Check Links in GP6.0

I'm new to a company that is running GP 6.0 and have not run Check Links for
at least a year.  Before I run against the live database I'd like to restore
to a test company and run the process.

My question is what kind of things should I do and look for to validate that
the check links process was succesful.  What I fear is that we run the
process and find days later that it messed something up and we have to try
and recover.

Is there a checklist of things to look for?

Thanks for any help!

Jeff...

0
jdrut10 (57)

Jeff,

If check links changes anything at all, it will indicate so in a report that
is printed after the process is run.  Some of the messages are a little
cryptic, but you can usually figure out what they mean and where to look at
the data that was either changed or noted on the report.

I have used check links for many years, and have never actually had it do
anything that would require a restore.  However, as a precaution, it is
recommended that you make a backup before you run check links.  I like your
idea of running it on a test company restored from your production database,
because all users have to be out of the company you're running check links
on and this will give you an idea of how long it will take and what it will
try to fix.

--
Victoria Yudin
Microsoft MVP - Great Plains

"JDR" <jdrut10@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm new to a company that is running GP 6.0 and have not run Check Links
> for at least a year.  Before I run against the live database I'd like to
> restore to a test company and run the process.
>
> My question is what kind of things should I do and look for to validate
> that the check links process was succesful.  What I fear is that we run
> the process and find days later that it messed something up and we have to
> try and recover.
>
> Is there a checklist of things to look for?
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> Jeff...

0
victoria (3340)

Linking Cells Between Sheets
This very straight forward function no longer works for me. When I enter "=" the cell reference cell changes to "ACOSH" as opposed to "VLOOKUP" on other computers. This will not eference cells on other worksheets within the same spreadsheet and even worse, changes seamingly random cell values in existing spreadsheets, often creating circular references. Nobody seems able to help and a the moment I am considering re-installing office! ACOSH is one of the Trigonometric Functions Simply typing an "=" sign in a cell should not invoke VLOOKUP or any ...

merge MSN Bill Pay & Checking Acct

Authorizing checks with RMS

Documentation CD of MSCRM 3.0
Hi there, I've downloaded MSCRM 3.0 beta and in the SDK there's a sample code of dynamicpicklists indicating to be in the documentation CD. Where can i download that cd for this version? or is there any place else to find that code? thanks in advance, Diogo Maya Monteiro If you check the readme in the doc folder, it has links to the SDK online. This download has the samples you are looking for. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Diogo Monteiro" <DiogoMonteiro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:123A6D9A-8C14-4777-BC19-F824B7677491@microsoft.com....

How do I create Check list

Linking Chart items to files
Anyone got a clue on how to link each stacked bar(or similar) to a different file, so when someone views the file, he can click on the bar, to get a relevant document on his web-browser/similar(pdf, whatever). Any suggestions? You can write event procedures that determine which point was clicked. Within the procedure you need some kind of lookup to see what document should be launched according to the point which was clicked. Here's an article on chart events: http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical...

Why this happen? is it a bug of mfc9.0
I write a program in vc++ 2008,and i want to make it support multiple language. so i write a dll with all the resource build in it ,then i use the API function : LoadLibrary to Load the resource dll. last i use AfxSetResourceHandle(hCurrLanguageInstanceHandle);still now the application can run. but when i change the visual style. for example i change the style to office 2007(blue style), the application will stop at line 7 below.. can someone help me. thanks !!!!!! 1 CTagManager tm; 2 if (!tm.LoadFromResource(GetStyleResourceID(m_Style), AFX_RT_STYLE_XML)) 3 { 4 #if !defined _A...

Link or embed into Word?
Posted this in Word discussionwith no luck. Using Office 2003. 125 page Word doc with multiple small spreadsheets - embedded as objects. Having recurring corruption issues with these. Need Excel functionality, so don't want to use true Word tables. Is it better (more stable) to link instead of embed? Either way, is it better to use one large spreadsheet with multiple tabs, or lots of small spreadsheets? Thanks! ...

Printing Checks

Linking workbooks in Excel
I'm trying to link two workbooks. The information I enter in the first workbook is the master copy and I would like this same information to be updated in the second workbook. I use the second workbook as the updated status which I send to clients. I usually create two workbooks and then enter the information twice, once in the master workbook and again in the client's copy - tedious and incorrect, I'm sure. Thank you for your help. Just some thoughts .. if the 2 books were identical (probably not?), just send over a copy* of your master would satisfy ? *say, a frozen copy ...

