Change User Name Spellings

Is it possible to change username spellings in GP 9.0? If yes then how?

Thanks!

You can change a user name at any time.  You must log into GP as 'sa' and
then go to Tools > Setup > System > User.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"create_share" <createshare@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to change username spellings in GP 9.0? If yes then how?
>
> Thanks!

0
victoria (3340)
11/11/2007 9:38:39 PM
Are you talking about the publicly displayed user name or the ID the user
signs on with?  For the user name, Victoria of course is correct, that can be
changed at any time.

For the user ID, no.  Create a new user with the desired id and use the
functions in Advanced Security in V9 to copy the rights of the original user
to the new user.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> You can change a user name at any time.  You must log into GP as 'sa' and
> then go to Tools > Setup > System > User.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>

> "create_share" <createshare@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to change username spellings in GP 9.0? If yes then how?
> >
> > Thanks!

0
info4071 (3004)
11/12/2007 1:24:00 AM
Yes! i am talking about the ID itself. I know i can change the display name.
So that means the only way is to create the id with the desired name and copy
the rights. Ok Thanks!

"Richard Whaley -- MVP" wrote:

> Are you talking about the publicly displayed user name or the ID the user
> signs on with?  For the user name, Victoria of course is correct, that can be
> changed at any time.
>
> For the user ID, no.  Create a new user with the desired id and use the
> functions in Advanced Security in V9 to copy the rights of the original user
> to the new user.
>
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > You can change a user name at any time.  You must log into GP as 'sa' and
> > then go to Tools > Setup > System > User.
> >
> > --
> > Victoria Yudin
> > Dynamics GP MVP
> > Flexible Solutions, Inc.
> >

> > "create_share" <createshare@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Is it possible to change username spellings in GP 9.0? If yes then how?
> > >
> > > Thanks!

outlook express Spell check not working
I installed MS-office 7.0 on my XP and the icon for the e- mail spell checker came on but the still does not work. I get an error message. Whats up now??? I was told all I needed was office and it would work!! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public....

External data link change

AddIn Functions Have File Path and #NAME? Error
Hello, How do I get Excel 2007 to drop the file path on formulas with Excel addin functions in them? I've just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007 on XP and am having some trouble with my Excel addin workbook functions. There are a number of addins that are kept in a directory on the computer, C:\ExcelAddins. They are updated from time to time and so everyone has them in this directory on there computer so IT can upload updates. After the Office 2007 upgrade I added all these addins to Excel 2007. In 2003 I would be able to access the addin functions by typing in the name and pa...

MAPI and IMAP coexsistance on same client/server for transparent users in the wild...
An exchange 2003 server with enabled secure IMAP and OWA. Clients running Outlook 2003 with both MAPI and IMAP connections to the same server. This is for troubleless connections for users being both on the LAN and out in the wild without VPN. What are your experinces about best setup in this scenario - how will users get the most transparent feel - that is: calender working, mails getting to the same location, still available via OWA... regardless whether they are on the LAN or in the wild. Regards, Lars. Go with Mapi all the way for the functionality. Implement RPC over HTTPs for rem...

Why does the change change to a number?

If my System.IO.StreamWriter Write method throws "The specified network name is no longer available." and I try to Dispose or Close it in the finaly clause the close or dispose method just throws "The
If my System.IO.StreamWriter Write method throws "The specified network name is no longer available." and I try to Dispose or Close it in the finaly clause the close or dispose method just throws "The specified network name is no longer available." again. how to clean this up? after this the stream writer is stuck connected until i restart my process. ...

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

Stop sheet showing when Using Datapig's Force Users to enable macr
Hi, I think this is probably not do-able I'm using Datapig Technologies example to force users to enable macros When the workbook is closed all sheets other than a warning sheet are very hidden so that if the workbook is opened with macros disabled then the user can only see a warning sheet saying to close and open with macros enabled. Then on opening with macros enabled the waring sheet is very hidden and the other sheets can be seen. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Application.ScreenUpdating = False Sheets("Warning").Visible = True Sh...

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

College research project
Hi All! I'm conducting a survey for my college research project and need responses. It's for MS office users and I need as much of a response as possible. Under the name question, just put your first name and your last initial. I just need it as a separate identifier. if you have a handle that you use in the newsgroup, feel free to use that, too. There is no personal information asked for. Here's the link: http://www.summitcadd.com/ms_word_survey.htm Thanks, John From: "John" <jprovetto@earthlink.net> | Hi All! | | I'm conducting a survey for my co...

Import users to AD
I am trying to import 200 users from a .csv file to Windows 2008 R2 Active Directory. As I have no idea of scripting, I searched the Internet and found this: Import-CSV c:\users.csv | ForEach-Object { New-QADUser -Name $_.display -SamAccountName $_.SamAccountName -UserPrincipalName $_.user1 -FirstName $_.first -LastName $_.last -DisplayName $_.display -Phone $_.phone -Department $_.departamento -Title $_.Title -Company $_.company -Streetaddress $_.street -PostalCode $_.zip -City $_.city -StateOrProvince $_.state -UserPassword $_.password -ParentContainer DOMAIN.CORP/NEWUSERS } ...

Deleted User Mailbox
Delete a user from Exchange 2003 and the mailbox showed as orphane. Later created a new user and connected that mailbox to that new user successfully. Now the new user cannot logon using OWA. Under Mailboxes in the ESM it shows user connected successfully but under Last Logged in by it show ... S-1-5-21-106....... Please advise. Thank you in advance. ...

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension

tracking user messages
Hi how to obtain the ip address or machine name of an user who is sending message from outlook 2003 client and on a private wan ( not using SMTP connection through internet) thanks at all Try auditing successfull logon events then search the log for that account...if memory serves that will give you computer name and username. "Frédéric de Thysebaert" wrote: > Hi > how to obtain the ip address or machine name of an user who is sending > message from outlook 2003 client and on a private wan ( not using SMTP > connection through internet) > > th...

Field Type Change