing the document, lets say a .doc file, it opens the document in its native application (Microsoft Word ) and then closes automatically. I want the Native App should not open. 3) So i thought i should sent the data to print directlt to the printer, the native app will not launch. i Saw the Microsoft Sites "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/138594", and downloaded the r...

Outlook 2K3 Contact Problem.
Good day to all. Using Outlook 2K3 with Exchange 2K. I have a local Contacts List that I can add to, edit, delete and copy to a shared Contacts list in an Exchange PF. When I send a message and click on the "To" button, I can browse the GAL, the Shared Contacts on the Exchange Server. All is good. Now when I click on the "Local Contacts", I get the following message: "The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions." Well it...

Redraw problem
I have a dialog based app which has a row of buttons at the bottom of the client area and a slider just above the buttons. When the dialog window is re-sized I set the position of the buttons and a slider so that they are always at the bottom of the dialog's client area. This works OK except that if I resize the dialog vertically by dragging its top or bottom up and down repeatedly *rapidly*, the buttons and slider end up with fragments of other controls drawn across them. For example the slider has bits of the button text across it. I can't get rid of these fragments unless I forc...

Outlook Problem -- Closing itself down as soon as it is opened
I am using Outlook 2003 and sometimes when I click the icon to open the program it opens up, but then a second later closes down. Even the little icon in the system tray disappears. It doesn't happen each time I open the program but it is happening rather frequently. Does anyone know what's happening here? Thanks, Jake Cripes, that's not even time enough to click on hotbabe.jpg.pif "Jake" <someone@someplace.com> wrote in message news:%23H09oyhWEHA.1340@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I am using Outlook 2003 and sometimes when I click the icon to open the >...

Problem with Outlook #3
Yesterday I upgraded my Outlook Express to Version 6.0. Since I did this, when I try and bring it up, it asks for my password, then freezes up. After many tries,including rebooting several times, I gave up. This morning it did the same thing again. After the second try, it finally went in to my e-mail. I am sure that I will have problems again with it. Any thoughts to what may be causing this? I am going to leave my Outlook Express up, so I can read the responses. If I shut it down, I am not sure that I can pull it up. My e-mail is 1Combs1@comcast.net Hi, Cathy - This is a gr...

Citrix and WM_WTSSESSION_CHANGE
If one of you has Citrix Presentation Server, which is based on Windows 2003 Server, can you try this software and post the result? I already tried this on Citrix XenApp, which is based on Windows 2008 Server. XenApp is the new name for Citrix Presentation Server. I don't have the 2003 version server, and I need to run the following code to see if it sends WM_WTSSESSION_CHANGE to my app when a single published application is started. In reality, I have a service running that sees this message through HandlerEx() function, but I don't think that I would get the customer co...

Clusted stacked column chart
I'm posting this (after banging my head against a brick wall for several hours) in case anyone else should run into the following, and I would be very interested to know if anyone knows of potential reasons for the problem. I made use of Jon Peltier's technique for creating a clustered-stacked column chart (http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked- column-charts/). This worked fine the first time I used it. However, thereafter at the step: "The month names are not centered correctly under the clustered columns. Format the scale of the secondary category axis (B throug...

Login problem to CRM 3.0
Hi, I installed CRM 3.0 Professional Edition without any error. I can login perfectly from the CRM server either using http://localhost:5555/ or http://appserver:5555/ under the crmadmin user. If I login to an XP workstation with the same user (crmadmin) and specify http://appserver:5555/ in IE6, I got a login window - where I enter the correct DOMAINNAME\crmadmin username and password - and got the following message: "You are not authorized to view this page"..."HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized... I think the prolem is around IIS security, but what shoud be the next step. Th...

WinCE or Windows Mobile
Is WinCE oe Windows Mobile have support for Virtual Printer, using that we can save the content to be printed in PDF or other format instead of really prnting in the paper. AFAIK windows CE doesn't support virtual printer. -- vinoth.R http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com http://www.e-consystems.com "SIDDIQ" wrote: > Is WinCE oe Windows Mobile have support for Virtual Printer, using that we > can save the content to be printed in PDF or other format instead of really > prnting in the paper. On 3/31/2010 6:03 AM, SIDDIQ wrote: > Is WinCE oe ...