Employee Check Format-Graphical

Check Names = "Exchange Server computer is busy..."
Here's what I got: Active Directory on Server 2003 1 Domain Controller also running DNS and WINS No other DNS or WINS servers (I know, I know) Static IP Addresses...NO DHCP Exchange Server 2003 on a member server Client running W2K SP4 Outlook 2000 SP3 Exchange has 4 mailboxes set, but nobody is using it. I'm still testing things out. When I try to connect to Exchange via my Outlook 2000, I get the following message: "The function cannot be performed because the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is busy. Try again later" I've tried it from 3 different client comp...

Printing MICR checks
Hello, We are having an issue printing checks on the Select Payables Checks window. When we try to print the checks we receive the error message below: "Warning: You have MICR but are not in a MICR screen. To use MICR, abort this screen and set up security access." The user has access to this screen but I'm not sure what this error message means. There was nothing related to this in the Knowledge Base either. Has anyone else received this error message before and if so how did/do you resolve it? Thanks! The user has the third party mekorma check writing module ...

linking two pages
I have seperate documents and then I put them all together into one as a completely different document. Can you link these two seperate documents and see all of the information instead of just a button that will take you to the linked doc? I want to make corrections to one doc and have the other doc update itself when it is opened but I do not want the link to appear as an icon. I have figured out how to do it in excel but I cannot seem to get it to work in Publisher. Is there a way to do it? ...

Link to a MS Word bookmark?
A Task note has the following link <file:c:\Documents and Settings\phil\Desktop\common.doc#mybookmark> this works EXCEPT it does not go to the bookmark. Am I doing something wrong or is this just not possible? Phil AFAIK, it's just not possible. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Phil" <nospam> wrote in message news:OvcmqSkeEHA.3520@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > A Task note has the following link > <file:c...

Check off boxes
Publisher 2003 in use. I am creating a questionnaire that will be included in a newsletter. I am using the publisher software to make this form. Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Any help along this line will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and enjoy your day. Mike Mike Reshetar wrote: > Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, > however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Use Wingdings and the � or q characters. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher h...

Excel 2007
Hi All, I wonder if you can help me please. I have figures sent to me monthly from 4 members of staff, I have to collate this information to create 1 monthly summary report and also graphs from the various data sets too. I want to standardise and simplify this procedure as it take ages to complete each month. First off, I created a template for my staff members which they have to complete monthly, that way I am receiving their data in exactly the same layout and format each month. The templates ask my 4 managers for different figures, the 1 sheet in their individua...

check check check
afpoiadshfpaosid It is a feature, not a bug -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

spam properties check
When I receive a suspecious email (spam), I right click, without opening the message, to check the properties to make sure it is spam before I forward to the "missed spam" software of my ISP. Some spam emails then ask me if "I want to save the changes" before I close the properties box. I am then not able to forward this email without replying yes to "save the changes?" I did not make any changes, I just checked the properties. Why is this happening? ...

tristate check box #2
I have a tristate check box.The default behavour of tristate check box in windows is that, the grayed check box will become unchecked after click on grayed check box. But i want , the grayed check box will become checked after click on grayed check box in VC++ .Pls help me its urgent. Well, for Win32, you can always SendMessage the button a BM_GETSTATE. I'm sure with MFC there's a function that will permit this; it could be as simple as button_name.GetState(). Well, for the event OnClick for that button, you can get the state of the button and then either run it through some if-...

Check scanning and Check readers
Has any group successfully integrated a check reader or scanner into a MSFT RMS-POS solution? Our small business processes alot of checks from contracts and cash from customers. So, we need to integrate credit card, debit card, cash, and checks processing. I've been wanting to implement RMS but have been unsuccessful in locating info on any check readers and compatibility with RMS. Anyone with a solution to reading, scanning, and electronically verifying checks at the POS? Rms only supports check verification using PC Charge. Also, RMS only supports MICR (Magnetic Ink Character...

Migrate data from 1.2 to 3.0
Hi Can i use the data migration framework to migrate data from 1.2 SBS to 3.0 Professional after doing all the required mappings ? Is there an easier way to have data from 1.2 SBS moved to 3.0 Professional? Unfortunately you cannot move data between deployments. You can only upgrade the existing CRM 1.2 deployment to 3.0. There is no 1.2 SBS Edition, so you may have to redeploy the 1.2 environment to a new place, then upgrade the system. -- Laszlo Kovacs MCSE+S, MCT, Microsoft Dynamics Certified Master "Jij" wrote: > Hi Can i use the data migration framework to migrate d...