Changing Inventory Item Types #2

In GP7.5, is there any way to change inventory
item types once they have been used?  Can the item
be deleted and then recreated at the end of a
year?  Are there any utility programs that can do
this?  In particular, I've got some "sales
inventory" items that I want to convert to "kits"
and others that need to be "services"

0
short1 (6)

We are on 8.0, but I don't think it is possible to change the item type - not
even with Professional System Tools.  We have changed the item name (via
tools) to include the word Discontinued.  Then we set up a new item to
replace the old.

"Gregg Short" wrote:

> In GP7.5, is there any way to change inventory
> item types once they have been used?  Can the item
> be deleted and then recreated at the end of a
> year?  Are there any utility programs that can do
> this?  In particular, I've got some "sales
> inventory" items that I want to convert to "kits"
> and others that need to be "services"

0
LAM (33)

External data link change

Why does the change change to a number?

VBA Help Files #2
Kabel and Dibben - VBA Help files not on my installation CD any further clues as to where I can go on MSFT sites to find and download these files? Will start searching now yet could not find yesterday! TX JHAM Has been a long time since I installed Excel 97 and do not have the CD available. I think I remember that when originally installing the same thing happened to me when I chose the basic install......No VBA help files. Next time around I chose "Custom Install" and the VBA Help files were automatically downloaded and installed from the 'net. If you have the CD try the ...

physical count of serialized items
how RMS will deal with serialized items if we make a physical count and the quantity was different of database. our setting is : -require serial number when receiving inventory -synchronize quantiy with serial numbers -inforce unique serial in POS how will we synchronize the serial numbers the new QTY . any help please. best reqards This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00F2_01C89A52.C606CF70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Bacha11, Badly, its been repor...

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

Installation problems #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Hi When i install office on my desktop it installs ok but when i try to open word or excel it comes up with the customer experience program everytime and launches microsoft update i then click "no, i dont want to participate at this time." and then continue, then the get started window appears and i click finish but nothing happens, then if i try to open word or excel again it does the same thing again and it doesnt ask for the product key at any time. But when i installed office on my macbook it works fine,...

Filter contact records by customer type code in views
In version 1.2 I had set up several views of contact records by customer type code. In 3.0 this field cannot be selected as filtering criteria. While the views I had set up in 1.2 work, that cannot be changed. Is there a reason this field is no longer avialable under 3.0? This field is listed attribute. Is there a way to may it appear? Thanks for any help you can give. Brand Microsoft CRM Support maybe of help with this one, try submiting a incident for this. Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. www.workopia.com "Brand" wrote: > In version 1.2 I had set up several v...

Send.Item message when using mapi emailing
Hi, When using the MAPI profile to send mails via Send.Item Outlook stops and shows the Yes, No message for permission to send. I have checked all IE settings and Outlook but cant turn this off? I know its there somewhere, any help locating and turning off this setting would be fantastic! Kind Regards James See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm for your options with regard to the "object model guard" security in Outlook 2000 SP2 and later versions. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, an...

Excel Pivot Items Using C#
I am working on a C# add-in that modifies pivot tables. I have done this work in VBA, and the object model seems straightforward, e.g., PivotTable-PivotFields-PivotItems, but I can not get the object for PivotItems, or iterate through the items. Do I need something other than PivotItems? Code for PivotFields, that works: IExcel.PivotFields pvtfs = (IExcel.PivotFields) pvtTable.get_PageFields(Missing.Value); foreach (IExcel.PivotField pvtf in pvtfs) { Code for the does nto work, and PivotItems shows no va...

Pvt Table Question #2
Hi, I'm in excel 2007. I have a couple of really big sheets and would like to make a pvt table. My question is - is it possible to make a pvt table using two sheets? If so, how do you do this? Thanks! Alt/DP, then choose Multiple consolidation ranges -- the UI was removed from the ribbon. "lj" <lj@spu.edu> wrote in message news:a137474c-7ea2-4c35-a9ab-43af7056c140@x38g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I'm in excel 2007. I have a couple of really big sheets and would > like to make a pvt table. My question is - is it possible to make a > pvt table...

How to change newsgroup message font

Filter #2
Hi to all Range B7:B800 has month names: Jan, Feb, .... until Dec. I use filter to select certain months. What formula do I need in cell L5 to show the month being filltered. i.e. if I filltered for Mar then in cell L5, I want to see the value of "March 2008" (without the quotes.) Your right about the years. The cells in the range B7:B800 have the format of: =TEXT(B7,"MMM") and they are dajcent cells. I should have mentioned that all the dates are only for ONE year (2008). To clarify: When I apply the filter for March, I will see only the line that has the value M...

Inventory time coming up
Our inventory is coming up and I want to unload an entire site in to main, count it and then transfer it back to the truck site based on new load amounts. Does anyone have an Insert script they have used to populate a inventory transfer. I really don't want to manually switch all 5000 items. Can you give a more detailed explaination of what you are trying to accomplish and why. "Gloria" wrote: > Our inventory is coming up and I want to unload an entire site in to main, > count it and then transfer it back to the truck site based on new load > amounts. Does a...

Cannot open file after installing Office 2007 Service Pack 2
I cannot open the publisher files after I installed Office 2007 Service Pack 2. Does anybody know what to do? Luckily one of our PCs has not yet the SP2. this way I can at least work. Thanks for help Stefan Are you getting an error? You may have to do a registry fix: Error message when you try to open a publication in Publisher: "Publisher cannot open the file" or "Publisher has detected a problem http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us Do you have Norton? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us ...

Change a formula to an acual number

CTreeCtrl : 2 or more overlays
Hi, I use CTreeCtrl::SetItemState to show overlayed images for a tree item icon. For different states of object different overlays are used. My question is: can I use two overlayed images simultaneously? I tried, the last one just overwrites the first one. Of course I can create third image that combines those two. I just want to make sure there is no other way to implement this. (Prefer to code rather than paint). Regards, ~Peter To the best of my knowledge, no. It is also hard to come up with overlays that Play Well Together under these conditions. I'd suggest the third-image appr...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003