checking server config

We are a large company with about 200+ GP users and I wanted to get
some thoughts on some new servers for our GP 10 upgrade (not sure
about the drive sizes ??, we have about 165 gig total in 150
databases):

Any Proliant/PowerEdge/Other preferences/comments?

Production Server
Quad Core Intel Xeon 2.2 GHz or higher
2 - Processors
8 GB RAM
20 - 76GB Hard Drives SAN preferred (RAID 5/10 ok)
1 Gig Ethernet NIC
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise 32bit
SQL Server 2005 Enterprise

Test Server
Quad Core Intel Xeon 2.2 GHz or higher
2 - Processors
4 GB RAM
3 - 76GB hard Drives SAN preferred (RAID 5/10 ok)
1 Gig Ethernet NIC
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise 32bit
SQL Server 2005 Standard

Exchange 2003 NDR when trying to 'Send as' to users on same server
A client has one Exchange 2003 server SP2 on a windows 2003 SP1 server. This server currently hosts three e-mail domains, two of which are actively in use without problems. Some of the client's employee's have need to send e-mail from both domains. I have created a seperate account for these employees in each domain, both work fine. I've set forwarding for e-mail to their primary domain, and given 'send as' permissions to their alt-account in the other e-mail domain. They can send fine if the address(es) they are sending to are not on the same server, but they fa...

Message Tracking in Exchange Server 5.5
Hi, I need to track incoming messages to my Exhange Server (its exchange server 5.5). Can anybody suggest that how to enable it. Thanks, Ruchir. On 12 Dec 2005 21:26:09 -0800, "Ruchir" <ruchirdhar@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, >I need to track incoming messages to my Exhange Server (its exchange >server 5.5). >Can anybody suggest that how to enable it. > >Thanks, >Ruchir. In 5.5, I believe the checkbox to enable is on the properties of the server object in the admin gui. ...

merge MSN Bill Pay & Checking Acct

Exchange Server 2003 stopped receiving and sending
We host our own Exchange Server. It does not show "down" or generate any error messages but as of around 4:15 yesterday afternoon can't get anything incoming or send anything outgoing. It must be queue'ing somewhere as again, there are no error messages or bouncebacks. We had some hardware problems late last week (back fan not working) which caused several automatic shutdowns of the server but Exchange was working fine for a day or two after hardware repairs. I do not believe they are related. I can sign into Outlook while on the network and get a "connected" m...

Authorizing checks with RMS

How do I create Check list

Integration Project Server Share Point Server
Hi all, How could I integrate project server tasks with Project Task list in share point sites? I have PS 2007 (accessing with pwa) and MOSS 2007 (with Share Point services 3) and I have correctly assigned a shre point site to the pwa workspace. thanks, Luca Luca: You would need tor write custom code to do this. If you want to pursue this, ask follow-up questions in the developers group. -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com "Luca" &l...

Requesting Information from Server
I seem to get a lot of messages in Outlook that pop up telling me it is requesting information from the Server. It takes about 30 sec and then continues with the work. Does anyone know why this happens and what it is triggered by? Thanks Kate "Kate" <khornburg@lcminc.com> wrote in message news:0af001c34ca6$1925b6d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I seem to get a lot of messages in Outlook that pop up > telling me it is requesting information from the Server. > It takes about 30 sec and then continues with the work. > Does anyone know why this happens and what it is trigg...

Routing and Remote Access service Server 2003
I am using a server 2003 as a router. (Not ISA) Is it possible to assign a second ip address to the internet facing adapter and map that ip to an internal ip ? No, I don't believe it is possible. I used second and other IP addresses exclusively for web sites hosted on the IIS and nothing else. "Dave Mc" <DaveMc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF7CD089-E878-4F92-81A0-C6051F7B4791@microsoft.com... > I am using a server 2003 as a router. (Not ISA) Is it possible to assign > a > second ip address to the internet facing adapter and...

Migrating multiple Outlook clients from one server to another
Problem – we have numerous outlook clients ’98,2000,2003 deployed on a range of platforms from W95 to XP Pro. These access a number of exchange 5.5 servers, in separate domains, which we would like to migrate to one central exchange 2003 cluster. Is there a tool or reg hack that would effectively allow us to deploy an update to reflect the new server in the email clients profile via a login script or group policy? Have had a look at profgen and do not feel it is suitable for the way we have deployed exchange mail user names and our domain usernames. ...

pst files on ftp server?
Is it possible to locate pst files on a ftp server such that outlook 2003 will connect to it and modify it when necessery? I would guess that since Microsoft doesn't even support a PST placed on a mapped network drive that perhaps an FTP server wouldn't be such a good idea. Is it possible? Yes. Would it work well? Possibly not and because it's not supported or recommended, you would have no recourse if anything went wrong and you didn't keep a good backup. Outlook needs to have read/write access to the PST which works best when the PST is kept locally on the PC. --...

Printing Checks

Check Names = "Exchange Server computer is busy..."
Here's what I got: Active Directory on Server 2003 1 Domain Controller also running DNS and WINS No other DNS or WINS servers (I know, I know) Static IP Addresses...NO DHCP Exchange Server 2003 on a member server Client running W2K SP4 Outlook 2000 SP3 Exchange has 4 mailboxes set, but nobody is using it. I'm still testing things out. When I try to connect to Exchange via my Outlook 2000, I get the following message: "The function cannot be performed because the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is busy. Try again later" I've tried it from 3 different client comp...

OUTLOOK ON NT SERVER
Anyone know where the .pst file is located at on NT SERVER? Tim's advice was sound; do a Start | Find | Files or Folders and search for *.PST. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "jamie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03fb01c3a4aa$e9db6110$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know where the .pst file is located at on NT > SERVER? ...

how to restore deleted email messages back to the server
hi guys. i have a very big problem and i have to fix it before it is noticed. I just set up windows mail and i forgot to set it NOT to delete the messages from the server, so it downloaded all the email messages and cleared the server completely! How can i restore the emails back to the server????? It's going to be noticed. The only way to put them back on the server is to forward them to yourself. That will get them there, but the message headers will be changed. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Kheme" <Khe...

Employee Check Format-Graphical

Printing MICR checks
Hello, We are having an issue printing checks on the Select Payables Checks window. When we try to print the checks we receive the error message below: "Warning: You have MICR but are not in a MICR screen. To use MICR, abort this screen and set up security access." The user has access to this screen but I'm not sure what this error message means. There was nothing related to this in the Knowledge Base either. Has anyone else received this error message before and if so how did/do you resolve it? Thanks! The user has the third party mekorma check writing module ...

Check off boxes
Publisher 2003 in use. I am creating a questionnaire that will be included in a newsletter. I am using the publisher software to make this form. Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Any help along this line will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and enjoy your day. Mike Mike Reshetar wrote: > Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, > however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Use Wingdings and the � or q characters. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher h...

check check check
afpoiadshfpaosid It is a feature, not a bug -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

spam properties check
When I receive a suspecious email (spam), I right click, without opening the message, to check the properties to make sure it is spam before I forward to the "missed spam" software of my ISP. Some spam emails then ask me if "I want to save the changes" before I close the properties box. I am then not able to forward this email without replying yes to "save the changes?" I did not make any changes, I just checked the properties. Why is this happening? ...

Removing SRS when exchange 5.5 server no longer exists
I have inherited a nightmare of an exchange installation. Initially, the exchange 5.5 environment was upgraded to Exchange 2003. However, before the Exchange 5.5 server was successfully removed from Exchange, it was turned off and taken out of the network. As a result, previous administrators have attempted many different things to remove all references to this server from Exchange/AD. However, this first Exchange 2003 server is itself now to be decommissioned, but I can't uninstall exchange because it detects Site Replication services as being on this server "You can not unins...

tristate check box #2
I have a tristate check box.The default behavour of tristate check box in windows is that, the grayed check box will become unchecked after click on grayed check box. But i want , the grayed check box will become checked after click on grayed check box in VC++ .Pls help me its urgent. Well, for Win32, you can always SendMessage the button a BM_GETSTATE. I'm sure with MFC there's a function that will permit this; it could be as simple as button_name.GetState(). Well, for the event OnClick for that button, you can get the state of the button and then either run it through some if-...